Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? 19:52 - Jan 2 with 10161 viewsBarrySwan

Most teams seem to have fairly competent keepers, and most professional keepers will have a decent amount of fantastic saves in them on occasion as does our Freddy. The better standard of keepers clearly perform better on a more consistent basis than the also rans.

But I'm afraid the word 'ordinary' is the very best I can come up with to describe Woodman, surely it can't be that difficult to find a reasonably priced keeper who does the basics and reasonably straight forward saves on a regular basis with the odd sterling performance thrown in, as opposed to being beaten time after time by the most pedestrian of shots from distance on a fairly regular basis.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2021 19:52]
Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 17:53 - Jan 9 with 1308 viewsonehunglow

Fab seemed to dive out of the way tbh.

Anyway,we have far greater issues to discuss than Woodman ,like where ha all the money gone leaving u to look for scraps in the market. It disgusts me.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 18:17 - Jan 9 with 1273 viewsraynor94

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 14:09 - Jan 6 by onehunglow

Tell you what is good;that we are able to cross swords like this so frankly,Im quite ok with anything coming my way these days.

I refered to him a a coward in goal keeper terms and stand by every word. As a bloke,he seems a good lad .

He is lucky to have the defenders in front of him he has and ,as I say, if he hadnt,his stats quoted ,ad neauseum,would be nowhere near as impresive.

So it' bad again nigel

Stay frosty

You can reverse faster than an Italian tank

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 18:25 - Jan 9 with 1260 viewsjackrabbit

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 17:48 - Jan 9 by builthjack

He saved yet another pelanty today. I think that's 4 out of 7 saved this season.
Hell, when Fab was in goal you knew that if we conceded a penalty the opposition only had to hit the target to score.

Yes, I was impressed by that statistic - 4 saves in 7 pens is quite impressive. I also had the same thought as you about Fab, but Fab was a Fab-ulous goalkeeper overall and don’t forget, he was up against top quality Premier League penalty takers.
I only saw the last 20 minutes today but my I was impressed by Boro’s passing- better than ours, and I was impressed with Woodman’s goalkeeping - not just the penalty save but also another fine save from a long range thunderbolt towards the end. It could easily have been 2-2. I’ve always found him to be a quite good ‘keeper who sometimes has an indifferent game - who doesn’t?
Every body notices goalkeeping mistakes even though there are mistakes being made all over the pitch all the time. As somebody mentions above, he’s a perfectly adequate goalkeeper for us. If he was much better, we wouldn’t have him!
Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 18:34 - Jan 9 with 1233 viewsbuilthjack

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 18:25 - Jan 9 by jackrabbit

Yes, I was impressed by that statistic - 4 saves in 7 pens is quite impressive. I also had the same thought as you about Fab, but Fab was a Fab-ulous goalkeeper overall and don’t forget, he was up against top quality Premier League penalty takers.
I only saw the last 20 minutes today but my I was impressed by Boro’s passing- better than ours, and I was impressed with Woodman’s goalkeeping - not just the penalty save but also another fine save from a long range thunderbolt towards the end. It could easily have been 2-2. I’ve always found him to be a quite good ‘keeper who sometimes has an indifferent game - who doesn’t?
Every body notices goalkeeping mistakes even though there are mistakes being made all over the pitch all the time. As somebody mentions above, he’s a perfectly adequate goalkeeper for us. If he was much better, we wouldn’t have him!

I agree about Fab, best goalkeeper er we have ever had by a country mile.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 18:36 - Jan 9 with 1228 viewsonehunglow

agree on that wholeheatedly and he is proving his quality now in the Prem.Just a shame we couldnt keep him

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 18:44 - Jan 9 with 1219 viewsBadlands

Woodman was a different player today. Commanded his defence, his positioning was good, made good saves and his distribution was OK? Best since his early form.
It was League 2 osirion rhough.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 20:01 - Jan 9 with 1171 viewsBoundy

Well unless we bring in GK who's better than Freddie we're "stuck" with him . Benda's out for a while awaiting an operation on his ankle

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 20:22 - Jan 9 with 1155 viewsonehunglow

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 18:44 - Jan 9 by Badlands

Woodman was a different player today. Commanded his defence, his positioning was good, made good saves and his distribution was OK? Best since his early form.
It was League 2 osirion rhough.

