Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where has the money gone? 03:01 - Feb 3 with 9914 viewsmattyboy32

This is my first post on this site and with recent evens wanted to know where fans think the money we have earned from are transfer dealings over the years have gone. Personally I think this little quote about mr.leviens acquisition sums it all up.

“In 2012, Erick Thohir and Jason Levien purchased the club and its holding company, with Chang remaining as a minority investor. Their efforts are primarily focused on getting United a new stadium and enhancing the four-time MLS champions”

We were never the club going to the next level we were just the piggy bank in this scheme. Their new stadium would cost over $400 million with them funding about $100million and rest would be loaned to them by city of dc. These talks for this deal started in January 2015 so how would a club loitering round the lower end of the mls afford this. So Levien got some investors to help get a relatively cheap club in the richest league in the world and then feed them lies for a tidy income machine

The yanks have always wanted money they got data analysis to help them find players to flip for profit so it could be used through loopholes in the system to benefit dc united. Now we have been relegated thy are just asset stripping to fund dc united. Is it a coincidence in August this year Levien bought the rest of thonirs ownership and appointed Kaplan as a co-chairman and announced that theonsortium that bought us as the new ownership group.

It seems so funny how this has all happened in a short period of 4 years and we never seen any high profile signings like Wayne Rooney or investment in the stadium to the level of dc united and no signs or messages from the owners because they don’t give a monkey about us.

I think we should not chant to get rid of these owners next saturday we need to chant for our money back that belongs to us not some other team that wants to get better by milking a smaller more profitable team of its hard earned cash that should have reinvested into itself. Rant over what are your thoughts?😂
Where has the money gone? on 21:28 - Feb 4 with 1404 viewsblackjackwood

Where has the money gone? on 11:05 - Feb 3 by cmajack

This . Bony, Baston , Ayew, Clucas, Mesa, Sanches now does the Op need the answer to any more silly questions?

What about Laudrup, Monk, Clements, Guidolin, ( all prior to the Americans ) Bob the builder AND Carvahal . . . ALL sacked and paid off !!!
Where has the money gone? on 21:44 - Feb 4 with 1359 viewsJonathans_coat

Where has the money gone? on 08:51 - Feb 4 by Yossarian

Fundamentally, look at the most obvious things first and apply the proven maxim that if it’s a choice between ‘Conspiracy’ and ‘Cockup’ then it’s almost certainly going to be ‘Cockup’. I honestly think the Yanks were not initially here to asset strip. I think they thought it was going to be a nice steady earner under a safe pair of hands that they could manage from afar. I think there’s a load of animosity now between the Yanks and the Sellouts because the Yanks realise they were sold a pup and that Jenkins, Dineen and the others aren’t as capable as they thought they were. They are responding in the only way they know how as businessmen- cut costs and get it back on an even keel. Why are we in this shit? Because Jenkins was totally out of his depth and believed he was better than he was....and because they became very insular, surrounding themselves with sycophants, there was also no one around to tell him some home truths. When you look at the transfer business it’s totally crazy. Who was doing the due diligence in these players? The fact that most of them were not suited to the playing style and were not the right character was obvious to most fans, and insult was added to injury by comical ncompetence over the the failures to re-secure Rodgers and Joe Allen. I would respectfully suggest that Jenkins and his close associates are primarily responsible for this mess. They could have protected their investment by securing an experienced Chief Executive with top contacts in the game but they were afflicted by delusions of competence and blinded by personal greed. For that, they ALL deserve condemnation. Forgiveness might be forthcoming, but the ball is firmly in their court. Their move.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2019 8:53]

Top post.

I would add that both buyers and seller were likely lying to each other during the sale/negotiations.

The sellers will have misrepresented the difficult situation the club was in, while knowing full well the bubble was about to burst and they could miss their window of opportunity to make millions.

The buyers probably promised investment in the squad, stadium, commercial partnerships, without any intention of actually risking putting any significant sums of money in themselves.

I have zero sympathy for either party, they deserve each other.

Sadly, our club and it’s loyal fans are caught in the middle of this mess, and we certainly don’t deserve it.
Where has the money gone? on 21:44 - Feb 4 with 1358 viewsLoyal

Where has the money gone? on 21:28 - Feb 4 by blackjackwood

What about Laudrup, Monk, Clements, Guidolin, ( all prior to the Americans ) Bob the builder AND Carvahal . . . ALL sacked and paid off !!!

How much did they all get ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Where has the money gone? on 22:06 - Feb 4 with 1312 viewsDippy

Last two transfer windows we are due around 130 million from player sales.

60 million parachute payment this year.

