Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Politics in the classroom... 00:26 - Nov 26 with 5090 viewsKerouac

The Labour Party would like to brainwash your kids...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50551765

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Politics in the classroom... on 17:28 - Nov 28 with 743 viewsJango

Politics in the classroom... on 16:57 - Nov 28 by costalotta

Couldn’t tell you the form per se but you have basically hit the nail on the head in your first para. No classical studies as it were. She’s studying History A level too and that’s interesting in the sense it overlaps somewhat.

It’s great seeing her develop politically speaking, she’s now not always sticking with the first thing so to speak. But like us all, political maturity takes time and life experience. From a dads perspective I just hope she develops an appreciation that politics is not black or white and neither should be an entrenchment of positions, it’s much more than that. But sadly...

Studying politics at A levels is a bit different to teachers pushing their views on Brexit, Trump, Johnson etc onto 13/14 year olds, which seems to be happening.
Politics in the classroom... on 16:02 - Nov 29 with 689 viewscostalotta

Politics in the classroom... on 17:28 - Nov 28 by Jango

Studying politics at A levels is a bit different to teachers pushing their views on Brexit, Trump, Johnson etc onto 13/14 year olds, which seems to be happening.

Oh ok. Never heard of that before although I must confess to hearing about talk about the three you mentioned over dinner. She’s also done the same with all the other political parties. She’s gone from binary / us and them knee jerking to analysing. But that’s what I find interesting, she’s learning, understanding and making sense of it all through her world view. I hear her and friends talking about things but I doubt my parents could the same of me when I was that age.
Politics in the classroom... on 16:05 - Nov 29 with 685 viewscostalotta

Politics in the classroom... on 17:19 - Nov 28 by Lohengrin

I am genuinely interested. I took British Constitution at A Level, what feels like a century ago, and seem to recall the course being discontinued a few years later.

It sounds like your girl is doing a revamped, modern version.

Perhaps they pulled bits of that syllabus? Or a renamed version of a legacy course.

I’m sure it wasn’t a century ago Loh. Something I’ve been meaning to ask you, do you like the work of Wagner? Jus interested as to why you took that avatar name?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024