Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unity 17:15 - Jan 1 with 15345 viewsRAFCBLUE

Unity is what is called for now.

We are in such a better place than 12 months ago in terms of league position and there is no reason why the relevant points needed to get to 50 can't be obtained in the remaining league games.

P26 W8 D6 L12 F33 A52 Points 30.

I think everyone can see what adjustment is needed to stop that goals against figure changing.

I still don't think we are a bottom four team and it will be interesting to see the reactions/overreactions to a Christmas period which saw us pick up 6 points from 12!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Unity on 17:20 - Jan 1 with 5072 views442Dale

That unity needs to be prompted by those at Spotland.

Let’s see what they do.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Unity on 17:20 - Jan 1 with 5066 viewsrochdale_ranger

If the attitude of the manager or the club was the same I would go with that but it isn’t.
Unity on 17:20 - Jan 1 with 5064 viewsrichfoad32

What adjustment is needed? The defending set pieces that has been evident for at least 18 months?
Unity on 17:20 - Jan 1 with 5062 viewsJimmyRustler

There are plenty of reasons as to why we may not get to 50 points and none of them have been addressed for the last 18 months or so...that is the underlying issue
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 17:22]
Unity on 17:22 - Jan 1 with 4998 viewsrochdaleriddler

Everyone can’t see what needs changing, least of all Hill. Scunny , plymouth and Bradford improving , and we have the worst defence in the league. Let’s unify around getting shut of Hill

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Unity on 17:24 - Jan 1 with 4963 viewsDalenet

I agree we need Unity. We all need to back the Board's decision to appoint a new man and give him some freedom to use the transfer window as he needs it.

We can all see what needs to be done - well apart from Sir Keith that is

I don't hate him or despise him. I think it is all very sad to be honest. But I cant keep paying £200 to get to Spotland each game and go home feeling as bad as I have done over the past 18 months

Thanks for the memories Keith. Good luck
Unity on 17:24 - Jan 1 with 4961 viewsMasher

In fairness one of the games 2 wins over Christmas was played mostly against 10 men at home. Do we have to play against 10 men every game to stand any chance of getting 3 points!! Apart from the 3 nil win against Gillingham we haven't really looked that convincing apart from when we have been beaten and the defeats this season have been very convincing. Last season i didn't think we looked like a bottom four team but this time we do despite being very slightly better off points wise this season.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 17:25]

Up The Dale!!

Unity on 17:27 - Jan 1 with 4877 viewsD_Alien

Unity on 17:20 - Jan 1 by JimmyRustler

There are plenty of reasons as to why we may not get to 50 points and none of them have been addressed for the last 18 months or so...that is the underlying issue
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 17:22]

Every single point has to be fought for, so yes, there's no reason that any team should get 50pts as of right

One of Hill's own mantras was "we have to earn the right to play" - which he seems to have forgotten

The clubs who've been staring up the table from the bottom four have had their kick in the pants by now and at least two of them are making serious moves out of the zone. We're the ones in the firing line. I'd give him one more game to demonstrate he's still got the ability to motivate the players - the ability to earn the right to play

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Unity on 17:31 - Jan 1 with 4816 viewsRAFCBLUE

Unity on 17:20 - Jan 1 by 442Dale

That unity needs to be prompted by those at Spotland.

Let’s see what they do.

Why? Can't supporters promote unity themselves?

I've never seen so many extreme reactions to us playing in League 1.

There are 20 games to go; 60 points to play for.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Unity on 17:32 - Jan 1 with 4796 viewsJimmyRustler

Unity on 17:27 - Jan 1 by D_Alien

Every single point has to be fought for, so yes, there's no reason that any team should get 50pts as of right

One of Hill's own mantras was "we have to earn the right to play" - which he seems to have forgotten

The clubs who've been staring up the table from the bottom four have had their kick in the pants by now and at least two of them are making serious moves out of the zone. We're the ones in the firing line. I'd give him one more game to demonstrate he's still got the ability to motivate the players - the ability to earn the right to play

The only way that things can change is if Hill swallows his pride and even then, that might not be enough. Our defending from set pieces is so bad that it means we need to score at least two goals to win a game at present....problem is that we can't score and certainly can't rectify the problems at the back in 4 days (we haven't been able to achieve that in around 2 years!) Unless Burton are woefully bad or we get lucky, I can't see anything coming from Saturday
Unity on 17:39 - Jan 1 with 4712 viewsRAFCBLUE

Unity on 17:24 - Jan 1 by Masher

In fairness one of the games 2 wins over Christmas was played mostly against 10 men at home. Do we have to play against 10 men every game to stand any chance of getting 3 points!! Apart from the 3 nil win against Gillingham we haven't really looked that convincing apart from when we have been beaten and the defeats this season have been very convincing. Last season i didn't think we looked like a bottom four team but this time we do despite being very slightly better off points wise this season.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 17:25]

Last season it took us until 21st February to get to 26 points. Or game 29.

The last 17 games of that run last season was W6 D7 L4.

That was the manager addressing the failings as he saw them with broadly this set of players.

Who says that won't happen now? No one can!

Unity on 17:42 - Jan 1 with 4655 viewsMoonyDale

Unity on 17:39 - Jan 1 by RAFCBLUE

That was the manager addressing the failings as he saw them with broadly this set of players.

But are you saying it will happen? Because the signs are not good and we can only go by what we see....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Unity on 17:44 - Jan 1 with 4622 viewsTomRAFC

Unity behind what exactly? If someone in any form of competition came along and said "I want to win, will you support my campaign?" you'd ask for specifics, rather than give a blind yes.

