Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ollie 13:21 - Aug 25 with 34136 viewsleedsdale

Ollie on 17:51 - Aug 26 with 3682 viewsfunkkk

Ollie's ok, a decent player but not spectacular IMO. Normally I wouldn't be too upset with him leaving (fee dependant) but having already lost Henderson & Camps it would sting a bit.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2020 19:10]
Ollie on 17:53 - Aug 26 with 3672 viewsfitzochris

Ollie on 17:45 - Aug 26 by James1980

Do NDA's ever get signed as part of a transfer contract?

Yes, but not necessarily bound solely to the details of the transfer itself. It can bind a player to keep shtum about the inner workings of a club after they’ve left, too, for example.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Ollie on 19:16 - Aug 26 with 3502 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Ollie on 17:53 - Aug 26 by fitzochris

Yes, but not necessarily bound solely to the details of the transfer itself. It can bind a player to keep shtum about the inner workings of a club after they’ve left, too, for example.

I assume Mr Henderson did not sign one of those agreements!

DB has tried to be smart and play agents and players by saying we have no money, income is crap etc. It also excuses season ticket rises and encourages season ticket sales.

Now if he and the board have done this, and are strong enough to tell Hull etc to shove their 175k and add ons, ok. To tell them not to believe everything they read and to comeback with a sensible offer, ok, that’s a decent enough strategy.

The problem I have is I don’t necessarily believe DB is smart enough to do this, that we are now skint through paying for hill, his sell on clauses and the pitch.

Our best signing in the close season would be to get an experienced CEO we trust and who understands the fans. Anyone know of one???
[Post edited 26 Aug 2020 20:09]

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Ollie on 23:06 - Aug 26 with 3226 viewsSandyman

Plead "poverty" which, virus or not, is not matching with the exceptional income streams the club got last season. "Poor Little Rochdale" will obviously, with an agents touch, have the vultures hovering for prey. Making this club out to be the poorest, weakest, inadequate specimen in the football world again and again does us no good, wrecks confidence and ambition and lacks honesty .
If the chairman and CEO think RAFC is so pathetic, on their watch, they need to look at themselves and maybe even walk away and let people with positivity and ambition take over. Bottomley loves to go on about this "great" club we have, and then even more often do it down as something weak and feeble and has done for years. "Being in this division is success" etc etc. Sick of their uber-negative whining. RAFC is MUCH better than that. Promote the positives in the club or leave. Oh, somebody who promotes the negative might lose a big wage if he did....
Ollie on 10:39 - Aug 27 with 2871 viewsHopwoodblue

Ollie on 23:06 - Aug 26 by Sandyman

Plead "poverty" which, virus or not, is not matching with the exceptional income streams the club got last season. "Poor Little Rochdale" will obviously, with an agents touch, have the vultures hovering for prey. Making this club out to be the poorest, weakest, inadequate specimen in the football world again and again does us no good, wrecks confidence and ambition and lacks honesty .
If the chairman and CEO think RAFC is so pathetic, on their watch, they need to look at themselves and maybe even walk away and let people with positivity and ambition take over. Bottomley loves to go on about this "great" club we have, and then even more often do it down as something weak and feeble and has done for years. "Being in this division is success" etc etc. Sick of their uber-negative whining. RAFC is MUCH better than that. Promote the positives in the club or leave. Oh, somebody who promotes the negative might lose a big wage if he did....

Let’s see how many times it gets mentioned by Port Vales commentators on Saturday, if they
bang on about it as much as Stockport’s did there’s obviously something being said like someone mentioned on Saturday.
It makes me feel very sad that our club in being portrayed like this to everyone who will listen.
We all know we are not rich but let’s have some dignity for gods sake.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2020 10:57]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Ollie on 10:51 - Aug 27 with 2848 views56years

Ollie on 10:39 - Aug 27 by Hopwoodblue

Let’s see how many times it gets mentioned by Port Vales commentators on Saturday, if they
bang on about it as much as Stockport’s did there’s obviously something being said like someone mentioned on Saturday.
It makes me feel very sad that our club in being portrayed like this to everyone who will listen.
We all know we are not rich but let’s have some dignity for gods sake.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2020 10:57]

I think the idea is to reduce wage demands etc from incoming players/agents. Seems a good idea to me!
We will always sell players, irrespective of our relative financial strength. We have to- to survive- and let the new crop of youngsters come through. We have plenty of experience in our current group of players.
Ollie on 11:25 - Aug 27 with 2778 viewsAtThePeake

Ollie on 10:51 - Aug 27 by 56years

I think the idea is to reduce wage demands etc from incoming players/agents. Seems a good idea to me!
We will always sell players, irrespective of our relative financial strength. We have to- to survive- and let the new crop of youngsters come through. We have plenty of experience in our current group of players.

