Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shoot, dandy, beano. 08:07 - Jun 3 with 4855 viewsqpr_1968

what comics/magazines was you brought up on as a kid.

football it had to be shoot.
music, at school it was popswap and teens upwards, melodymaker.
fun comics, dandy and the beano regular.....few others now and again.

remember coming back from Norwich one year on the coach, a couple scousers lent me a magazine to read, wiz or viz can't remember the actual name, I was I bit older then, but remember one character in it called, I think fat slag....how times had changed.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Shoot, dandy, beano. on 22:02 - Jun 4 with 749 viewsqpr_1968

Shoot, dandy, beano. on 21:56 - Jun 4 by komradkirk

Was there a magazine called GOAL maybe very late sixties ?
My mate always got it,we couldn't afford it.

I had Beano and Dandy every week and "Oor Wiullie" and "The Broons" annuals at Christmas.
Must have been our Jock ancestors coming through.

yes, remember goal.

Shoot, dandy, beano. on 23:33 - Jun 4 with 725 viewsSnipper

Used to get The Beano every Tuesday from about the age of 6. Also the annuals every year too for a while.
I always called Dennis the Menace’s dog G-nasher by pronouncing the G. I still do to this day, and I’m 53 now.
My mate was into Whizzer & Chips and Whoopee, so I’d read his. Whoopee always had a knock knock joke on the second last page.
Football mag was usually Shoot, but used to get Match Weekly too. There was another football mag in the early 80s called Scoop. A geezer in our class used to buy it. It wasn’t out too long though.
I’d love to read those Beano annuals again.
Shoot, dandy, beano. on 14:49 - Jun 5 with 652 viewsMickS_

http://www.tonystrading.co.uk/galleries/annuals/beano.htm

Pick your year. By the way I’m not Tony.
Shoot, dandy, beano. on 15:05 - Jun 5 with 631 viewsqpr_1968

does anyone remember the yearly "all stars annual" football book, usually came out around Christmas, I know it started in the 60's, and the last one I got was in 1975, just wandered if they were still going, or are now obsolete.

Shoot, dandy, beano. on 14:35 - Jun 7 with 573 viewsTGRRRSSS

The Beano and the odd football magazine here and there but never into it especially (comics in general)

Looking back now though I can imagine the Beano today would be very different.

Dennis with his catapult and hi friend Pie Face and Curly??? and his enemy Walter the Softy - not to mention the threat of the Slipper even at a time when probably it was more or less illegal (90's).

At that time he was portrayed in a bad light but did things which probably today could be portrayed as homophobic against Walter...

I know they changed Dennis and he went to look less menacing and much younger.

Gnasher would have been long put down of course for all the biting he did.

Dennis and the Bash Street Kids would all have ASBO's today (or whatever they call them) and most probably on all sorts of drugs prescribed by Psychiatrists etc

I've seen the Beano is still sold in shops amazingly but not read one in years and years
Shoot, dandy, beano. on 16:28 - Jun 7 with 554 viewsrsonist

Shoot, dandy, beano. on 14:35 - Jun 7 by TGRRRSSS

The Beano and the odd football magazine here and there but never into it especially (comics in general)

Looking back now though I can imagine the Beano today would be very different.

Dennis with his catapult and hi friend Pie Face and Curly??? and his enemy Walter the Softy - not to mention the threat of the Slipper even at a time when probably it was more or less illegal (90's).

At that time he was portrayed in a bad light but did things which probably today could be portrayed as homophobic against Walter...

I know they changed Dennis and he went to look less menacing and much younger.

Gnasher would have been long put down of course for all the biting he did.

Dennis and the Bash Street Kids would all have ASBO's today (or whatever they call them) and most probably on all sorts of drugs prescribed by Psychiatrists etc

I've seen the Beano is still sold in shops amazingly but not read one in years and years

Think Rees-Mogg has ensured Walter remains okay to bully.
Shoot, dandy, beano. on 17:28 - Jun 7 with 531 viewsDorse

Action.
2000AD (still read it)

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024