Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tier 2 / Tier 3 13:15 - Oct 15 with 29221 viewsaleanddale

Matt Hancock hitting a new level of incompetence today in the commons.

Press leaks prior to confirmation with local authority.... then backtracking.

Dithering over a statement on Manchester and Lancashire regarding if and when we will move to tier 3.

No doubt the whole thing is complicated beyond belief BUT there should be much clearer / decisive communication and direction from the government.

Staff on minimum wage will be getting 2/3 or just over £5 an hour on this latest job support scheme that's replacing furlough. Minimum wage is just that the minimum required to survive.

Liverpool the ONLY city on tier 3. Honestly?

Ignoring the "Science" when the science advised a NATIONAL circuit break 3 weeks ago.

My two penneth is that this is set for the long term. I read an article saying the average life expectancy is 81 and the average Covid death age is 82. It is a very very tough decision to make i do understand that but everyone knows this and the day could arrive where shielding becomes self governing and everyone makes there own choices. Maybe new Covid Laws need to be applied to allow the nation to do that and the obvious rule breakers can be hit with more severe penalty.

This is one mighty mess and the problem is that the master plan is falling well short its time for a rethink and quickly.
Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 18:31 - Oct 16 with 2350 viewsisitme

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 18:10 - Oct 16 by rochdaleriddler

Gyms in Liverpool shut, those in Lancashire stay open.

Joe doesn't look like a gym man to me! In reality it makes a mockery, so does the fact that Lancashire negotiated more money. It's almost as if Lancashire has more Tory MPs than Liverpool!

By the way gyms should be open in both areas for a multitude of reasons.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 18:32]
Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 19:21 - Oct 16 with 2274 viewsdavidab2202

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 18:10 - Oct 16 by rochdaleriddler

Gyms in Liverpool shut, those in Lancashire stay open.

Bet the Gym owner on the Wirral is particularly thrilled by this decision(not arguing the rights and wrongs of Gyms being allowed to remain open) who was fined £1000 for opening his gym yesterday in defiance of the lockdown. Just doesn't add up to me.
Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 19:33 - Oct 16 with 2250 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 19:54 - Oct 16 with 2232 views49thseason

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 13:45 - Oct 16 by BigDaveMyCock

This is a tweet from Brixton_Ben!
Instead of reading shit on Twitter and automatically believing it why don’t you actually look at the Office of National Statistics website itself. Look at the five year average in the first graph.
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditio
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 13:53]

Read the graph Cock,
Its an ONS graph showing regional figures (hence North West plus others) for W/C 2nd of October. You are always keen to shoot the messenger but not so clever when it comes to reading the message. You may think that you are the only person capable of researching anything , but the fact is your quickness to criticise is far greater than your ability to assess what is being said or commented on.

So just for you and others who are hard of understanding, the graph I posted shows the numbers of deaths in each region of England and Wales for the week ending 2nd of October . If you look carefully and find the Northwest line, it clearly shows that the deaths that week were exactly on the 5 year average for that week at 1301, no more, and no less. so for that week there were no extra deaths than the 5 year average ... got it? This implies that the virus is not killing more people than we might expect to die anyway in that week , this at a time when Government as MSM is attempting to convince us that unless we shut the economy down and retreat into our cellars we all be dead within days.

The graph you so quickly referred me to shows deaths for England and wales week by week up to and including 11th of September. So not the week in question and not by region. Even so your graph shows deaths falling below the 5 year average across the country after being above that average from March through to mid July

If you want to compare Apples with Oranges then say so but don't accuse me or anyone else of the very thing you are so prone to doing i.e. producing incorrect data, especially in support of your ad hominem attacks on the people who present information that does not fit your obvious agenda. In short, if you want to dispute someone's comments then at least take time to attempt to understand the point they are making before getting your peashooter out of your toy box.

BTW, I normally have you blocked but forgot to log in when I read your nonsense, I won't be making that mistake again... Cock.
Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 20:25 - Oct 16 with 2197 viewsrochdaleriddler

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 18:31 - Oct 16 by isitme

Joe doesn't look like a gym man to me! In reality it makes a mockery, so does the fact that Lancashire negotiated more money. It's almost as if Lancashire has more Tory MPs than Liverpool!

By the way gyms should be open in both areas for a multitude of reasons.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 18:32]

I know

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 21:02 - Oct 16 with 2127 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 19:54 - Oct 16 by 49thseason

Read the graph Cock,
Its an ONS graph showing regional figures (hence North West plus others) for W/C 2nd of October. You are always keen to shoot the messenger but not so clever when it comes to reading the message. You may think that you are the only person capable of researching anything , but the fact is your quickness to criticise is far greater than your ability to assess what is being said or commented on.

