Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well the honeymoon didn’t last long 22:18 - Apr 24 with 2389 viewsjanegallagher

How long have the interim board been in place?

God help any news owners

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 22:28 - Apr 24 with 1808 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I was saying the same thing earlier.

It's very odd in a way, because the only real bone of contention is the price for children. And even then, only in some parts of the ground.

It is also a bit surreal to see all the outrage about a decision taken by "middle aged, middle class men" being generated by a different group of middle aged, middle class men.....

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 22:38 - Apr 24 with 1805 viewsLala

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 22:28 - Apr 24 by basilrobbiereborn

I was saying the same thing earlier.

It's very odd in a way, because the only real bone of contention is the price for children. And even then, only in some parts of the ground.

It is also a bit surreal to see all the outrage about a decision taken by "middle aged, middle class men" being generated by a different group of middle aged, middle class men.....

I read the other site for two minutes earlier and found it quite ridiculous. We won’t get new owners at this rate.Who’d want to get into bed with some of our fanbase!

Oyston will be laughing as there is more anger on there now than when he and his family were at the helm.

I’ve gone head to head with Tam,respectfully many times in the past but I really feel for him at the moment. I get the feeling nothing is ever going to be right, or enough. How quickly some can turn if they aren’t getting their own way.

Quite sad really.

I think Napm the sequel is on its way 😩

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 23:28 - Apr 24 with 1790 viewsspell_chekker

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 22:38 - Apr 24 by Lala

I read the other site for two minutes earlier and found it quite ridiculous. We won’t get new owners at this rate.Who’d want to get into bed with some of our fanbase!

Oyston will be laughing as there is more anger on there now than when he and his family were at the helm.

I’ve gone head to head with Tam,respectfully many times in the past but I really feel for him at the moment. I get the feeling nothing is ever going to be right, or enough. How quickly some can turn if they aren’t getting their own way.

Quite sad really.

I think Napm the sequel is on its way 😩

I wouldn't mind speculating that a lot of it is down to the notion of fan power.

The success of NAPM and the anti Oyston campaign and a fan subsequently on the board causing others to jostle for position.

For example, the Muckers seem to have obtained a direct line to Hatton just by shouting loudly and leg jamming.

I'm unconvinced that fan representation in the future will be a positive thing.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 23:35 - Apr 24 with 1784 viewsspell_chekker

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 23:28 - Apr 24 by spell_chekker

I wouldn't mind speculating that a lot of it is down to the notion of fan power.

The success of NAPM and the anti Oyston campaign and a fan subsequently on the board causing others to jostle for position.

For example, the Muckers seem to have obtained a direct line to Hatton just by shouting loudly and leg jamming.

I'm unconvinced that fan representation in the future will be a positive thing.

I don't think the club statement earlier in the evening helped much either.

A refusal to back track on the kiddy ticket could have been better justified / explained.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 00:34 - Apr 25 with 1768 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Split my reply into two

Season Tickets

As stated on previous threads think they got the under 11 part wrong.

The Reaction (AVFTT)

Part of me thinks it has a positive side as at least it's about The Club, and not some wack job conspiracy theory about OO returning with a couple of Billion pounds stuffed in his jock strap. Season Ticket prices are the sort of thing that Fans moan about at normal clubs.

However, 30 odd threads (lost count in the end) on the same subject is madness. How many times can one person say the same thing?

Too many strange (crazy) things posted on those threads to deal with, but I will say that I would like to know what has spooked a couple of posters on there over the last few weeks.

When it comes to new owners, I'd doubt a messageboard would play into their thinking. Twitter, Facebook etc... different story as they have a very much larger reach.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 07:20 - Apr 25 with 1739 viewsjanegallagher

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 00:34 - Apr 25 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Split my reply into two

Season Tickets

As stated on previous threads think they got the under 11 part wrong.

The Reaction (AVFTT)

Part of me thinks it has a positive side as at least it's about The Club, and not some wack job conspiracy theory about OO returning with a couple of Billion pounds stuffed in his jock strap. Season Ticket prices are the sort of thing that Fans moan about at normal clubs.

However, 30 odd threads (lost count in the end) on the same subject is madness. How many times can one person say the same thing?

Too many strange (crazy) things posted on those threads to deal with, but I will say that I would like to know what has spooked a couple of posters on there over the last few weeks.

When it comes to new owners, I'd doubt a messageboard would play into their thinking. Twitter, Facebook etc... different story as they have a very much larger reach.

I hear what you’re saying red. It’s almost like they’ve had their noses pushed out of joint.

Oh and I dont feel sorry for TAM he loves what he’s doing and who wouldn’t. Christine Seddon too, otherwise they’d not be involved to the extent they are.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 09:37 - Apr 25 with 1722 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 07:20 - Apr 25 by janegallagher

I hear what you’re saying red. It’s almost like they’ve had their noses pushed out of joint.

