Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What was your first ever Rochdale game? 18:16 - Nov 28 with 8363 viewsmeeee

I'm fed up of reading about that dreadful display last night so I was wondering what was the first dale game you ever attended?
Mine was the 8th of November 2003 against Bury in the FA Cup, we came out as 2-1 winners with Leo Bertos scoring the first and Super Kevin Townsend bagging the crucial second
What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 18:24 - Nov 28 with 6681 viewsseasidedale

Mansfield town h 2-1 24th november 1969 jenkins and buck scored
What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 18:30 - Nov 28 with 6666 viewsJames1980

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/8897911.stm Brighton v Dale at The Withdean 2-2
Sat in the home stand jumped up when the equaliser went in though

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 18:46 - Nov 28 with 6647 viewsD_Alien

Dale v Wrexham, around Christmas 1965, 6-0

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 18:52 - Nov 28 with 6631 viewsmingthemerciless

I pick my games. The League Cup Semi Final against Blackburn Rovers in 1962.
What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 19:05 - Nov 28 with 6597 views442Dale

Mansfield at home, April 1982.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 19:08 - Nov 28 with 6595 viewsrafc1984

September 84 home to Wrexham lost 0-2

Free ticket from Matthew moss, been a proud Daley ever since.
What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 19:09 - Nov 28 with 6591 viewschalky_ncfc

I've only been to Spotland twice,first time we won 0-3 with Glynn Hurst scoring a hat trick and then Notts scoring in the 95th minute to draw 2-2,I seem to remember that there was some of your lads waiting outside the ground to discuss it with us afterwards

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 19:15 - Nov 28 with 6580 viewsLaveritty

At home to Leeds United - 1977 League Cup 2nd round. Lost 3-0 and it only took 37 years to
get revenge but it was certainly worth the wait!

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

Login to get fewer ads

What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 19:18 - Nov 28 with 6575 viewsSandyman

23rd August 1969. Dale 3 buckets 3. Watched it standing on what was know as, erm, The Hill
What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 19:21 - Nov 28 with 6569 viewsFred_Talbot

14/03/1980
Dale 0 York City 2

Where's Fred?

What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 19:25 - Nov 28 with 6549 viewsTVOS1907

11/12/82

Dale 0 Wimbledon 2

It was crap but I couldn't wait to go back against Aldershot the following Saturday.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 19:46 - Nov 28 with 6480 viewsHuddersdale1

Dale 1 Barnsley 1 in the 1966/7 season, I think:-the World Cup that summer had got me into football, so I pestered my Dad to take me to a game.

Some fighting outside the ground after the game I recall.
What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 19:46 - Nov 28 with 6479 viewsBartRowou

Home v Tongue 1907. Think it was 2-2.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 19:52 - Nov 28 with 6467 viewsfitzochris

It was 1988 and I’m sure it was a win against Exeter. I seem to remember my dad saying we’d played a load of games against Burnley prior to it.

We won the next few home games I attended after that, too. Little did I know what was in store after that.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 19:58 - Nov 28 with 6454 viewsChaffRAFC

New Years Day 1992, was a 1-1 draw, always thought it was Darlington we played but having looked it up, it wasn't, it was Walsall.

No memories of it whatsoever.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 20:02 - Nov 28 with 6444 viewsfinberty

Dale v Wrexham early i the 85/86 season, Steve Taylor's golden season. Frank Gamble for the winner after some shenanigans with the Wrexham keeper, causing their manager to run onto the pitch to protest.
Dale went top of Div 4 that day and I was hooked.

TVOS will correct me but if I'm guessing:
Redfern, Johnson, Grant, McMahon, Cooke, Hicks, Thompson, Taylor, Moore, Seasman, Gamble.
What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 20:28 - Nov 28 with 6401 viewsTVOS1907

What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 19:58 - Nov 28 by ChaffRAFC

New Years Day 1992, was a 1-1 draw, always thought it was Darlington we played but having looked it up, it wasn't, it was Walsall.

No memories of it whatsoever.

I have.

We were 1-0 down, then missed a penalty five minutes from time. Fortunately, the referee ordered a re-take and Flounders scored this time.