But how will those agents react now they've seen us rejecting bids?

If I'm an agent I'm thinking - hang on, if you want my player so badly you could have accepted the bid for Rathbone and paid my player the wage he wants rather than trying to lowball us because you're 'skint'.

Tangled up in blue.

Ollie on 16:15 - Aug 27 with 2445 views56years

Ollie on 11:25 - Aug 27 by AtThePeake

But how will those agents react now they've seen us rejecting bids?

If I'm an agent I'm thinking - hang on, if you want my player so badly you could have accepted the bid for Rathbone and paid my player the wage he wants rather than trying to lowball us because you're 'skint'.

However if the club sell Ollie too ‘cheap’, the Board will be roundly criticised for that too, and the agent will definitely know that we have funds available!
Why pretend the club is in a strong financial position when it clearly can’t be, however that doesn’t mean being a soft touch in the transfer market.
Login to get fewer ads

Ollie on 16:19 - Aug 27 with 2433 viewsmikehunt

Bottom line is we need Ollie and he shouldn’t be let go (if we can help it) until a proven replacement is found.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Ollie on 16:39 - Aug 27 with 2386 viewsnordenblue

Ollie on 16:19 - Aug 27 by mikehunt

Bottom line is we need Ollie and he shouldn’t be let go (if we can help it) until a proven replacement is found.

We've not bothered with that idea so far,can't see it starting now....when someone charges in with an "undisclosed" amount a hand will be waiting to shake on it
Ollie on 17:03 - Aug 27 with 2336 viewsNorthernDale

I totally agree, when somebody comes in with a decent bid or as described by the Dale board 'undisclosed', we will sell him and pretend our squad is strong enough to cope.

What worries me with a week to go the our first competitive game, away at Huddersfield, we have, excluding the new keeper (who as apparently only played league football for Shamrock Rovers), we have something like 13 senior pros, and the rest being kids.

So at the moment, we cannot afford to let anyone go, especially Rathbone.
Ollie on 18:12 - Aug 27 with 2172 viewsMass_Debater

Ollie on 17:03 - Aug 27 by NorthernDale

I totally agree, when somebody comes in with a decent bid or as described by the Dale board 'undisclosed', we will sell him and pretend our squad is strong enough to cope.

What worries me with a week to go the our first competitive game, away at Huddersfield, we have, excluding the new keeper (who as apparently only played league football for Shamrock Rovers), we have something like 13 senior pros, and the rest being kids.

So at the moment, we cannot afford to let anyone go, especially Rathbone.

Bet BBM hasn't thought of that.
Ollie on 20:13 - Aug 27 with 1886 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Ollie on 18:12 - Aug 27 by Mass_Debater

Bet BBM hasn't thought of that.

It’s the same old story though, Bottomley claiming we are skint and hard times ahead etc. The only potential benefit is flogging more season tickets to the loyal fans happy to pay money up front, even though they may not see the full season if we have another outbreak and will miss a number of live games as it is.

I have not checked which home games won’t have a crowd (obviously it could be extended) but let’s say 3, add to that the season ticket price increase and the overall cost has gone up around 50% for a season ticket!

We get fed half stories and half truths, agents know what we pay players and what we are willing to pay now, does Bottomley think they don’t talk to each other? It’s not difficult to find out what a player is earning.

If we are skint then tell us why Bottomley, or go do something your good at, setting the prices of Lego to shops maybe, although I doubt they would want you!

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Ollie on 20:40 - Aug 27 with 1809 viewsTVOS1907

Ollie on 20:13 - Aug 27 by Thacks_Rabbits

It’s the same old story though, Bottomley claiming we are skint and hard times ahead etc. The only potential benefit is flogging more season tickets to the loyal fans happy to pay money up front, even though they may not see the full season if we have another outbreak and will miss a number of live games as it is.

