Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strikers and KH 09:12 - Nov 20 with 13960 viewsgeraldo

Does our manager really understand about strikers? What I mean is instinctive players who are goal poachers. We haven't had one since Scot Hogan and yet a team like Oldham who until Saturday I would have rated below us, fielded two who both feature in the top strikers in Lg 1 - one of them who scores a goal per game.
We had Redshaw ( for some reason) who scored 4 on Saturday but let him go after scoring a hat trick in a friendly. Steve Davies is our best striker and he got 10 minutes game time on Saturday - if fit he should start every game.
We picked up our biggest ever windfall this season from the Hogan sell on but have spent sweet fa - maybe the Board don't trust KH's judgement?
Strikers and KH on 09:59 - Nov 20 with 7259 viewsinthenet

It is very puzzling , don't forget we have Calvin ! ... yes sometimes he can hold up play but as a striker forget it , come on Hilly we are relegation material if nothing gets changed .
Saturday was the eye opener how poor we really are.

Rastrickblue

Strikers and KH on 13:19 - Nov 20 with 7044 viewsfitzochris

We didn’t let Redshaw go. He was offered more at Salford than we would pay. Still feels like a slap in the face, given the preseason training he had with us.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Strikers and KH on 13:32 - Nov 20 with 7018 viewsDaleFan7

The youth team seem to score a lot. Give a striker like Tavares a go in the first team. Can't be any worse than that shower that's playing at the moment.
Strikers and KH on 13:40 - Nov 20 with 7003 viewsDareToCalvin

Could do, but remember Gillam scored loads for the Youth Team last season and he really struggled on Saturday to make an impact. Agree about Davies though, he is a different class on his day; although he has looked more unfit this year, that may be why KH isn't playing him.
Strikers and KH on 13:41 - Nov 20 with 6999 viewsrochdale_ranger

Bringing Matty Done back was a mistake. It’s obvious he’s not arsed as he isn’t playing for the big move anymore. I would give for a Chris Dagnall at the moment let alone a lambert or an holt.
Strikers and KH on 13:42 - Nov 20 with 6994 viewsnordenblue

Strikers and KH on 13:41 - Nov 20 by rochdale_ranger

Bringing Matty Done back was a mistake. It’s obvious he’s not arsed as he isn’t playing for the big move anymore. I would give for a Chris Dagnall at the moment let alone a lambert or an holt.

Playing Done where he can do some damage and give him some help would be a belting start
Strikers and KH on 13:54 - Nov 20 with 6965 viewsChaffRAFC

Absolute nonsense. Watch his performances. While they may not have been brilliant, it's definitely not because he's not arsed. His work rate is fantastic.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Strikers and KH on 14:18 - Nov 20 with 6926 viewsdalenumber2

He ran his socks off on Saturday and seemed to be the only one 'arsed' in many respects. Pity he's not got the support of having other quality players around him at the moment. Just basic things like placing passes accurately looking up might help (Bunney is particularly guilty of this). After Saturday I felt more depressed than I have done since Coleman was in charge! Oh and why was Calvin out wide, any ideas?
Login to get fewer ads

Strikers and KH on 14:52 - Nov 20 with 6877 viewsrochdale_ranger

Strikers and KH on 14:18 - Nov 20 by dalenumber2

He ran his socks off on Saturday and seemed to be the only one 'arsed' in many respects. Pity he's not got the support of having other quality players around him at the moment. Just basic things like placing passes accurately looking up might help (Bunney is particularly guilty of this). After Saturday I felt more depressed than I have done since Coleman was in charge! Oh and why was Calvin out wide, any ideas?

See now I’d say Bunney has been our stand out man this season in terms of work rate and taking players on and getting the ball into the box. Which is an indictment of the rest of the team really.
Strikers and KH on 14:56 - Nov 20 with 6872 viewsD_Alien

Strikers and KH on 14:52 - Nov 20 by rochdale_ranger

See now I’d say Bunney has been our stand out man this season in terms of work rate and taking players on and getting the ball into the box. Which is an indictment of the rest of the team really.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Strikers and KH on 15:29 - Nov 20 with 6798 viewsParkinsGimp

