Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE AFTERMATH 21:09 - Feb 28 with 17212 viewsNotLoyal

It’s another exciting encounter in the EFL Championship, and it’s very exciting too. Here is the Matchday thread for this exciting game, it’s really interesting.

EFL Championship
Stripey Hoof Stadium
Wednesday March 3rd 2021
Kick off 8.15pm

Match Officials
DAVID WEBB
Ian Cooper and Daniel Leach
Fourth Official : Marc Edwards

TELEVISION

This game will be shown LIVE on SKY SPORTS football

The Graeme Potters and the Super Swans face off again in ( C’mon ) Stoke. Not the best of hunting grounds for the swans over the years and especially after recent results, there are easier places to go. Like Canterbury for instance, the cathedral there allows access to get some lovely graveside rubbings done. On the plus side during Cooper’s last post match press gathering he had the look of a man who had already had his face rubbed with a rubby thing or whatever they use to do these things.

History
Stoke City v Swansea City

Games won: 30. Stoke City are in the ascendancy here
Games drawn: 21. Neither side has drawn more than the other
Games lost: 24. Or should we say games won by Swansea

There are other considerable and memorable moments in history, not necessarily related to this fixture, just in history itself. The Chinese are allegedly the First Nation to invent the grape, that was around 7000 years BC ( Before Cooper ) although that would be 9,000 years BC ? In any event photographs from back then show grapes being sold in markets and fermented in to wine. It is now known by crossing a very small balloon and a drop of water the grape is made. Cleaver folk the Chinese. That may lead me on to who invented the balloon, but not in this particular thread.

A picture of the first grapes discovered by Chinese people way back before TV and motorised teeth

Incredible when you think that at no time have they featured on a takeaway menu. I’ll mention it next time I’m down my local takeaway the ‘Thai Tanic’ although it’s more favourable the guys who run ‘Chipsy Kings’ will be more responsive. My favourite takeaway in my neck of the woods is ‘For cod and for Ulcer’ over in the red, white and blue part of town. Great battered sausages. Although I’m a vegan, if I wasn’t they would be on my menu, but they aren’t. If it had a face and you eat it you are a part of the problem, not the solution, especially for pigs.

A pig yesterday

Stoke City Facts
Stoke City have had to put up with several rugby references over the years, so much so the football league now allow them to run whilst carrying the ball.

A Stoke player in action in the past, see how he glides with the ball in one hand ?

Pre-match trivia

Stoke are unbeaten in their last nine home league games against Swansea (W7 D2), winning each of their last four in a row.

Swansea last completed a league double over Stoke back in 2000-01 in the third tier.

Stoke have lost their last two games in the Championship, while they have only lost three in a row in the competition once previously under Michael O’Neill (in December 2019).

Swansea have suffered defeats in two of their last three Championship games (W1), as many defeats as they had in their previous 17 league games combined.

Both of Stoke boss Michael O’Neill’s previous Championship games against Swansea have ended 2-0, with Stoke winning one and losing the other. Their 2-0 victory did come in this exact fixture last season, however.

Match Report
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/54414/stoke-city-1-swans

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 22:18 - Mar 3 with 1200 viewsonehunglow

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 22:14 - Mar 3 by Joe_bradshaw

Sorry to see you upset.

Clarke the diver doesn’t like a dive bizarrely.

He s not upset.He is honest.

You hate diving when that lad did it but not us.

Massive hypocrisy .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 22:19 - Mar 3 with 1196 viewsHighjack

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 22:16 - Mar 3 by onehunglow

Let's face it.
That was as bad a cheat as you'd see.

Naughton is s drama queen par excellence and if that were given against us we'd be livid.

Fair play Steve is a lucky boy.

We are all hypocrites as we are happy with that a we won.

It leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Normally I’d agree but it’s Stoke so screw them. The amount of points they’ve diddled out of us over the last decade or so with dodgy decisions it’s about time we had something back.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 22:19 - Mar 3 with 1188 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 22:18 - Mar 3 by onehunglow

He s not upset.He is honest.

You hate diving when that lad did it but not us.

Massive hypocrisy .

I remember Victor Moses on that ground.

Karma.

F**k them.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 22:20 - Mar 3 with 1175 viewshobo

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 22:16 - Mar 3 by onehunglow

Let's face it.

Naughton is s drama queen par excellence and if that were given against us we'd be livid.

Naughton isn’t a drama queen

Steve isn’t a lucky boy

We’re not hypocrites at being happy we won. We’d be hypocrites if we’d say it’s it’s a fair penalty as we’d be livid if it was against us. Not one poster is saying it was a pen

A deserved win!
Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 22:20 - Mar 3 with 1173 viewsCatullus

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 22:13 - Mar 3 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Full credit to Naughton - he's cheated Stoke out of a point. Fantastic.

Because no one ever did it to us? No Manyoo player ever dived eh.

That's just Karma for Clarke cheating the ref and getting 4 free kicks during the game. What goes around...

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 22:20 - Mar 3 with 1168 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 22:16 - Mar 3 by jackrabbit

You cannot be serious!

