Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread 01:10 - Oct 14 with 26548 viewsjackharris

Sam Surridge and Tom Carroll make their first Championship
starts of the season for Swansea City at Barnsley. Striker Surridge —
fresh from scoring for England Under-21s over the international break
— is preferred to Borja Bastos in attack. Carroll, meanwhile, makes
his first league start in a year as he gets the nod in midfield as Jay Fulton
misses out on a place in the matchday squad.

Connor Roberts drops to the bench as Kyle Naughton moves to
right-back and Jake Bidwell comes back into the side at left-back,
while George Byers comes in for Yan Dhanda. Freddie Woodman
continues in goal with Naughton and Bidwell on the flanks of a
defence helmed by Mike van der Hoorn and Joe Rodon.
Carroll partners captain Matt Grimes in midfield, with Andre Ayew
and Bersant Celina playing either side of Byers. Surridge leads the line,
while Kristoffer Nordfeldt is among the substitutes following illness.

Barnsley: Brad Collins, Kenny Dougall, Jacob Brown, Cameron McGeehan,
Cauley Woodrow, Conor Chaplin, Dimitri Cavare, Toby Sibbick, Aapo Halme,
Alex Mowatt (captain), Bambo Diaby.

Substitutes: Jack Walton, Mads Andersen, Ben Williams, Mike Bahre,
Luke Thomas, Clarke Odour, Elliot Simoes.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Mike van der Hoorn,
Joe Rodon, Jake Bidwell; Matt Grimes (captain), Tom Carroll;
Andre Ayew, George Byers, Bersant Celina; Sam Surridge.

Substitutes: Kristoffer Nordfeldt, Ben Wilmot, Connor Roberts,
Wayne Routledge, Kristoffer Peterson, Jordon Garrick, Borja Baston.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2019 14:06]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:31 - Oct 19 with 1908 viewsjojaca

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:07 - Oct 19 by jackrabbit

Top of the table? You’re having a laugh. Distinctly average and getting worse. The team has lost its mojo. Relieved to get a point in the end.

My early season optimism is fading, I just don't see any progression under Cooper. Only one game this season we have been comfortable, the rest have been 50/50. Cooper needs to get the right combinations at midfield and wings or we are drifting into a mid table team.

Even when you know, you never know?

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:32 - Oct 19 with 1901 viewssainthelens

On our way back, general consensus in the car is how the fck didn't we lose? That said, in the past we would have, and I'd rather get a shite performance done before next weekend. What's blatantly obvious tho is we need to muscle up so to speak , otherwise those cvnts will bully us all over the park.
Highlight of today....breakfast on way up.
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:46 - Oct 19 with 1796 viewsmonmouth

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:31 - Oct 19 by jojaca

My early season optimism is fading, I just don't see any progression under Cooper. Only one game this season we have been comfortable, the rest have been 50/50. Cooper needs to get the right combinations at midfield and wings or we are drifting into a mid table team.

We are a mid table team, I think that’s increasingly visible in the performances. Cooper needs to step up now. It’s not at all obvious what he or the coaches are bringing to the party. He looked as miserable as hell today from the start too. Fist pumping when you’re winning goes with sorting it out when you are not.

I’m entirely neutral on managers after our merry go round history, but he simply has to start proving himself now. More of the same shit, especially at home, does not cut the mustard.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2019 19:20]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:47 - Oct 19 with 1791 viewsDJack

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:30 - Oct 19 by exiledclaseboy

Yet we’re still unbeaten away from home, two defeats out of 12 this season and third in the league.

Cheer up. It could be worse. We were crap for an hour today and got an away point. A point away from home is always good, right?

And it’s Saturday evening, it’s not raining at the moment for what seems like the first time in about six weeks and my swig is just kicking in.

Altogether now... we shall overcoooooome.

