Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread 09:59 - Jun 27 with 20237 viewsdavman

Someone's gotta do it...

It's football, Jim, but not as we know it...

Was hopeful we'd be just 4 points off the playoffs on the back on a sound performance last week, but no, we are still QPR. Barnsley not won at HQ for 50 years, come on down. Tomer Hemed, rubbish all year, no goals, come on down.

An inevitable L if we roll up like last week; let's hope we don't. Either way, suspect it will be dull like watching an u23 stream in the background whilst working from home.

1-1 we score first, good ol BOS.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 14:33 - Jun 27 with 1968 viewsactonman

Absolute fcuking dogsh!t
Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 14:34 - Jun 27 with 1946 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Not great, but far from the worst m.

Bettache a highlight.
Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 14:34 - Jun 27 with 1941 viewsqprxtc

Let’s take the positives.

We weren’t allowed to be there.
Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 14:34 - Jun 27 with 1944 viewsStanisgod

Yet again lose by awful non defending at a cross.
Teams look like their going to score every time they put the ball in.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 14:35 - Jun 27 with 1920 viewsflynnbo

Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 14:34 - Jun 27 by qprxtc

Let’s take the positives.

We weren’t allowed to be there.

And we're not helping Lootown.
Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 14:35 - Jun 27 with 1910 viewsPinnerPaul

Guess who thought KO was 3.00pm??????!!!!!!!

Watched the last 7 mins - doesn't sound like I missed much reading this thread!
Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 14:37 - Jun 27 with 1836 viewsqprxtc

This new normal seems very familiar.
Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 14:37 - Jun 27 with 1838 viewsLongsufferingR

Well, at least Bettache and Oteh showed the right attitude when they came on.
Login to get fewer ads

Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 14:39 - Jun 27 with 1786 viewsHunterhoop

Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 14:33 - Jun 27 by kropotkin41

Be interesting to say what Mr Warburton says about this.

Absolutely dreadful that. The players are not fit. It's blindingly apparent. We are slow, in possession, out of possession, and individually.

I'd like Warburton to come out and say the players aren't fit. It's unacceptable. And dock them a week's wages as a result. Show some teeth.

Also, if this is all we're going to get from Hugill, end the loan now. Better off playing with no centre forward than paying him to be utterly useless.

Kane looked like he hadn't played football before when he came on.
Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 14:45 - Jun 27 with 1693 viewsjoe90

Looks like the computer did me a favour!

We've clearly given up on this season, which is so stupid as there is plenty to play for. Also, it's about having a winning mindset, which takes practice and isn't about making excuses or writing off games. If we can't do it now, what do they think will change in a few weeks or months? Other players/teams are up for it, so why not us? It's a bloody joke.
Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 14:46 - Jun 27 with 1670 viewsLblock

Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 14:33 - Jun 27 by kropotkin41

Be interesting to say what Mr Warburton says about this.

“We defend from the front”

His old chestnut

To be fair today he’d be right as it looked like we had defenders up front doing Charltons job for them.

Yet another gutless, spineless, limp effort in finishing the season.
Absolute clowns top to bottom at this club

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 14:51 - Jun 27 with 1607 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Positives-

A bit better than last week.

Masterson looks a prospect - lots of quality. A few question marks about him but most of those can probably be attributed to a lack of experience which he's now getting.

Chair very good I thought. Intelligence, industry, vision, skill. Excellent.

Solid debut for Faysal Bettache.

Ummm a bit better than last week. Did I mention that?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 14:53 - Jun 27 with 1578 viewsHunterhoop

Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 14:46 - Jun 27 by Lblock

“We defend from the front”

His old chestnut

To be fair today he’d be right as it looked like we had defenders up front doing Charltons job for them.

Yet another gutless, spineless, limp effort in finishing the season.
Absolute clowns top to bottom at this club

That's not quite true, LBlock.

This falls squarely on the players, coaching staff and Warburton. We were second in the form table prior to lockdown...we've had a 3 month break, come back, trained for 4 weeks and we're simply not up to speed. We're unfit, not sharp, and lacking effort and application. Players and coaching staff...that's it. I'd like to see them admit accountability rather than just say "it's not good enough"....explain why and who's at fault. Be honest.
Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 14:55 - Jun 27 with 1566 viewskensalriser

Fair to say the traditional end of season slump is well under way.

