Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
T' cricket 07:23 - Jan 11 with 16344 viewsD_Alien

Anyone else been following the Indian tour of Australia?

Three great matches so far, the third test just ended with India 330-5 after being asked to make 407. Looked on at one point before Pant was out for 97, but just 3 wickets taken on the final day

All set now for the decider, and Rahane's captaincy has turned it around since the first test debacle under Kohli

England due to start in Sri Lanka soon, too

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

T' cricket on 11:41 - Jan 17 with 1697 viewsNigeriamark

T' cricket on 11:39 - Jan 17 by Nigeriamark

perhaps not

14-3 , root run out by miles. Panic stations??

And almost another run out next ball. Can you have a hat trick of run outs? I'm only listening on TMS but sounds dramatic.
T' cricket on 11:59 - Jan 17 with 1660 viewsfitzochris

T' cricket on 11:22 - Jan 17 by D_Alien

Might not be so slight!

Great effort by SL to set us what seems a nominal target, but one down in the first over!

Good test cricket

It’s certainly not dull watching England. Bit like Dale at the minute 😃

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

T' cricket on 12:15 - Jan 17 with 1648 viewsD_Alien

T' cricket on 11:59 - Jan 17 by fitzochris

It’s certainly not dull watching England. Bit like Dale at the minute 😃

Looks like YJB and even younger Dan Lawrence can regroup for the fifth day (yet another reason why test cricket shouldn't be shortened)

Mature start for Lawrence, whilst our young openers are on a steep learning curve ahead of the series in Indian

T' cricket on 12:16 - Jan 17 with 1643 viewsfitzochris

T' cricket on 12:15 - Jan 17 by D_Alien

Looks like YJB and even younger Dan Lawrence can regroup for the fifth day (yet another reason why test cricket shouldn't be shortened)

Mature start for Lawrence, whilst our young openers are on a steep learning curve ahead of the series in Indian

Absolutely and perhaps one of the openers will make way for Burns when he returns.

Lawrence has looked the part for sure, though.

T' cricket on 04:55 - Jan 18 with 1542 viewsD_Alien

Bairstow & Lawrence stroll to victory, impressive from both

Time for a few more hours kip!

T' cricket on 07:42 - Jan 19 with 1441 viewsAtThePeake

The one benefit of England knocking my sleeping pattern completely out of whack has been getting to watch the final days of this incredible series. Phenomenal performance from India at the Gabba, got to fear for us going over there next month.

Tangled up in blue.

T' cricket on 07:45 - Jan 19 with 1437 viewsD_Alien

T' cricket on 04:55 - Jan 18 by D_Alien

Bairstow & Lawrence stroll to victory, impressive from both

Time for a few more hours kip!

More sensational cricket! India win Down Under with just 3 overs remaining to take the series 2-1, a remarkable comeback after their first test debacle

329-7 including 325 on the last day, Pant once again playing a blinder hitting the winning runs on 89no

Raises an issue with Kohli due back for their home series against us. There's no doubt that Rahane's leadership in his absence has brought the team together, and they risk disrupting that with Kohli

Still, great to watch; well, just the final hour

Edit: also great to see plenty of their supporters in the ground to witness it
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 7:48]

T' cricket on 07:48 - Jan 19 with 1434 viewspioneer

T' cricket on 07:42 - Jan 19 by AtThePeake

The one benefit of England knocking my sleeping pattern completely out of whack has been getting to watch the final days of this incredible series. Phenomenal performance from India at the Gabba, got to fear for us going over there next month.

Phenomenal performance from India’s third XI.

How sweet that is after Paine mouthing off at Sydney...”can’t wait to get you blokes at the Gabba”
Login to get fewer ads

T' cricket on 08:10 - Jan 19 with 1418 viewsAtThePeake

T' cricket on 07:48 - Jan 19 by pioneer

How sweet that is after Paine mouthing off at Sydney...”can’t wait to get you blokes at the Gabba”

Must admit I also enjoyed the fact that it was Hazelwood's over that saw the game wrapped up after his strange stare-down of Pujara when the butterfly flew into his eyeline. Very few things more satisfying than Aussie posturing being made to look a bit silly!

Tangled up in blue.