Are you watching this game ? Okay we conned him for the penalty but everything else he gave them. FACT

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 22:20 - Mar 3 with 1166 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 21:59 - Mar 3 by vetchonian

Ayew really showing signs of fatigue...makes the defensive header then races upfield

Yes he does "race" up field, just not very quickly.

I have no idea why we keep putting high balls up field, we have hardly won any at all.
It just gives them back the ball, are we now scared to play out from the back?
Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 22:21 - Mar 3 with 1145 viewsonehunglow

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 22:19 - Mar 3 by Joe_bradshaw

I remember Victor Moses on that ground.

Karma.

F**k them.

I remember Moses in the bullrushes

Great result though.
Joe got away with a clear handball
Manning could have seen red

I 'll read a good book now

Login to get fewer ads

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 22:21 - Mar 3 with 1146 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 22:20 - Mar 3 by A_Fans_Dad

Yes he does "race" up field, just not very quickly.

I have no idea why we keep putting high balls up field, we have hardly won any at all.
It just gives them back the ball, are we now scared to play out from the back?

We have lost our composure. Some of our decision making on the ball was shocking

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 22:21 - Mar 3 with 1140 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 22:20 - Mar 3 by Catullus

Because no one ever did it to us? No Manyoo player ever dived eh.

That's just Karma for Clarke cheating the ref and getting 4 free kicks during the game. What goes around...

I'm delighted that he did what he did. I have no problem with us cheating our way to wins. Every team does it.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 22:22 - Mar 3 with 1133 viewsCatullus

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 22:20 - Mar 3 by hobo

Naughton isn’t a drama queen

Steve isn’t a lucky boy

We’re not hypocrites at being happy we won. We’d be hypocrites if we’d say it’s it’s a fair penalty as we’d be livid if it was against us. Not one poster is saying it was a pen

A deserved win!

^this

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 22:22 - Mar 3 with 1130 viewsswancity

Let's face it.

What very weird comments yet again from you. No change there I suppose.

You sound gutted that we’ve won.

By the way hope you enjoyed another good display from Woodman. He was great wasn’t he.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 22:22 - Mar 3 with 1126 viewsmax936

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 22:14 - Mar 3 by LittleEnglandJack

I'm cackling like a crazed mad man here. Never a pen but I think we deserved that!

Spot on, but we'll take it, we been on the wrong end of those enough times to deserve this one, not a bad game though, probably a draw would have been fair, but hey ho we had the win.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2021 22:25]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 22:22 - Mar 3 with 1119 viewsBadlands

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 22:17 - Mar 3 by A_Fans_Dad

That must be the reason that Ayew plays the full time, so he can score from late penalties.

Soft pen but was it make up for the hand ball decisions he'd ignored earlier.
Great 3 points but that was all in an evenly balanced game against a mid table side.
Stoke lived up to reputation ... dirty cheats who always leave something in the tackle then whine if they are touched.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 22:22 - Mar 3 with 1118 viewsthornabyswan

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 21:57 - Mar 3 by Highjack

Ref is beyond awful

I thought he had a good last 10 seconds

Well played Swans

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 22:22 - Mar 3 with 1113 viewsHighjack

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 22:19 - Mar 3 by Highjack

Normally I’d agree but it’s Stoke so screw them. The amount of points they’ve diddled out of us over the last decade or so with dodgy decisions it’s about time we had something back.

Oh and if you’re reading Mr Clucas, have that you useless lanky streak of ginger piss.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 22:23 - Mar 3 with 1107 viewsonehunglow

Think we can now bury the English ref conspiracy theory

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 22:23 - Mar 3 with 1107 viewspencoedjack

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 22:19 - Mar 3 by Highjack

This x 1000

Feck em
Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 22:24 - Mar 3 with 1098 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 22:22 - Mar 3 by max936

Spot on, but we'll take it, we been on the wrong end of those enough times to deserve this one, not a bad game though, probably a draw would have been fair, but hey ho we had the win.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2021 22:25]

And of course f*ck stoke and Joey F*cking Allen the little pr*ck

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 22:24 - Mar 3 with 1084 viewsonehunglow

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 22:23 - Mar 3 by pencoedjack

This x 1000

Feck em

In all seriousness ,part of me is chuckling the other confused.

Woody had a decent game too.

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 22:25 - Mar 3 with 1082 viewstheloneranger

Homer ref, a diving cheat in Clarke, and we win with a pen at Stoke. 😂😂

Ash must be p1ssing himself laughing in the studio. It's been a long time coming after the Moses pen up there, and the pen in the 3-3 draw over the Liberty. 😎

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 22:25 - Mar 3 with 1074 viewsLittleEnglandJack

I reckon we're even now after that horror show by Bobby Madley to gift them a draw (after we'd come from 2 down) in 2014.
Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 22:25 - Mar 3 with 1070 viewsthornabyswan

Let's face it.

Payback for the 3.3 at the Liberty a few years ago.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 22:27 - Mar 3 with 1044 viewsBrynmill_Jack

On a more positive note - just give Connor Roberts POTS now . Unbelievable

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 22:27 - Mar 3 with 1039 viewshobo

F*cl VAR too
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024