Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread 03:52 - Feb 3 with 13526 viewsNotLoyal

THE GAME THAT SKY TV COULD NOT IGNORE

Friday February 5th
Kick Off 8.15pm
Liberty Stadium

Match Officials

Simon Hooper
Derek Eaton and Daniel Leach will run the line, with Lee Swabey the 4th Official for the game. Simon is no relation to Swansea boss Steve Cooper.

Simon Hooper, the start of the missing C in surnames

THIS GAME “DAN” BE WATCHED LIVE LEGALLY AND ILLEGALLY

Well here it is folks, it’s the top of the table clash that no other table can top unless it’s the same as this one and both sides are called Swansea City and Norwich City. And that’s a fact. Norwich are top of the league and have been mustard this season. Canary great Ernie Colman would be proud. It’s one of those games where once you get the top off the aroma will assault your taste buds like bird food. We are not trying to bull you here Tommy.

Ernie Coleman, took an E and put it in his name

Norwich City 1989, note the E is missing here, Ernie was not available for comment due to the fact he was dead

Norwich is the second county town of Suffolk near Ipswich, which is also in Suffolk but a far cleaner place than its local rival. In fact when Norwich was in Norfolk they hated it so much they moved to Suffolk. I went to Norfolk once. I didn’t stay there. They are also referred to as sheepshaggers' but of course their basic ability is lacking, the initial torment, the gaze into the eye upon capture, free sliding trouser zip, tentative but firm touch and almost leisurely movements means that Norwich have neither the training nor general mastery in sheep procurement and management. It’s a shame, but you can’t fake the truth.

After careful consideration we have decided that the NL Matchday thread is a magnificent read and would like to award him the Matchday thread for Swansea City award 2021. If anyone has a problem with that, contact the website owner who will arrange for you to be booted all round Mayhill. Crack on

The ladies of Naarwich
There was a time when the tattooed ladies of Naarwich would ensnare their prey and pass on illnesses and the ‘odd behaviour’ gene through sexual acts. These woman, and woman they often were although one man is known to be a part of the group from Bury Noel Edmunds were identified by an obscure Elvis tattoo.Only one was ever captured in a photograph, the person who took it later started following Swansea City and eating copious amounts of pickled eggs and strawberries dipped in a mustard chocolate sauce. true story.

The lesser photo ‘Naaarwich nibbler’ often female with a Noel Edmunds twist

Swansea City record against Norwich

Games won: 23
Games drawn: 10
Games lost: 24

First game was a 5-2 win in September 1920 at the vetch field. Last game was a 4-1 loss in November 2018. Recent results have most certainly gone the way of Norwich City. The last home league victory was a 1-0 win in the premier league in March 2016, Gylfi scored the goal in front of 21,000 fans.

Swansea City 1 Norwich City 0

Steve Cooper pre match chat v Norwich City

LATEST
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/268437/norwich-city-pre

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ryan Bennett, Marc Guehi; Connor Roberts, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane, Jake Bidwell; Jamal Lowe, Andre Ayew.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Manning, Jordan Morris, Morgan Whittaker, Yan Dhanda, Joel Latibeaudiere, Ollie Cooper, Kieron Freeman, Ben Cabango.

Norwich City: Tim Krul, Max Aarons, Grant Hanley (captain), Lukas Rupp, Przemyslaw Placheta, Todd Cantwell, Jacob Sorensen, Oliver Skipp, Teemu Pukki, Kenny McLean, Ben Gibson.

Substitutes: Daniel Barden, Christoph Zimmermann, Mario Vrancic, Kieran Dowell, Onel Hernandez, Bali Mumba, Alex Tettey, Dimitris Giannoulis, Adam Idah.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 06:38 - Feb 3 with 4873 views1983

Brilliant over nighter away trip at Norwich lovely city and I sh@gged a bird there with an Elvis tattoo FACT!

