Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fury v Wilder 20:50 - Nov 29 with 3733 viewssainthelens

Any thoughts on the fight guys?
Got to admit never liked Fury, but am warming to him. Joshua v the winner be some night. I think Tyson may just pull this off.
Fury v Wilder on 14:25 - Dec 2 with 1075 viewsjackrmee

Fury v Wilder on 14:00 - Dec 2 by theloneranger

Wilder said after the fight, any rematch will not be his next fight.

He said it "may" not be.
I think Fury could do with another fight beforehand anyway.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Fury v Wilder on 18:40 - Dec 2 with 991 viewsperplex

Fury v Wilder on 09:36 - Dec 2 by bluey_the_blue

He was out of it. I've seen fights stopped for a lot less.

American networks desperate to keep title on an American after the Klitschko reign - Wilder has fought bums his entire career. Fight should've been stopped against Ortiz, Fury clear winner last night - those being the only two names he's fought.

It's pretty clear he's been the one ducking Joshua.

We'll see Wilder - Fury 2 again I guess, meaning it'll be Joshua - Whyte which won't be a bad fight in itself.

Right let's try to educate you a little here, Wilder put Ortiz away after being badly rocked himself, great refereeing most would say, now do you think the ref should have stopped the fight when Fury was actually flat on his back and out of it in the 12 against Wilder, again great powers of recovery shown by Fury just as Wilder did against Ortiz, as for Wilder ducking Joshua you are yet another mug being taken in by the Hearn propaganda machine, simply put they know the Wilder fight is a case of whoever lands cleanly first wins, Hearn knows this a very risky fight for both men so the reason Hearn will not make the fight is actually good promoting as Joshua is making 5 mill a fight fighting 40 year old men or non punchers, and getting away with it due to a very gullable fan base, sorry about the length of the post but it's needed to try and give a logical point to the casual fan which is the catogary you fall in.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2018 18:43]
Fury v Wilder on 18:59 - Dec 2 with 974 viewswaynekerr55

Fury v Wilder on 18:40 - Dec 2 by perplex

Right let's try to educate you a little here, Wilder put Ortiz away after being badly rocked himself, great refereeing most would say, now do you think the ref should have stopped the fight when Fury was actually flat on his back and out of it in the 12 against Wilder, again great powers of recovery shown by Fury just as Wilder did against Ortiz, as for Wilder ducking Joshua you are yet another mug being taken in by the Hearn propaganda machine, simply put they know the Wilder fight is a case of whoever lands cleanly first wins, Hearn knows this a very risky fight for both men so the reason Hearn will not make the fight is actually good promoting as Joshua is making 5 mill a fight fighting 40 year old men or non punchers, and getting away with it due to a very gullable fan base, sorry about the length of the post but it's needed to try and give a logical point to the casual fan which is the catogary you fall in.

Agreed Perp. Joshua is very immobile and we saw how deep Whyte and Klitschko took him; I'd go as far as to say had Klitschko had Manny Steward (RIP) in his corner he'd have finished him

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Fury v Wilder on 11:44 - Dec 3 with 833 viewsswanjackal

Fury v Wilder on 18:40 - Dec 2 by perplex

Pretty much agree with most of that. I would also argue that Wilder is deceptively quick with his hands too, and with his awkward style puts a lot of boxers off their game when he pushes down on the blocking arm with his jab setting up the massive hook to the side/back of the head (Hitman Hearns style). Fury is a freak of nature for the speed he has for his size, especially for evasion, and even he got tagged a few times by massive punches due to the wild style.

Wilder is not a classical boxer, but he is a brawler that has certain techniques, extreme power and lightning quick hands. If he fought Joshua I have no doubt he would be able to get off far more shots than he did to Fury due to the static nature of Joshua. And as seen in a lot of his fights, Joshua can be rocked, and I cannot see him surviving a big bomb from Wilder.

Fury is the best boxer of all the three, and was a travesty that he didn't win on weekend. I want to see a rematch no doubt. Would like to see Joshua take on Ortiz with Wilder and Fury going again, and if Joshua can survive Ortiz, take on the winner of the Wilder v Fury fight. Then again, I doubt Joshua will face any of the three any time soon, and probably take on someone like Charr or Bryan.

The fight I'd like to see though is Jarrell Miller v Whyte . That would be a fun fight
[Post edited 3 Dec 2018 11:48]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Fury v Wilder on 14:10 - Dec 3 with 785 viewsUxbridge

Attacking Joshua for his last 4 fights seems a very strange stick to beat him with. One was a mandatory, one was for a new title and one was Wlad. The other one was a late replacement as I recall? It's been a decent run for a new champion.

