Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ollie 13:21 - Aug 25 with 34135 viewsleedsdale

Ollie on 10:24 - Sep 11 with 2139 viewskel

Ollie on 10:18 - Sep 11 by Quigley_dale

Is it Marcus Rasherford?

No clues. I only posted for the attention...
Ollie on 10:29 - Sep 11 with 2094 viewsDalenet

Ollie on 09:39 - Sep 11 by Brierls

Alternatively you could recognise that those in charge have rejected at least two bids (that we know of) for Rathbone and reached an agreement to pay good money to bring Humphrys in.

It shouldn’t be difficult to give credit where credit is due.

I do hope we are not using credit. It will all end in tears
Ollie on 10:38 - Sep 11 with 2040 views1907

Ollie on 10:29 - Sep 11 by Dalenet

I do hope we are not using credit. It will all end in tears

I would imagine that it is incredibly difficult for football clubs to lend money in the present climate. I know first hand that it is very difficult for clubs to open bank accounts, let alone achieve affordable borrowing. Most banks avoid football clubs like the plague.

I would imagine this has been funded by the “rainy day” funds which we will recoup from the mass savings on wages over the course of the season, now we know football is back.
Ollie on 10:47 - Sep 11 with 1992 viewsTVOS1907

Ollie on 10:09 - Sep 11 by kel

Any news on this United striker m8? Seems you wanted everyone to know that business.

Maybe it was Southend United.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Ollie on 10:48 - Sep 11 with 1987 viewsDaleiLama

Ollie on 10:38 - Sep 11 by 1907

I would imagine that it is incredibly difficult for football clubs to lend money in the present climate. I know first hand that it is very difficult for clubs to open bank accounts, let alone achieve affordable borrowing. Most banks avoid football clubs like the plague.

I would imagine this has been funded by the “rainy day” funds which we will recoup from the mass savings on wages over the course of the season, now we know football is back.

Pretty sure it was stated in the last forum by TP that we couldn't borrow from banks at any time, so we had to manage cashflow with no overdraft facility and hence the loan from RMBC to keep our balance positive until other monies came in. My impression at least but happy to be corrected if need be.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Ollie on 10:50 - Sep 11 with 1980 views1907

Ollie on 10:48 - Sep 11 by DaleiLama

Pretty sure it was stated in the last forum by TP that we couldn't borrow from banks at any time, so we had to manage cashflow with no overdraft facility and hence the loan from RMBC to keep our balance positive until other monies came in. My impression at least but happy to be corrected if need be.

I know a fairly senior guy in Handlesbanken (Britain’s number 1 business banker in the recent CMA results) who says they won’t touch football clubs with a barge pole, so we’re probably not on our own there!
Ollie on 10:53 - Sep 11 with 1959 viewsTVOS1907

Ollie on 10:48 - Sep 11 by DaleiLama

Might be an idea to re-read what dalenet was replying to...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Ollie on 10:54 - Sep 11 with 1961 viewsjudd

Ollie on 10:38 - Sep 11 by 1907

Dawson transfer money and season ticket sales should have seen a £1m + cash influx, I would imagine, especially if the reports from that Birmingham newspaper on the Dawson fee is correct.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Login to get fewer ads

Ollie on 11:06 - Sep 11 with 1896 viewskel

Ollie on 10:47 - Sep 11 by TVOS1907

Maybe it was Southend United.

Could be changed to avoid embarrassment I suppose.
Ollie on 11:13 - Sep 11 with 1849 viewsDaleiLama

Ollie on 10:53 - Sep 11 by TVOS1907

Might be an idea to re-read what dalenet was replying to...

Opposite/Adjacent.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Ollie on 13:49 - Sep 11 with 1398 viewsBrierls

Ollie on 09:55 - Sep 11 by SuddenLad

It was reported that whilst Hull were making claims about 'further offers' that no such offers had been made. Make of that what you will. In any case, turning down insufficient, poor value or derisory bids is exactly what should happen.

Getting Stevie Humphreys here is a terrific piece of work and a sound investment in the team. More to follow.....it seems. I have given due credit elsewhere as it happens - more than once - not that it's any of your business.

I don't think Hull made any such claims. BBM commented on one offer from Hull during an interview. Fitzo has proven to be reliable. On the subject of a Blackburn 'bid', Mick Rathbone has himself said that tweet about the medical was not true.

I agree that derisory bids should be turned down, and they are, but that's not the bullshit that's peddled about the CEO and/or board. Darragh MacAnthony has said that our board are hard negotiators, I think he'd know an awful lot more than fans with an axe to grind.

I also agree that getting Humphrys (to be confirmed officially!) is a great bit of business, so why the need to try and nullify that feel-good factor by suggesting its been financed by the (non) sale of Rathbone? It's almost like you have to claw back some negativity.

The comment on what is/isn't my (or somebody elses) business has been filed under 'Irony' given your comments in the not so distant past on the personal lives of those employed by the club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024