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 07:55 - Feb 3 with 4839 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 06:38 - Feb 3 by 1983

Brilliant over nighter away trip at Norwich lovely city and I sh@gged a bird there with an Elvis tattoo FACT!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 10:24 - Feb 3 with 4755 viewsChubz

You sure it was a bird? ;-)
Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 10:28 - Feb 3 with 4752 viewsSwans9

Ayew is due a goal it feels like a must not lose game if we want automatic promotion. No pressure if we play to our best.
Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 11:01 - Feb 3 with 4719 viewsSwans9

If we win we are 2 points behind with a game in hand and if we lose its 8 points. It's massive game.
Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 11:08 - Feb 3 with 4706 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 11:01 - Feb 3 by Swans9

If we win we are 2 points behind with a game in hand and if we lose its 8 points. It's massive game.

6 pointer.
Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 11:10 - Feb 3 with 4704 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 10:24 - Feb 3 by Chubz

?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 11:38 - Feb 3 with 4677 viewsJackBishop

A swan sh@gging a canary? Where's Attenborough??
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 12:11 - Feb 3 with 4631 viewsAndyCole

The seem to play 4231 with a good blend of experience and youthful energy.

Big test for our midfield to counter their marauders and get on the front foot. 3142 should do it with Grimes orchestrating - desperately need Smith for bite and streetwise fight in CM, with CH floating slightly more advanced.. If no Smith, Fulton alongside CH.

A cagey (;-) start, but if we come flying out of the blocks, Swans should fly.

2-1
[Post edited 3 Feb 2021 14:26]

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 12:30 - Feb 3 with 4614 viewsCatullus

Yeh, I should never have taken my wife, she's talked about you ever since....why does she refer to you as shorty?

This game is a must win never mind must not lose. Brentford are right up behind us and could be above us tonight, a draw won't change that. I'd much rather stay in 2nd and maybe be top when we play the game in hand.

We must aim high and not be happy with any slips.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 13:45 - Feb 3 with 4552 views1983

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 10:24 - Feb 3 by Chubz

Yep not my proudest moment the the tattoo looked more like Elvis Costello than Elvis Presley and she had to be hurried out of the hotel the next morning but hey ho.

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 13:46 - Feb 3 with 4547 views1983

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 12:30 - Feb 3 by Catullus

Yeh, I should never have taken my wife, she's talked about you ever since....why does she refer to you as shorty?

This game is a must win never mind must not lose. Brentford are right up behind us and could be above us tonight, a draw won't change that. I'd much rather stay in 2nd and maybe be top when we play the game in hand.

is that what your wife says?

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 15:22 - Feb 3 with 4468 viewsNotLoyal

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 13:46 - Feb 3 by 1983

is that what your wife says?

We’ve managed to track her down in the OP.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 17:55 - Feb 3 with 4365 viewspencoedjack

Great from Loyal as usual

Hopefully a similar game to the one when Borini scored that peach of a free kick the year we got promoted (that year ended in a 1 as well)
Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 18:22 - Feb 3 with 4335 views1983

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 15:22 - Feb 3 by NotLoyal

Blimey that's her! I'm all shook up I loved those tender wrinkly arms I suppose I owe her CSA money now?

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 18:29 - Feb 3 with 4329 viewsCatullus

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 15:22 - Feb 3 by NotLoyal

Yeah, she has an elvis tattoo on her mahoosive behind too, when she's on the loo it apprently looks like Elvis sticking his tongue out!

I've never looked, maybe 1983 has?

Maybe that's what the shorty thing was about, he aimed high but couldn't quite reach?

Disclaimer, any similarlity to my wife...well there hardly any. She has no tats but she does look a bit like Elvis in the last week of his life!

PS, shoulda gone to specsavers.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:32 - Feb 3 with 4172 viewstrampie

Only a win for the Swans against Norwich will do as far as I'm concerned.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 03:16 - Feb 4 with 4082 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:32 - Feb 3 by trampie

Only a win for the Swans against Norwich will do as far as I'm concerned.

