Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Meanwhile....... 11:46 - Nov 25 with 4534 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Sunday's opponents Boston Utd went out of the Fa Vase on Saturday.

Beaten away 1-0 by Atherton Collieries. So, like us this is their last opportunity to make some loot out of a decent Cup run.

Meanwhile....... on 11:56 - Nov 25 with 3638 viewsdale1968

So that our fantastic Board can invest a bit into the squad....

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Meanwhile....... on 12:14 - Nov 25 with 3601 viewsnordenblue

Meanwhile....... on 11:56 - Nov 25 by dale1968

So that our fantastic Board can invest a bit into the squad....

Get yourself on stage with gags like that.... theres more chance of the pope signing on loan,and i dont mean a certain oversized striker of a former member of the EFL
Meanwhile....... on 13:33 - Nov 25 with 3469 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Meanwhile....... on 12:14 - Nov 25 by nordenblue

Get yourself on stage with gags like that.... theres more chance of the pope signing on loan,and i dont mean a certain oversized striker of a former member of the EFL

Might be just what we need...Tom Pope is 6years younger than our own starman Alby.

By the way,where is Alby......?
Meanwhile....... on 13:46 - Nov 25 with 3446 viewsnordenblue

Meanwhile....... on 13:33 - Nov 25 by Yorkshire_Dale

Might be just what we need...Tom Pope is 6years younger than our own starman Alby.

By the way,where is Alby......?

Didnt he get a 3 game ban from his Oxford red card.... 5 games ago
Meanwhile....... on 14:13 - Nov 25 with 3381 viewsTVOS1907

Meanwhile....... on 13:46 - Nov 25 by nordenblue

Didnt he get a 3 game ban from his Oxford red card.... 5 games ago

Yes and he's since appeared v Bradford, Coventry and Wrexham.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Meanwhile....... on 14:13 - Nov 25 with 3380 viewsTVOS1907

FA Trophy

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Meanwhile....... on 14:44 - Nov 25 with 3311 viewsdingdangblue

I've noticed a certain Martyn Woolford plays for Boston. A quality player in his day and has had a fair few clubs including Millwall, Bristol City, Sheffield United and Scunthorpe. I remember him in a play off final for Scunthorpe they were promoted to the Championship - played a blinder and scored the winner. Certainly not past it at 34 and a dangerous player to watch out for.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2019 14:47]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Meanwhile....... on 14:46 - Nov 25 with 3305 viewsTVOS1907

Meanwhile....... on 14:44 - Nov 25 by dingdangblue

I've noticed a certain Martyn Woolford plays for Boston. A quality player in his day and has had a fair few clubs including Millwall, Bristol City, Sheffield United and Scunthorpe. I remember him in a play off final for Scunthorpe they were promoted to the Championship - played a blinder and scored the winner. Certainly not past it at 34 and a dangerous player to watch out for.

He's suspended

Login to get fewer ads

Meanwhile....... on 14:48 - Nov 25 with 3288 viewsdingdangblue

Meanwhile....... on 14:46 - Nov 25 by TVOS1907

He's suspended

Phew.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Meanwhile....... on 14:51 - Nov 25 with 3289 viewsAtThePeake

Meanwhile....... on 14:44 - Nov 25 by dingdangblue

Absolute FM legend. Used to have to sell about 4 players to get him but it was worth it.

Tangled up in blue.

Meanwhile....... on 18:16 - Nov 25 with 3032 viewsblackdogblue

Meanwhile....... on 14:51 - Nov 25 by AtThePeake

Absolute FM legend. Used to have to sell about 4 players to get him but it was worth it.

Is he a Striker???

Sign him up 😀😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Meanwhile....... on 20:21 - Nov 25 with 2909 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Meanwhile....... on 18:16 - Nov 25 by blackdogblue

Is he a Striker???

Sign him up 😀😀

If we end up going to a reply, the plus side will be that you will see a town that is probably the biggest dump in England, and Rochdale will appear like paradise!

Having worked in Boston for 6 years my highlights were seeing Chris Kamara getting into a tiny Toyota and having a 5 minute chat with him (nice bloke) and seeing a postman knock out a drunk Eastern European at about half 9 in the morning for trying to steal his postcart.

If it does go to a replay I will let you all know where not to go and pubs parking etc!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Meanwhile....... on 07:40 - Nov 26 with 2752 viewsEllDale

I suppose I'll never forget Boston as being the team that we beat 4-0 at the start of the Keith Hill reign and which helped to kickstart the "no fear" spell.
I seem to remember that Mark Noble was on loan from West Ham and played that day.
On the other hand we have had some awful performances against them.
I think we played them just before Christmas in the Alan Buckley era (the season of the Super Kevin Townson FA Cup win at Bury) and scrambled a 1-0 win after Gareth Griffiths bundled the ball over the line from about a yard out.
Even worse was a game in 2005 (?) which we again won 1-0 thanks to a late Lee McEvilly penalty which was the only shot on target which either side mustered all game.
As usual I am more than happy to have my cluttered memory corrected.
And In the current state of the team I'd settle for a similar result on Sunday.
Meanwhile....... on 08:22 - Nov 26 with 2731 viewsleedsdale

