Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread 17:13 - Dec 22 with 35632 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 26 Dec 2019 14:58]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 18:14 - Dec 26 with 2517 viewsFireboy2

The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 18:06 - Dec 26 by monmouth

Badly phrased by me.

No probs monny👍
The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 18:22 - Dec 26 with 2461 viewssainthelens

We were well beaten imo. I'm not reading to much into an improved 2nd half performance, usually happens when a side is 2 up at the break they'll ease off a bit. Hate singling players out but Byers is killing us in midfield. And now with VDH joining Joe on the injured list, our defence is looking flaky at best. With 2 home games on the bounce normally I'd look for at least 4 points....now I'm worried we'll be hanging on in both games. WTF can't we get some bodies in in January....please ?
The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 18:35 - Dec 26 with 2388 viewslonglostjack

The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 17:29 - Dec 26 by icecoldjack

I dont care what anyone says about Ayew, the absolute plums on him to go into a 60/40 with the keeper and defender to score a goal knowing injury is a real possibility, well, it makes you wonder about the attitude of some other players.

I actually winced when I saw it, brave as fook fair play to him, he deserves far better than the clowns playing around him, if he's playing for a move then quite frankly I wish him well because he deserves it.

Game after game looks the only one busting a gut to get a win, the rest of the team look too afraid to even try a forward pass let alone put a career on the line to go in on the keeper and come out on top.

Brave guy fair play to him, earning his wages week after week.

The courage in getting that goal seemed to rub off on the rest of the team too. If only we had a really hard defensive midfielder with the same attitude.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 19:27 - Dec 26 with 2211 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 17:02 - Dec 26 by 34dfgdf54

Am I the only one that thinks going forward is the big problem for us then?

Without Ayew we are completely gash. Andre will move on in January then the proof really will be in the pudding.

The biggest issue for me is how Cooper has got us (not) playing. But we certainly lack quality and/or any strength in depth, especially through the spine of the team. Up front we’re not too bad, but a decent winger with end product would be very welcome.

We went up with Beattie and Pintado remember. But had a solid spine and midfield to build on and control games.
The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 19:42 - Dec 26 with 2140 viewsBadlands

The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 19:27 - Dec 26 by LeonWasGod

The biggest issue for me is how Cooper has got us (not) playing. But we certainly lack quality and/or any strength in depth, especially through the spine of the team. Up front we’re not too bad, but a decent winger with end product would be very welcome.

We went up with Beattie and Pintado remember. But had a solid spine and midfield to build on and control games.

We went up with Borini and Sinclair.
Sousa just missed the playoffs offs with the duffers and a captain doing his best to keep us down.
'Up front we’re not too bad, but a decent winger with end product would be very welcome. '

Need to get some consistency on the wings (Ayew and Celina are not wngerand sticks with Borja up front.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 19:55 - Dec 26 with 2106 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 19:42 - Dec 26 by Badlands

We went up with Borini and Sinclair.
Sousa just missed the playoffs offs with the duffers and a captain doing his best to keep us down.
'Up front we’re not too bad, but a decent winger with end product would be very welcome. '

Need to get some consistency on the wings (Ayew and Celina are not wngerand sticks with Borja up front.

Yep, although there’s a good argument for Ayew being our star man as Sinclair was, and the Celina we know from last year is at least the player Borini was (who barely played before Xmas). And then we’ve still got Surridge and Baston, who are better than our CFs in the promotion year.

I think the problem is behind the front line (and primarily the manager/coaching staff), but it’s only an opinion.
The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 20:21 - Dec 26 with 2020 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 19:55 - Dec 26 by LeonWasGod

Yep, although there’s a good argument for Ayew being our star man as Sinclair was, and the Celina we know from last year is at least the player Borini was (who barely played before Xmas). And then we’ve still got Surridge and Baston, who are better than our CFs in the promotion year.

I think the problem is behind the front line (and primarily the manager/coaching staff), but it’s only an opinion.

The problem is, and has been all season, the middle of the park.

A good midfield is both support for your forward line and your first line of defence. It's the sinews and ligaments that hold a team together, and we simply don't have the quality in there. Brentford marched through us with the same ease they did in the game down here as a direct result.

Byers simply isn't good enough. Grimes was a tad overrated last season but has regressed massively from even that. Fulton rarely starts, and in any case isn't all that. Carroll is about the best of them, which tells you all you need to know.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 20:25 - Dec 26 with 2001 viewsoldcob

The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 20:21 - Dec 26 by Dr_Winston

A good midfield is both support for your forward line and your first line of defence. It's the sinews and ligaments that hold a team together, and we simply don't have the quality in there. Brentford marched through us with the same ease they did in the game down here as a direct result.

Byers simply isn't good enough. Grimes was a tad overrated last season but has regressed massively from even that. Fulton rarely starts, and in any case isn't all that. Carroll is about the best of them, which tells you all you need to know.

