Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club Statement 10:04 - Feb 24 with 15820 viewsdale1968

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/february/statement_board-of-directors_24

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Club Statement on 10:12 - Feb 24 with 6408 viewsQuigley_dale

How can a signing be 'exaggerated' it either happened, or as we subsequently found out, it didn't.
Club Statement on 10:14 - Feb 24 with 6392 viewsdale1968

So BBM has board backing..

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Club Statement on 10:22 - Feb 24 with 6307 viewsRotherhamDale

Back to league 2 we go then.

Possession with progression.

Club Statement on 10:25 - Feb 24 with 6279 viewsoff2div1

Club Statement on 10:12 - Feb 24 by Quigley_dale

How can a signing be 'exaggerated' it either happened, or as we subsequently found out, it didn't.

It means we got bugger all. but they will lend us a few boys they want us to develop
Club Statement on 10:26 - Feb 24 with 6265 viewsncfc_chalky

Club Statement on 10:14 - Feb 24 by dale1968

So BBM has board backing..

We all know what that means.....

So then,who's currently available?

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Club Statement on 10:28 - Feb 24 with 6240 viewsD_Alien

It was 'exaggerated' by BBM on Sky, apparently, which can only have been based on information he'd received from a very senior level

AK has got his work cut out, and that's no exaggeration. He's known for straight talking, and the first words he needs to have is to BBM to impart some advice on how to do the same

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Club Statement on 10:28 - Feb 24 with 6244 viewsAtThePeake

It says that 'rumours were exaggerated' tbf.

Although those rumours were probably fuelled by the manager all but confirming it on Sky Sports News.

Tangled up in blue.

Club Statement on 10:32 - Feb 24 with 6195 viewsTipperaryDale

Cautiously welcome this... it seems the current board have thrown their lot in with the Americans and are adopting the 'Brentford approach' to running the football club. Staying in League One is vital... for me it all comes down to injuries and having our best defenders available for the rest of the season. I know we haven't scored in the last two, but we will score enough to stay up as long as we keep the goals to a minimum.

I don't see a new manager coming in fitting with the board's vision, nor it having much positive effect on the players or our results - for all BBM's faults, the decisions he has made over the past 12 months will have more of a bearing on the rest of this year than anything else.

Time to back them and judge at the end of the season.
Login to get fewer ads

Club Statement on 10:32 - Feb 24 with 6189 viewsQuigley_dale

Club Statement on 10:28 - Feb 24 by AtThePeake

It says that 'rumours were exaggerated' tbf.

Although those rumours were probably fuelled by the manager all but confirming it on Sky Sports News.

Correct, it says rumours.

So therefore a better way of wording it would've been to say 'the rumours of his signing by City were false'.
Club Statement on 10:35 - Feb 24 with 6156 viewsboromat

The main thing I take from that is that the board are essentially taking the blame for the current on field problems while obviously giving their excuses and not outright stating it's their fault. I think this is probably fair on BBM to some extent. It's also quite extraordinary as I don't think you'd get that from many other clubs boards instead the manager would be gone to spare their blushes.

Lots of concerns now I'm sure about club ownership the plan forward and the introduction of the Americans on to the board whilst having the director that was so defensive against them as the interim chair.

Overall at least it's a statement that at least touches on all of the concerns that have been raised on here in recent weeks. And follows it up with a forum. Looking forward to a Dale Trust response.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Club Statement on 10:41 - Feb 24 with 6085 viewsShun

Americans in. Let's get some Moneyball going.
Club Statement on 10:43 - Feb 24 with 6066 viewsFrog

RAFC’s technical staff have had exclusive access to smarterscout’s complete database since December 2019, as well as tactical analysis of opposing teams during this season.

That's helped then.
Club Statement on 10:49 - Feb 24 with 5990 viewsNigeriamark

Club Statement on 10:35 - Feb 24 by boromat

The main thing I take from that is that the board are essentially taking the blame for the current on field problems while obviously giving their excuses and not outright stating it's their fault. I think this is probably fair on BBM to some extent. It's also quite extraordinary as I don't think you'd get that from many other clubs boards instead the manager would be gone to spare their blushes.

Lots of concerns now I'm sure about club ownership the plan forward and the introduction of the Americans on to the board whilst having the director that was so defensive against them as the interim chair.

Overall at least it's a statement that at least touches on all of the concerns that have been raised on here in recent weeks. And follows it up with a forum. Looking forward to a Dale Trust response.

