Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With Just Under A Week To Go... 20:13 - Sep 19 with 6426 viewsCleedale

...what are the thoughts of fellow Dalies on expectations against Man U and the kind of side they'll put out?

Guess we'll be making a whole lot more on gate receipts than the meagre £10k for winning a 3rd round tie when even winning the Carabao Cup still only offers £100k; Ok added Wembley gate receipts too.

Any takers for a shock result or should we be concentrating on League? Plus, is there any stipulation for the type of team they must/can play?
With Just Under A Week To Go... on 20:18 - Sep 19 with 3228 viewsboromat

I think we'll go there and play our game. We'll either get battered or we'll shock them and maybe pinch something.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 20:32 - Sep 19 with 3198 viewschalky_ncfc

Will it be decided on penalties if it's a draw?

I can see Dale having their tail up for the occasion and win 5-3 on pens....... Or they could get hammered

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 20:44 - Sep 19 with 3168 viewsscarrow

I wonder if the team they are playing tonight will be fairly similar to Wednesday. Only 1-2 regular first teamers playing or whether they'll go for even weaker.

Poll: Final position

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 20:47 - Sep 19 with 3164 viewsTVOS1907

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 20:32 - Sep 19 by chalky_ncfc

Will it be decided on penalties if it's a draw?

I can see Dale having their tail up for the occasion and win 5-3 on pens....... Or they could get hammered

Yes, decided on the night.

When do Notts start their FA Trophy campaign, chalky?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 20:53 - Sep 19 with 3149 viewsJames1980

Shame if it ends up being against Dale. It would be a refreshing change if one of the big clubs treated the Cup competitions with a bit more respect and fielded a full strength side in an early round.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 20:54 - Sep 19 with 3138 viewsnordenblue

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 20:53 - Sep 19 by James1980

Shame if it ends up being against Dale. It would be a refreshing change if one of the big clubs treated the Cup competitions with a bit more respect and fielded a full strength side in an early round.

Surprising really as they are a million miles away from winning the league anytime soon,you'd have thought that he'd have a proper stab at most of the cup comps
With Just Under A Week To Go... on 20:54 - Sep 19 with 3138 viewschalky_ncfc

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 20:47 - Sep 19 by TVOS1907

Yes, decided on the night.

When do Notts start their FA Trophy campaign, chalky?

There's a blank week on the 19th October so I'm presuming it's then

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 20:57 - Sep 19 with 3119 viewsTVOS1907

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 20:54 - Sep 19 by chalky_ncfc

There's a blank week on the 19th October so I'm presuming it's then

That's the FA Cup weekend. Fourth qualifying round.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2019 20:58]

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Login to get fewer ads

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 21:01 - Sep 19 with 3104 viewschalky_ncfc

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 20:53 - Sep 19 by James1980

Didn't Utd once pull out of the FA Cup so that they could play in some mega deal overseas cup not long back? I wouldn't have allowed them back if I was the FA

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 21:03 - Sep 19 with 3098 viewsJames1980

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 20:54 - Sep 19 by nordenblue

Surprising really as they are a million miles away from winning the league anytime soon,you'd have thought that he'd have a proper stab at most of the cup comps

Indeed underestimate us at your peril Ole.

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 21:07 - Sep 19 with 3082 viewsSuddenLad

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 21:01 - Sep 19 by chalky_ncfc

Didn't Utd once pull out of the FA Cup so that they could play in some mega deal overseas cup not long back? I wouldn't have allowed them back if I was the FA

They were taking part in a Cup competition in South America so declined to enter the FA Cup. All sanctioned by the gutless FA who allowed Darlingto to re-enter the Cup, having been already been beaten in Round Two, this making up the numbers.

Darlo were drawn away at Villa and were beaten. United should have been banned from the FA Cup for 10 years for treating the competition with indifference and disrespect.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 21:12 - Sep 19 with 3061 viewsShun

I’m hoping we go there and play BBM-ball. I don’t care about the result, I just want to show them how good football can be in the lower leagues.

