Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale 21:55 - Feb 15 with 18566 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/54229/match-preview-blackpo

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 23:54 - Feb 16 with 2011 viewsSandyman

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 23:37 - Feb 16 by James1980

But does sacking BBM guarantee you handing over your shekels for a new season ticket? Will you write, Dear Mr Bottomley, if you sack Mr Barry-Murphy. On hearing this has happened I will purchase £X of Rochdale vouchers that I will use towards renewing my season ticket.

James. You're a good lad. Have you had a pint?

What is " £X of Rochdale vouchers" ? Never had a "Rochdale voucher" and have no concept of what one is? Went to my first game in 1969 and Rochdale vouchers, I have seen none.

I wrote to Mr Bottomley (amongst many others) to say Hill should be sacked. Still have the e mail.

"But does sacking BBM guarantee you handing over your shekels for a new season ticket?"

The guarantee is your implication, but a manager with skills better than this current abyss of bob (can't be hard) will definitely get me coins into the club.

UP THE DALE
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 00:05 - Feb 17 with 1971 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 23:54 - Feb 16 by Sandyman

James. You're a good lad. Have you had a pint?

What is " £X of Rochdale vouchers" ? Never had a "Rochdale voucher" and have no concept of what one is? Went to my first game in 1969 and Rochdale vouchers, I have seen none.

I wrote to Mr Bottomley (amongst many others) to say Hill should be sacked. Still have the e mail.

"But does sacking BBM guarantee you handing over your shekels for a new season ticket?"

The guarantee is your implication, but a manager with skills better than this current abyss of bob (can't be hard) will definitely get me coins into the club.

UP THE DALE

No pints for me tonight working tomorrow. £X represents a sufficient monetary sum of gift vouchers to put towards a season ticket. I'm sure the club shop flog them.

So even if Skillful Bob gets us relegated you would be more likely to buy a season ticket than if BBM stays as manager?

The only thing sacking the manager guarantees are 2 things paying money to the sacked manager, paying for a new manager.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 00:26 - Feb 17 with 1920 viewsnordenblue

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 23:40 - Feb 16 by Yorkshire_Dale

"in total control of the game in the 2nd half......only a matter of time till we reflected that on the scoreboard"

What?????

I'm sure he said "when we put our foot on the gas second half there was only going to be one winner"... I'll have an ounce of whatever he's been rolling up, jesus wept
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 00:29 - Feb 17 with 1924 viewsFrog

How many past managers have survived after such a long run of results and performances this bad? 1 win in 237 home games is not acceptable.
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 01:04 - Feb 17 with 1892 viewsSandyman

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 00:05 - Feb 17 by James1980

No pints for me tonight working tomorrow. £X represents a sufficient monetary sum of gift vouchers to put towards a season ticket. I'm sure the club shop flog them.

So even if Skillful Bob gets us relegated you would be more likely to buy a season ticket than if BBM stays as manager?

The only thing sacking the manager guarantees are 2 things paying money to the sacked manager, paying for a new manager.

"Only"?

I'm still a stranger to this voucher malarkey but that may be my fault.

Erm, Hill got sacked, people were sticking up for him, we were destined for relegation, BBM kept us up. My word do we need that impetus now. Retaining League 1 status is seemingly not possible with this manager in 2021. Let's get someone in who can keep us up. Other clubs in a similar predicament haven't been scared of doing so...

I bought a season ticket after relegation under Coleman because it was Eyre's fault.

Next time, we'll see how the land lies...

You've used the word "guarantee" a couple of times tonight James, which isn't appropriate or relevant. Your message board "guarantee" statements mean zilch. You can't guarantee anything.

Top lad James, UP THE DALE
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 07:22 - Feb 17 with 1741 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 01:04 - Feb 17 by Sandyman

"Only"?

I'm still a stranger to this voucher malarkey but that may be my fault.

Erm, Hill got sacked, people were sticking up for him, we were destined for relegation, BBM kept us up. My word do we need that impetus now. Retaining League 1 status is seemingly not possible with this manager in 2021. Let's get someone in who can keep us up. Other clubs in a similar predicament haven't been scared of doing so...

I bought a season ticket after relegation under Coleman because it was Eyre's fault.

Next time, we'll see how the land lies...

You've used the word "guarantee" a couple of times tonight James, which isn't appropriate or relevant. Your message board "guarantee" statements mean zilch. You can't guarantee anything.