What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 20:31 - Nov 28 with 6389 views442Dale

What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 20:28 - Nov 28 by TVOS1907

I have.

We were 1-0 down, then missed a penalty five minutes from time. Fortunately, the referee ordered a re-take and Flounders scored this time.

I remember that better than recent home games.

What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 20:34 - Nov 28 with 6380 viewsTVOS1907

What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 20:02 - Nov 28 by finberty

Dale v Wrexham early i the 85/86 season, Steve Taylor's golden season. Frank Gamble for the winner after some shenanigans with the Wrexham keeper, causing their manager to run onto the pitch to protest.
Dale went top of Div 4 that day and I was hooked.

TVOS will correct me but if I'm guessing:
Redfern, Johnson, Grant, McMahon, Cooke, Hicks, Thompson, Taylor, Moore, Seasman, Gamble.

Since you've asked...

We went tenth after that game! We had been top on 7th September after beating Peterborough 2-1, but had slipped to mid-table by the end of October.

It was one of the most bizarre games ever. Gamble's winner shouldn't have been allowed as he punched the ball out of the keeper's hands, but refs weren't cheats against Dale in those days like they are now.

The winner caused Wrexham's manager to kick over our trainer's bucket (a bit like Mourinho last night), but in his defence he returned with a new one the following season.

Steve Taylor scored two penalties; one went through a hole in the net and was initially disallowed, before said hole was pointed out.

Wrexham also scored a penalty and their second was an own goal by Paul Heaton!

Dale were 1-0 up, 2-1 down and then 3-2 up. Gamble's winner came in the 72nd minute.

10/11 for your team. Paul Heaton played instead of Ian Johnson. Barry Diamond also came on as sub for Thommo.

What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 20:36 - Nov 28 with 6372 views442Dale

What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 20:34 - Nov 28 by TVOS1907

Since you've asked...

We went tenth after that game! We had been top on 7th September after beating Peterborough 2-1, but had slipped to mid-table by the end of October.

It was one of the most bizarre games ever. Gamble's winner shouldn't have been allowed as he punched the ball out of the keeper's hands, but refs weren't cheats against Dale in those days like they are now.

The winner caused Wrexham's manager to kick over our trainer's bucket (a bit like Mourinho last night), but in his defence he returned with a new one the following season.

Steve Taylor scored two penalties; one went through a hole in the net and was initially disallowed, before said hole was pointed out.

Dale were 1-0 up, 2-1 down and then 3-2 up. Gamble's winner came in the 72nd minute.

10/11 for your team. Paul Heaton played instead of Ian Johnson. Barry Diamond also came on as sub for Thommo.

Wonderful times.

What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 20:40 - Nov 28 with 6363 viewsDaleiLama

Since you've asked...

"but refs weren't cheats against Dale in those days like they are now"

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 20:51 - Nov 28 with 6349 viewsfinberty

Since you've asked...

Thanks TVOS.
More evidence of failing mems by mixing up games again.
I remember racing home in time for Des Lynam to comment on a little club like Dale being top, so my first was obviously Peterborough, but my first memorable one was Wrexham for the reasons you mentioned.

Happy with 10/11. Odd that I would be unable to do that for any game this season...
What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 20:58 - Nov 28 with 6329 viewsTVOS1907

What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 20:51 - Nov 28 by finberty

Thanks TVOS.
More evidence of failing mems by mixing up games again.
I remember racing home in time for Des Lynam to comment on a little club like Dale being top, so my first was obviously Peterborough, but my first memorable one was Wrexham for the reasons you mentioned.

Happy with 10/11. Odd that I would be unable to do that for any game this season...

Gamble scored twice against Posh, but his keeper shenanigans were v Wrexham.

What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 21:05 - Nov 28 with 6312 viewsdownunder

First 2 games for me were Bradford Park Ave, 1969 Home. 6-0. and Bradford City Home 6-0.
Average goals for and against has changed a bit since then.
What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 21:06 - Nov 28 with 6302 viewsTVOS1907

What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 18:46 - Nov 28 by D_Alien

Dale v Wrexham, around Christmas 1965, 6-0

So, basically, you were a bandwagon jumper?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024