Also indicates that we have gone back to the "Rochdale model" which brought us the most successful period in the history of the club, both on and off the field. Back to a low player budget and relying on young players to both contribute to the team and be sold to raise funds to fill the annual loss on normal operations. If we can survive this year & have some stability with the finances, which must be reasonably healthy in terms of the rest of the league, there is an opportunity to push on. Just depends if they think it is with or without the current manager which I still think is the biggest decision to be made in the near future. If he goes we may be quite an attractive club to come to as there will be plenty of others who will not be so financially secure

Interesting is also they have indicated that they are not a club where the directors put there own private cash into the business, and why should they? So getting back to being a proper business that pays it's own way with only calculated risks.
Club Statement on 10:51 - Feb 24 with 5973 viewsShun

Club Statement on 10:32 - Feb 24 by Quigley_dale

Correct, it says rumours.

So therefore a better way of wording it would've been to say 'the rumours of his signing by City were false'.

'The rumours were exaggerated' is a completely adequate, and common, turn of phrase to describe the situation. I'm not sure why you're choosing to be put off by a simple phrase that does exactly what it needs to.

'Rumours of my death are greatly exaggerated,' for example. He's either dead or he isn't. Everyone know what he means.
Club Statement on 10:56 - Feb 24 with 5923 viewsfitzochris

Club Statement on 10:51 - Feb 24 by Shun

'The rumours were exaggerated' is a completely adequate, and common, turn of phrase to describe the situation. I'm not sure why you're choosing to be put off by a simple phrase that does exactly what it needs to.

'Rumours of my death are greatly exaggerated,' for example. He's either dead or he isn't. Everyone know what he means.

It's disingenuous though, Shun.

Usually, I would support the club - any club's decision - not to comment on speculation or rumours. However, when the first-team manager has appeared on Sky all but confirming it, and then very accurate reports were published based on information that was true at the time, it is only natural that supporters are left scratching their heads.

It isn't hard for the club to say what happened and hopefully they will at the Fans' Forum, especially as it may still have a beneficial outcome for the club.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Club Statement on 10:56 - Feb 24 with 5926 viewsIOMDale

Club Statement on 10:49 - Feb 24 by Nigeriamark

Also indicates that we have gone back to the "Rochdale model" which brought us the most successful period in the history of the club, both on and off the field. Back to a low player budget and relying on young players to both contribute to the team and be sold to raise funds to fill the annual loss on normal operations. If we can survive this year & have some stability with the finances, which must be reasonably healthy in terms of the rest of the league, there is an opportunity to push on. Just depends if they think it is with or without the current manager which I still think is the biggest decision to be made in the near future. If he goes we may be quite an attractive club to come to as there will be plenty of others who will not be so financially secure

Interesting is also they have indicated that they are not a club where the directors put there own private cash into the business, and why should they? So getting back to being a proper business that pays it's own way with only calculated risks.

It's this last paragraph that leaves me slightly confused re: board investment.

I may be doing him a disservice but I doubt a hedge fund owner (Emre Marcelli) would bother investing in us unless there's an eventual tidy profit to be made, given he's got no ties to the club. As a hedge fund manager, you're constantly speculating to accumulate so I assume the plan is for him to invest some personal capital? Maybe towards the proposed new training complex, one of Altman and Marcelli's original stated aims.

UTDNFS

Club Statement on 10:57 - Feb 24 with 5917 viewsQuigley_dale

Club Statement on 10:51 - Feb 24 by Shun

Completely missing the point
Club Statement on 10:57 - Feb 24 with 5907 viewsfitzochris

Club Statement on 10:56 - Feb 24 by IOMDale

It's this last paragraph that leaves me slightly confused re: board investment.

I may be doing him a disservice but I doubt a hedge fund owner (Emre Marcelli) would bother investing in us unless there's an eventual tidy profit to be made, given he's got no ties to the club. As a hedge fund manager, you're constantly speculating to accumulate so I assume the plan is for him to invest some personal capital? Maybe towards the proposed new training complex, one of Altman and Marcelli's original stated aims.

This is one area that really needs a good eye kept on it.

Club Statement on 11:00 - Feb 24 with 5876 viewsD_Alien

Club Statement on 10:57 - Feb 24 by fitzochris

This is one area that really needs a good eye kept on it.

That's both your eyes currently occupied...