Top lad James, UP THE DALE

https://www.rafcshop.co.uk/browse/q-Voucher vouchers

Thank you for the kind words at the end.
I'm sure you know what I meant. Sacking a manager does not mean a club achieving a better league position than if they had stuck with by the manager a section of supporters were demanding to be fired. There will be a financial outlay in the firing and hiring process.

If BBM was more of a bully who publically called out his players for poor performances would that buy him more time?
[Post edited 17 Feb 2021 7:33]

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 07:42 - Feb 17 with 1691 viewsJames1980

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11096/11128604/

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 07:53 - Feb 17 with 1669 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 23:28 - Feb 16 by Sandyman

That's just it. With little or no cognisance to the world as it is today, RAFC seems inured to fate and expectant that people will just turn up and pay for "poor little Rochdale" no matter what and keep the well paid positions rolling on. People have been through hard times and once we're out of this pandemic will want happy things in their lives, things to celebrate, catch up on the pleasures of life, not a handwringing "poor little Rochdale, we're so poor" . Things to enthuse, not to make you depressed. A team to be proud of, with fight and vigour and ambition. Not someone telling you how "brilliant" they are in defeat when they are anything but. I've got next year's season ticket money saved up already. Make me want to spend it at Spotland or it can easily go to the grandchildren.

But how much did you know to save up, Sandyman?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 08:41 - Feb 17 with 1581 viewsNorthernDale

I have listened to BBM thoughts and I can understand him, not criticising the players in public, but at the same time, who is trying to fool by his almost deluded comments? The team selection again was poor, Osho is not a right back, Shaughnessy is potentially the future, but at present should be on the bench and allowed to get the experience by coming on as a sub. Lund is wasted as a forward and our midfield looks weak without him and Newby has the ability, but he lacks pace.

We have three games - Plymouth (H), Northampton (A) and Burton (H) in which we need to win at least 1 and avoid defeat in the other two. I would like us to win all three, but who in the right mind can see that happening?

my analysis of the game.

First half: we were poor and could have been more then one down, at times our goal was like the Alamo. I thought we had a potential shout of a penalty, but other wise we created nothing. Osho was at partly at fault for the goal in that his clearance was p*ss poor, but in his defence he is not a right back.

Second half: after the changes and bringing on Baah, Keohane and Mclouglin for Shaughnessy, Done and Osho we looked more solid as a team. Lund dropping into the midfield made a big difference. However apart from the Keohane header , which was miles of target, did we have a shot on target in the second half. So how could he say he thought it was only a matter of time before we would score.

I suspect that on Saturday, he will play the same starting 11 and hope for a different result in terms of performance. He will not learn from his mistakes and repeats them time and time again.

Ps. What as happened to Dooley?
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 08:57 - Feb 17 with 1533 viewsnordenblue

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 08:41 - Feb 17 by NorthernDale

I have listened to BBM thoughts and I can understand him, not criticising the players in public, but at the same time, who is trying to fool by his almost deluded comments? The team selection again was poor, Osho is not a right back, Shaughnessy is potentially the future, but at present should be on the bench and allowed to get the experience by coming on as a sub. Lund is wasted as a forward and our midfield looks weak without him and Newby has the ability, but he lacks pace.

We have three games - Plymouth (H), Northampton (A) and Burton (H) in which we need to win at least 1 and avoid defeat in the other two. I would like us to win all three, but who in the right mind can see that happening?

my analysis of the game.

First half: we were poor and could have been more then one down, at times our goal was like the Alamo. I thought we had a potential shout of a penalty, but other wise we created nothing. Osho was at partly at fault for the goal in that his clearance was p*ss poor, but in his defence he is not a right back.

Second half: after the changes and bringing on Baah, Keohane and Mclouglin for Shaughnessy, Done and Osho we looked more solid as a team. Lund dropping into the midfield made a big difference. However apart from the Keohane header , which was miles of target, did we have a shot on target in the second half. So how could he say he thought it was only a matter of time before we would score.

I suspect that on Saturday, he will play the same starting 11 and hope for a different result in terms of performance. He will not learn from his mistakes and repeats them time and time again.

The BBC match report ended "Rochdale created little in the second period as Blackpool hung on COMFORTABLY for victory".... agrees totally with everyone elses opinion barring BBM.... you cant kid most people BBM
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 09:11 - Feb 17 with 1507 viewsBillyRudd

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 08:41 - Feb 17 by NorthernDale

my analysis of the game.