"Altogether now... we shall overcoooooome. "

I'm waiting for you to get to Delilah.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:55 - Oct 19 with 1727 viewsflashj

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:23 - Oct 19 by Johnw102

Not a lot up front either, SS not up to it, BC wasted out wide, AA looked head and shoulders above the rest, the way he talks to other player and the ref I would give the Captain's armband, looks to heavy for Matt. thought their number 9 Woodrow looked sharp.

I agree about Andre being captain. Isn't he's the only senior player apart from VDH who's a shoe in to start? Grimes is not a captain, or a senior player
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:57 - Oct 19 with 1713 viewsjacabertawe

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:30 - Oct 19 by exiledclaseboy

Yet we’re still unbeaten away from home, two defeats out of 12 this season and third in the league.

Cheer up. It could be worse. We were crap for an hour today and got an away point. A point away from home is always good, right?

And it’s Saturday evening, it’s not raining at the moment for what seems like the first time in about six weeks and my swig is just kicking in.

Altogether now... we shall overcoooooome.

The next word in the chorus is "someday"!!

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 18:02 - Oct 19 with 1670 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:46 - Oct 19 by monmouth

We are a mid table team, I think that’s increasingly visible in the performances. Cooper needs to step up now. It’s not at all obvious what he or the coaches are bringing to the party. He looked as miserable as hell today from the start too. Fist pumping when you’re winning goes with sorting it out when you are not.

I’m entirely neutral on managers after our merry go round history, but he simply has to start proving himself now. More of the same shit, especially at home, does not cut the mustard.

Agree with most of this, but I do think we have players with enough skill for us to above a mid table team and least get us into the playoffs.

I just don't think our manager is utilising the talent we have, well that's my opinion, although I may be wrong and we are actually, over achieving.

It's seem you just never know which Swansea City team will turn up from one game to another, irrespective of whomever we're playing against.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 18:06 - Oct 19 with 1654 viewslifelong

Pleased with a point today, sounded a very poor performance on Radio Wales commentary so it could have been worse.
Two home wins from the next two would be nice.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 18:17 - Oct 19 with 1599 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 18:06 - Oct 19 by lifelong

Pleased with a point today, sounded a very poor performance on Radio Wales commentary so it could have been worse.

I watched most of it on a very good stream (thanks to a lovely PL poster)

Both teams were shyte... believe me, because if Barnsley were any better than shyte, they'd have beaten us fairly convincingly.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 18:19 - Oct 19 with 1596 viewsblackpooljack

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 18:06 - Oct 19 by lifelong

How the fuk can you expect/hope for two home wins when in recent weeks played 3 of the worst teams in the league and been taken to school by every one of them.
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 18:21 - Oct 19 with 1584 viewsblackpooljack

Cooper reminds me of Gervais's character in " when the whistle blows ," he was a gormless nerk as well, either him or Derek from the care home
[Post edited 19 Oct 2019 18:22]
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 18:40 - Oct 19 with 1501 viewslifelong

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 18:19 - Oct 19 by blackpooljack

How the fuk can you expect/hope for two home wins when in recent weeks played 3 of the worst teams in the league and been taken to school by every one of them.

I just thought it would be better than hoping for two defeats.
Oh! One of those worse teams in the league have just beaten one of the best teams in the league.
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 18:59 - Oct 19 with 1442 viewsthornabyswan

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:36 - Oct 19 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Rodgers is doing well at Leicester.

Better than Ollie

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 19:04 - Oct 19 with 1426 viewsmahoss

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 18:21 - Oct 19 by blackpooljack

Cooper reminds me of Gervais's character in " when the whistle blows ," he was a gormless nerk as well, either him or Derek from the care home

Not sure about him.
If things are going well he’s ok.
If not.....
We’ll see 🙄
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 19:06 - Oct 19 with 1420 viewstheloneranger

Glad to get a lucky point today against a Barnsley team which hadn't won a league game since 3rd Aug, and conceded at least 2 goals in 8 out of their previous 11 league games.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 19:12 - Oct 19 with 1394 viewsNotLoyal

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 18:21 - Oct 19 by blackpooljack

Nothing goes to plan in life, especially with these looked after bunch of ego driven kids, they show little or no desire at the moment because it is all too comfortable for them.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 19:31 - Oct 19 with 1321 viewssainthelens

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 19:12 - Oct 19 by NotLoyal

Nothing goes to plan in life, especially with these looked after bunch of ego driven kids, they show little or no desire at the moment because it is all too comfortable for them.

