Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some stats... 21:49 - Jan 12 with 2256 viewsTVOS1907

* This was only the seventh 4-4 draw by Dale in their league & cup history, but the fourth away from home. The last one was a 4-4 draw at Colchester on 21/11/92

* This was the first time Dale have scored four first half goals since 29/12/12 when we won 4-2 at Bradford. Like tonight, 4-2 was also the half-time score.

* That game at Valley Parade was also the last Dale match to feature six first half goals.

* This is only the 46th Dale league game to feature exactly eight goals (out of 4114 matches) and the first since a 1-7 defeat at Lincoln on 21/10/06

* This was only the third time Dale have scored four goals in London after a 4-0 win at Barnet (21/10/95) and a 4-1 win at Leyton Orient (20/8/05)

* Dale have scored nine goals scored in consecutive away league games for the first time since August/September 2014 when we won 5-2 at Crewe and 4-0 at Crawley

* At 17 years 350 days old, Kwadwo Baah became the second-youngest player to score twice in the same game for Dale. Frank Lord, 61 days younger, scored a brace versus Chester on 28/12/53.

* Kwadwo Baah is the first Dale player to score twice in a game against Charlton. In doing so, he draws level with Calvin Andrew as our leading scorers versus The Addicks.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Some stats... on 00:10 - Jan 13 with 2135 viewsDiddyDave

I remember a 4-4 draw with Oldham at Spotland in the late 50s,Oldham up 2-0 at half time. In all the hundreds of other games I`ve seen and refereed,I never again saw another 4-4 scoreline.
Some stats... on 05:31 - Jan 13 with 2072 viewsNigeriamark

Also 1st time that "leading scorer" and "Calvin Andrew" has ever been used in the same sentence
Some stats... on 09:20 - Jan 13 with 1981 viewsDaleiLama

"This was only the third time Dale have scored four goals in London after a 4-0 win at Barnet (21/10/95) and a 4-1 win at Leyton Orient (20/8/05)"

..... have scored four goals in that London ........

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Some stats... on 12:19 - Jan 13 with 1867 viewsD_Alien

Some stats... on 05:31 - Jan 13 by Nigeriamark

Also 1st time that "leading scorer" and "Calvin Andrew" has ever been used in the same sentence

Calvin was referred to as "top scorer" in TVOS' Stats Magic, posted on Monday

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Some stats... on 12:22 - Jan 13 with 1861 viewsjudd

Some stats... on 12:19 - Jan 13 by D_Alien

Calvin was referred to as "top scorer" in TVOS' Stats Magic, posted on Monday

...but not leading

Poll: What is it to be then?

Some stats... on 12:22 - Jan 13 with 1858 viewsD_Alien

Some stats... on 12:22 - Jan 13 by judd

...but not leading

No, but it was a top post

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Some stats... on 18:45 - Jan 13 with 1712 viewsOxDale

I was at the Darlo v Dale, 4-4 on Tuesday evening, 28th October 1980, (looked that bit up). Not much Dale support that night! I can’t remember the score sequence. Can anyone help? We raced into the lead, not sure whether it was 0-2 or 0-3 before the inevitable come back and I think we salvage a draw with a late equaliser?
Some stats... on 19:42 - Jan 13 with 1666 views442Dale

Some stats... on 18:45 - Jan 13 by OxDale

I was at the Darlo v Dale, 4-4 on Tuesday evening, 28th October 1980, (looked that bit up). Not much Dale support that night! I can’t remember the score sequence. Can anyone help? We raced into the lead, not sure whether it was 0-2 or 0-3 before the inevitable come back and I think we salvage a draw with a late equaliser?

According to ‘The Official History’ book: two up early on before Barry Wellings got a late equaliser after the Darlo comeback. Taylor, Esser and Jones were the other scorers.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Some stats... on 20:10 - Jan 13 with 1625 viewsTVOS1907

Some stats... on 18:45 - Jan 13 by OxDale

6 mins 0-1 (Taylor)
10 mins 0-2 (Esser)
15 mins 1-2 (McLean (pen))
37 mins 2-2 (Speedie)
48 mins 3-2 (Walsh)
67 mins 3-3 (Jones)
68 mins 4-3 (McLean (pen))
89 mins 4-4 (Wellings)

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Some stats... on 20:26 - Jan 13 with 1606 viewsOxDale

Thanks, I was a student in Scotland at the time, had flatmate who lived in Whitley Bay, and the timing worked with the mid term break. Met up with another Dale regular who was at Newcastle Uni, so the 3 of us. I don’t recall any other Dale fans on the terraces, just a few and I mean a few in the stand.
Some stats... on 21:23 - Jan 13 with 1561 viewsThacks_Rabbits

I was at the Colchester game but don’t remember a great deal other than I think Flounders got 2 to get us a draw.

Was more memorable for my stereo being nicked in my mini and shorting the battery. About 6 Colchester fans gave me a push start.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Some stats... on 00:23 - Jan 14 with 1478 viewssxdale

Some stats... on 21:23 - Jan 13 by Thacks_Rabbits

I was at the Colchester game but don’t remember a great deal other than I think Flounders got 2 to get us a draw.