Oh and I dont feel sorry for TAM he loves what he’s doing and who wouldn’t. Christine Seddon too, otherwise they’d not be involved to the extent they are.

I'm nit sure Tim enjoys some of the abuse he is getting Jane, but he will no doubt rise above it.

In terms of people getting involved, and the extent to which they do it - I think you are right to an extent But I don't think anyone who was starting to get active in (say) 2014/15 had any idea what would be involved. The level of commitment within the BST Committee is extraordinary, really.

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 11:09 - Apr 25 with 1717 viewsjanegallagher

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 09:37 - Apr 25 by basilrobbiereborn

I'm nit sure Tim enjoys some of the abuse he is getting Jane, but he will no doubt rise above it.

In terms of people getting involved, and the extent to which they do it - I think you are right to an extent But I don't think anyone who was starting to get active in (say) 2014/15 had any idea what would be involved. The level of commitment within the BST Committee is extraordinary, really.

My own personal view is we’ve created/creating a monster. It’s happening already people suggesting protesting at Gillingham game. I’ll get back to this just really busy at work.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Login to get fewer ads

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 11:16 - Apr 25 with 1710 viewsspell_chekker

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 11:09 - Apr 25 by janegallagher

My own personal view is we’ve created/creating a monster. It’s happening already people suggesting protesting at Gillingham game. I’ll get back to this just really busy at work.

No blame can be attached to TAM for the kiddy ticket thing. He's nothing to do with it as far as I can see.

He didn't make the decision and, as his position dictates, hasn't commented on it (neither criticising nor defending).
[Post edited 25 Apr 2019 11:17]

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 11:24 - Apr 25 with 1702 viewsspell_chekker

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 11:16 - Apr 25 by spell_chekker

No blame can be attached to TAM for the kiddy ticket thing. He's nothing to do with it as far as I can see.

He didn't make the decision and, as his position dictates, hasn't commented on it (neither criticising nor defending).
[Post edited 25 Apr 2019 11:17]

A possible weakness of the interim board could be communication.

The statement yesterday was poor and another example being the appointment / lack of explanation over the full time appointment of Bollingbroke.

I'm 50/50 on the fans' forum now. It was a good initiative but seems tainted with a whiff of 'we consulted the fans at the forum and therefore got the green light to shaft families and kids'. The jury's out for me.

Perhaps a decent SLO is needed.

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 19:25 - Apr 25 with 1675 viewsImperial

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 11:24 - Apr 25 by spell_chekker

The statement yesterday was poor and another example being the appointment / lack of explanation over the full time appointment of Bollingbroke.

I'm 50/50 on the fans' forum now. It was a good initiative but seems tainted with a whiff of 'we consulted the fans at the forum and therefore got the green light to shaft families and kids'. The jury's out for me.

The board are in a difficult position. They are not able to raise large sums of money to bring about instant change. They are only temporary custodians.
So far apart from the child season tickets in my opinion they have done a reasonable job of stabilising the club.

Fans will always be critics. It's just a shame many have such short memories clearly forgetting how badly the club was being run not many weeks ago.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2019 19:26]
Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 19:53 - Apr 25 with 1658 viewsspell_chekker

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 19:25 - Apr 25 by Imperial

The board are in a difficult position. They are not able to raise large sums of money to bring about instant change. They are only temporary custodians.
So far apart from the child season tickets in my opinion they have done a reasonable job of stabilising the club.

Fans will always be critics. It's just a shame many have such short memories clearly forgetting how badly the club was being run not many weeks ago.

I do go off on one at times.

Then a calm head comes along speaking sense and I agree.

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 20:41 - Apr 25 with 1651 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 19:25 - Apr 25 by Imperial

Agree with Imp.

Jane

Found your monster

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 20:52 - Apr 25 with 1648 viewsLala

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 20:41 - Apr 25 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Agree with Imp.

Jane

Found your monster

I also agree with Imp. Way too much critical hysteria going on.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 21:30 - Apr 25 with 1640 viewsokeh_for_some

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 20:52 - Apr 25 by Lala

I also agree with Imp. Way too much critical hysteria going on.

It’s impossible for the Board to make a decision on season ticket pricing and please everyone. At the end of the day, they've been appointed for their experience in football administration and are tying to balance fan expectation with revenue. I say, just take a deep breath and let them get on with it. As for supposed lack of communication, it’s laughable some see this as a point of criticism with the current Board having taken over from a regime that didn’t feel any need to engage with fans and communicate throughout its tenure.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2019 22:14]
Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 23:40 - Apr 25 with 1610 viewsTwelveAngryMen

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 11:24 - Apr 25 by spell_chekker

The position is being advertised 😉

#footballfirst

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 20:44 - Apr 27 with 1558 viewsspell_chekker

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 23:40 - Apr 25 by TwelveAngryMen

The position is being advertised 😉

Was there ever a honeymoo periuod for the interim board?