Northern
When you wrote "but who in the (sic) right mind can see that happening" I,m pretty confident I know one person. Unfortunately he also thought we were brilliant in the second half. Ironically the Burton game is now looking the toughest of those three.
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 09:32 - Feb 17 with 1456 viewsBillyRudd

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 23:14 - Feb 16 by sxdale

To me this is a perfect storm. No fans allowed into the stadium, the board don't have to hear criticism even assuming they would do something about it. Lockdown has made me realise there's more important things to do when things return to normal, catching up with friends/family etc. I have found it surprisingly easy not to be able to see live matches, going to get a dog think I would get much more enjoyment (and exercise) walking it than travelling 4 hrs to watch the team lose yet again. Don't know if they will be able to tempt me back to San Spotty even though been going for 40 years.
Never thought I would ever feel like this.

Even more than BBM,S tenous grip on reality I found this post the most worrying of the night. It is a post whether said in the despond of supine defeat or not, that Directors should take heed of, for how many more will be thinking along the same lines?
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 10:30 - Feb 17 with 1320 viewsDaleFan7

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 09:32 - Feb 17 by BillyRudd

Even more than BBM,S tenous grip on reality I found this post the most worrying of the night. It is a post whether said in the despond of supine defeat or not, that Directors should take heed of, for how many more will be thinking along the same lines?

I think this is going to worry a lot of people and should especially worry our board. Going to football, for many, had just become an automatic thing every Saturday turning up to watch your team play. Now people have been out of that for a year and found other things to do and there is, after all, life outside football matches at a weekend. How many don't come back?

If you don't buy a season ticket you're paying £25 a game in the Main Stand, people just aren't going to do it.
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 10:41 - Feb 17 with 1292 viewsAtThePeake

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 21:06 - Feb 16 by JimmyRustler

We need to get someone in on a deal until the end of the season (this could hopefully attract someone above our station such as Paul Cook). No harm done to their reputation if they don’t succeed and if they do, their stock rises and we stay in the division. If we continue like this we will sink without a trace

Does their stock rise though? Someone like Paul Cook for example, is he more likely to get a job based on a three month stint whereby he keeps up a Rochdale team that had spent the majority of the season outside the bottom 4 anyway? And what if a job comes up with long-term prospects during those three months but he's committed to a short stay at Dale instead and misses out? There is no reason for someone like Paul Cook to come and join us on a short-term basis.

Tangled up in blue.

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 10:52 - Feb 17 with 1248 viewsAtThePeake

"I thought once we stepped on the gas in the second half, there was only one team in it, and I thought it was only a matter of time before we reflected that on the scoreboard but we didn’t."

"In terms of the performance and the way we wanted to do things, the players gave absolutely everything in difficult situations."

"Once we grew into the game and stepped on the gas in the second half, I thought it was exactly what we want to see, and I thought we were brilliant.”

These are the kind of quotes that, had they been uttered by an opposition manager after a Dale win, I'd be laughing at. Even if they were true (which they aren't), they don't read to me like a manager protecting his players, they read to me like sour grapes - especially when you add the referee comments in.

The only plus point to last night's performance was that there was always the off-chance that we got a bit of luck in the last minute and knicked a point as we didn't concede three goals in 8 minutes and as such we were still 'in' the game. By that I mean we could've got a goal with a big slice of luck, not that we controlled the game and deserved a goal, which we didn't. At all.

Time's running out.

Tangled up in blue.

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 10:55 - Feb 17 with 1225 viewsSaxonDale

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 10:41 - Feb 17 by AtThePeake

Does their stock rise though? Someone like Paul Cook for example, is he more likely to get a job based on a three month stint whereby he keeps up a Rochdale team that had spent the majority of the season outside the bottom 4 anyway? And what if a job comes up with long-term prospects during those three months but he's committed to a short stay at Dale instead and misses out? There is no reason for someone like Paul Cook to come and join us on a short-term basis.

Agree with that. Also with most managers being paid off by their old club until they find new employment I can’t imagine it’d be beneficial financially for Cook to join us.
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 10:56 - Feb 17 with 1225 viewsIOMDale

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 10:52 - Feb 17 by AtThePeake

"I thought once we stepped on the gas in the second half, there was only one team in it, and I thought it was only a matter of time before we reflected that on the scoreboard but we didn’t."