Thank fook for sense.
At last.

Login to get fewer ads

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 20:25 - Jan 9 with 1152 viewsBoundy

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 20:22 - Jan 9 by onehunglow

Thank fook for sense.
At last.

Footnote . A football on average when struck travels at 60mph , regardless of which league its in

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 20:43 - Jan 9 with 1143 viewsonehunglow

I never got past pye r squared

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 20:52 - Jan 9 with 1137 viewsBoundy

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 20:43 - Jan 9 by onehunglow

I never got past pye r squared

I hope you're not confusing it with 2 pi r , I did often with calmatious results

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 20:58 - Jan 9 with 1132 viewsonehunglow

Close.

I was good at languages though

Bem- Vindo ao meu mundo

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 21:06 - Jan 9 with 1124 viewsBoundy

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 20:58 - Jan 9 by onehunglow

Close.

I was good at languages though

Bem- Vindo ao meu mundo

Jim Reeves classic

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 21:23 - Jan 9 with 1114 viewsDr_Parnassus

Well that’s something Dorus never managed to do anyway, penalty save.

Excellent stuff from Woodman.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 21:31 - Jan 9 with 1100 viewsReslovenSwan1

The goalkeeping group at Swansea clearly favour he goalkeeper pretty much staying close to goal and using his reflexes when required. This is a clear demarcation of duties. Aerial balls 10m outside the goal are not Freddies responsibility. It is the responsibility of the back 3 . Cabango Guehi and Bennet.

There have been no "mix ups " at all this season between keeper and defenders that we saw regularly wth Nordfeldt. No gestures of the keepr holding his arms out saying I thought you were going to clear it. No goals directly from corners. That was a Potter speciality.

The results speak for themselves.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 21:35 - Jan 9 with 1095 viewsChief

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 21:31 - Jan 9 by ReslovenSwan1

The goalkeeping group at Swansea clearly favour he goalkeeper pretty much staying close to goal and using his reflexes when required. This is a clear demarcation of duties. Aerial balls 10m outside the goal are not Freddies responsibility. It is the responsibility of the back 3 . Cabango Guehi and Bennet.

There have been no "mix ups " at all this season between keeper and defenders that we saw regularly wth Nordfeldt. No gestures of the keepr holding his arms out saying I thought you were going to clear it. No goals directly from corners. That was a Potter speciality.

The results speak for themselves.

Nit picking but Newport away for mix up and Wednesday home for direct from corner off top of my head.

Still a very good record.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 10:13 - Jan 10 with 985 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 21:35 - Jan 9 by Chief

Nit picking but Newport away for mix up and Wednesday home for direct from corner off top of my head.

Still a very good record.

Middlesbrough away they scored from a corner as well . A low corner direct to a Middlesbrough player standing unmarked about 12 yards from goals while everyone else was standing in 6 box.

It is true we have not conceded a header from a corner this season in the championship.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 10:27 - Jan 10 with 972 viewsonehunglow

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 18:17 - Jan 9 by raynor94

You can reverse faster than an Italian tank

Now that is offensive.Clearly stigmatising Italian people .

You seem stained after all these years

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 10:29 - Jan 10 with 971 viewsonehunglow

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 21:06 - Jan 9 by Boundy

Jim Reeves classic

Great stuff boundy.That would fly over many heads

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 10:30 - Jan 10 with 970 viewsonehunglow

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 21:23 - Jan 9 by Dr_Parnassus

Well that’s something Dorus never managed to do anyway, penalty save.

Excellent stuff from Woodman.

ah bejesu.Dorus. Just when I thought it was safe to go swimming again

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 22:14 - Jan 16 with 880 viewsbuilthjack

Great save from the lad.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 22:20 - Jan 16 with 849 viewsraynor94

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 22:14 - Jan 16 by builthjack

Great save from the lad.

Perch will be along shortly, to say how misunderstood he was

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 22:26 - Jan 16 with 831 viewsChief

Stupendous save when called upon tonight following on from last week. Chwarae teg.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 22:40 - Jan 16 with 807 viewsbuilthjack

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 22:20 - Jan 16 by raynor94

Perch will be along shortly, to say how misunderstood he was

He is having an early night after seeing that save

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 22:46 - Jan 16 with 793 viewsKeithHaynes

What a blinding save that was, absolute class.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024