Strikers and KH on 14:52 - Nov 20 by rochdale_ranger

Bunney !!!! are you serious, unfortunately he might be a nice lad but he is no defender and his crossing of late has been woeful.
As for Calvin Andrew, it wouldnt matter if that clown was centre forward he only scores when he wants and unfortunately thats not very often , take a look at his stats, oh and by the way he doesnt win that many headers or if he does they go straight to the opposition and he doesnt track back In essense sack him off !
Strikers and KH on 16:28 - Nov 20 with 6689 viewsValleySaddler

Criticising Done is ridiculous,not back at is best yet but the workrate is there and he knows how to find the back of the net.
Surely it is Davies who deserves criticism.Returning from preseason overweight,and still looking so in November.
Managing 10 mins because of fitness is down right embarrassing.
It’s also worth asking the question of why this is allowed.
Logan was overweight last season yet shed two stone pre season at Mansfield.
We have fitness and conditioning coaches don’t we??
Strikers and KH on 16:54 - Nov 20 with 6653 viewsD_Alien

Strikers and KH on 16:28 - Nov 20 by ValleySaddler

Criticising Done is ridiculous,not back at is best yet but the workrate is there and he knows how to find the back of the net.
Surely it is Davies who deserves criticism.Returning from preseason overweight,and still looking so in November.
Managing 10 mins because of fitness is down right embarrassing.
It’s also worth asking the question of why this is allowed.
Logan was overweight last season yet shed two stone pre season at Mansfield.
We have fitness and conditioning coaches don’t we??

It's perfectly obvious to anyone who's been watching Davies during his time at Dale that he's hampered by injury/injuries which prevent him from training at full capacity or playing for consistently long spells

To castigate him for not being fully fit under those circumstances is embarrassing. He's under contract, and he's being managed to try to get as much game time out of him as his body will allow

He'll suffer for that when his career is over

[Post edited 20 Nov 2017 16:57]

Strikers and KH on 17:25 - Nov 20 with 6588 viewsValleySaddler

Strikers and KH on 16:54 - Nov 20 by D_Alien

It's perfectly obvious to anyone who's been watching Davies during his time at Dale that he's hampered by injury/injuries which prevent him from training at full capacity or playing for consistently long spells

To castigate him for not being fully fit under those circumstances is embarrassing. He's under contract, and he's being managed to try to get as much game time out of him as his body will allow

He'll suffer for that when his career is over

[Post edited 20 Nov 2017 16:57]

I’m not castigating him for not being fully fit,I’m castigating him for how unfit he returned and how unfit he still is.
What is embarrassing is that this has been allowed to happen with a professional under contract.
I know all about his injuries and it’s fair to say that without them he wouldn’t be within a country mile of us.
I also agree that we need to manage him to get as much time out of him as possible.However returning from pre season so overweight is ridiculous.
Surely a basic fitness and dietary requirement should have been implemented and if it was it clearly wasn’t followed..
Strikers and KH on 17:33 - Nov 20 with 6563 viewsD_Alien

Strikers and KH on 17:25 - Nov 20 by ValleySaddler

I’m not castigating him for not being fully fit,I’m castigating him for how unfit he returned and how unfit he still is.
What is embarrassing is that this has been allowed to happen with a professional under contract.
I know all about his injuries and it’s fair to say that without them he wouldn’t be within a country mile of us.
I also agree that we need to manage him to get as much time out of him as possible.However returning from pre season so overweight is ridiculous.
Surely a basic fitness and dietary requirement should have been implemented and if it was it clearly wasn’t followed..

If you're not able to train much during the week, for reasons already stated and which you say you're fully aware of, he's not going to be fully fit, is he?

As for how "he returned" after the summer break, I strongly suspect he returned in the best condition his body and physique allowed him to under the circumstances. The guy obviously wants to play, as evidenced by his playing through the pain barrier at times

Your insistence that he's being unprofessional, or someone else within the club is being unprofessional for 'allowing it to happen' is unnecessary, ill-informed and unfair

Strikers and KH on 17:58 - Nov 20 with 6495 viewsValleySaddler

Strikers and KH on 17:33 - Nov 20 by D_Alien

If you're not able to train much during the week, for reasons already stated and which you say you're fully aware of, he's not going to be fully fit, is he?