"In terms of the performance and the way we wanted to do things, the players gave absolutely everything in difficult situations."

"Once we grew into the game and stepped on the gas in the second half, I thought it was exactly what we want to see, and I thought we were brilliant.”

These are the kind of quotes that, had they been uttered by an opposition manager after a Dale win, I'd be laughing at. Even if they were true (which they aren't), they don't read to me like a manager protecting his players, they read to me like sour grapes - especially when you add the referee comments in.

The only plus point to last night's performance was that there was always the off-chance that we got a bit of luck in the last minute and knicked a point as we didn't concede three goals in 8 minutes and as such we were still 'in' the game. By that I mean we could've got a goal with a big slice of luck, not that we controlled the game and deserved a goal, which we didn't. At all.

Time's running out.

Blackpool fans are laughing at them:

UTDNFS

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 10:58 - Feb 17 with 1211 viewsfunkkk

I guess the reason would be he wants to be involved in football again. Most managerial changes will have now taken place so he might fancy a few months of gainful employment with a hefty bonus for keeping us up?
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 11:01 - Feb 17 with 1201 views1949er

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 10:55 - Feb 17 by SaxonDale

Agree with that. Also with most managers being paid off by their old club until they find new employment I can’t imagine it’d be beneficial financially for Cook to join us.

BBM has only about one month left on his contract, having signed a two year de al in. March 2019

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 11:02 - Feb 17 with 1193 viewsAtThePeake

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 10:58 - Feb 17 by funkkk

I guess the reason would be he wants to be involved in football again. Most managerial changes will have now taken place so he might fancy a few months of gainful employment with a hefty bonus for keeping us up?

It's a nice idea but I don't think it's remotely realistic. He's a smart man, he will know how to wait for the right opportunity no matter how much he wants to be involved again.

Tangled up in blue.

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 11:04 - Feb 17 with 1168 viewsAtThePeake

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 11:01 - Feb 17 by 1949er

BBM has only about one month left on his contract, having signed a two year de al in. March 2019

I think Saxon was pointing out that most out of work managers are not in desperate need of the money rather than how much it would cost us to sack BBM.

Tangled up in blue.

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 11:12 - Feb 17 with 1127 viewsSandyman

BBM 2 year deal announced 3rd April 2019

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47798648

2nd April 2021 (Good Friday) we're away at Portsmouth.
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 11:13 - Feb 17 with 1120 viewsfunkkk

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 11:02 - Feb 17 by AtThePeake

It's a nice idea but I don't think it's remotely realistic. He's a smart man, he will know how to wait for the right opportunity no matter how much he wants to be involved again.

Fair enough, I think it’s unfair to suggest it isn’t remotely realistic or that there’s no reason why he would want the job. We aren’t privy to his thoughts or how receptive he would be to any offer. I think we do ourselves down too often, we are a pretty well established League 1 club these days.

It’s all irrelevant anyway as no doubt we’ll be sticking with BBM for the foreseeable.
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 12:42 - Feb 17 with 977 viewsJimmyRustler

It certainly wouldn’t do them any harm. The footballing world (or at least UK) has eyes on our results at the moment thanks to the recent publicity that our cavalier football has brought. I wasn’t specifically asking for Paul Cook but to be fair, he is desperate to get into football and in these uncertain times, a job is a job isn’t it? It’s a convenient, pressure free few months at a stable club with what will be a decent wage. I don’t think it’s to be sniffed at personally
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 13:09 - Feb 17 with 906 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 11:12 - Feb 17 by Sandyman

BBM 2 year deal announced 3rd April 2019

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47798648

2nd April 2021 (Good Friday) we're away at Portsmouth.

For me, he's got three games till the end of this month - as others have pointed out, two of those are six pointers and the first, at home to Plymouth on Saturday, we need to see a major improvement in player selection, organisation and above all attitude, by which i mean starting the game on the front foot

That'll take him to two years in post, prior to his permanent appointment. And when i say he's got three games, i mean in terms of having enough games left for someone else to come in and make a difference, just as he was given that time back in 2019

Even then, he'll need to show some public acknowledgement of having learnt lessons about life as a manager in L1 for him to be worth considering for a new contract. With just six weeks to run on his current one, i'd wish him all the best for the future right away without hesitation

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024