Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cigarettes 00:19 - Dec 31 with 7874 viewsLohengrin

The new love that dare not speak its name. I've copped nothing but grief from my mother and my daughters virtually non-stop for a week. The joy of the holidays.

Sheesh! You'd swear I was a serial killer!
[Post edited 31 Dec 2017 0:22]

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Cigarettes on 00:24 - Dec 31 with 3211 viewsWarwickHunt

Give it up. Think of the money you could spend on books and vinyl....
Cigarettes on 00:26 - Dec 31 with 3202 viewslifelong

One of my one regrets was ever starting smoking at a young age.
Cigarettes on 00:28 - Dec 31 with 3199 viewsexiledclaseboy

I’m expected to be giving it up at midnight tomorrow. It’s quite difficult to defy the wife on this after the year she’s had. Watch this space.

Poll: Tory leader

Cigarettes on 00:32 - Dec 31 with 3180 viewsLohengrin

Cigarettes on 00:24 - Dec 31 by WarwickHunt

Give it up. Think of the money you could spend on books and vinyl....

It's a toss-up now, after all these years mate, between lung capacity and shelf space.

" I suppose you started smoking because you though it was cool or 'hard' did you?" The wife said that the other night. I just rolled my eyes, the truth is the old boy next door started me off on Woodbines when I was in junior school as a reward for getting the coal in for him.

Cigarettes on 00:38 - Dec 31 with 3165 viewslifelong

Cigarettes on 00:32 - Dec 31 by Lohengrin

It's a toss-up now, after all these years mate, between lung capacity and shelf space.

" I suppose you started smoking because you though it was cool or 'hard' did you?" The wife said that the other night. I just rolled my eyes, the truth is the old boy next door started me off on Woodbines when I was in junior school as a reward for getting the coal in for him.

My father was a Woodbine smoker most of his life, watching him die of lung cancer in the early 70’s was the reason I gave it up.
Cigarettes on 00:39 - Dec 31 with 3157 viewsDarran

Cigarettes on 00:28 - Dec 31 by exiledclaseboy

I’m expected to be giving it up at midnight tomorrow. It’s quite difficult to defy the wife on this after the year she’s had. Watch this space.

Just fuçking do it.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Cigarettes on 00:41 - Dec 31 with 3154 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cigarettes on 00:39 - Dec 31 by Darran

Just fuçking do it.

I’ve got at least 120 in a drawer in the hall though.

Cigarettes on 00:42 - Dec 31 with 3147 viewsLohengrin

Cigarettes on 00:38 - Dec 31 by lifelong

My father was a Woodbine smoker most of his life, watching him die of lung cancer in the early 70’s was the reason I gave it up.

If I had a magic wand, mate, like most everybody else I would never have started in the first place. For the mad amount it costs now, if nothing else.

I do relish a draw mind, if I'm tired or after food. I do enjoy it , I have to admit.

Login to get fewer ads

Cigarettes on 00:43 - Dec 31 with 3145 viewsepaul

My big one to pack in this year. Done it 4 times before. Will go again after I've got rid of my 4 packets of baccy I have

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Cigarettes on 00:44 - Dec 31 with 3139 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cigarettes on 00:42 - Dec 31 by Lohengrin

If I had a magic wand, mate, like most everybody else I would never have started in the first place. For the mad amount it costs now, if nothing else.

I do relish a draw mind, if I'm tired or after food. I do enjoy it , I have to admit.

I empathise. A smoke with a beer is the most natural thing on the world to me.

Cigarettes on 00:46 - Dec 31 with 3131 viewsLohengrin

Cigarettes on 00:44 - Dec 31 by exiledclaseboy

I empathise. A smoke with a beer is the most natural thing on the world to me.

See, I'm doing exactly that right now. I opened the bottle and lit a fag on auto-pilot.

Cigarettes on 00:47 - Dec 31 with 3129 viewsrob

It's actually very easy to give up smoking. Once you decide to stop it's harder to start again and light up than it is to just defeat the craving.

The big problem is getting to the decision. Only the smoker will know the time to stop.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2017 0:49]
Cigarette on 00:52 - Dec 31 with 3108 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cigarettes on 00:46 - Dec 31 by Lohengrin

See, I'm doing exactly that right now. I opened the bottle and lit a fag on auto-pilot.

