Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Superstition 18:55 - Sep 1 with 4633 viewsmingthemerciless

Just heard on the radio that " Superstition " has been voted the best Motown song of all time. They've got to be joking. What about " Reach Out I'll Be There " or " I Heard It Through The Grapevine " ?
Superstition on 21:58 - Sep 3 with 915 viewssoulboy

Superstition on 09:23 - Sep 2 by DiddyDave

Any Day Now was not on Chuck Jackson Arrives LP made in 1968,but there`s a clip on You Tube of him singing the song in 1965,Burt Bacharach playing the catchy opening riff. Motown maybe,maybe not,but I agree,it`s not the usual Motown sound.

He also did a brilliant LP on V I P records (a subsidiary of Motown) called Teardrops Keep Falling On My Head, it includes a fantastic version of A Rainy Night In Georgia.
Superstition on 13:41 - Sep 4 with 849 viewsDiddyDave

Superstition on 14:32 - Sep 2 by mingthemerciless

I was really up for seeing Martha live D Alien but I thought she was disappointing that night to be honest. I gave it 5 or 6 numbers and then I wondered off. Her voice had gone, sad really but nothing is for ever.

Did they sing Forget Me Not,an absolutely wonderful song from 1967? The strings are fantastic and the words are so poignant particularly that it was at the height of the Vietnam War with plenty of boyfriends,brothers even husbands going off to a hell of a place. The American government didn`t like the lament near the end of the song,so much so that later versions had the lament excluded.
Superstition on 22:11 - Sep 5 with 758 viewsPGB

Superstition wasn't voted the best Motown song of all time. The criteria was the most downloaded and/or streamed Motown record. Therefore only taking into account the last "???" years. Consequently despite being a big Motown fan I only listened intermittently.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024