I have not checked which home games won’t have a crowd (obviously it could be extended) but let’s say 3, add to that the season ticket price increase and the overall cost has gone up around 50% for a season ticket!

We get fed half stories and half truths, agents know what we pay players and what we are willing to pay now, does Bottomley think they don’t talk to each other? It’s not difficult to find out what a player is earning.

If we are skint then tell us why Bottomley, or go do something your good at, setting the prices of Lego to shops maybe, although I doubt they would want you!

Portsmouth is currently the only home game without a crowd and season ticket holders can watch all home games on iFollow for free while there are crowd restrictions.

We are the same position as every other club in that regard and probably have the cheapest season tickets in League One.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2020 20:48]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Ollie on 20:43 - Aug 27 with 1795 viewsDaleiLama

Ollie on 20:13 - Aug 27 by Thacks_Rabbits

As things stand, there will only be 1 home game behind closed doors, so 22 out of 23 available to SC holders. The club can be criticised for a lot of things within their control, but the number of games fans can attend isn't one of them. And as per this season, refunds could be offered if the season has to be foreshortened again.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Ollie on 20:57 - Aug 27 with 1740 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Ollie on 20:43 - Aug 27 by DaleiLama

As things stand, there will only be 1 home game behind closed doors, so 22 out of 23 available to SC holders. The club can be criticised for a lot of things within their control, but the number of games fans can attend isn't one of them. And as per this season, refunds could be offered if the season has to be foreshortened again.

1 game is not a great deal in all honesty, assuming that’s all that is missed. It does mean the equivalent of a 4.5% rise in season ticket prices though, on top of the existing rise (though if streamed I guess that could be seen as less)

I accept a refund may be offered if we lose more games, but that’s not for 12m or so. I just think we need more openness from the club and stop being treated like mushrooms and a complication, except when it suits them.

Ollie on 20:59 - Aug 27 with 1727 viewsTVOS1907

Ollie on 20:57 - Aug 27 by Thacks_Rabbits

1 game is not a great deal in all honesty, assuming that’s all that is missed. It does mean the equivalent of a 4.5% rise in season ticket prices though, on top of the existing rise (though if streamed I guess that could be seen as less)

I accept a refund may be offered if we lose more games, but that’s not for 12m or so. I just think we need more openness from the club and stop being treated like mushrooms and a complication, except when it suits them.

How, exactly, haven't they been open with fans over the season ticket/Covid/crowd restrictions situation?
[Post edited 27 Aug 2020 21:00]

Ollie on 21:05 - Aug 27 with 1705 views442Dale

Ollie on 20:57 - Aug 27 by Thacks_Rabbits

Everything else aside, the way the club have handled the season tickets and planning for fans to return to games has been pretty good so far. The prices going up was expected, if anything it probably should have happened last season if finances were an issue, and they’re still a decent price.

Yes, there are concerns around ensuring the squad is as competitive as it can be and that the club should be accountable and transparent as to where we stand, but there can be few complaints at how they’ve dealt with the season tickets situation in such uncertain times.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Ollie on 21:15 - Aug 27 with 1656 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Ollie on 20:59 - Aug 27 by TVOS1907

How, exactly, haven't they been open with fans over the season ticket/Covid/crowd restrictions situation?
[Post edited 27 Aug 2020 21:00]

Totally open re the COVID games situation, but it is still 1 less game which does equate to a 4.5 percent rise. I am not blaming them for that but it is still an increase in real terms.

It’s like a club going up to the premier League and saying we are only increasing season ticket prices by 30% due to your loyalty etc. In real terms your paying 50% more per game.

Ollie on 21:20 - Aug 27 with 1627 viewsisitme

Ollie on 21:15 - Aug 27 by Thacks_Rabbits

Totally open re the COVID games situation, but it is still 1 less game which does equate to a 4.5 percent rise. I am not blaming them for that but it is still an increase in real terms.

It’s like a club going up to the premier League and saying we are only increasing season ticket prices by 30% due to your loyalty etc. In real terms your paying 50% more per game.

I suspect that most people who have bought season tickets understand this anyway, without having to be told.

Regarding the behind closed doors home game season ticket holders can stream the game as part of their season ticket anyway.
Ollie on 21:38 - Aug 27 with 1553 viewsTVOS1907

Ollie on 21:15 - Aug 27 by Thacks_Rabbits

And I'm sure every fan who has bought a season ticket is well aware of that, while also recognising the club have done their best to be fair and open with everyone in the current situation.

