Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not good 12:58 - Apr 9 with 3695 viewspikeypaul

With the restrictions on FOBTs coming in last year and paving the way for 1000s of shops around the country to close things look grim for them, I can see this virus being the second bullet ending the days of a vast amount more.

People tend not to go back to habitual practices when introduced to alternatives, especially when the alternatives are far easier and offer greater value.

The majority of betting shop customers are the older non tech savvy person who’s numbers naturally decrease as the years go by.

Social distancing will go on by some for a very long time after government guidelines have passed,and many customers would have been forced down the online route to place a bet, never to return to a shop that’s inconvenient and time consuming.

Bricks and mortar customers are massively more expensive for the company than the click customer .

If I were a high street bookmaking till operator I would start looking for a new job.
[Post edited 8 May 2020 0:47]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

High Street Bookmakers grim future. on 18:42 - Apr 15 with 954 viewslonglostjack

High Street Bookmakers grim future. on 18:10 - Apr 15 by Pegojack

FFS!

I agree with Pikey Paul!

Quick, somebody phone the doctor.

Maybe Pikey’s had a bump on the head bless him. It’s not like him to talk sense.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

High Street Bookmakers grim future. on 19:36 - Apr 15 with 939 viewsGlastonbury

They get better pay at the likes of Aldi
High Street Bookmakers grim future. on 19:51 - Apr 15 with 926 viewsBillyChong

Bookies will be unstaffed with all self service machines. Coral have had them a while.
High Street Bookmakers grim future. on 22:52 - Apr 15 with 897 viewspikeypaul

High Street Bookmakers grim future. on 19:36 - Apr 15 by Glastonbury

They get better pay at the likes of Aldi

Probably true,but the staff at Aldi and the like deserve more since they have a brain,the monkeys on the tills at the bookies are brain dead 'computer says no' merchants, not allowed to do anything without getting authorisation over the phone from a manager,in the near future when most shops are totally unviable the types who work in the shops will find it very hard to find a job offering over minimum wage.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

High Street Bookmakers grim future. on 23:19 - Apr 15 with 883 viewsBest_loser

High Street Bookmakers grim future. on 22:52 - Apr 15 by pikeypaul

Probably true,but the staff at Aldi and the like deserve more since they have a brain,the monkeys on the tills at the bookies are brain dead 'computer says no' merchants, not allowed to do anything without getting authorisation over the phone from a manager,in the near future when most shops are totally unviable the types who work in the shops will find it very hard to find a job offering over minimum wage.

You don't sound a bit like someone who lost a lot of money in betting shops over the years

😁
High Street Bookmakers grim future. on 09:17 - Apr 16 with 823 viewspikeypaul

I’ve not bet in one for over 15 years, since Betfair has come about there is no reason to, why would I bet with a over round when I can get a near 100% book on BF and not have the till monkey phone management to get a decent bet on?

If it were not for the mugs playing the FOBTs virtually all would have closed years ago.

I do pop in occasionally just to read the racing post or watch a particular race if I am near one but that’s all.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2020 9:19]

High Street Bookmakers grim future. on 13:45 - May 7 with 732 viewspikeypaul

William Hill now also confirm they won’t be re opening their Swansea city centre shops along with Paddy Power whose management say they will close its Swansea shop.

Not looking good, behind the seen middle management will be OK but you have to fear for the front line till monkeys.
[Post edited 7 May 2020 13:46]

High Street Bookmakers grim future. on 14:51 - May 7 with 685 viewsblackpooljack

High Street Bookmakers grim future. on 13:45 - May 7 by pikeypaul

William Hill now also confirm they won’t be re opening their Swansea city centre shops along with Paddy Power whose management say they will close its Swansea shop.

Not looking good, behind the seen middle management will be OK but you have to fear for the front line till monkeys.

Are those the same " till monkeys" that would spell seen as scene. ?
Login to get fewer ads

High Street Bookmakers grim future. on 14:55 - May 7 with 681 viewslondonlisa2001

High Street Bookmakers grim future. on 14:51 - May 7 by blackpooljack

Are those the same " till monkeys" that would spell seen as scene. ?

It always makes me smile that pikey seems to hate Paddy Power while praising betfair who are, after all, Paddy Power.
High Street Bookmakers grim future. on 16:56 - May 7 with 656 viewsBillyChong

High Street Bookmakers grim future. on 09:17 - Apr 16 by pikeypaul

I’ve not bet in one for over 15 years, since Betfair has come about there is no reason to, why would I bet with a over round when I can get a near 100% book on BF and not have the till monkey phone management to get a decent bet on?

If it were not for the mugs playing the FOBTs virtually all would have closed years ago.

I do pop in occasionally just to read the racing post or watch a particular race if I am near one but that’s all.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2020 9:19]

You’ve not been in one for 15 years but pop in occasionally to watch a race?
High Street Bookmakers grim future. on 23:43 - May 7 with 605 viewspikeypaul

Bet and been

Please pay attention son.

High Street Bookmakers grim future. on 23:45 - May 7 with 601 viewspikeypaul

High Street Bookmakers grim future. on 14:55 - May 7 by londonlisa2001

It always makes me smile that pikey seems to hate Paddy Power while praising betfair who are, after all, Paddy Power.

Yes both are part of Flutter but entirely different platforms and concepts.

Besides I have nothing against PP in fact they are one of the better ones but all the high street bookies are the same,parasites feeding off the clueless mugs that bet in them.

OUT

AFLI
[Post edited 8 May 2020 0:02]

High Street Bookmakers grim future. on 23:52 - May 7 with 581 viewsSwanjaxs

High Street Bookmakers grim future. on 13:45 - May 7 by pikeypaul

By "till monkeys" do you mean someone who is earning an honest days living to put food on thier families tables?

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Not good on 07:11 - May 8 with 535 viewsdickythorpe

The "till monkeys" have put themselves in harms way.
So many were initially happy to be furloughed as they were safe.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024