So just for you and others who are hard of understanding, the graph I posted shows the numbers of deaths in each region of England and Wales for the week ending 2nd of October . If you look carefully and find the Northwest line, it clearly shows that the deaths that week were exactly on the 5 year average for that week at 1301, no more, and no less. so for that week there were no extra deaths than the 5 year average ... got it? This implies that the virus is not killing more people than we might expect to die anyway in that week , this at a time when Government as MSM is attempting to convince us that unless we shut the economy down and retreat into our cellars we all be dead within days.

The graph you so quickly referred me to shows deaths for England and wales week by week up to and including 11th of September. So not the week in question and not by region. Even so your graph shows deaths falling below the 5 year average across the country after being above that average from March through to mid July

If you want to compare Apples with Oranges then say so but don't accuse me or anyone else of the very thing you are so prone to doing i.e. producing incorrect data, especially in support of your ad hominem attacks on the people who present information that does not fit your obvious agenda. In short, if you want to dispute someone's comments then at least take time to attempt to understand the point they are making before getting your peashooter out of your toy box.

BTW, I normally have you blocked but forgot to log in when I read your nonsense, I won't be making that mistake again... Cock.

A it’s not a fooking graph!
B it’s a table with no fooking context whatsoever
C read the ONS website it provides context - there has been a significant increase from the 5 year average
D Brixton_Ben on Twitter is not fooking reasearch
E hyrdrofookingwhateveritscalled doesn’t fooking work
F shining a torch up your fooking arse doesn’t work
G please stop being so fooking gullible
H the only apples and oranges I’m going to argue with you is:-
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 21:04]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 21:08 - Oct 16 with 2107 viewsTVOS1907

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 21:02 - Oct 16 by BigDaveMyCock

A it’s not a fooking graph!
B it’s a table with no fooking context whatsoever
C read the ONS website it provides context - there has been a significant increase from the 5 year average
D Brixton_Ben on Twitter is not fooking reasearch
E hyrdrofookingwhateveritscalled doesn’t fooking work
F shining a torch up your fooking arse doesn’t work
G please stop being so fooking gullible
H the only apples and oranges I’m going to argue with you is:-
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 21:04]

A: It's a bar chart

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 21:10 - Oct 16 with 2105 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 21:08 - Oct 16 by TVOS1907

A: It's a bar chart

I was referring to the table on Brentford Bob’s academic tweet.

Login to get fewer ads

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 21:11 - Oct 16 with 2099 viewsTVOS1907

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 21:10 - Oct 16 by BigDaveMyCock

I was referring to the table on Brentford Bob’s academic tweet.

Oooh, I didn't look at that. I like a good statistical diagram, though, so I'll go there now.

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 22:35 - Oct 16 with 2025 viewsisitme

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 21:11 - Oct 16 by TVOS1907

Oooh, I didn't look at that. I like a good statistical diagram, though, so I'll go there now.

And the data in the table is from the ONS as well.
Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 22:47 - Oct 16 with 2003 viewsTVOS1907

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 22:35 - Oct 16 by isitme

You mean the bit where it says, 'Source: Office for National Statistics - Deaths registered weekly in England and Wales'?

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 23:01 - Oct 16 with 1984 viewsrochdaleriddler

Press release in response to Lancashire Tier 3 negotiations with 10 Downing Street

#Matthew_Brown, Leader of Preston City Council
#Mohammed_Iqbal MBE, Leader of Pendle Council
#Paul_Foster, Leader of South Ribble Council
#Ian_Moran, Leader of West Lancashire Council

Lancashire leaders have been bullied by 10 Downing Street into accepting a deal that all sides know isn’t enough to stop the virus. Lancashire leaders along with local public health directors have been calling for months for a fully functional test and trace system, clarity on regulations and guidance, greater enforcement and better testing in and around schools and educational facilities.

Boris Johnson’s officials led by Sir Ed Lister were unwilling to listen to any evidence and worryingly for the public could not present to leaders any forward plan on how 10 Downing Street's proposal will control the virus. It was repeatedly pointed out to Sir Ed and government officials by Lancashire leaders that targeting just the hospitality sector is not enough.

Schools, retail, the workplace and a minority of non-compliant individuals are where most of the coronavirus transmission occurs. Officials refused to take that public health evidence on board and said that these other areas of significant transmission "were off-limits" and "non-negotiable” by 10 Downing Street. Without strong leadership, clear rules and adequate resources with evidence led measures, the government's strategy won’t stop the spread.

Throughout the negotiations, government officials were only interested in the politics and threatened any District leader who did not fall into line with 10 Downing Streets threats to accept Tier 3 would suffer an imposition of Tier 3 and that their Borough “would become an island” that would receive much less in funding and resource.

When people on one side of the street are being resourced to help stop the virus whilst people on the other side of the street aren’t, they are instead being punished, then public health policy has collapsed.