You said the same against Brentford..then disappeared.... After realising what a great result it was....win would be great ,a loss a little dent yes ,,a draw won't be too bad ,,still 20 games to go and 60 points to play for..,,2 automatics up for grab ,,way way too early.....look at Bournemouth second 3 weeks ago ...it only takes a couple losses and you can slip down and vice versa..beating Norwich would be great but as draw wouldn't be end world at this stage with Brentford and Norwich still got too play each other...still a lot of twists and turns before end season..
[Post edited 4 Feb 2021 3:17]
Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 07:32 - Feb 4 with 4042 viewstrampie

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 03:16 - Feb 4 by angryjack

You said the same against Brentford..then disappeared.... After realising what a great result it was....win would be great ,a loss a little dent yes ,,a draw won't be too bad ,,still 20 games to go and 60 points to play for..,,2 automatics up for grab ,,way way too early.....look at Bournemouth second 3 weeks ago ...it only takes a couple losses and you can slip down and vice versa..beating Norwich would be great but as draw wouldn't be end world at this stage with Brentford and Norwich still got too play each other...still a lot of twists and turns before end season..
[Post edited 4 Feb 2021 3:17]

Normally you have to win most games against your rivals at the top to win the championship or come runner up.
I said against Brentford before a ball was kicked that I would take a draw if and only if we went behind or was second best on the balance of play and that is what happened.
If Swans don't beat Norwich tomorrow then Swansea will be more likely than not to miss out on automatic promotion, check out the bookies odds, yes the points difference can be overturned but it would be odds against, it's a massive game that Swansea need to win.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 09:34 - Feb 4 with 3979 viewsraynor94

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 07:32 - Feb 4 by trampie

Normally you have to win most games against your rivals at the top to win the championship or come runner up.
I said against Brentford before a ball was kicked that I would take a draw if and only if we went behind or was second best on the balance of play and that is what happened.
If Swans don't beat Norwich tomorrow then Swansea will be more likely than not to miss out on automatic promotion, check out the bookies odds, yes the points difference can be overturned but it would be odds against, it's a massive game that Swansea need to win.

It's 3 points for a win no matter who you play, of course a win would be great, but a draw doesn't end our automatic hopes, to many games left to play.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 09:46 - Feb 4 with 3967 viewstrampie

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 09:34 - Feb 4 by raynor94

It's 3 points for a win no matter who you play, of course a win would be great, but a draw doesn't end our automatic hopes, to many games left to play.

Doesn't end but it makes it more unlikely.
If you beat AN Other team and your promotion rivals beat AN Other team and that can happen week after week after week then there is no gain, but if you beat your promotion rival head to head you get 3 pts and you prevent your promotion rival from getting 3 pts (hence the 6 pointer quote that is sometimes banded about) they get nothing.

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 10:29 - Feb 4 with 3933 viewsraynor94

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 09:46 - Feb 4 by trampie

Doesn't end but it makes it more unlikely.
If you beat AN Other team and your promotion rivals beat AN Other team and that can happen week after week after week then there is no gain, but if you beat your promotion rival head to head you get 3 pts and you prevent your promotion rival from getting 3 pts (hence the 6 pointer quote that is sometimes banded about) they get nothing.

Of course it doesn't make it more unlikely, 5 games to go I'd agree, but certainly not 20.

The season won't end Friday night, a lot more twists and turns yet

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 10:40 - Feb 4 with 3923 viewstrampie

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 10:29 - Feb 4 by raynor94

Of course it doesn't make it more unlikely, 5 games to go I'd agree, but certainly not 20.

The season won't end Friday night, a lot more twists and turns yet

Norwich are already expected to finish 8pts ahead of us per the bookies (just checked this minute), if we can beat them and I can't see why we can't (they are off form, missing a top player, they will have played 3 games in a week and we are at home) we would have a chance of finishing above them (may not be a favourites chance but a chance), if Swans lose tomorrow it would still be possible to catch them but we would only have a little chance.

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 10:57 - Feb 4 with 3902 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 10:40 - Feb 4 by trampie

Norwich are already expected to finish 8pts ahead of us per the bookies (just checked this minute), if we can beat them and I can't see why we can't (they are off form, missing a top player, they will have played 3 games in a week and we are at home) we would have a chance of finishing above them (may not be a favourites chance but a chance), if Swans lose tomorrow it would still be possible to catch them but we would only have a little chance.

Of course it's a 6 pointer.
Anyone thinking it isn't went to see the Sound of Music 24 times

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 11:20 - Feb 4 with 3879 viewsraynor94

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 10:40 - Feb 4 by trampie

I agree about a loss, would then make it difficult, but a draw won't be the end of the world.

Personally I think we will beat them, perfect time to play them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024