Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. 23:36 - Sep 22 with 7841 viewsNotLoyal

WYCOMBE WANDERERS V SWANSEA CITY
ADAMS PARK, HIGH WYCOMBE
SATURDAY 26TH SEPTEMBER 2020
KICK OFF 12.30PM
SKY SPORTS LIVE

REFEREE : A bloke called Geoff.

This is Geoff, he is from County Durham and is quite an ugly man.

This is Gareth Ainsworth coming off stage at Reading last year
This is Steve Cooper, unrivalled in the facial stakes. He is non negotiable.

History. The name Wycombe appears to come from the river Wye and the old English word for a wooded valley, combe, but... Modern-day High Wycombe. High Wycombe comprises a number of suburbs including Booker, Bowerdean, Castlefield, Cressex,... Demography. High Wycombe's population figure differs with the varying definitions of the town's area

Already you can see the whole area is a confusion of words, in the above passage the author clearly wrote all the words they know but in no particular order. The town itself is described by its locals as a chav town, my understanding of this term is - generic dressed young people who don't wash, talk like they are from Jamaica or Barnsley and eat chips and sewerage. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Fat bloke James Corden supports local side West Ham, Corden was raised in Wycombe but born in Hillingdon which was at the time the closest hospital for fat babies. Corden is married to Julian Clarey and they have numerous children.
Other famous people from Wycombe are Terry Pratchet, the drummer from Pentangle, Ian Dury and Matt Dawson the oblong chasing cooking bloke who has been booted off a question of sport.

Memories from 26 years ago are rekindled as Swansea City beat Wycombe over two legs in the 1994 Autoglass semi finals. Here we see Swansea Independent columnist Roger Freestone lifting the trophy at that Wembley. Swansea City are the only team to win a trophy at the old Wembley, the new Wembley and at Leckwith when the FA played their major finals there. Swansea are good at winning. Well done.
**As a footnote you will see some local MP in the background, he supports whatever team he wants to so as to improve his overall cock rating with whichever constituency he represents"" I think it's Michael Howard MP who along with Leon Briton MP went on to play for Swansea City **

And now for some football
Swansea have won 6 of their games against Wycombe. Wycombe have also won 6, with 2 being a draw.

Did you know?
Swansea and Wycombe have met in the Autoglass Trophy, LDV Vans Trophy, Auto windscreens Trophy and the Johnstone Paints Trophy. It is genuinely possible had Swansea not become Wales greatest ever football side winning a major trophy and going on a European journey with internationals in World Cup Finals playing for six of the top ten countries in the world they would have also met in the Checkatrade Trophy as well. But Swansea at the time were shit hot. Wycombe were not..

The Wycombe Wanderers squad is now somewhat depleted since their return to action this season. During lockdown they took the opportunity to grow old and eat Mars bars. The game is LIVE on SKY and Wycombe Wanderers should be ashamed of themselves.

MORE TO FOLLOW.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2020 11:48]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 14:58 - Sep 26 with 1576 viewsKeithHaynes

A great result today, as stated by others we certainly did run out of ideas but 3 more points is most welcome. Match report is now available. This thread will remain open for the weekend.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 15:14 - Sep 26 with 1535 views34dfgdf54

I think people have been a bit harsh on Smith, he will never pull up trees but sound in possession and keeps us organised from what I can see.

It is a problem Cooper doesn't trust his bench whatsoever though. Crying out for changes today, I'm really surprised with his reluctance to even chuck on Peterson for 10 minutes.
The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 15:26 - Sep 26 with 1508 viewstheloneranger

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 14:20 - Sep 26 by Brynmill_Jack

Agreed. But why MGW? Surely Grimes and Smith were worthier candidates for the crook?

I think Cooper is looking after him. He'd only been involved in 6 matches for Wolves since Oct 2019 before this season. Quite a few of them coming on as a sub in the last 5 mins.

EDIT ...