Lancashire leaders don’t seem as thrilled with this as some would have you believe

The government refused to accept that people on the minimum wage or very low incomes would not be able to survive for months on just 66% of their wage having already endured 6 months of hardship. The government also refused to accept that measures to support the supply chains and other affected businesses and protect jobs are necessary.

The Chancellor, Rishi Sunak’s promise that the government will provide “whatever is necessary” has clearly become a broken promise to the people of Lancashire and the north.

Lancashire Leaders have not been given the policies or the means to stop the spread of the virus and have been bullied for political gain by 10 Downing Street.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 23:23 - Oct 16 with 1962 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 22:35 - Oct 16 by isitme

Isitme. Yes, we’re all fully aware of the table and its source. That’s why I posted the fuller data in the ONS website! The table isn’t in any context though. To get a full appreciation of COVID deaths re the five year average you need to look at the bar chart on the website. The table has been plucked and isolated from a larger set of data and shouldn’t be considered in isolation.

Hence the psssst why do you think I posted the link to the ONS website.

FFS
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 23:28]

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 23:33 - Oct 16 with 1953 viewsBigDaveMyCock

I’m going to tweet a table of one weeks data ending 2nd October and hold that out as COVID deaths are no more than the five year average.
Seriously, ffs.
TVOS please, for the good of humanity explain the flaws in that approach.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 23:34]

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 00:01 - Oct 17 with 1931 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Rochdale statistics week ending 9 Dec 2018.

Wimbledon (a) D 1-1
Scorer: C Andrews

Look! Calvin was prolific!

La la la la la la la
[Post edited 17 Oct 2020 0:02]

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 08:11 - Oct 17 with 1833 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Just checked the weather for today. It’s going to be a moderate 13 degrees, thus putting to bed all this global warming bullish!t.

La la la la la la la la

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 19:27 - Oct 17 with 1660 viewsmightydale

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 08:11 - Oct 17 by BigDaveMyCock

Just checked the weather for today. It’s going to be a moderate 13 degrees, thus putting to bed all this global warming bullish!t.

La la la la la la la la

https://mobile.twitter.com/kylamb8/status/1317186379483406337

Probably to complicated for you to understand BDMC
[Post edited 17 Oct 2020 19:38]

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 20:04 - Oct 17 with 1605 viewsnordenblue

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 19:27 - Oct 17 by mightydale

Some pretty interesting points in all that, does seem to be an abundance of details and if accurate theres definitely more to it regarding the figures
Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 20:08 - Oct 17 with 1602 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Won’t Covid restrictions including social distancing, mean that flu and other illnesses that are transferred from people to people via close contact, are cut down as well?
[Post edited 17 Oct 2020 20:09]

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 20:21 - Oct 17 with 1579 viewsNigeriamark

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 20:08 - Oct 17 by foreverhopefulDale

Won’t Covid restrictions including social distancing, mean that flu and other illnesses that are transferred from people to people via close contact, are cut down as well?
[Post edited 17 Oct 2020 20:09]

Yes. They are spread in exactly the same way, so when both are present, the restrictions imposed for COVID will have a significant effect on Flu too. Flu also has a vaccine an may be less infectious as well, so putting it all together you could see record low levels for flu for a year or 2
[Post edited 17 Oct 2020 20:24]
Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 09:42 - Oct 18 with 1452 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Last time I saw you it was in Blockbusters. Do you remember? You were looking for Rita, Sue and Bob One.

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 10:34 - Oct 18 with 1408 viewsD_Alien

Speaking of tiers, we really, really need Dale to at least play with something like an enterprising style even if we get beat, to offset the shite that's going on in the rest of the world

Come on lads, do us a favour and give us a glimpse that you're up for Tier 3 of the EFL

[Post edited 18 Oct 2020 10:38]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 11:04 - Oct 18 with 1363 viewsDaleiLama

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 10:34 - Oct 18 by D_Alien

Speaking of tiers, we really, really need Dale to at least play with something like an enterprising style even if we get beat, to offset the shite that's going on in the rest of the world

Come on lads, do us a favour and give us a glimpse that you're up for Tier 3 of the EFL

[Post edited 18 Oct 2020 10:38]

Tiers for fears yesterday I'm afraid

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 11:57 - Oct 18 with 1339 viewsD_Alien

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 11:04 - Oct 18 by DaleiLama

Tiers for fears yesterday I'm afraid

I know it's obvious, but...

[Post edited 18 Oct 2020 12:01]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 10:51 - Oct 19 with 1207 viewsaleanddale

Andy Burnham taking a lot onto his own shoulders here..

Manchester could rocket up the Covid league table if we are not careful and we could end up in Lockdown for a lot longer than a 2 week circuit break. We are all in for a terrible run now until the end of the year i fear.

Boris obviously wants all the local authorities on board with his plan hence the willingness to negotiate regionally.

Interesting week this week as half term for many starts on Friday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024