A lot of euphoria over the Oyston exit, otherwise it was down to business posthaste.

And quite rightly.

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 22:40 - Apr 27 with 1541 viewsjanegallagher

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 20:44 - Apr 27 by spell_chekker

Was there ever a honeymoo periuod for the interim board?

A lot of euphoria over the Oyston exit, otherwise it was down to business posthaste.

And quite rightly.

No there was lots of giddiness when they were appointed.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 23:56 - Apr 27 with 1534 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 22:40 - Apr 27 by janegallagher

No there was lots of giddiness when they were appointed.

Think because of the euphoria of getting rid of the Oyston clan, people got confused about the roles of the CAR and the interim board, and their relationship to each other. (think some are still confused).

New owners will have new (and old) ideas, some will work, some will fail, no problem with constructive criticism. This is where having BST as a coherent voice is important.

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 00:00 - Apr 28 with 1528 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 23:56 - Apr 27 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Think because of the euphoria of getting rid of the Oyston clan, people got confused about the roles of the CAR and the interim board, and their relationship to each other. (think some are still confused).

New owners will have new (and old) ideas, some will work, some will fail, no problem with constructive criticism. This is where having BST as a coherent voice is important.

I think a few people had an unrealistic view of how long this would all take, as well. I still think this may not be fully resolved before the new season starts.

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 00:08 - Apr 28 with 1528 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 00:00 - Apr 28 by basilrobbiereborn

I think a few people had an unrealistic view of how long this would all take, as well. I still think this may not be fully resolved before the new season starts.

Glad you brought up the timescale.

IIRC the sale of the club has to be signed off by the Judge. Will that require Court time, or can/will he just do it in his Chambers/Office.

Reason I'm asking is if the sale was about end July/early August, is that about the time the Courts go on their summer break.

I can't remember what was said about this in your Court reports now.

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 10:39 - Apr 28 with 1510 viewsspell_chekker

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 00:08 - Apr 28 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Glad you brought up the timescale.

IIRC the sale of the club has to be signed off by the Judge. Will that require Court time, or can/will he just do it in his Chambers/Office.

Reason I'm asking is if the sale was about end July/early August, is that about the time the Courts go on their summer break.

I can't remember what was said about this in your Court reports now.

As has been brought up, the role of the CAT / interim board isn't all that clear.

I've got a basic picture in my head of their remit - Get the staffing structure in place, basic maintenance, get the club functioning efficiently on a cost effective basis (finances and problems such as corporate and turnstiles ironed out).

I wouldn't have thought that longer term policy decisions would be part of their concern unless they are obliged by the timescale - for example they've had to set ST prices and will have to plan for the pitch, player retained list, and other stuff.

I don't know if that's right, it hasn't been explained, but that's what I assume.

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 10:53 - Apr 28 with 1502 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 10:39 - Apr 28 by spell_chekker

As has been brought up, the role of the CAT / interim board isn't all that clear.

I've got a basic picture in my head of their remit - Get the staffing structure in place, basic maintenance, get the club functioning efficiently on a cost effective basis (finances and problems such as corporate and turnstiles ironed out).

I wouldn't have thought that longer term policy decisions would be part of their concern unless they are obliged by the timescale - for example they've had to set ST prices and will have to plan for the pitch, player retained list, and other stuff.

I don't know if that's right, it hasn't been explained, but that's what I assume.

Role of CAR : to prepare the club for and take it through the process of sale. Remit governed by the court, answerable to the court.

Role of interim Board : to run the club on a day to day basis, ensuring it is able to fulfil its obligations as a Member of the EFL. Includes some strategic as well operational functions as chekker described.

On dates -the courts don't sit through August or September.

TAM will no doubt correct me if any of the above is not quite right.

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 18:51 - Apr 28 with 1489 viewsspell_chekker

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 10:53 - Apr 28 by basilrobbiereborn

Role of CAR : to prepare the club for and take it through the process of sale. Remit governed by the court, answerable to the court.

Role of interim Board : to run the club on a day to day basis, ensuring it is able to fulfil its obligations as a Member of the EFL. Includes some strategic as well operational functions as chekker described.

On dates -the courts don't sit through August or September.

TAM will no doubt correct me if any of the above is not quite right.

Cheers Robbie, that clarifies matters but the parameters are understandably vague.

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 20:55 - Apr 30 with 1466 viewsjanegallagher

Well the honeymoon didn’t last long on 18:51 - Apr 28 by spell_chekker

Cheers Robbie, that clarifies matters but the parameters are understandably vague.

And it’s getting worse.

#selfdestruct

We’ve got Simon Sadler

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024