Poll: Cooper Out

Where has the money gone? on 22:09 - Feb 4 with 1299 viewsswan65split

Where has the money gone? on 21:28 - Feb 4 by blackjackwood

And whoever they brought with them.
Where has the money gone? on 22:09 - Feb 4 with 1300 viewsjasper_T

Where has the money gone? on 22:06 - Feb 4 by Dippy

Last two transfer windows we are due around 130 million from player sales.

60 million parachute payment this year.

Last two windows as in January and the summer?
Where has the money gone? on 22:45 - Feb 4 with 1236 viewsDippy

Where has the money gone? on 22:09 - Feb 4 by jasper_T

Last two windows as in January and the summer?

Last 4 windows sorry.. Gylfi and Llorente were 60 million alone.. we're probably still receiving money from these two sales

Poll: Cooper Out

Where has the money gone? on 22:54 - Feb 4 with 1228 viewsjasper_T

Where has the money gone? on 22:45 - Feb 4 by Dippy

Last 4 windows sorry.. Gylfi and Llorente were 60 million alone.. we're probably still receiving money from these two sales

And still paying for Clucas despite already selling him on.
Login to get fewer ads

Where has the money gone? on 23:08 - Feb 4 with 1204 views_

Where has the money gone? on 22:54 - Feb 4 by jasper_T

We had to pay Hull back with the money we got for Clucas as there's different rules in the Championship to tthe EPL, and that's if a club in the Championship receives transfer income from the player sold and they still owe, it must be paid back

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Where has the money gone? on 08:22 - Feb 5 with 1089 viewsLord_Bony

Sam Clucas

Bought for £15 million

Sold soon after £6 million.

What genius took the risk of signing this player with no idea of what position he would play in or how he would fit in the team...it was just a hunch.

Still crap at Stoke. A great bit of business that was.

Where has all the money gone? Go figure.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Where has the money gone? on 08:38 - Feb 5 with 1059 viewsmagicdaps10

Where has the money gone? on 22:54 - Feb 4 by jasper_T

That is right but we are also still receiving money for the sale of 60m duo Gylfi and Llorente.

We always had to pay Clucas's 12 m fee just as much as we were to receive 60m.

Think about it! Some people just seem to think we have to pay for transfer fees and very little hint of the ones we are still receiving.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Where has the money gone? on 08:43 - Feb 5 with 1048 viewsraynor94

Baston, Mesa, Clucas and the Ayews, plus Bony and Narsingh. Add in wages it's as plain as the nose on your face

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Where has the money gone? on 09:07 - Feb 5 with 1037 views3swan

Where has the money gone? on 08:43 - Feb 5 by raynor94

Baston, Mesa, Clucas and the Ayews, plus Bony and Narsingh. Add in wages it's as plain as the nose on your face

Total inept transfer policy
Where has the money gone? on 09:11 - Feb 5 with 1028 viewssainthelens

The Ngog one makes me laugh ( sarcastically), was on 30k a week.
Where has the money gone? on 09:13 - Feb 5 with 1022 views_

Not to Daps

Knock knock

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Where has the money gone? on 16:39 - Feb 5 with 897 viewsAngelRangelQS

The Sanches deal probably cost us a ridiculous amount of money. As no doubt did Abraham. We've also been paying what must be relatively high wages this season to (so called) established PL players.

We were apparently spending 80% of our turnover on wages at a time when we were buying low, selling high and probably didn't have many huge wages on the books.

If you look at our last couple of years in the PL, I shudder to think what our financial position is.

Doesn't take a genius to work out what's going on
Where has the money gone? on 16:43 - Feb 5 with 891 viewsjasper_T

Where has the money gone? on 16:39 - Feb 5 by AngelRangelQS

The Sanches deal probably cost us a ridiculous amount of money. As no doubt did Abraham. We've also been paying what must be relatively high wages this season to (so called) established PL players.

We were apparently spending 80% of our turnover on wages at a time when we were buying low, selling high and probably didn't have many huge wages on the books.

If you look at our last couple of years in the PL, I shudder to think what our financial position is.

Doesn't take a genius to work out what's going on

Sanches was £8m for the season.
Where has the money gone? on 18:09 - Feb 5 with 817 viewsPentyrchJack

I'd imagine the Ayew family (sons and father) have pocketed a fair bit for doing absolutely eff all other than abondoning ship.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Where has the money gone? on 18:58 - Feb 5 with 768 viewssainthelens

Where has the money gone? on 18:09 - Feb 5 by PentyrchJack

I'd imagine the Ayew family (sons and father) have pocketed a fair bit for doing absolutely eff all other than abondoning ship.

You've fallen into the trap. Don t blame them for taking it, question is who/why gave it to them? And we all know the answer. He's fckd off and left us to it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024