Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
DVLA query 15:02 - Apr 14 with 6852 viewsBarrySwan

Don't know if any of the DVLA bods on here are able to answer this query from someone on a motor forum that I frequent.

Understandably the chap has been having a bit of trouble getting a response through the normal channels. His query is:-

"Is there any way of tracing the owner of a particular reg plate?

Been looking for a personal plate the perfect plate would be D34NNA. Looking it up it's registered to a 1987 Austin, most likely the original plate that car was registered with. However the car hasn't been MOT'd since 1998.

Does anyone know if there is any way of tracing the owner of the plate? Assuming the car still exists. And if the car is scrapped, is it still possible to purchase the reg from DVLA?

Thank you for any advice that may be forthcoming
DVLA query on 19:18 - Apr 14 with 1389 viewsexiledclaseboy

DVLA query on 19:03 - Apr 14 by chad

Thank you I was going mad punching combinations into the MOT checker, thought I had done that one early on but tried again and bingo.

Used to love the fact we called them cherished marks

Still are called that in many circles.

Poll: Tory leader

DVLA query on 19:23 - Apr 14 with 1380 viewsNeath_Jack

DVLA query on 16:59 - Apr 14 by Darran

Oh right. 👀

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

DVLA query on 19:47 - Apr 14 with 1361 viewsbuilthjack

👀

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

DVLA query on 19:57 - Apr 14 with 1347 viewsWxmJax

The police up here stop bikes at weekends and do them for having incorrect spacing on their number plates. Never heard of them stopping a car though.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

DVLA query on 20:03 - Apr 14 with 1339 viewschad

DVLA query on 19:18 - Apr 14 by exiledclaseboy

Still are called that in many circles.

Just sold our bog standard 51 reg mark V70 with well over 300k miles on clock, lovely family car that saw our kids through to adulthood. Did consider retaining the reg for sentimentality. That would have been a cherished transfer. But Warwick correct my penis indiscernible.
DVLA query on 20:40 - Apr 14 with 1298 viewsWarwickHunt

DVLA query on 15:54 - Apr 14 by gadgetuk

It's a shame really as it's attached to a car last driven in 2012 - I've always been amazed they never sold the plate as it is rather unique.

They’re all unique, you daft twät.
DVLA query on 20:41 - Apr 14 with 1297 viewsWarwickHunt

DVLA query on 20:03 - Apr 14 by chad

Just sold our bog standard 51 reg mark V70 with well over 300k miles on clock, lovely family car that saw our kids through to adulthood. Did consider retaining the reg for sentimentality. That would have been a cherished transfer. But Warwick correct my penis indiscernible.

Glad to hear it. As if a third nipple wasn’t kinky enough...
DVLA query on 20:47 - Apr 14 with 1282 viewsBarrySwan

DVLA query on 19:11 - Apr 14 by exiledclaseboy

“Not totally true any more. Any plates of cars seized by the Police for whatever reason and any registrations whose retention certificates have not been renewed are retained by the DVLA and can be bought. In fact all retained numbers on 18th December 2019 whose retention certificates had expired were taken back by the DVLA to be re-sold. Typically they did this without any warning to owners - I picked it up in Classic Car Weekly just in time!'

He’s wrong. Almost completely.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2020 19:17]

Thank you once again I'll convey the latest advice.
Login to get fewer ads

DVLA query on 20:50 - Apr 14 with 1279 viewsexiledclaseboy

DVLA query on 20:47 - Apr 14 by BarrySwan

Thank you once again I'll convey the latest advice.

Tell him to read the article he referred to in Classic Car Weekly properly.

Poll: Tory leader

DVLA query on 21:35 - Apr 14 with 1252 viewsGaryjack

DVLA query on 20:40 - Apr 14 by WarwickHunt

They’re all unique, you daft twät.

DVLA query on 21:58 - Apr 14 with 1218 viewskarnataka

DVLA query on 16:17 - Apr 14 by Darran

I don’t give a fuçk what anyone says I love mine.

I thought you'd have FUK 1M
DVLA query on 23:21 - Apr 14 with 1180 viewsDJack

DVLA query on 19:03 - Apr 14 by chad

Thank you I was going mad punching combinations into the MOT checker, thought I had done that one early on but tried again and bingo.

Used to love the fact we called them cherished marks

"marks" is what the DVLA call the owners.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

DVLA query on 23:54 - Apr 14 with 1156 viewsDarran

DVLA query on 21:58 - Apr 14 by karnataka

I thought you'd have FUK 1M

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

DVLA query on 08:35 - Apr 15 with 1088 viewschad

DVLA query on 23:21 - Apr 14 by DJack

"marks" is what the DVLA call the owners.

I imagine what the divlics call the keepers is protected by the Official Secrets Act
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024