I'll also say it again, any home game we can't attend can be watched online by season ticket holders. Granted not every season ticket holder will be online, but I'd wager they know someone who is and who will let them watch the game(s).

Of course it's not the same as being there, but in the absence of a cure for coronavirus being found in the next fortnight, that's where we are at present.

Also, our season ticket prices have been very cheap for the last 2/3 seasons when, remember, we have been playing in League One. I haven't got the figures to hand, but I'd love to know what we were paying in the 2009/10 promotion season for example.

Even if we miss the Portsmouth game, £270/22 for the TDS is £12.27 per match. I bet nobody else in League One has the same value for money for a similar view of games.

Ollie on 21:40 - Aug 27 with 1546 viewsTVOS1907

Ollie on 21:20 - Aug 27 by isitme

I suspect that most people who have bought season tickets understand this anyway, without having to be told.

Regarding the behind closed doors home game season ticket holders can stream the game as part of their season ticket anyway.

A point which keeps getting missed...

Ollie on 21:50 - Aug 27 with 1517 viewsjudd

Ollie on 21:38 - Aug 27 by TVOS1907

And I'm sure every fan who has bought a season ticket is well aware of that, while also recognising the club have done their best to be fair and open with everyone in the current situation.

I'll also say it again, any home game we can't attend can be watched online by season ticket holders. Granted not every season ticket holder will be online, but I'd wager they know someone who is and who will let them watch the game(s).

Of course it's not the same as being there, but in the absence of a cure for coronavirus being found in the next fortnight, that's where we are at present.

Also, our season ticket prices have been very cheap for the last 2/3 seasons when, remember, we have been playing in League One. I haven't got the figures to hand, but I'd love to know what we were paying in the 2009/10 promotion season for example.

Even if we miss the Portsmouth game, £270/22 for the TDS is £12.27 per match. I bet nobody else in League One has the same value for money for a similar view of games.

I really struggle to see the relevance of what other clubs charge. We are not competing for their crowds. We are competing with alternative entertainment streams. It is undeniable that the season ticket price initiative of 3 or 4 seasons ago saw a huge uplift in the numbers sold. I just do not think we sold the offer well enough throughout the borough and further afield. We'll never know how detrimental a 35% price increase has been on sales this season because of the unknown effect of the pandemic, but I'll bet it's cost us.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Ollie on 22:02 - Aug 27 with 1477 viewsTVOS1907

Ollie on 21:50 - Aug 27 by judd

I really struggle to see the relevance of what other clubs charge. We are not competing for their crowds. We are competing with alternative entertainment streams. It is undeniable that the season ticket price initiative of 3 or 4 seasons ago saw a huge uplift in the numbers sold. I just do not think we sold the offer well enough throughout the borough and further afield. We'll never know how detrimental a 35% price increase has been on sales this season because of the unknown effect of the pandemic, but I'll bet it's cost us.

I think it's relevant when we are looking at whether we are value for money compared to other clubs in the same division.

Whether the offer was sold well enough in the past is a different matter and I agree with you on that.

However, it was £333 in the TDS in our promotion season; next season it's 19% cheaper, seven years on and in a higher division. For someone (not you) to use the fact fans might miss one game due to a global pandemic as their latest stick to beat the club with is a bit ridiculous.

Ollie on 22:10 - Aug 27 with 1460 viewsjudd

Ollie on 22:02 - Aug 27 by TVOS1907

I think it's relevant when we are looking at whether we are value for money compared to other clubs in the same division.

Whether the offer was sold well enough in the past is a different matter and I agree with you on that.

However, it was £333 in the TDS in our promotion season; next season it's 19% cheaper, seven years on and in a higher division. For someone (not you) to use the fact fans might miss one game due to a global pandemic as their latest stick to beat the club with is a bit ridiculous.

If we think we can rely on comparisons with prices of other clubs then we should look beyond L1.
If we want to grow and sustain attendances then price will always be an issue.
After the promotion you mention we then went on to a series of fantastic seasons of top half finishes and had to slash prices in order to attract more sales.
Sadly this town has consistently shat on those prepared to run the club and guarantee professional football over the years, but to now revert to more price increases which have clearly failed in recent years is bad business, in my opinion. It's taken the wrong direction.

Poll: What is it to be then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024