Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Oli McBurnie now eligible to play for us tonight? 13:56 - May 8 with 2337 viewsTimBowen

I haven't seen this question/discussion mentioned recently, I apologise if it has, but with Barnsley's season over, has Oli been returned to us yet?

Or does the 'half season' loan, mean he's still contracted to Barnsley, in case they had been involved in Play-Off matches? Yes I realise Barnsley have ben relegated and so, will not appear in any Play-Off matches, but does his loan contract disqualify him from appearing for us tonight...or Sunday against Stoke?
[Post edited 8 May 2018 13:57]
Is Oli McBurnie now eligible to play for us tonight? on 14:30 - May 8 with 2252 viewsTimBowen

With over eighty views and no replies to this question to date, it invokes other questions...

Does anyone know the rules on loan returnees? Or, with no replies so far, does it imply posters don't care whether Oli is eligible to add his goal scoring capabilities to the bench tonight and Sunday?
Is Oli McBurnie now eligible to play for us tonight? on 14:58 - May 8 with 2166 viewsJackfath

Or does it mean people answered it here?

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/223073/oli-mcburnie/#11

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Is Oli McBurnie now eligible to play for us tonight? on 15:05 - May 8 with 2133 viewsLeonWasGod

Dunno. He's our player, so I suspect we could use him if we want to, but none of the pre-match reports seem to have picked up on it. If a player returns to their parent club early, there's nothing stopping them playing as long as they are registered, so don't see why this should be any different unless there's something in the loan contract - but we won't know if there is.

If he is eligible, it's an absolute no-brainer to have him on the bench at the very least.
Is Oli McBurnie now eligible to play for us tonight? on 15:15 - May 8 with 2100 viewsTimBowen

Is Oli McBurnie now eligible to play for us tonight? on 14:58 - May 8 by Jackfath

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/223073/oli-mcburnie/#11

Thanks for that JF. As I said I wasn't sure if this question had been raised previously?

Based on other information I've received it does appear he's contracted until the end of May. But if we want him to be a contender for a place on the bench, surely an agreement could be struck, as it makes no sense for Barnsley to retain his services now?
Is Oli McBurnie now eligible to play for us tonight? on 15:18 - May 8 with 2088 viewsLeonWasGod

Is Oli McBurnie now eligible to play for us tonight? on 14:58 - May 8 by Jackfath

Or not, as the case may be. But seems he might be on holiday . That's a bit bizarre if he could have been allowed to get involved. And pretty much unbelievable that his parent club has two of it's biggest games of the last 7 years coming up and he can't be fecked to stay around to support. Although we did pack him off to Barnsley, so I wouldn't blame him!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024