Unless you've a third?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Club Statement on 11:01 - Feb 24 with 5870 viewsIOMDale

Club Statement on 11:00 - Feb 24 by D_Alien

Unless you've a third?

Only if you practice yoga.

UTDNFS

Club Statement on 11:04 - Feb 24 with 5828 viewsfitzochris

Club Statement on 11:00 - Feb 24 by D_Alien

Unless you've a third?

That’s why they call me the cyclops...

... they don’t.

Club Statement on 11:11 - Feb 24 with 5765 viewsboromat

Club Statement on 10:56 - Feb 24 by fitzochris

It's disingenuous though, Shun.

Usually, I would support the club - any club's decision - not to comment on speculation or rumours. However, when the first-team manager has appeared on Sky all but confirming it, and then very accurate reports were published based on information that was true at the time, it is only natural that supporters are left scratching their heads.

It isn't hard for the club to say what happened and hopefully they will at the Fans' Forum, especially as it may still have a beneficial outcome for the club.

Unless discussing it in any more detail in public has a negative effect on any potential future deal.

The Baah topic is a big red herring for me and a distraction from the main topic which is the move to bring the Americans onto the board.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Club Statement on 11:12 - Feb 24 with 5764 viewsJPSDale

Americans on the Board makes me very nervous. They have previously stated they wanted control, or they would not bother. Now they have been appointed to aging Board as the largest shareholders under 70. Andy Kelly has agreed to be a temporary Chair until one is appointed - he has his work cut out to keep the club out of the control of the Americans.

The question I would like to have answered - what are the existing large shareholders intensions ? A Kilpatrick 110,000, D Kilpatrick 22397, J Marsh / Family 35000, G Morris 32072. These shareholders now sway the balance - the Americans have 37342 + 37343 = 74685 total shares which is more than A Kelly, but not more than the whole of the current Board, but if one of the above were to sell to the Americans, then they will have control without the club receiving a penny of investment. There are more shares on the sidelines than in the game - this is a risk and a threat to the stability & direction of the club.

The previous terms of the American offer of investment were far from acceptable and placed the club at un-necessary risk, hence the rejection. Now on the Board they can make the same proposals and potentially vote it through unless the rest of the Board are united and say no.

We need a clear statement from the Americans as to their intensions.

I hope for the best, but fear the worst ( part of being a Dale fan I guess )
Club Statement on 11:14 - Feb 24 with 5737 viewsShun

Club Statement on 10:57 - Feb 24 by Quigley_dale

Completely missing the point

Not really. You're deliberately getting upset over a completely adequate and common phrase. Everyone knows what the phrase means. You could always just go on downvoting every post on the board though if you want.

To fitzo, it's disingenuous in that they could have come out and told the full story, but the actual wording they used is fine. I would argue that if they'd said 'the rumours of Baah's transfer to City were false', as Quigley suggested, that would have been more disingenuous as it implies there was nothing behind the rumours. When we know the rumours had some grounding as you've already confirmed Baah had a medical at City. 'Exaggerated' is far more appropriate than 'false' in this instance.
Club Statement on 11:15 - Feb 24 with 5727 viewsIOMDale

Club Statement on 11:12 - Feb 24 by JPSDale

Americans on the Board makes me very nervous. They have previously stated they wanted control, or they would not bother. Now they have been appointed to aging Board as the largest shareholders under 70. Andy Kelly has agreed to be a temporary Chair until one is appointed - he has his work cut out to keep the club out of the control of the Americans.

The question I would like to have answered - what are the existing large shareholders intensions ? A Kilpatrick 110,000, D Kilpatrick 22397, J Marsh / Family 35000, G Morris 32072. These shareholders now sway the balance - the Americans have 37342 + 37343 = 74685 total shares which is more than A Kelly, but not more than the whole of the current Board, but if one of the above were to sell to the Americans, then they will have control without the club receiving a penny of investment. There are more shares on the sidelines than in the game - this is a risk and a threat to the stability & direction of the club.

The previous terms of the American offer of investment were far from acceptable and placed the club at un-necessary risk, hence the rejection. Now on the Board they can make the same proposals and potentially vote it through unless the rest of the Board are united and say no.

We need a clear statement from the Americans as to their intensions.

I hope for the best, but fear the worst ( part of being a Dale fan I guess )

In light of the appointment of the Americans to the board, revisiting this statement from our new interim Chairman makes for very interesting re-reading:

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/june/statement--andrew-kelly/

UTDNFS

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024