Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gary Neville 19:12 - Jul 12 with 8145 viewssaint22

Talking sense again
Asking why when our PM refused to condemn those Booing when players take the knee AGAINST racism last week, we are Surprised that people Post such vile abuse online
As he said it starts at the top
Gary Neville on 17:45 - Jul 13 with 1022 viewsDorsetIan

Gary Neville on 17:36 - Jul 13 by Bicester_North

The players are then cheered when they play the game or in the warm up. If it was a personal thing directed at the players surely people would carry on booing during the match?
[Post edited 13 Jul 2021 17:37]

Who said it was a personal thing? They are being booed because they take the knee. Obviously.

But gestures aren't booed. Ideas aren't booed. People are. Because gestures are made by people. They don't exist in a world of their own.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Gary Neville on 17:50 - Jul 13 with 1013 viewsChesham_Saint

Gary Neville on 17:36 - Jul 13 by Bicester_North

The players are then cheered when they play the game or in the warm up. If it was a personal thing directed at the players surely people would carry on booing during the match?
[Post edited 13 Jul 2021 17:37]

Aside from that England game, who on here has personally heard or seen any racist abuse at a match in recent years? Who?

Not at any Saints match I’ve been to, that’s for sure. Blue? Toffs? What are your clubs like these days; I bet Everton have come a long way from the “we are Everton, we are white” days?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Gary Neville on 17:53 - Jul 13 with 1009 viewsSaintsforeverj

Gary Neville on 17:45 - Jul 13 by DorsetIan

Who said it was a personal thing? They are being booed because they take the knee. Obviously.

But gestures aren't booed. Ideas aren't booed. People are. Because gestures are made by people. They don't exist in a world of their own.

They might be booing a gesture that isn't improving the lives of black people. Is Zaha racist for refusing to take the knee? The racism continues because all there is, is noise. The racism needs to be stopped and I mean stopped, just like they stop thousands of terrorist atrocities every year. The authorities just take that more seriously. The point is, how would you feel as a black person, if all we can do is stand on one knee? I mean is that it? Meanwhile racism continues.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2021 17:56]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Gary Neville on 18:04 - Jul 13 with 991 viewsBicester_North

Gary Neville on 17:45 - Jul 13 by DorsetIan

You said it was the players being booed. If you boo people it’s personal. Personal means relating to a person.

Booing the team would indicate the team isn’t being supported. The team was being supported.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Gary Neville on 18:22 - Jul 13 with 962 viewssaintwizzler

Gary Neville on 17:50 - Jul 13 by Chesham_Saint

Aside from that England game, who on here has personally heard or seen any racist abuse at a match in recent years? Who?

Not at any Saints match I’ve been to, that’s for sure. Blue? Toffs? What are your clubs like these days; I bet Everton have come a long way from the “we are Everton, we are white” days?

I went to all the England games in Euro 2020 and didn’t see any racism.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Gary Neville on 18:32 - Jul 13 with 948 viewsBicester_North

Gary Neville on 18:22 - Jul 13 by saintwizzler

Me neither. In the earlier rounds there weren’t any knobheads running around either, just proper football fans.

The final was always going to bring the rats into town. Even then, media hysteria and new age football fans, politicians and celebrities having their say makes it all appear tons worse.

A few hundred bellends most of whom never had tickets
[Post edited 13 Jul 2021 18:34]

Gary Neville on 19:00 - Jul 13 with 921 viewsDorsetIan

Gary Neville on 18:04 - Jul 13 by Bicester_North

You said it was the players being booed. If you boo people it’s personal. Personal means relating to a person.

Booing the team would indicate the team isn’t being supported. The team was being supported.

The players were being booed - something which all your semantic dancing around on the head of a pin isn't going to change.

There were players on the pitch taking a knee and some fans were booing them for it. It's very simple.

Maybe it's because all these anti-woke warriors were so far up their own @rses with their convoluted anti-anti-racist thinking that they couldn't see the wood for the trees...

...until the team started to do well, when they realised that booing these players was not on, so they stopped.

Gary Neville on 19:07 - Jul 13 with 916 viewsSadoldgit

Gary Neville on 17:31 - Jul 13 by Saintsforeverj

The difference being that there are harsh consequences for the crimes you mention. Racism is treated as not so important, which is why is doesn't stop. We don't have campaigns to stop murder. We all know the consequences of such a crime, whereas racism, I say again, they get away with it, so don't expect it to stop.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2021 17:35]

People are prosecuted for hate crimes. The amount of hate crimes being prosecuted has increased in the last few years. Racism in football is an issue. Players are trying to do something about it. I really don’t see what the problem is? I find it very strange that people would have an issue with others taking a stand against racism.
Login to get fewer ads

Gary Neville on 19:13 - Jul 13 with 911 viewsSaintsforeverj

Gary Neville on 19:07 - Jul 13 by Sadoldgit

People are prosecuted for hate crimes. The amount of hate crimes being prosecuted has increased in the last few years. Racism in football is an issue. Players are trying to do something about it. I really don’t see what the problem is? I find it very strange that people would have an issue with others taking a stand against racism.