That’s pretty much what I’ve been doing since 1985.

Cigarette on 00:58 - Dec 31 with 3100 viewsLohengrin

Cigarette on 00:52 - Dec 31 by exiledclaseboy

That’s pretty much what I’ve been doing since 1985.

For me see '78.

Cigarettes on 01:01 - Dec 31 with 3092 viewsDanWelsh86

In all fairness it's a pointless thing to do.

Costs money, makes you ill, makes you stink.

There is nothing good about it.
Cigarettes on 11:42 - Dec 31 with 2920 viewsscottishjack

Cigarettes on 00:47 - Dec 31 by rob

It's actually very easy to give up smoking. Once you decide to stop it's harder to start again and light up than it is to just defeat the craving.

The big problem is getting to the decision. Only the smoker will know the time to stop.

Spot on... I’ve smoked for over 20 years, tried all sorts to knock it on the head with no joy.

Around 5 weeks ago, I was walking the dogs along the beach, slightly bunged up with a cold, lit a cigarette and had one of my usual coughing fits. I’m not sure why this one was any different from the others but I threw a tantrum with myself, along the lines of “what the f**k am I doing?”

I got home, made a nice coffee, decided I was going to have one last smoke, and somehow that was it? I realise that it’s only 5 weeks, but I haven’t smoked since. I don’t know what snapped in me, or how I’ve managed so far after trying several times before, but there we go, for whatever reason, I decided that enough was enough.
Cigarettes on 11:50 - Dec 31 with 2905 viewsN_T_J

I have 400 lambert and buttler for sale
Cigarettes on 11:51 - Dec 31 with 2905 viewsdickythorpe

As we get older our immune systems start slowing down. You may have breezed through your 20's and 30's but by Christ your body will eventually let you down.
You get all these trendies doing iron man events and training in their 40's when as a teen / young adult they did feck all. Your body isn't strong enough now to become an athlete!!!!

Anyway , I just think that if it makes you happy then it's your life.

You can promise yourself to get healthier/ fitter/ drink less etc etc but at the end of the day don't deprive yourself....it's a miserable existence doing that!! Plus don't do it cos the Jones's are doing it.
Be an individual not a sheep.
Cigarettes on 12:00 - Dec 31 with 2882 viewsN_T_J

I gave up smoking a good 10 years ago. I cant stand the smell of it now, it turns me.

I have noticed I see more women smoking cigarettes than men these days though.
Cigarettes on 12:04 - Dec 31 with 2869 viewslifelong

Cigarettes on 12:00 - Dec 31 by N_T_J

I gave up smoking a good 10 years ago. I cant stand the smell of it now, it turns me.

I have noticed I see more women smoking cigarettes than men these days though.

Indeed, not sure if there are any stats to back it up but you do see a lot of women smoking these days.
Cigarettes on 12:18 - Dec 31 with 2843 viewsN_T_J

Cigarettes on 12:04 - Dec 31 by lifelong

Indeed, not sure if there are any stats to back it up but you do see a lot of women smoking these days.

A lot of men tend to smoke these E-Cigs.
Cigarettes on 12:19 - Dec 31 with 2839 viewsGowerjack

Cigarettes on 00:47 - Dec 31 by rob

That's pretty much my experience as well.

I smoked for 20 odd years and just stopped at Easter 2006.

Now drink that's a different story....

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Cigarettes on 12:31 - Dec 31 with 2820 viewsJack_Meoff

Check out the book 'The Easy Way to Give Up Smoking' by Allen Carr (Not the alleged comedian).

Worked for me about sixteen years ago, the thought of smoking these days makes me nauseous. It's only a slim book, and I wouldn't recommend it if it didn't work. Completely changes your mindset about smoking.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Cigarettes on 12:42 - Dec 31 with 2808 viewsdameedna

My grandparents ran The Morning Star pub in its hey day and Nan died of passive lung cancer at age 52. My parents gave up quickly after that. Sharp shock to the system works well. Find another habit.
Cigarettes on 13:04 - Dec 31 with 2780 viewsHighjack

As a non smoker I often find myself sitting alone in pubs whilst all my companions all go off to have a fag outside together, leaving me to look after their stuff.

Smokers also seem to get extra break time in work by just 'popping for a fag' then coming back 20 minutes later 5 times a day.

It's not all glamour being a non smoker.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024