Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Very Interesting Post Match... 13:14 - Nov 11 with 1658 viewsCleedale

...interviews with Hilly.

Talks extremely highly of the youth set-up and obviously Adshead but also mentions Matheson and that he too could play in the Prem. I personally thought that all of the youth playing on Wednesday were a massive credit to our club with Hoti, Yonsian & Hamzat all contibuting - not forgeting the later sub. Hopper who I thought was exceptional. At the same time being backed up by great pros. like Calvin, Clough and Alby.

Easy to forget the youngsters ages - bridging that gap to full-time senior perhaps being the make or break as with all in pro. sport.

Keith also mentions the goalkeeping situation and how it's causing him lost sleep and how we've just let far too many daft goals in through errors; have to agree there.

Other stuff that was of note - how we suddenly went long-ball 2nd half which was exactly what he hadn't asked for! (Is this why he can get niggled with supporter's comments when it's just a case of 'the players have crossed that white line'.

Strange reference to bury fans he meets/talks to and their love? of being in a winning L2 team. Compared that to what they're doing at Dale but that he'd much prefer the opportunities that exist being in L1. Know what he was implying as that first promotion with Dale had us well clear at the top for a long, long time and if we're all honest following the Dale then when it seemed you might win every game; well, it's at least fun!

Opinions?
Very Interesting Post Match... on 13:34 - Nov 11 with 1608 viewsBartRowou

I like Lillis so am a bit biased but please can someone point out what his errors were leading up to the Tuesday night match (can't remember who it was against) when the Fulham keeper (forget his name) was picked ahead of him? Lillis played after that and probably should have done better with one at Blackpool and another one at home (forget the opposition) but by then his head had probably gone due to being dropped in the first place and having no confidence in himself or his manager.

Basically, Keith, you'll get more sleep if you stop trying to fix a problem that isn't there and actually fix one that is, to wit, playing a 100-goal striker in midfield instead of up front where we have a hard-working, 100%-giving misfit who reminds me of a dog chasing a crisp packet.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Very Interesting Post Match... on 14:48 - Nov 11 with 1496 viewsdingdangblue

Very Interesting Post Match... on 13:34 - Nov 11 by BartRowou

I like Lillis so am a bit biased but please can someone point out what his errors were leading up to the Tuesday night match (can't remember who it was against) when the Fulham keeper (forget his name) was picked ahead of him? Lillis played after that and probably should have done better with one at Blackpool and another one at home (forget the opposition) but by then his head had probably gone due to being dropped in the first place and having no confidence in himself or his manager.

Basically, Keith, you'll get more sleep if you stop trying to fix a problem that isn't there and actually fix one that is, to wit, playing a 100-goal striker in midfield instead of up front where we have a hard-working, 100%-giving misfit who reminds me of a dog chasing a crisp packet.

Lillis was dropped after the Doncaster 2-3 home game. He should do better with the 1st goal instead of palming it in, the 2nd goal obviously Keith thinks he should be claiming a corner in his 6 yard box? The 3rd goal was a superb cross and really can't blame him for that one. The thing is Henderson in the same game misses 3 open goals - wouldn't you class those as 'mistakes' ? Henderson didn't find himself dropped? Last season against Bradford - Lillis dropped the ball and cost us 2 points and at the time we all thought we were going down - I don't remember him being dropped for it? He played the final games and kept a clean sheet v Charlton on the final day. Over the long term Lillis has proven to be a very good keeper for us - it's staggering he's found himself out of the team again.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Very Interesting Post Match... on 14:59 - Nov 11 with 1468 viewsBartRowou

Very Interesting Post Match... on 14:48 - Nov 11 by dingdangblue

Lillis was dropped after the Doncaster 2-3 home game. He should do better with the 1st goal instead of palming it in, the 2nd goal obviously Keith thinks he should be claiming a corner in his 6 yard box? The 3rd goal was a superb cross and really can't blame him for that one. The thing is Henderson in the same game misses 3 open goals - wouldn't you class those as 'mistakes' ? Henderson didn't find himself dropped? Last season against Bradford - Lillis dropped the ball and cost us 2 points and at the time we all thought we were going down - I don't remember him being dropped for it? He played the final games and kept a clean sheet v Charlton on the final day. Over the long term Lillis has proven to be a very good keeper for us - it's staggering he's found himself out of the team again.

He was dropped after the Portsmouth match; he was brought back in because his replacement got sent off.

If you're a brickie and you get put on hod-carrying, you're probably going to doubt yourself.
If you're a brain-surgeon and get put in triage, you're going to doubt yourself.
If you're a class teacher and get put on supply-cover duties, you're going to question your ability (but be secretly pleased that you're not data-accountable).

I was behind the first Donny goal and the one at Blackpool and you could see the confidence evaporate from his wrists, mid-save.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024