T' cricket on 08:14 - Jan 19 with 1416 viewsD_Alien

T' cricket on 07:48 - Jan 19 by pioneer

Aussie's last defeat at the Gabba was 1988, and 329 the record run chase at the ground

Some of the Indian strokeplay was straight out of the IPL, and it's possible to combine that with solid defence when needed. Imo, test cricket has never been healthier or more exciting to watch

T' cricket on 09:48 - Jan 19 with 1374 viewsfitzochris

T' cricket on 08:14 - Jan 19 by D_Alien

Aussie's last defeat at the Gabba was 1988, and 329 the record run chase at the ground

Some of the Indian strokeplay was straight out of the IPL, and it's possible to combine that with solid defence when needed. Imo, test cricket has never been healthier or more exciting to watch

Absolutely agree with you here (although I do worry some of the so-called poorer nations may end up left behind).

I went to bed just as Mark Waugh was dismissing an India victory as "fantasy".

How I chuckled when I saw the result this morning. Absolutely tremendous knocks from Pujara, Gill and Pant on that deck.

T' cricket on 15:52 - Jan 21 with 1230 viewsNigeriamark

T' cricket on 09:48 - Jan 19 by fitzochris

Absolutely agree with you here (although I do worry some of the so-called poorer nations may end up left behind).

I went to bed just as Mark Waugh was dismissing an India victory as "fantasy".

How I chuckled when I saw the result this morning. Absolutely tremendous knocks from Pujara, Gill and Pant on that deck.

I know most of you are watching on TV, but TMS delivered an absolute classic moment of commentary during the last game. The Joy of radio

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/55731589

Looking forward to the game tomorrow.
T' cricket on 16:32 - Jan 21 with 1202 viewsfitzochris

T' cricket on 15:52 - Jan 21 by Nigeriamark

I know most of you are watching on TV, but TMS delivered an absolute classic moment of commentary during the last game. The Joy of radio

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/55731589

Looking forward to the game tomorrow.

I am looking forward to this but absolutely cannot wait for the India Test series - with the squad they've named, plus Archer and Stokes back for us, it should be a fantastic contest.

T' cricket on 17:30 - Jan 21 with 1189 viewsNigeriamark

T' cricket on 16:32 - Jan 21 by fitzochris

I am looking forward to this but absolutely cannot wait for the India Test series - with the squad they've named, plus Archer and Stokes back for us, it should be a fantastic contest.

Kohli's return is going to add some spice to the decision on the Indian captaincy. Earlier up the thread you talked about the quality of Rahane's captaincy after the disastrous first test with Kholi in charge. The way seniority works in India, Kholi will almost certainly get the captaincy back, but it seems there are Indian players who are really playing for Rahane. If we can get a good start or they have a collapse, just watch the internal politics that affect asian cricket potentially fuel some controversy

Will be good cricket that's for sure.
T' cricket on 17:53 - Jan 21 with 1172 viewsD_Alien

T' cricket on 17:30 - Jan 21 by Nigeriamark

Kohli's return is going to add some spice to the decision on the Indian captaincy. Earlier up the thread you talked about the quality of Rahane's captaincy after the disastrous first test with Kholi in charge. The way seniority works in India, Kholi will almost certainly get the captaincy back, but it seems there are Indian players who are really playing for Rahane. If we can get a good start or they have a collapse, just watch the internal politics that affect asian cricket potentially fuel some controversy

Will be good cricket that's for sure.

It was my comments on Kohli earlier in the thread - not that it matters

Of course he'll be back, and given the nature of cricket on the subcontinent i don't think it'll add strength to their efforts against us, although obviously Kohli's a world class batsman. Therein lies part of the problem. The Indian's seemed to over-rely on him in a "if we're in trouble, Kohli will get us out of it" kind of way. Once he was no longer there, every single player started putting themselves on the line when batting to the equally obvious effect we saw in the last three tests

I don't think it'd take much to disrupt that mindset, and England must be prepared to take full advantage of any opportunity. I too can't wait!