As for teams, I imagine they’ll play a team similar to tonight. I’m hoping a few of their youth play as they have a few genuine future superstars, such as Gomes, Chong and Greenwood.
With Just Under A Week To Go... on 21:13 - Sep 19 with 3061 viewschalky_ncfc

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 20:57 - Sep 19 by TVOS1907

That's the FA Cup weekend. Fourth qualifying round.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2019 20:58]

Aye sorry i misread it as FA Cup ,I've got no idea about FA Trophy if I'm honest

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 21:18 - Sep 19 with 3049 viewspnc4eva1

I had tickets lined up from a local utd Dan who wasn't going but I've got to stay in work and he's now got rid of his tickets. Gutted. I'll be cheering from work

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 21:18 - Sep 19 with 3049 viewsCleedale

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 21:07 - Sep 19 by SuddenLad

They were taking part in a Cup competition in South America so declined to enter the FA Cup. All sanctioned by the gutless FA who allowed Darlingto to re-enter the Cup, having been already been beaten in Round Two, this making up the numbers.

Darlo were drawn away at Villa and were beaten. United should have been banned from the FA Cup for 10 years for treating the competition with indifference and disrespect.

Surely therefore it'd be better to really increase the money in the domestic cups - think FA Cup has almost doubled.

But, for what is, The League Cup (and of course we did go all the way; once), the £100K winning finalist is hardly going to get a Prem. team out of bed when they get £100M+ for finishing bottom of that said league.
With Just Under A Week To Go... on 21:24 - Sep 19 with 3036 viewsJames1980

How many teams have progressed to the latter stages of a cup competition and been relegated from the league they were in.

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 21:37 - Sep 19 with 3004 viewsTVOS1907

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 21:24 - Sep 19 by James1980

How many teams have progressed to the latter stages of a cup competition and been relegated from the league they were in.

You should know one of them, James.

Brighton, 1983.

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 21:49 - Sep 19 with 2990 viewsJames1980

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 21:37 - Sep 19 by TVOS1907

Brighton, 1983.

True its the only one I can think of though

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 21:54 - Sep 19 with 2974 viewsTVOS1907

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 21:49 - Sep 19 by James1980

Norwich and Sunderland were both relegated from the First Division in 1985, having met in the Milk Cup Final towards the end of the season.

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 21:55 - Sep 19 with 2978 viewsnordenblue

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 21:49 - Sep 19 by James1980

Wigan won the cup then got relegated days later?
With Just Under A Week To Go... on 21:55 - Sep 19 with 2977 viewschalky_ncfc

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 21:37 - Sep 19 by TVOS1907

Brighton, 1983.

Do you live in Brighton James and if you do what made you want to support Dale rather than The Eagles?
I once got chased around Wembley by some Brighton fans who was peeved at having lost to the mighty Pies 3-1 back in the early 90's,I'm glad to say that I was younger and fitter.in those days

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 21:58 - Sep 19 with 2969 viewsnordenblue

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 21:55 - Sep 19 by chalky_ncfc

Do you live in Brighton James and if you do what made you want to support Dale rather than The Eagles?
I once got chased around Wembley by some Brighton fans who was peeved at having lost to the mighty Pies 3-1 back in the early 90's,I'm glad to say that I was younger and fitter.in those days

Crystal Palace is now in Brighton?
Did you ever find out why they chased you,a fruity bunch them lot down there...
With Just Under A Week To Go... on 21:59 - Sep 19 with 2963 viewschalky_ncfc

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 21:54 - Sep 19 by TVOS1907

Norwich and Sunderland were both relegated from the First Division in 1985, having met in the Milk Cup Final towards the end of the season.

Notts once won the Anglo Italian Cup at Wembley and then got relegated from the league

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 22:01 - Sep 19 with 2959 viewsJames1980

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 21:55 - Sep 19 by chalky_ncfc

Eagles = Palace
Seagulls = Brighton
When I picked a team by way of teletext Brighton weren't in the 4th division, Rochdale were.
At least there was no permanent damage Chalky.

I live near Lewes
[Post edited 19 Sep 2019 22:02]

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 22:03 - Sep 19 with 2941 viewsdingdangblue

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 20:44 - Sep 19 by scarrow

I wonder if the team they are playing tonight will be fairly similar to Wednesday. Only 1-2 regular first teamers playing or whether they'll go for even weaker.

Yes I think it will be very similar, I watched the game tonight and I thought Utd played well considering it was mostly the 2nd team + Rashford. Mason Greenwood looks a very good prospect at 17 and took his goal really well turning the defender inside out before a cracking finish under the keeper. I'm already having nightmares about Jim against him!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024