Looking forward to northern’s all but impossible path to relegation that goes all the way to the wire.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 14:55 - Jun 27 with 1563 viewsW12Mikey

Not as dire as the performance against Barnsley but still far from what we need. Main impression I take away from the game is that we are just too slow. Players seem to want to receive the ball when standing still and are then content to pass it backwards - an example was Manning late in the game received it completely unmarked on the left but instead of running with it and getting a cross in he passed back into the middle. For a team that has several players blessed with pace and dribbling skills, to be going with endless fruitless “patient build-up play” is far too negative an attitude, especially 1-0 down with a few minutes to play.
Separate but maybe related point is that Warburton’s starting 11s today and against Barnsley were totally predictable, allowing the opposition to prepare a plan to frustrate us, which both teams duly did. Surely we need to give some of the younger hungrier players like Shodipo and Oteh a chance to start rather than throw them on randomly when plan A doesn’t work? That would also make us a bit less predictable.
Finally, Chair was our best player, including good defensive work, and really has the footballing brain to bamboozle tiring defenders. So if Warburton don’t want him to play 90 minutes for fitness reasons (I’m just guessing here) then bring him on at half time (or even before - the 5 subs rule allows managers to think much more creatively).
Incoherent rant over.....
Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 14:56 - Jun 27 with 1551 viewsed_83

God, that was disappointing. Two games against teams right at the bottom of the table, and this is all we can muster? Been cutting the players some slack but that was painful: unimaginative, half-hearted, error-prone. Might have been a mild improvement on Barnsley, but given we've had longer back in training I think this one's actually harder to accept.

Kelly, Masterson, Chair and Ball gave it a good go, and I thought Amos and Bettache did alright when they came on, but everyone else was somewhere between anonymous and woeful. Did Kane even complete a single pass to a Rangers player when he came on?

I know Hugill's getting plenty of stick, almost all of it deserved, but the quality of service into him has been dreadful too. And the few times he did win something, there was no-one attacking the second ball anyway. Something's gone seriously wrong across the entire attack given how good we were earlier in the season, but I agree that if this is all Hugill's got to offer let's send him back and put Oteh upfront. Can't be any worse.

We need to see a serious shift in the team's motivation and fitness levels otherwise there's every chance we could end up in a relegation scrap. I know we've got a lot of teams below us but I struggle to see where a win's going to come from, and I don't feel remotely comfortable assuming that 50 points will keep us up if a couple of the teams below us go on a run.

Also, if we're looking to get big money for Eze, Bright and / or Manning in the summer, how much are performances like this going to cost us? If I was a Prem scout watching Eze failing to create anything against the likes of Charlton and Barnsley, I wouldn't exactly be rushing to fork out 20 million quid for him in the current economic climate.
Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 15:01 - Jun 27 with 1508 viewsLblock

Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 14:55 - Jun 27 by kensalriser

Fair to say the traditional end of season slump is well under way.

Looking forward to northern’s all but impossible path to relegation that goes all the way to the wire.

Careful

That’s bedwetter talk

All eyes on Hull and Boro
Their results go handy for us and you do the maths as to the gap

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 15:06 - Jun 27 with 1477 viewsBklynRanger

Ah. Early kick off. Yep, didn't forget about that. Love an early kick off; live for the early kick off.

(Looks like some pain has ensued...)
Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 15:34 - Jun 27 with 1353 viewslondonscottish

Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 14:32 - Jun 27 by queensparker

Shite.

Bring back the lockdown

Thank fc8k I got the KO wrong and missed it.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 16:00 - Jun 27 with 1249 viewsGloryHunter

Why WAS it an early kick-off - did we ever find out?
Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 16:17 - Jun 27 with 1196 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Not taking any criticism away from that disjointed performance, but bear in mind we beat Arsenal, Liverpool, and Spurs when we were cornered in a relegation dog fight.

Something to be said about our opponents in Barnsley and Charlton who were clearly motivated.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2020 16:24]
Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 16:20 - Jun 27 with 1181 viewsflynnbo

Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 16:17 - Jun 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

Not taking any criticism away from that disjointed performance, but bear in mind we beat Arsenal, Liverpool, and Spurs when we were cornered in a relegation dog fight.

Something to be said about our opponents in Barnsley and Charlton who were clearly motivated.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2020 16:24]

And Fulham up next, Baz?
Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 16:29 - Jun 27 with 1145 viewstraininvain

Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 14:39 - Jun 27 by Hunterhoop

Absolutely dreadful that. The players are not fit. It's blindingly apparent. We are slow, in possession, out of possession, and individually.

I'd like Warburton to come out and say the players aren't fit. It's unacceptable. And dock them a week's wages as a result. Show some teeth.

Also, if this is all we're going to get from Hugill, end the loan now. Better off playing with no centre forward than paying him to be utterly useless.

Kane looked like he hadn't played football before when he came on.

Surely the manager and coaches need to take some responsibility if the players aren’t fit enough. I think the club’s reaction to the restart date speaks volumes. We were unprepared and I doubt the players can be entirely blamed for the lack of preparation.
Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 16:34 - Jun 27 with 1119 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 16:20 - Jun 27 by flynnbo

And Fulham up next, Baz?

Yeah it’s not looking good for that one is it.
Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 16:40 - Jun 27 with 1090 viewsManinBlack

Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 16:34 - Jun 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

Yeah it’s not looking good for that one is it.

The only hope is that Fulham have a goal difference of minus 5 in their two games, so far, since the restart. It is imperative we score first against them to put doubt in their minds.

Having said that Brentford and Leeds are far superior to Barnsley and Charlton so they have more of an excuse for losing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024