You can see why he's a top player with a bright future ... He was coached in school by an ex Swan - Des Lyttle!!
[Post edited 26 Sep 2020 15:55]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 15:31 - Sep 26 with 1504 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 15:14 - Sep 26 by 34dfgdf54

I think people have been a bit harsh on Smith, he will never pull up trees but sound in possession and keeps us organised from what I can see.

It is a problem Cooper doesn't trust his bench whatsoever though. Crying out for changes today, I'm really surprised with his reluctance to even chuck on Peterson for 10 minutes.

I see the Cooper haters cannot give him any credit for another away win . Two goals from good play by our wing backs a clean sheet , 64% possession, 17 shots 6 on target, 7 corners 2 more than oppositions. Why on earth do we need to put subs on early when we are winning the game.

Too many times we have struggled against bottom of the table sides
Today we dominated.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 15:37 - Sep 26 with 1496 viewsonehunglow

Felix.
It not hate more distrust as to his ability.

I admit I find him impossible to watch or listen to so Im not exactly objective.

Better lock horns with someone more objective than me as I detest Cooper.

Im sure he's a nice person and doesnt drown puppies into the nearest canal

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 15:51 - Sep 26 with 1482 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 15:37 - Sep 26 by onehunglow

Felix.
It not hate more distrust as to his ability.

I admit I find him impossible to watch or listen to so Im not exactly objective.

Better lock horns with someone more objective than me as I detest Cooper.

Im sure he's a nice person and doesnt drown puppies into the nearest canal

It is your right to detest him if that is the way you feel. You don't have to like managers or players just judge them on the results.

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 16:00 - Sep 26 with 1467 viewsKeithHaynes

Steve Cooper Post match

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 16:06 - Sep 26 with 1456 viewsonehunglow

Fair riposte Felix so here is mine.

If he was more astute ,we would have been promoted last year. We lost t the bottom 3 teams ;against average teams we were often abject.
This league standard is dire. Blackburn look light they will storm it,a club that ha been ravaged by foreigners too .

So we win game inspite of him not because of him.

Wycombe should have been raped asunder today

Login to get fewer ads

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 16:11 - Sep 26 with 1445 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 16:06 - Sep 26 by onehunglow

Fair riposte Felix so here is mine.

If he was more astute ,we would have been promoted last year. We lost t the bottom 3 teams ;against average teams we were often abject.
This league standard is dire. Blackburn look light they will storm it,a club that ha been ravaged by foreigners too .

So we win game inspite of him not because of him.

Wycombe should have been raped asunder today

You could say the same about Potter who did not even make the play offs despite have team as good as Cooper if not better.

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 16:30 - Sep 26 with 1431 viewsonehunglow

LOL.I detested Potter too.A faceless,,bland chap who farked off asap for another "project".

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 16:41 - Sep 26 with 1418 viewsjasper_T

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 16:11 - Sep 26 by felixstowe_jack

You could say the same about Potter who did not even make the play offs despite have team as good as Cooper if not better.

Cooper inherited the bulk of the team Potter forged and got to keep Ayew. Absolute nonsense to suggest Potter had a stronger team, certainly in the first half of the season. People forget Baker-Richardson starting for us and that DJ was stop-start until February. The logic is that we had the side that took City to the wire from day one. Routledge wasn't even allowed to play regular games until December when he agreed to waive his contract extension clause.
The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 17:01 - Sep 26 with 1387 viewsAndyCole

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 16:30 - Sep 26 by onehunglow

LOL.I detested Potter too.A faceless,,bland chap who farked off asap for another "project".

lol to this. And worser as he prided himself in his intelligence yet failed in developing his weak-willed appointees and charges. He coulda been something with us and the players we had, but flattered to deceive.

Teams play to the character of the manager. We were bland.

Cooper is learning, we are slowly ascending the blandness scale and becoming more exciting to watch.

Brighton was better under Hughton.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 17:59 - Sep 26 with 1321 viewsblaenaugwentjack

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 16:00 - Sep 26 by KeithHaynes

Steve Cooper Post match

Thank you, really like what you are doing with this site and so far a much friendlier one than the past.
The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 18:20 - Sep 26 with 1309 views34dfgdf54

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 17:01 - Sep 26 by AndyCole

lol to this. And worser as he prided himself in his intelligence yet failed in developing his weak-willed appointees and charges. He coulda been something with us and the players we had, but flattered to deceive.