As for Saturday's fight, it was a robbery based on the scoring system. Fury clearly won the boxing in pretty much every round. The scoring system almost makes a 10-8 mandatory if someone is knocked down, but actually it's not mandatory and if you're looking at the action in the 12th, remarkably Fury was the one connecting with the cleaner shots if you take the knockdown aside. If you were being kind, the Phil Edwards card was as far as you could have gone for Wilder. The Mexican card was an outrage.

Probably more questions than answers though. Wilder looked a shambles but then he always does. Did he knock Fury down because he's that concussive or was Fury weakened by losing 10 (?!) stone in a year. Was that Fury at his best, or will he get better when his camp actually concentrates on boxing rather than weight loss? A rematch needs to happen really. Joshua can wait. He would anyway I expect. Him vs the winner of Chisora/Whyte would be fun to watch anyway.

As for who's better, Wilder can beat anyone if he catches them properly. So does Joshua. Joshua has the most chances though as he's a mile better. Joshua vs Fury is the interesting one. I tend to think Joshua would have a bit too much though, but it'd be his hardest possible fight.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Fury v Wilder on 14:54 - Dec 3 with 773 viewstrinityann

Fury v Wilder on 14:10 - Dec 3 by Uxbridge

Attacking Joshua for his last 4 fights seems a very strange stick to beat him with. One was a mandatory, one was for a new title and one was Wlad. The other one was a late replacement as I recall? It's been a decent run for a new champion.

As for Saturday's fight, it was a robbery based on the scoring system. Fury clearly won the boxing in pretty much every round. The scoring system almost makes a 10-8 mandatory if someone is knocked down, but actually it's not mandatory and if you're looking at the action in the 12th, remarkably Fury was the one connecting with the cleaner shots if you take the knockdown aside. If you were being kind, the Phil Edwards card was as far as you could have gone for Wilder. The Mexican card was an outrage.

Probably more questions than answers though. Wilder looked a shambles but then he always does. Did he knock Fury down because he's that concussive or was Fury weakened by losing 10 (?!) stone in a year. Was that Fury at his best, or will he get better when his camp actually concentrates on boxing rather than weight loss? A rematch needs to happen really. Joshua can wait. He would anyway I expect. Him vs the winner of Chisora/Whyte would be fun to watch anyway.

As for who's better, Wilder can beat anyone if he catches them properly. So does Joshua. Joshua has the most chances though as he's a mile better. Joshua vs Fury is the interesting one. I tend to think Joshua would have a bit too much though, but it'd be his hardest possible fight.

Wilder vs Joshua has to be next fight, but it won't happen because Mr Hearn is trying to protect his chinny cash cow. The public want to see Fury/Wilder next not Dillon Whyte or any relative unknown. Hopefully the chicken call out by Fury will motivate Joshua.
Fury v Wilder on 15:12 - Dec 3 with 760 viewssainthelens

I'm struggling to see why nobody thinks Fury/AJ has got to be the next big one. The world knows Fury beat Wilder, for him and AJ to fill Wembley and then the winner take on Wilder gotta be way forward....shirley?
Fury v Wilder on 16:41 - Dec 3 with 717 viewstrampie

People in boxing including fans don't know how to score a fight, people should score even rounds even eg 10-10, there would not be half the controversies that boxing has if they did that on a regular basis.

I got in the habit of having two scorecards if watching a fight, mine [the way they should score] and a judges card the way I think the judges would score it.

A draw the way judges score fights in this bout was no surprise, two knockdown 10-8 rounds, with some of the rounds close, it meant Fury winning 7 of the 10 non knockdown rounds for it to be a draw, pretty stand in this case.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Login to get fewer ads

Fury v Wilder on 17:38 - Dec 3 with 693 viewsLohengrin

Fury v Wilder on 15:12 - Dec 3 by sainthelens

I'm struggling to see why nobody thinks Fury/AJ has got to be the next big one. The world knows Fury beat Wilder, for him and AJ to fill Wembley and then the winner take on Wilder gotta be way forward....shirley?

I doubt Joshua’s people want him anywhere near either of them.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Fury v Wilder on 17:47 - Dec 3 with 686 viewswaynekerr55

Fury v Wilder on 17:38 - Dec 3 by Lohengrin

I doubt Joshua’s people want him anywhere near either of them.

This, he's probably more likely to take Wilder as he'll e more likely to tag Wilder than Fury. He's too immobile and Fury would dance rings around him

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024