Was more memorable for my stereo being nicked in my mini and shorting the battery. About 6 Colchester fans gave me a push start.

I was at that Colchester game, but also seem to remember a 4 all away at Hereford about 87/88 evening game had to skive off work. Took the lead, went behind and came back to draw. Can't remember for the life in me who scored. Can anyone enlighten me?
Some stats... on 07:14 - Jan 14 with 1433 viewsTVOS1907

Some stats... on 00:23 - Jan 14 by sxdale

I was at that Colchester game, but also seem to remember a 4 all away at Hereford about 87/88 evening game had to skive off work. Took the lead, went behind and came back to draw. Can't remember for the life in me who scored. Can anyone enlighten me?

Frain 2, Beaumont & Sutton

Some stats... on 10:17 - Jan 14 with 1384 viewssxdale

Some stats... on 07:14 - Jan 14 by TVOS1907

Frain 2, Beaumont & Sutton

Cheers, Dave Frain one of my favourite players. That must have been the Bergara era then. Another reason why Stockport C**ty should remain non league, nicking Bergara, Frain, Beaumont and Ward.
Some stats... on 10:44 - Jan 14 with 1356 viewsHopwoodblue

Some stats... on 10:17 - Jan 14 by sxdale

Cheers, Dave Frain one of my favourite players. That must have been the Bergara era then. Another reason why Stockport C**ty should remain non league, nicking Bergara, Frain, Beaumont and Ward.

Peter Ward !
What a day out on special from Rochdale to Palace
If only he hadn’t hit that shot into the ground for Martin to get a hand to!
Only goal we conceded that year in the FA cup and we got knocked out !
Probably our biggest memory from the Terry Dolan era.
There weren’t many more I can remember 😊
A young Keith Welch MOM kept Wright and Bright at bay and the winger who’s name slips my mind
Eddie Mac something ?
[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 10:47]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Some stats... on 11:08 - Jan 14 with 1323 viewsAtThePeake

Some stats... on 10:44 - Jan 14 by Hopwoodblue

Peter Ward !
A young Keith Welch MOM kept Wright and Bright at bay and the winger who’s name slips my mind
Eddie Mac something ?

McGoldrick, later of Arsenal & Man City.

Tangled up in blue.

Some stats... on 11:19 - Jan 14 with 1311 viewsTVOS1907

Some stats... on 10:17 - Jan 14 by sxdale

Yep, 26th October 1988

Some stats... on 11:25 - Jan 14 with 1304 viewssxdale

Some stats... on 10:44 - Jan 14 by Hopwoodblue

Peter Ward !
Eddie Mac something ?

We went British Rail that day, didn't the special break down or summat? We used to get the 6am train out of piccadilly to beat the alcohol ban. Could hardly stand by the time got to Selhurst! Don't know if I imagined it or not but seem to remember standing in that side paddock, Palace fan giving it Bertie big b****cks to Dale fans turned round to his mates and a fist came across the no mans land from the Dale section right on top of his head and sparked him clean out. Ahh the good old days, always a bit more excitement with the added threat of violence
Some stats... on 11:31 - Jan 14 with 1287 viewsHopwoodblue

Some stats... on 11:25 - Jan 14 by sxdale

We went British Rail that day, didn't the special break down or summat? We used to get the 6am train out of piccadilly to beat the alcohol ban. Could hardly stand by the time got to Selhurst! Don't know if I imagined it or not but seem to remember standing in that side paddock, Palace fan giving it Bertie big b****cks to Dale fans turned round to his mates and a fist came across the no mans land from the Dale section right on top of his head and sparked him clean out. Ahh the good old days, always a bit more excitement with the added threat of violence

I can remember sitting in a siding for quite sometime on the way back
Think we were uncoupled and left for a while. I might be wrong though
It’s quite a few years ago 😊

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Some stats... on 11:34 - Jan 14 with 1279 viewsNigeriamark

Some stats... on 11:25 - Jan 14 by sxdale

From what I remember it didn't break down, but on the return journey it took us to Manchester instead of Rochdale. A bit value to be honest but something definitely happened

Cracking day out
Some stats... on 13:14 - Jan 14 with 1219 viewsseasidedale

From what I remember we had to wait in certain areas as we were not a regular train the regulars had priority so we had to wait for that line to clear, hence the delays coming back, seemed straight forward going from what I recall
Some stats... on 13:40 - Jan 14 with 1182 viewsjonahwhereru

That day I travelled from Southend and met up with my cousin and a crew from the New Inn in Castleton. I was a lightweight drinker but they weren’t! I had a great day and we had to celebrate such a great effort from the team. Not sure how I got back home unaided. I had just started wearing contact lenses and left then in while I slept for 12 hours. The memory of removing the lenses while surrering a mother and father of a hangover is my legacy from that day. Oh! Other than the great partnership that was Cole and Brown. Peter Ward is on the bench for my all time best Dale squad. A great day.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024