Teams play to the character of the manager. We were bland.

Cooper is learning, we are slowly ascending the blandness scale and becoming more exciting to watch.

Brighton was better under Hughton.

Come on mate, Brighton were nowhere near better under Hughton.
The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 18:22 - Sep 26 with 1306 viewsjasper_T

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 18:20 - Sep 26 by 34dfgdf54

Shh don't disturb the sour grapes.
The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 18:33 - Sep 26 with 1295 viewsNotLoyal

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 16:30 - Sep 26 by onehunglow

We are used to Molby, Laudrup, even Rodgers, Martinez etc, I see your point but unproblematic, grey coaches and managers are the future.

OK I've changed it.

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 18:44 - Sep 26 with 1287 viewsAndyCole

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 18:20 - Sep 26 by 34dfgdf54

You’re probably right, that was a stretch. Borne mainly out of frustration As I was so supportive of Potter and had high hopes. But as many pointed out at the time, he and we were actually pretty bland.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 18:54 - Sep 26 with 1278 viewsbritferry

Alex Samuel, the Wycombe striker, from Neath... they said he was the mascot (in white) at the Hull 4-2 game, here is the tweet:

#YJB

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 19:12 - Sep 26 with 1263 views34dfgdf54

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 18:44 - Sep 26 by AndyCole

You’re probably right, that was a stretch. Borne mainly out of frustration As I was so supportive of Potter and had high hopes. But as many pointed out at the time, he and we were actually pretty bland.

I enjoyed watching us under Potter to be honest, I'm pretty sure he will go on to have a very good career in managing in the top flight, shame it wasn't with us but we are where we are now.
The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 10:08 - Sep 27 with 1008 viewsNotLoyal

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 18:54 - Sep 26 by britferry

Alex Samuel, the Wycombe striker, from Neath... they said he was the mascot (in white) at the Hull 4-2 game, here is the tweet:

#YJB

He didn’t play well yesterday, it’s a shame he didn’t excel at Swansea.

OK I've changed it.

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 12:11 - Sep 27 with 954 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Does anyone know the viewing figures for swanstv for an average home and away game?

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 15:25 - Sep 27 with 927 viewsNotLoyal

On reflection today that was a stunning performance.
Ok, it went stale second half but we were never in real bother.

OK I've changed it.

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 15:31 - Sep 27 with 925 views34dfgdf54

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 15:25 - Sep 27 by NotLoyal

On reflection today that was a stunning performance.
Ok, it went stale second half but we were never in real bother.

As comfortable a game I can remember with that scoreline.

Not sure if that was partly down to how poor Wycombe were though. Easier said than done, but we need to be more ruthless if we are going to challenge this year.
The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 15:42 - Sep 27 with 921 viewsKilkennyjack

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 10:08 - Sep 27 by NotLoyal

He didn’t play well yesterday, it’s a shame he didn’t excel at Swansea.

I agree.

He joined the Swans at youth level.
He did not come through the Swans system like Rodon and Roberts.

He strikes me as being slow for a striker ?
Released by Stevenage.... 🤷‍♂️

Beware of the Risen People

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 16:04 - Sep 27 with 915 viewsjasper_T

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 15:42 - Sep 27 by Kilkennyjack

I agree.

He joined the Swans at youth level.
He did not come through the Swans system like Rodon and Roberts.

He strikes me as being slow for a striker ?
Released by Stevenage.... 🤷‍♂️

Has had some serious injuries. Played for Aberystwyth Town when he was 15/16 before we brought him in. For Wycombe last season he was just energy; pressing and harrying and holding the ball up as part of their anti-football approach, and did well at it especially in their playoff success.

One of that early batch of academy products to come through who didn't have the whole package to be proper players for us but are doing well for themselves making a career in football rather t than dropping to amateur/semi-pro stuff.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024