You are right. Our strikers never get ball to feet, they always have to chase balls played too far in front of them.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 20:30 - Dec 26 with 1966 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 20:25 - Dec 26 by oldcob

You are right. Our strikers never get ball to feet, they always have to chase balls played too far in front of them.

Well that is a new one.
I always thought that strikers liked to "run on to the ball".
The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 20:32 - Dec 26 with 1954 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 17:29 - Dec 26 by icecoldjack

I dont care what anyone says about Ayew, the absolute plums on him to go into a 60/40 with the keeper and defender to score a goal knowing injury is a real possibility, well, it makes you wonder about the attitude of some other players.

I actually winced when I saw it, brave as fook fair play to him, he deserves far better than the clowns playing around him, if he's playing for a move then quite frankly I wish him well because he deserves it.

Game after game looks the only one busting a gut to get a win, the rest of the team look too afraid to even try a forward pass let alone put a career on the line to go in on the keeper and come out on top.

Brave guy fair play to him, earning his wages week after week.

If some of our other players showed as much dedication to the cause we’d be in much better shape.
I had some proper goes about André and the manner of his departure but I’ve eaten them for breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper. He couldn’t do any more . Titan of a player.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 20:34 - Dec 26 with 1948 views34dfgdf54

The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 20:25 - Dec 26 by oldcob

Surridge did a few times today but he had a trampoline on his boot.
The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 21:04 - Dec 26 with 1872 viewsdameedna

We were in this game. Would have been better to stop Brentford scoring in the first half. 3 points off 3rd. Not quite good enough but nothing to whinge about incessently. Dissapointing but we will keep going. We were outplayed at home by the Bees where all their adventure paid off for them. I would argue we are improving and pushed them hard this time. We are hardly a billy big bollox club.
The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 21:04 - Dec 26 with 1868 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 20:21 - Dec 26 by Dr_Winston

Agreed . I don’t think Brentford were even that good TBH, our ponderous decision making and giving the ball away handed them the initiative and then the game. Their second goal was very good but we managed to get back into the game and were pushing but ran out of ideas. Then we commit collective suicide again and game over.

We can’t be too unkind to a very young and inexperienced centre back pairing that were let down by the midfield in front of them. Carroll didn’t deserved to be hooked, one has to ask how the hell Byers can’t translate his obviously stellar training performances onto the pitch on match days. Gash

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 21:11 - Dec 26 with 1847 viewsdameedna

Our midfield is okay. I would be looking at Ayew to play striker and help to open up the game more and keep possession.
The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 21:14 - Dec 26 with 1833 viewsFireboy2

The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 21:11 - Dec 26 by dameedna

Our midfield is okay. I would be looking at Ayew to play striker and help to open up the game more and keep possession.

Midfield ok?
The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 22:04 - Dec 26 with 1696 viewsPentyrchJack

I went to the match and feel disappointed for the fabulous travelling support because the team were poor again apart from Ayew, Grimes and Cabango.

I don't know what they practice in training but it clearly isn't working when it matters and I'm surprised that Cooper hasn't changed the system. Everyone can see that Ayew and Celina are wasted on the wing, while Surridge and Barton are wasted up front when Ayew and Celina are on the wing because they can't provide the service.

Why we aren't starting with Fulton, Naughton, Baston and John is beyond me as we need experience and heft because Byers, Carroll and McKay are like powder puffs.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 22:15 - Dec 26 with 1666 viewsoldcob

The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 20:30 - Dec 26 by A_Fans_Dad

Well that is a new one.
I always thought that strikers liked to "run on to the ball".

Yes, a sprint. Not having to have to do middle distance running.
The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 22:22 - Dec 26 with 1642 views34dfgdf54

The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 21:11 - Dec 26 by dameedna

Our midfield is ok? You surely must be joking
The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 22:33 - Dec 26 with 1604 viewsbuilthjack

We were very poor first half, just not at the races.
Some blame with Cooper, some with the players. On the whole, not good enough.
We had a 20 minute decent spell second half, but we are weak in so many places.
No investment in the team, they have robbed all the riches.
Great support yet again.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 22:40 - Dec 26 with 1579 viewsTNT

Ayew is taking responsibility for his own performance.

Others take note, ffs.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 22:42 - Dec 26 with 1573 viewsTNT

You're right Builth…

… great support once again.

The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 22:44 - Dec 26 with 1566 viewsTNT

If they're keeping the next away league win until 12th Jan, crack on.

The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 22:49 - Dec 26 with 1544 viewsmahoss

Watched the game.
We are too slow in everything we do,it’s like watching football by numbers, don’t know what’s gone wrong but it’s rubbish to watch.
We’re going nowhere at the moment I’m afraid to say.........
The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 22:50 - Dec 26 with 1536 viewsFireboy2

The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 22:44 - Dec 26 by TNT

Our next away game matey, my eldest cant wait for his first derby.
The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 23:02 - Dec 26 with 1501 viewslonglostjack

The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 22:44 - Dec 26 by TNT

Glad you inserted the word “league” there TNT ;-) !

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024