The issue is not having a problem with taking a stand against racism. But if you take a stand, make sure it works. Taking a stand is not taking a stand at all, if it isnt stopping the abuse or even reducing it. Taking a proper stand in my view, would be finding the racists and throwing the book at them. Do you at least agree with that? And before you say how, how did they find Bin Laden or stop terrorists? They take a stand, that's what.

Gary Neville on 19:13 - Jul 13 with 911 viewsSadoldgit

https://www.cps.gov.uk/cps/news/proportion-hate-crime-cases-getting-increased-se
Gary Neville on 19:15 - Jul 13 with 909 viewsSaintsforeverj

Gary Neville on 19:13 - Jul 13 by Sadoldgit

https://www.cps.gov.uk/cps/news/proportion-hate-crime-cases-getting-increased-se

Do they get 30 years for it? Or just a slap on the wrist?
[Post edited 13 Jul 2021 19:16]

Gary Neville on 19:27 - Jul 13 with 892 viewsBicester_North

Gary Neville on 19:00 - Jul 13 by DorsetIan

The players were being booed - something which all your semantic dancing around on the head of a pin isn't going to change.

There were players on the pitch taking a knee and some fans were booing them for it. It's very simple.

Maybe it's because all these anti-woke warriors were so far up their own @rses with their convoluted anti-anti-racist thinking that they couldn't see the wood for the trees...

...until the team started to do well, when they realised that booing these players was not on, so they stopped.

Oh dear Ian, you always get all angry and show your narrow minded prejudice when your pseudo intellectual dribble gets rumbled.

Gary Neville on 19:39 - Jul 13 with 880 viewssaint22

Gary Neville on 19:13 - Jul 13 by Saintsforeverj

The issue is not having a problem with taking a stand against racism. But if you take a stand, make sure it works. Taking a stand is not taking a stand at all, if it isnt stopping the abuse or even reducing it. Taking a proper stand in my view, would be finding the racists and throwing the book at them. Do you at least agree with that? And before you say how, how did they find Bin Laden or stop terrorists? They take a stand, that's what.

A 50 year old arrested for a tweet inciting racial hatred towards Marcus Rashford
Yes that’s a 50 year old
Ffs
Gary Neville on 19:47 - Jul 13 with 873 viewsSaintsforeverj

Gary Neville on 19:39 - Jul 13 by saint22

A 50 year old arrested for a tweet inciting racial hatred towards Marcus Rashford
Yes that’s a 50 year old
Ffs

So let's see if they take a proper stand and make an example of him. Or will he just get a small fine and released? That's the point, we can take the knee for eternity, but the racists won't stop if they know they just face a small fine and a warning.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2021 19:48]

Gary Neville on 20:17 - Jul 13 with 853 viewsSadoldgit

Gary Neville on 19:15 - Jul 13 by Saintsforeverj

Do they get 30 years for it? Or just a slap on the wrist?
[Post edited 13 Jul 2021 19:16]

You rarely get 30 years for murder.
Gary Neville on 20:42 - Jul 13 with 836 viewsDorsetIan

Gary Neville on 19:27 - Jul 13 by Bicester_North

Oh dear Ian, you always get all angry and show your narrow minded prejudice when your pseudo intellectual dribble gets rumbled.

Yes, my point is so convoluted. Players. Being booed. Too clever by half.

Gary Neville on 20:45 - Jul 13 with 834 viewsChesham_Saint

Gary Neville on 18:22 - Jul 13 by saintwizzler

Is that what’s known as an inconvenient truth?

Gary Neville on 20:55 - Jul 13 with 824 viewsSaintsforeverj

Gary Neville on 20:17 - Jul 13 by Sadoldgit

You rarely get 30 years for murder.

For someone against racism, I'm surprised you arn't agreeing that the racists having a heavy sentence would deter them and would send a much stronger message than just taking a knee.

Gary Neville on 00:01 - Jul 14 with 773 viewsNewdawn2014

he frequently does talk sense , without all the crap.
Gary Neville on 06:44 - Jul 14 with 721 viewsSalisburySaint

Unfortunately I’ve heard several racist remarks from fans around me at St Mary’s, the problem is still here from a small minority
Gary Neville on 07:34 - Jul 14 with 707 viewssolent_toffee

Probably about twelve years ago I had the misfortune of sitting next to a group of scumbag Evertonians at the first game of the season. They used the n word amongst others throughout at their own players and booed when a black Everton player, possibly Anichebe, came on as sub.