T' cricket on 07:58 - Jan 22 with 1097 viewsNigeriamark

T' cricket on 17:53 - Jan 21 by D_Alien

It was my comments on Kohli earlier in the thread - not that it matters

Of course he'll be back, and given the nature of cricket on the subcontinent i don't think it'll add strength to their efforts against us, although obviously Kohli's a world class batsman. Therein lies part of the problem. The Indian's seemed to over-rely on him in a "if we're in trouble, Kohli will get us out of it" kind of way. Once he was no longer there, every single player started putting themselves on the line when batting to the equally obvious effect we saw in the last three tests

I don't think it'd take much to disrupt that mindset, and England must be prepared to take full advantage of any opportunity. I too can't wait!

for the 604th time ( or 603?). OH Jimmy Jimmy, Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy Anderson

Keeping us in this on what seems a perfect batting pitch. Not much from the other bowlers yet
T' cricket on 12:14 - Jan 24 with 993 viewsNigeriamark

T' cricket on 07:58 - Jan 22 by Nigeriamark

for the 604th time ( or 603?). OH Jimmy Jimmy, Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy Anderson

Keeping us in this on what seems a perfect batting pitch. Not much from the other bowlers yet

Root must feel like we did yesterday. Gets within an over of carrying his bat for the day & is run out when looking on for 200. Absolute brilliant effort though following Jimmy yesterday
T' cricket on 12:18 - Jan 24 with 990 viewsfitzochris

T' cricket on 12:14 - Jan 24 by Nigeriamark

Root must feel like we did yesterday. Gets within an over of carrying his bat for the day & is run out when looking on for 200. Absolute brilliant effort though following Jimmy yesterday

And while the evergreen Jimmy Anderson rightly takes all the plaudits from England’s spell in the field, Lasith Embuldeniya takes them for Sri Lanka’s. Very effective bowler that it seems only Root can play.

T' cricket on 12:25 - Jan 24 with 980 viewsD_Alien

T' cricket on 12:18 - Jan 24 by fitzochris

And while the evergreen Jimmy Anderson rightly takes all the plaudits from England’s spell in the field, Lasith Embuldeniya takes them for Sri Lanka’s. Very effective bowler that it seems only Root can play.

Another masterclass from Root, shame he couldn't have got double tons in consecutive tests (will look up that record later) but better than being stranded on 199no by Jimmy

Embuldeniya will be even more difficult if we're having to chase 200 but our spinners will have to pull their own fingers out if it's not going to be more than that

T' cricket on 13:03 - Jan 24 with 955 viewsD_Alien

T' cricket on 12:25 - Jan 24 by D_Alien

Another masterclass from Root, shame he couldn't have got double tons in consecutive tests (will look up that record later) but better than being stranded on 199no by Jimmy

Embuldeniya will be even more difficult if we're having to chase 200 but our spinners will have to pull their own fingers out if it's not going to be more than that

It appears only Wally Hammond has scored consecutive doubles (consecutive tests, that is) for England. He did it twice!

Several others have done so, notably Don Bradman. The last to do so was Virat Kohli...

T' cricket on 06:42 - Jan 25 with 871 viewsD_Alien

Impossible to sleep with wickets going down like ninepins

Some pretty average batting by SL but won't harm our spinners confidence

Looking like we won't have to chase more than 150, but anything can happen and probably will!

T' cricket on 08:07 - Jan 25 with 847 viewsfitzochris

T' cricket on 06:42 - Jan 25 by D_Alien

Impossible to sleep with wickets going down like ninepins

Some pretty average batting by SL but won't harm our spinners confidence

Looking like we won't have to chase more than 150, but anything can happen and probably will!

Embuldeniya now showing his batsmen how it’s done...

T' cricket on 08:16 - Jan 25 with 844 viewsNigeriamark

T' cricket on 08:07 - Jan 25 by fitzochris

He's out now as is the number 11. 164 to win. 2 good partnerships required with our openers not in the best of form

TMS playing up due to poor internet today so missed the last 2 wickets. Hopefully it will be back soon as it looks like there could be a result either way today. Should be an exciting session and a half
[Post edited 25 Jan 2021 8:20]
T' cricket on 08:17 - Jan 25 with 843 viewsfitzochris

T' cricket on 08:07 - Jan 25 by fitzochris

A somewhat modest total to chase, but on a wicket that is turning. Our openers have struggled with spin in every innings so far. In fact, only Root has confidently taken it on with consistent success. Let’s see...

T' cricket on 08:26 - Jan 25 with 832 viewsNigeriamark

T' cricket on 08:17 - Jan 25 by fitzochris

A somewhat modest total to chase, but on a wicket that is turning. Our openers have struggled with spin in every innings so far. In fact, only Root has confidently taken it on with consistent success. Let’s see...

1st time in test history that all 10 wickets in the first innings were taken by pace bowlers and then all 10 in the second by spin
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024