Quite like you pal, and hope that's tongue in cheek, if not what a daft fckn comment.
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 19:56 - Oct 19 with 1254 views34dfgdf54

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:36 - Oct 19 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Rodgers is doing well at Leicester.

Of course he would. What’s your point mucker?
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 19:58 - Oct 19 with 1244 views34dfgdf54

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:46 - Oct 19 by monmouth

We are third? Is that not proving himself enough?

Where do you expect us to be in this league out of curiosity?
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 19:59 - Oct 19 with 1242 viewsangryjack

I got slaughtered on here a couple weeks ago for saying we are a mid table team saying I was negative but I was only telling the truth. As for Cooper he is the negative one playing tight midfield time after time no width I feel sorry for Matty crimes always looking for an outfield ball that's not there ,,all he can do is pass 5 yards sideways Cooper won't change his system, potter would change things 2 or 3 times during one game but Cooper sticks to his system HE Believes in no matter what
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 20:11 - Oct 19 with 1201 viewscontroversial_jack

if we can't beat shit bottom of the league teams and get schooled by some, that doesn't make us mid table, but well below that
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 20:24 - Oct 19 with 1174 views34dfgdf54

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 20:11 - Oct 19 by controversial_jack

if we can't beat shit bottom of the league teams and get schooled by some, that doesn't make us mid table, but well below that

We are a mid table side, nothing more, nothing less imo
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 20:36 - Oct 19 with 1153 viewssainthelens

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 20:11 - Oct 19 by controversial_jack

The negativity on here from some is mind numbing. If we are playing that badly and sit 3rd....fck me that'll do. Some need to weigh up what was expected at the start of the season and where we are now. Every side will hit a flat spot, ok, we need a bitta muscle in midfield but FFS get behind the lads.
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 20:42 - Oct 19 with 1143 viewsLeonWasGod

I feel the same Mon. I feel we’re going backwards at the moment.

Although we do need to bear in mind the squad has got weaker over the last 15 months. Potter worked a miracle last year imo, and we were often carried by Ollie’s goals. And then Dan stepped up as the season went on and gave us some of the season highlights.

But those 2, arguably our best players, were sold (understandably). We ‘replaced’ with Borja and Ayew. Now, Ayew is a class act for sure. He’s slowly getting into the season and a couple of goals recently & hopefully that means he’ll push on. Borja started on fire, but has tailed off a bit lately. Overall though, I’d say Dan and Ollie were a better pairing in the final third.

We’ve lost Fer (injured a lot, but important in spells last season). We’ve lost CCV, who was valuable when Rodon was out. We also had a (very) few games out of Montero too remember, where he terrorised the fullback and created chances. We’ve nobody like that now.

Whoever manages us has hell of a job to make us compete at the top. So let’s not underestimate how hard it is for Cooper.

On the other hand, we’re loosing our composure on the ball at the back, the interplay and little triangles through the midfield are drying up, we’re becoming narrower, and we’re not getting the most out of key players (esp. Celina).

In short, Cooper has a real challenge on his hand to get this group of players to perform, but even so there are signs that he’s not getting as much out of them as Potter. It’ll be interesting to see how things go from here. I think we’ll raise our game again against bigger teams; I hope so anyway as we need to.
(No subject) (n/t) on 20:45 - Oct 19 with 1129 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:06 - Oct 19 by 34dfgdf54

Any away point is decent.

Need 6 points now next week

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024