Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lost emails (help required) 14:00 - Jul 9 with 1296 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Just found out I have lost all my emails from my inbox for the second time in 4 months
They are not in my webmail account either
I would have thought they should have a backup of the emails?

I have contacted my internet provider and unfortunately they have form for this sort of thing
No joy so far.

Anyway just wondering if anyone has had this happen to them and were they able to get their emails back or what you may have done (I'm thinking Ombudsman)

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks,

James
Lost emails (help required) on 17:00 - Jul 9 with 1204 viewsLythamR

It depends on the service provider, most would have an archive that could be retrieved but if it wasn't a failure on their part then there is normally a charge to retrieve the archive

its does vary depending on the service provider

The onus really is on you as the user to back up your email regularly from your device, if you are using pop3 then your settings could be deleting mail from server/webmail as they are downloaded. if you are using imap then they should synch with your devices but again this depends on the settings in the app.programme account settings
Lost emails (help required) on 19:24 - Jul 9 with 1121 viewssouthernR

Had this happen with a tiscali (talk talk) Email just recently

Constants chasing and failed return calls eventually led to them 'fixing' the issue and all my emails reappeared.

Fingers crossed
Lost emails (help required) on 23:14 - Jul 9 with 1026 viewsAshdown_Ranger

James, your ISP will have a complete backup of all your emails.

I’ve been in the same situation, and a polite request to reinstate them worked fine.
Lost emails (help required) on 09:06 - Jul 10 with 908 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Thanks everyone
Fingers crossed
It has been annoying hopefully will get them reinstated
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024