Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Central defender 14:16 - Jan 4 with 3240 viewsgeraldo

With HM gone who will play in central defence. My vote would go to Calvin as he is our best header to deal with set pieces into our box and could also be a threat from corners in their box
Central defender on 14:43 - Jan 4 with 3111 viewssweetcorn

Put down the crack pipe my friend.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Central defender on 14:52 - Jan 4 with 3069 viewsseasidedale

It will be MJ but I think we will sign a defender before too long probably on loan
Central defender on 14:55 - Jan 4 with 3056 viewsJimmyRustler

Wish people would stop beating the Calvin to CB drum.....it's embarassing
Central defender on 14:59 - Jan 4 with 3029 viewsboromat

MJ with Delaney for the moment. I think we'll need right sided cover though maybe with someone who can also play at right back. Be even more important if the transfer rumours about Rafferty come to fruition.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Central defender on 15:05 - Jan 4 with 3003 viewssweetcorn

Central defender on 14:59 - Jan 4 by boromat

MJ with Delaney for the moment. I think we'll need right sided cover though maybe with someone who can also play at right back. Be even more important if the transfer rumours about Rafferty come to fruition.

Cover?! Any CB we sign now should be signed with the view of starting every game. Our defence is woeful, so if the player we’re signing is coming in as cover he’s not going to be very good..

Central defender on 16:13 - Jan 4 with 2794 viewsrichfoad32

Central defender on 14:59 - Jan 4 by boromat

I would worry about Rafferty regardless of whether he goes or not this month. As he's (allegedly) already been told he's not being retained in the summer, how much commitment will he put into his performances for a club that are showing no more commitment to him? He can easily find himself another team (and indeed may already have done so) and without wishing to question his professional pride, will his mind be elsewhere for the remainder of the season?
Central defender on 16:38 - Jan 4 with 2682 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Central defender on 14:55 - Jan 4 by JimmyRustler

Wish people would stop beating the Calvin to CB drum.....it's embarassing

What I don’t understand is that if Lincolns are top of their league and scoring plenty of goals then why the pi55ing hell do they want Kelvin’s Andrews.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2019 16:39]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Central defender on 17:17 - Jan 4 with 2570 viewsYadHoDale

Central defender on 16:38 - Jan 4 by BigDaveMyCock

What I don’t understand is that if Lincolns are top of their league and scoring plenty of goals then why the pi55ing hell do they want Kelvin’s Andrews.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2019 16:39]

Either they want to pair him with Rhead again, recreating the feared Mansfield partnership of a few years ago who helped the Stags to storm to lower - mid-table in L2 a few years ago, or they need their livers salting.
Login to get fewer ads

Central defender on 18:05 - Jan 4 with 2479 viewsboromat

Central defender on 15:05 - Jan 4 by sweetcorn

Cover?! Any CB we sign now should be signed with the view of starting every game. Our defence is woeful, so if the player we’re signing is coming in as cover he’s not going to be very good..

Realistically isn't going to happen though is it. Hill already said MJ will be one of the best CBs in the league showing his intent and with it being a January transfer window chances are it'll be mainly young loan players that'll come in. And we know those sorts of signings are hit and miss.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Central defender on 18:52 - Jan 4 with 2361 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Central defender on 17:17 - Jan 4 by YadHoDale

Either they want to pair him with Rhead again, recreating the feared Mansfield partnership of a few years ago who helped the Stags to storm to lower - mid-table in L2 a few years ago, or they need their livers salting.

In the houses and inns of Mansfield they speak of little else.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Central defender on 01:05 - Jan 5 with 1987 viewssweetcorn

Central defender on 18:05 - Jan 4 by boromat

Realistically isn't going to happen though is it. Hill already said MJ will be one of the best CBs in the league showing his intent and with it being a January transfer window chances are it'll be mainly young loan players that'll come in. And we know those sorts of signings are hit and miss.

Am i missing something here? Even if MJ is the sure starter you are saying he is (which he isnt) thats 1 CB leaving a place open, as delaney is by no means are sure starter.

I personally saw Hill’s comments on MJ as a way of justifying the McGahey transfer to the fans before it came into the public eye.

Central defender on 08:46 - Jan 5 with 1860 viewsNorthernDale

From what I can gather Rochdale, Scunthorpe and McGahey having been talking fees and terms since the 21st December. If that is the case, why as KH not identified a new CD and arranged for us to sign him, even on loan. I know he thinks MJ Williams will become a good CD, I wish I had his confidence, because he looks unsure at times in the CD role. But the club and KH as had 14 days or there about to find somebody to come in and have not, why?

Is his excuse of we have Mcnulty to come in, could you image Norman and Mcnulty in the same team, both are disasters waiting to happen, in Mcnulty case it is down to the fact that he now slow and as a consequence stupid errors.
Central defender on 09:06 - Jan 5 with 1824 viewspioneer

it’s happened before with the same lack of ‘where do we go from here’. We sold Done to Sheffield U when we were competing, at the other end of the table, now we sell our centre back to someone we are fighting with to avoid relegation. It’s like losing a six point game.. they get stronger and we get weaker.

Madness!

But I expect the CEO has a perfect explanation.
Central defender on 09:35 - Jan 5 with 1764 viewssmaclad1

Central defender on 09:06 - Jan 5 by pioneer

it’s happened before with the same lack of ‘where do we go from here’. We sold Done to Sheffield U when we were competing, at the other end of the table, now we sell our centre back to someone we are fighting with to avoid relegation. It’s like losing a six point game.. they get stronger and we get weaker.

Madness!

But I expect the CEO has a perfect explanation.

If you read and believe all the posts on here, the writing was on the wall when McGahey was one of the last players to sign a new contract in the summer. Since then relations between the manager and McG have been...fraught. You'll also know that McG has not 'kicked on' and is not as good as a lot of people make out. Believe all that and it seems blindingly obvious that he has been a liability.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024