I wrote to the club and moved my season ticket and reported them to kick it out.

You are right though, since then I’ve heard nothing and I think by and large it’s self policed by fans.

Labours call for banning online racists is missing the point. Southgate said the other day that the vast majority of the abuse was traced to abroad and I doubt most of those who were from the UK attend matches.

On a side note, this month is Pride month. Everton always change their logo on their online platforms and I posted something like I do every year and every year without fail I get horrific homophobic abuse not from this country but from Ireland, the Middle East, Africa and certain parts of Europe. Nothing is ever mentioned. It’s almost as though football can’t cope with that level of diversity.

Liverpool and United counteract this level of abuse by putting filters on their platforms so that their stance against homophobia isn’t seen in those countries. After all they don’t want to lose their revenue.
Gary Neville on 08:13 - Jul 14 with 674 viewsSadoldgit

Gary Neville on 20:55 - Jul 13 by Saintsforeverj

For someone against racism, I'm surprised you arn't agreeing that the racists having a heavy sentence would deter them and would send a much stronger message than just taking a knee.

Where have I said that I don’t agree that they should be dealt with appropriately? They all deserve to be treated with the full force of the Criminal Justice System. That includes people who say that Muslim women look like letter boxes and refer to black people as piccaninnies with watermelon smiles. Agreed?
[Post edited 14 Jul 2021 8:15]
Gary Neville on 10:21 - Jul 14 with 635 viewsPaleRider

Chesh - I have.

It was only once and it was at a cup game, so may not have been a regular supporter. The sad thing was that it was directed at on of our own - Boufal. The person in question was clearly ESN based on his drivel throughout the game.

My mate, who is a season ticket holder, has also called out a father who was racially abusing players despite being with a child at a game.

It does happen but mercifully is pretty rare.
Gary Neville on 10:29 - Jul 14 with 626 viewsChesham_Saint

Gary Neville on 10:21 - Jul 14 by PaleRider

Chesh - I have.

It was only once and it was at a cup game, so may not have been a regular supporter. The sad thing was that it was directed at on of our own - Boufal. The person in question was clearly ESN based on his drivel throughout the game.

My mate, who is a season ticket holder, has also called out a father who was racially abusing players despite being with a child at a game.

It does happen but mercifully is pretty rare.

Interesting, I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. I suppose the main thing is it was called out and not allowed to fester.

Gary Neville on 10:32 - Jul 14 with 625 viewsPaleRider

Gary Neville on 07:34 - Jul 14 by solent_toffee

Probably about twelve years ago I had the misfortune of sitting next to a group of scumbag Evertonians at the first game of the season. They used the n word amongst others throughout at their own players and booed when a black Everton player, possibly Anichebe, came on as sub.

I wrote to the club and moved my season ticket and reported them to kick it out.

You are right though, since then I’ve heard nothing and I think by and large it’s self policed by fans.

Labours call for banning online racists is missing the point. Southgate said the other day that the vast majority of the abuse was traced to abroad and I doubt most of those who were from the UK attend matches.

On a side note, this month is Pride month. Everton always change their logo on their online platforms and I posted something like I do every year and every year without fail I get horrific homophobic abuse not from this country but from Ireland, the Middle East, Africa and certain parts of Europe. Nothing is ever mentioned. It’s almost as though football can’t cope with that level of diversity.

Liverpool and United counteract this level of abuse by putting filters on their platforms so that their stance against homophobia isn’t seen in those countries. After all they don’t want to lose their revenue.

Toffs

You make some great points and good on you for standing up! As more people from other countries now "support" PL teams, some of their out-dated views will naturally come across. A lot of the problems over the last few days are from people who never go to games but vent on social media.

Racism, misogyny, homophobia all come from not just ignorance but fear. These traits are often displayed by people who have extreme lack of self-worth and feel threatened by those they don't understand. The combination of football (the global sport) and social media gives these people free rein to make themselves try to feel a bit better about themselves. That's no excuse but is an explanation.

Your point about Liverpool and United illustrates all that is wrong with the PL - money comes first and some clubs really care more about "fans" based outside of their local areas to whom they can flog a few shirts and get a few more clicks than their local communities. I would happily see both those clubs in particular kicked out of the PL. City are still very much a local club. The London clubs are interesting because they will always attract a tourist element but many of their supporters are London/Home Counties based.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024