So what are the specifics? I don't see any clear tactics or passion. I also don't see a clear plan/sense of direction towards what has worked before.

If you are saying we should suddenly have a mass uproar of support for things to continue the way they are now, then I'm afraid I disagree.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Unity on 17:48 - Jan 1 with 4572 viewsfitzochris

When you say it's gonna happen "now"
Well when exactly do you mean?
See I've already waited too long
And all my hope is gone

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Unity on 17:52 - Jan 1 with 4521 viewsJimmyRustler

That's just apologist bollocks I'm afraid.

I don't give a shite about last season. Barring the final day, it was another disaster and nothing has changed/been done to rectify the glaringly obvious f*ck ups. KH is literally surviving on credit alone now - any other manager in his position at this club would have been shown the door a long time ago and I'm not just talking in terms of results either
Unity on 18:04 - Jan 1 with 4437 viewsfrenzied

Burton at home on sat ..then we both get to play Man City...lets hope Burton have one eye on the City game...
Unity on 18:16 - Jan 1 with 4340 viewsRodingdale

Unity on 17:48 - Jan 1 by fitzochris

When you say it's gonna happen "now"
Well when exactly do you mean?
See I've already waited too long
And all my hope is gone

How soon is now?
Unity on 18:28 - Jan 1 with 4258 viewsRAFCBLUE

Unity on 17:44 - Jan 1 by TomRAFC

Unity behind what exactly? If someone in any form of competition came along and said "I want to win, will you support my campaign?" you'd ask for specifics, rather than give a blind yes.

So what are the specifics? I don't see any clear tactics or passion. I also don't see a clear plan/sense of direction towards what has worked before.

If you are saying we should suddenly have a mass uproar of support for things to continue the way they are now, then I'm afraid I disagree.

The club.

Chairmen, directors, managers and players come and go.

The club will always be here providing there are people to unite behind it.

Unity on 18:33 - Jan 1 with 4217 viewsRAFCBLUE

Unity on 17:42 - Jan 1 by MoonyDale

But are you saying it will happen? Because the signs are not good and we can only go by what we see....

Based "on current form" - yes.

Points per game this season so far - 1.15.

Expected points haul from the last 20 games - 23.

We've achieved 7 points from the last 6 games so running just above that average.

Expected end of season points from here - 53 and safety.

Unity on 18:33 - Jan 1 with 4214 viewsrochdale_ranger

Unity on 18:28 - Jan 1 by RAFCBLUE

The club.

Chairmen, directors, managers and players come and go.

The club will always be here providing there are people to unite behind it.

We all might disagree on issues on here but fundamentally as supporters we all want the best for the club. That isn’t in doubt. If their was something we could unify around or a sign of a bit of change or the fact that the team are learning from mistakes etc that would be good but there isn’t any if that. It’s the same week in week out.
Unity on 18:35 - Jan 1 with 4186 viewskiwidale

I'm saying it wont happen now you can thank me later.

This is not the time for bickering.

Unity on 18:40 - Jan 1 with 4157 viewsRAFCBLUE

Unity on 18:33 - Jan 1 by rochdale_ranger

We all might disagree on issues on here but fundamentally as supporters we all want the best for the club. That isn’t in doubt. If their was something we could unify around or a sign of a bit of change or the fact that the team are learning from mistakes etc that would be good but there isn’t any if that. It’s the same week in week out.

Unify around:

1) Getting another 20 points as quickly as possible. That means another season in League 1
2) The new Chairman, Chief Executive and Directors. They haven't come here to undo the work of Chris Dunphy and that board and in the same way that Dunphy didn't come into undo the work of David Kilpatrick.
3) The fact that there is no glory around supporting Rochdale; never has been and never will be. But League 1 football is a success for everyone at the club and those who make their living in the town.

Unity on 18:45 - Jan 1 with 4108 viewsrochdaleriddler

Unity on 18:33 - Jan 1 by RAFCBLUE

Based "on current form" - yes.

Points per game this season so far - 1.15.

Expected points haul from the last 20 games - 23.

We've achieved 7 points from the last 6 games so running just above that average.

Expected end of season points from here - 53 and safety.

But we are getting hammered, where are our next goals coming from, let alone points

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Unity on 18:46 - Jan 1 with 4102 viewsRAFCBLUE

Unity on 17:52 - Jan 1 by JimmyRustler

That's just apologist bollocks I'm afraid.

I don't give a shite about last season. Barring the final day, it was another disaster and nothing has changed/been done to rectify the glaringly obvious f*ck ups. KH is literally surviving on credit alone now - any other manager in his position at this club would have been shown the door a long time ago and I'm not just talking in terms of results either

No it's not. It's historical fact.

Those were the results of last season.

And so far this season we are ahead of last season.

KH is "surviving" because:

a) he is managing Rochdale on a budget and at a level that Rochdale aren't used to.
b) he has a track record of success at this club relative to the club's history and financial means.

React all you like to losing 5-0 but there isn't half some sh*te posted each season during a bad run or after a bad result.

Here's an example from 2015/16:

"Eastham HAS to start.
McDermott HAS to start.
Vincenti HAS to start.
Alessandra SHOULD be given a run out.

We've persevered with Bunney for long enough. It's time for something new. Today is almost a must win and the whole squad (including KH) needs a confidence boost. Anything other than a victory today is failure."

Final league position in 2015/16 - 10th (under Keith Hill).

Unity on 18:46 - Jan 1 with 4095 viewsDaleFan7

Where's Keith's unity with his squad rather than blaming them for everything?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024