Meanwhile....... on 07:40 - Nov 26 by EllDale

I suppose I'll never forget Boston as being the team that we beat 4-0 at the start of the Keith Hill reign and which helped to kickstart the "no fear" spell.
I seem to remember that Mark Noble was on loan from West Ham and played that day.
I think we played them just before Christmas in the Alan Buckley era (the season of the Super Kevin Townson FA Cup win at Bury) and scrambled a 1-0 win after Gareth Griffiths bundled the ball over the line from about a yard out.
Even worse was a game in 2005 (?) which we again won 1-0 thanks to a late Lee McEvilly penalty which was the only shot on target which either side mustered all game.

https://www.11v11.com/matches/rochdale-v-boston-united-30-december-2006-276384/

No Mark Noble, but three future Dale players in the Boston line up that day. I think they used to have a player called David Noble.

PS. I’ll take a scrappy win this weekend - just get in the hat for the next round
[Post edited 26 Nov 2019 8:23]
Meanwhile....... on 08:54 - Nov 26 with 2697 viewsTVOS1907

Meanwhile....... on 08:22 - Nov 26 by leedsdale

https://www.11v11.com/matches/rochdale-v-boston-united-30-december-2006-276384/

No Mark Noble, but three future Dale players in the Boston line up that day. I think they used to have a player called David Noble.

PS. I’ll take a scrappy win this weekend - just get in the hat for the next round
[Post edited 26 Nov 2019 8:23]

Two future Dale players (Elding & Kennedy) and one past Dale player (Clarke).

Meanwhile....... on 08:54 - Nov 26 with 2696 viewsTVOS1907

Meanwhile....... on 07:40 - Nov 26 by EllDale

Different Noble.

Meanwhile....... on 09:06 - Nov 26 with 2682 viewsleedsdale

Meanwhile....... on 08:54 - Nov 26 by TVOS1907

Two future Dale players (Elding & Kennedy) and one past Dale player (Clarke).

Cheers TVOS. Could have sworn we signed Clarke from Boston
Meanwhile....... on 09:32 - Nov 26 with 2646 viewsChaffRAFC

Meanwhile....... on 09:06 - Nov 26 by leedsdale

Didn't Clarke sign for Boston from us? We signed him from Mansfield.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Meanwhile....... on 09:37 - Nov 26 with 2635 viewsleedsdale

Meanwhile....... on 09:32 - Nov 26 by ChaffRAFC

Didn't Clarke sign for Boston from us? We signed him from Mansfield.

Yep, just my memory playing tricks on me
Meanwhile....... on 10:04 - Nov 26 with 2604 viewsTVOS1907

Meanwhile....... on 09:06 - Nov 26 by leedsdale

No, Chaff's got it spot on.

There'a actually a surprisingly high number of players to appear for both clubs, including Peter Costello, Conrad Logan, Mark Monington and Ernie Cooksey.

Meanwhile....... on 12:32 - Nov 26 with 2514 viewsrochdaleriddler

Meanwhile....... on 20:21 - Nov 25 by Thacks_Rabbits

If we end up going to a reply, the plus side will be that you will see a town that is probably the biggest dump in England, and Rochdale will appear like paradise!

Having worked in Boston for 6 years my highlights were seeing Chris Kamara getting into a tiny Toyota and having a 5 minute chat with him (nice bloke) and seeing a postman knock out a drunk Eastern European at about half 9 in the morning for trying to steal his postcart.

If it does go to a replay I will let you all know where not to go and pubs parking etc!

You are not selling the tues night dream to me

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Meanwhile....... on 12:45 - Nov 26 with 2498 viewsinthenet

Apparently rested 8 players for the trip..... I know one of the young strikers for them who is 6ft plus and a very good player (interesting Man Utd) they are definitely up for this one as to be expected.

At least we have Calvin !!!!

Rastrickblue

Meanwhile....... on 13:47 - Nov 26 with 2437 viewschalky_ncfc

Meanwhile....... on 12:32 - Nov 26 by rochdaleriddler

You are not selling the tues night dream to me

Boston is indeed a shithole and only second to Gainsborough in my opinion

We've let Pierce Bird go out on loan to Boston and he should do well in defence if he gets game time in which he hasn't at Notts,one to watch

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

Meanwhile....... on 18:43 - Nov 26 with 2307 viewsfinberty

Meanwhile....... on 10:04 - Nov 26 by TVOS1907

There'a actually a surprisingly high number of players to appear for both clubs, including Peter Costello, Conrad Logan, Mark Monington and Ernie Cooksey.

On their day, that's the spine of a fine team just there.
Meanwhile....... on 19:25 - Nov 26 with 2261 viewsAtThePeake

Meanwhile....... on 10:04 - Nov 26 by TVOS1907

Anthony Elding & Paul Tait too off the top of my head.

One player I always used to enjoy watching for Boston was Paul Ellender. Big dopey centre-back who used to have a middle parting and wear a knackered old pair of Adidas World Cups with his socks just reaching the top of his shinpads. I've never seen a professional footballer look less like a professional footballer.

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024