Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Borja Baston 09:34 - Nov 27 with 5836 viewsNWSwans

I see it has been mentioned on the MD thread but this needs its own.

He was totally anonymous, only time he ran was after his own first touch after it had bounced 5 yards away from him. Not sure he touched the ball in the Hudders box, No reason not to start Surridge over him now as i prefer Ayew on the wing.
Borja Baston on 14:40 - Nov 28 with 1109 viewsBadlands

Borja is by far our most capable striker .. but he needs the ball.
If brought on as a sub Surridge needs a good 30 minutes.You can't expect player full contribute if he's brought on with 10 - 15 minutes to go.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Borja Baston on 14:55 - Nov 28 with 1091 viewsjack247

Borja Baston on 14:40 - Nov 28 by Badlands

Borja is by far our most capable striker .. but he needs the ball.
If brought on as a sub Surridge needs a good 30 minutes.You can't expect player full contribute if he's brought on with 10 - 15 minutes to go.

Give Cooper a few quid in January, even if it’s just a wage budget, to bring in a midfielder who can win the ball and get it moving quickly. The likes of Celina, Grimes and Byers will get a bit more quality possession and in turn be able to feed Baston.

In that scenario, yes, he’s our best striker. With the team as it is, games like Tuesdays from him shouldn’t come as a surprise.
Borja Baston on 15:24 - Nov 28 with 1067 viewsTimTtam

Borja Baston on 12:31 - Nov 28 by vetchonian

Woodman
Naughton WIlmot VDH
Roberts Ayew Fulton Grimes Peterson
Borja Routledge

Subs Nortfeldt Cabango,Dyer Celina Byers Surridge Dhanda

Thgis formation allows Grimes to fall back to a LB role when defending with Roberts also dropping back
[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 12:39]

I like the look of that. Maybe to fix our midfield, we simply need more midfielders. I posted a while back during our bad spell near when we played Stoke, that teams who played in a formation that allowed them to have more midfielders than us were beating us, or drawing against us at home.

I watched Sheffield United the other day, and their passing game was super slick. They always play in a flexible 3-5-2.

I really want to see Ayew tried in the midfield. He could do wonders to help Grimes's game and confidence.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Borja Baston on 15:50 - Nov 28 with 1058 viewsBadlands

Borja Baston on 14:55 - Nov 28 by jack247

Give Cooper a few quid in January, even if it’s just a wage budget, to bring in a midfielder who can win the ball and get it moving quickly. The likes of Celina, Grimes and Byers will get a bit more quality possession and in turn be able to feed Baston.

In that scenario, yes, he’s our best striker. With the team as it is, games like Tuesdays from him shouldn’t come as a surprise.

I'm convinced Wilmot could do that.
Unfortunately we have a growing concern over CD
Not sure Cooper is ready but could we recall Keston should he be needed in January?

Borja Baston on 16:41 - Nov 28 with 1038 viewsjack247

Borja Baston on 15:50 - Nov 28 by Badlands

Not sure Cooper is ready but could we recall Keston should he be needed in January?

Well this is it in a nutshell. We’re now talking about a 20 year old centre back playing a pivotal midfield position, leaving us woefully short of cover at the back. I wouldn’t think he’d be an improvement on Fulton in that role anyway.

However we try to force round pegs into square holes, we’re just creating gaps elsewhere.

In all probability, the owners aren’t going to sanction anything in January and although we’ve got some very good players, the imbalance in the squad (particularly central midfield) will mean we won’t create as many chances as we would like.
Borja Baston on 17:39 - Nov 28 with 1010 viewskarnataka

Borja Baston on 15:50 - Nov 28 by Badlands

If we get drawn against a L1or L2 team in the 3rd round of the FAC, that would be the perfect opportunity to experiment with Wilmot in that position.
Borja Baston on 19:04 - Nov 28 with 975 viewsBadlands

Borja Baston on 16:41 - Nov 28 by jack247

Well this is it in a nutshell. We’re now talking about a 20 year old centre back playing a pivotal midfield position, leaving us woefully short of cover at the back. I wouldn’t think he’d be an improvement on Fulton in that role anyway.

However we try to force round pegs into square holes, we’re just creating gaps elsewhere.

In all probability, the owners aren’t going to sanction anything in January and although we’ve got some very good players, the imbalance in the squad (particularly central midfield) will mean we won’t create as many chances as we would like.

We are talking about a player who is good enough for our first team who started his career in midfield taking on a position that we have no one covering (and haven't fro 5 season).
We are short of cover because our cover is being used. We have cover for our cover in Cooper, Naughton, Bidwell (!!)
Joe Allen became a Championship regular as a midfielder who broke up play at the age of 18
A lower division but Leon was 19.
Ben Davies - 19

Borja Baston on 20:19 - Nov 28 with 939 viewsjack247

Borja Baston on 19:04 - Nov 28 by Badlands

We are talking about a player who is good enough for our first team who started his career in midfield taking on a position that we have no one covering (and haven't fro 5 season).
We are short of cover because our cover is being used. We have cover for our cover in Cooper, Naughton, Bidwell (!!)
Joe Allen became a Championship regular as a midfielder who broke up play at the age of 18
A lower division but Leon was 19.
Ben Davies - 19

You’ve lost me completely.

He wasn’t in the team at all until Rodon got injured. If ever we were going to try him in midfield, the time would have been before he was needed at centre back. Depending on VdH, he may be the ‘senior’ centre back for the next couple of games and you want to move him forward and play a full back/youth team player alongside Cabango?

I know you don’t rate Cooper at all, but he genuinely does know a lot more about football than you do and works with these players every day. If and when we have Rodon and VdH available, he decides to play Wilmot there, fair enough. Until then, you’re just guessing.
Login to get fewer ads

Borja Baston on 21:06 - Nov 28 with 911 viewsCatullus

Borja Baston on 12:31 - Nov 28 by vetchonian

Woodman
Naughton WIlmot VDH
Roberts Ayew Fulton Grimes Peterson
Borja Routledge

Subs Nortfeldt Cabango,Dyer Celina Byers Surridge Dhanda

Thgis formation allows Grimes to fall back to a LB role when defending with Roberts also dropping back
[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 12:39]

I'd put Ayew out wide and have Celine in, Fulton and Grimes holding and Surridge or Routs up front/on bench. Hopefully Kalulu will be ready soon then it's Ayew and Borja up front, Surridge on the bench. Is that 352 mor 3-2-3-2? Anyway it would have to be flexible and as said The Blades play a flexible 3-5-2 and they look quite good right now.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024