Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Princes Charles, man of the people 👍 13:56 - Mar 25 with 2606 viewsNotLoyal

Has contracted a mild form of the virus to cover up his brothers misdoings.
Good on him.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52033845

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Princes Charles, man of the people 👍 on 12:26 - Mar 26 with 497 viewsNotLoyal

Princes Charles, man of the people 👍 on 07:57 - Mar 26 by chad

Wasn’t it said given his age, location and symptoms, that he qualified for the test the same as anyone else in those circumstances?

I bet he went to his local nhs trust after making his own phone calls and arranging his own transport.
Man of the people.

OK I've changed it.

Princes Charles, man of the people 👍 on 12:28 - Mar 26 with 487 viewsNotLoyal

Princes Charles, man of the people 👍 on 11:39 - Mar 26 by Catullus

I wouldn't either. I'd abolish the Monarchy but even saying that I can respect the Queen because I genuinely believe she loves this country and sees herself as much its servant as anything. She carried on working out of a sense of duty until she physically couldn't do it anymore, at the other end of the scale we have her sons, Andrew and Edward a pair of W anchors of massive proportions.

I’m still trying to get rid of the image of Will Carling hanging out of Di.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2020 12:29]

OK I've changed it.

Princes Charles, man of the people 👍 on 12:28 - Mar 26 with 487 viewsHighjack

Princes Charles, man of the people 👍 on 11:39 - Mar 26 by Catullus

I wouldn't either. I'd abolish the Monarchy but even saying that I can respect the Queen because I genuinely believe she loves this country and sees herself as much its servant as anything. She carried on working out of a sense of duty until she physically couldn't do it anymore, at the other end of the scale we have her sons, Andrew and Edward a pair of W anchors of massive proportions.

Yeah there lies the problem. Old Liz has done a great job in fairness while a lot of her extended family have acted quite deplorably. Now I’m no monarchist, I’m no republican either. I just love the history of it. The personalities, the situations, the plot, it’s far more interesting and fantastical than anything the likes of game of thrones could come up with. And it would be a shame to get rid of it simply because we’d be shutting the book on a story that still has a lot to tell for school kids hundreds of years from now.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Princes Charles, man of the people 👍 on 12:40 - Mar 26 with 464 viewsFireboy2

Princes Charles, man of the people 👍 on 10:38 - Mar 26 by Highjack

No doubt, but here’s a poser. Would you want to swap lives with the Queen? I wouldn’t. For all the privilege, wealth and palaces and banquets they can’t live anything like a normal life. The freedoms we enjoy they simply can’t do without being scrutinised, photographed and filmed by a thousand cameras. Everything they do is under the spotlight.

I sure as hell couldn't live like that.

And all her predecessors had to live under the sword of Damocles, many were murdered or overthrown, died in battle or faced the constant threat of revolution or execution. Would you swap your life for theirs?

Even Henry VIII, who had ultimate power and wealth, his pick of all the women in the world, every material items he could possibly desire lived and died as a deeply disturbed, miserable, bitter and twisted man.

It’s no wonder they are all so f*cked up and dysfunctional.

No I definitely wouldnt HJ.

But imo there shouldnt be a monarchy to be put in that position.

But that's just my opinion, an opinion I've had since 1977, i dont want to bother explaining as some people would jump over me, ateotd it's their choice and I respect it so I'd like people to respect mine.
Princes Charles, man of the people 👍 on 13:38 - Mar 26 with 448 viewsHighjack

Princes Charles, man of the people 👍 on 12:40 - Mar 26 by Fireboy2

No I definitely wouldnt HJ.

But imo there shouldnt be a monarchy to be put in that position.

But that's just my opinion, an opinion I've had since 1977, i dont want to bother explaining as some people would jump over me, ateotd it's their choice and I respect it so I'd like people to respect mine.

You don’t need to explain. I’m fully aware it’s a complete anachronism. It’s probably been an anachronism since 1689, maybe even earlier.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024