Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eve of a new season 23:25 - Sep 11 with 1852 views442Dale

This is going to be a long eight months. Or even longer than that. In some ways the uncertainty around Dale is mirrored in the world at large, with this last week giving another jolt of reality that we really can’t be sure what’s going to happen between now and when we win the play-offs at Wembley.

With that in mind, judging the mood of Dale fans becomes as difficult as working out where everyone stands on lockdown restrictions and Covid stats, so maybe it’s a decent time for us all to try and reduce the stress and pressure of constant debates on what our position is. There’s no doubt whatsoever that the club has made plenty of mistakes and our likeable manager has been dealt a tough hand; something he hasn’t been shy about discussing in an eloquent, yet firm way as he constantly references how short we are in numbers. And that’s where we possibly have an opportunity as fans to take a step back and allow him to fight our corner when we rightly bemoan how few options there were/are in certain areas of the team. By backing the manager and his current squad, one which appears united and determined going off the two cup games, it means fans can concentrate on games of football as the current chaotic world continues outside of those 90 minutes or so.

That’s not to say that the analysis and concerted attention to the actions of the rest of the club don’t matter, because they really do if Rochdale are to get through all this like any other business who has a fight on its hands. But it might be that for fans it’s fighting the battles that matter is where the focus should be. Could be way off the mark, but there’s a sense that the club’s shortcomings, which needed to be pointed out and held up as an example of how things could be better, are starting to overshadow some of the efforts of those who will go out looking for three points tomorrow. It’s something I’ve been guilty of in the past, albeit for the right reasons just like all fans who look for the club to improve, because it can be draining and distracting.

That was possibly a load of nonsense and it most definitely isn’t a vindication of those at the club who have the ability to deal with the concerns of supporters with better decision making and, most importantly, effective and consistent communication. No, it’s merely a lot of words that will possibly make tomorrow afternoon a bit more enjoyable at the start of a very tough season.

And then Brett Pitman will get a last minute winner.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Eve of a new season on 06:08 - Sep 12 with 1669 viewsD_Alien

Nah, he'll just 'pull one back' to make it a 'tense finish' at 1-2

Great post btw

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Eve of a new season on 08:50 - Sep 12 with 1541 viewstodmordendale

Pitman to score against Dale ? Not this time surely.
Eve of a new season on 08:58 - Sep 12 with 1517 viewstodmordendale

Good post 442.
I would love to see a continuation of the style of play at the end of last season.
Direct play, running with the ball, forward movement, players making space and a thumping win over Rotherham. The tippy tappy tripe was dispensed with with real success.
I do hope we do not have to suffer 30 passes across our area only to loose possession or end up hoofing it out of play or conceding.
C’mon Barry, bring us joy.
C’mon Dale.
Eve of a new season on 12:05 - Sep 12 with 1309 viewsShun

Good post!

Also:

Eve of a new season on 12:10 - Sep 12 with 1286 viewsTVOS1907

Eve of a new season on 12:05 - Sep 12 by Shun

Good post!

Also:

They've also lost 2/2 this season while we've won 2/2!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Eve of a new season on 12:12 - Sep 12 with 1278 views100notout

Stats eh? Dontcha just luv em?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Eve of a new season on 12:14 - Sep 12 with 1269 views442Dale

Eve of a new season on 12:10 - Sep 12 by TVOS1907

They've also lost 2/2 this season while we've won 2/2!

Nailed on it’ll be a 2-2 draw then.

Eve of a new season on 15:42 - Sep 12 with 1163 views442Dale

Sod the football, when are they going to sort the catering prices?

Login to get fewer ads

Eve of a new season on 15:43 - Sep 12 with 1155 viewsTVOS1907

Eve of a new season on 15:42 - Sep 12 by 442Dale

Sod the football, when are they going to sort the catering prices?

Or not wearing blue.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Eve of a new season on 16:57 - Sep 12 with 1032 views442Dale

They can end the season now that Mansfield started with a team wearing 1-11.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024