As for how "he returned" after the summer break, I strongly suspect he returned in the best condition his body and physique allowed him to under the circumstances. The guy obviously wants to play, as evidenced by his playing through the pain barrier at times

Your insistence that he's being unprofessional, or someone else within the club is being unprofessional for 'allowing it to happen' is unnecessary, ill-informed and unfair

Ill informed and unfair?
I don’t think so I saw the player at Morecambe preseason and he was completely overweight.
In 2017 this is unbelievable.
It simply shouldn’t happen or be allowed to happen to a professional athlete..
Strikers and KH on 18:09 - Nov 20 with 6467 views442Dale

Matt Done has started three games as a central striker, the last three. He has scored in each game.

He illustrated during the last half season of his previous spell at the club that he has a natural instinct in and around the box. We ned only look at the variety of the three goals to see that:
Following in to finish off Inman's good work v Bristol Rovers.
Good control and sharp finish at Plymouth inside the box.
Reading the back header and finishing clinically at Boundary Park.

He can, has and will get goals played in that position. The bigger debate is whether we should change the formation to play someone alongside him centrally and who that may be.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Strikers and KH on 19:02 - Nov 20 with 6374 viewsfinberty

Strikers and KH on 17:33 - Nov 20 by D_Alien

Spot on, D Alien.

Saved me typing the same thing.
Strikers and KH on 19:43 - Nov 20 with 6287 viewsnordenblue

Strikers and KH on 18:09 - Nov 20 by 442Dale

Matt Done has started three games as a central striker, the last three. He has scored in each game.

He illustrated during the last half season of his previous spell at the club that he has a natural instinct in and around the box. We ned only look at the variety of the three goals to see that:
Following in to finish off Inman's good work v Bristol Rovers.
Good control and sharp finish at Plymouth inside the box.
Reading the back header and finishing clinically at Boundary Park.

He can, has and will get goals played in that position. The bigger debate is whether we should change the formation to play someone alongside him centrally and who that may be.

What about Davies(if fit) or here's a ridiculous idea... How about Hendo playing up front?
Strikers and KH on 19:59 - Nov 20 with 6250 viewsTVOS1907

Done is our leading league goalscorer this season with five goals. How does that equate to him not being arsed?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Strikers and KH on 20:49 - Nov 20 with 6181 viewsdingdangblue

Strikers and KH on 15:29 - Nov 20 by ParkinsGimp

Bunney !!!! are you serious, unfortunately he might be a nice lad but he is no defender and his crossing of late has been woeful.
As for Calvin Andrew, it wouldnt matter if that clown was centre forward he only scores when he wants and unfortunately thats not very often , take a look at his stats, oh and by the way he doesnt win that many headers or if he does they go straight to the opposition and he doesnt track back In essense sack him off !

Why do you feel the constant need to be abusive towards our own players?
We play Charlton away tomorrow night, I'm sure you can remember who made the only goal and who scored it when we won last season.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Strikers and KH on 21:38 - Nov 20 with 6110 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Strikers and KH on 14:18 - Nov 20 by dalenumber2

Hilly has long done this. O’Grady took up a similar position albeit on the left. When the ball went left Calvin took up a central position. When you play with a front three, you play with a central striker with the other two wide of him. Inman and Andrew were the wide, if you will, forwards.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2017 21:40]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Strikers and KH on 02:58 - Nov 21 with 5906 viewsmeeee

We’ve still got slew who’s a striker. Surely it must be worth starting him at charlton to see what he can do if he’s fit enough
Strikers and KH on 11:21 - Nov 21 with 5737 viewsBrierls

Strikers and KH on 02:58 - Nov 21 by meeee

We’ve still got slew who’s a striker. Surely it must be worth starting him at charlton to see what he can do if he’s fit enough

Alternatively play Andrew/Davies with Hendo and Done. Hendo and Done have caused so many issues for defenders when playing up front together.
Strikers and KH on 13:34 - Nov 21 with 5616 viewsgeraldo

Nobody seems to have picked up the main point of my post which is , do we trust KH's judgement when it comes to strikers - his track record is not a good one.
He seems loath to buy proven strikers ( eg Craig Davies) and instead seems to want to "convert" players into that role ( eg Hendo and Done) or buy from lower leagues ( Shaw and Williams 11) which fails more often than it works.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024