Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread 11:55 - Aug 8 with 13054 viewsNotLoyal

League Cup
Tuesday August 10th 2021
Kick Off 8pm
Madejski Stadium

Match Officials
Referee Samuel Barrott will be assisted by Samuel Ogles and Michael Chard, with Darren Blunden the 4th Official for the game.

TV / Streaming info
N/A as yet

Previous encounters
Reading have failed to beat Swansea in the clubs last fifteen meetings, the last time they won was in 2008. Thirteen years ago. The last time the clubs met in the league cup was in 2017, just four years ago, the swans won 2-0. The 9,000 attendance that night was made up of 3,500 swans fans in the away end. We will look at the swans team that night below. It was an incredible line up compared to where we are today.

Substitutes Britton. Abraham J.Ayew. Mulder. Naughton. Fernandez Fulton

Anyone entering the next slice of life should be warned it isn’t pleasant

What’s this Reading all about then ?
Considering how dull, boring and thick Reading people are you would have thought the town would be called ‘Can’t Reading’ they have an extraordinary ability to be thick as mince. Pork mince. When Reading was invented it was meant to be a small room which people would gather and talk in some form of wurzelly gormless way. Hence the local dialect being called ‘Gormzelly’ Strawberry jelly was invented in Reading after a locals brain was lopped open and the contents were sprayed with cream. Reading is the biggest town in England due to the fact it can’t obtain city status, that’s how bad the place is. Six out of ten people from Reading think they are a sea port, the other four out of ten didn’t know where they were, let alone the place they inhabit. Reading did have the first female professor in the country though, when her distinction was recognised she moved away sharpish. There’s nothing good we can say about Reading, except it’s the fourth most likely place to win the best town in England out of three towns.

Warning over muppet

Did you know ?
Swansea City hold the record for the biggest FINAL win in the competitions history, 5-0 v Bradford City. The swans beat Liverpool away and Chelsea over two legs to make it to the final.

Magical Michu scoring at Wembley in a major final less than a hundred years ago

Pre Match build up here
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55424/russell-martin-we-

Reading: Luke Southwood, Tom Holmes (captain), Tom McIntyre, Dejan Tetek, Mamadi Camara, Kelvin Ehibhatiomhan, Claudio Osorio, Kian Leavy, Lynford Sackey, Nelson Abbey, George Puscas.

Substitutes: Conan Boyce-Clarke, Michael Stickland, Jahmari Clarke, Ethan Bristow, Imari Samuels, Benjamin Purcell, Jack Senga.

Swansea City: Steven Benda; Ben Cabango, Brandon Cooper, Joel Latibeaudiere; Kyle Naughton, Dan Williams, Yan Dhanda, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Morgan Whittaker, Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Nico Defreitas-Hansen, Ryan Manning, Jamal Lowe, Liam Cullen, Ben Lloyd, Lincoln Mcfayden, Kyle Joseph.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55437/piroe-scores-in-em

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 22:14 - Aug 10 with 1704 viewsjackrmee

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 22:11 - Aug 10 by jackrmee

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/12378332/reading-0-3-swansea

Some cracking stuff by Piroe on there.
Great goal and tackle by Lati.
Very promising stuff/

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 22:17 - Aug 10 with 1676 viewsDr_Parnassus

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 22:14 - Aug 10 by jackrmee

Very promising stuff/

Was just about to say Piroe looked very good on those clips.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 22:20 - Aug 10 with 1650 viewsAndyCole

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 21:56 - Aug 10 by jasper_T

Massive difference between a team that's almost entirely 17, 18 and 19 year olds, and one with a 20 year old debutant and two teenagers off the bench. 3 or 4 years older on average, surely.

A healthy dose of realism always worthwhile.

That said, a much needed massive confidence booster ahead of a massiver challenge ahead. Playing the strongest available team for the occasion is always the best policy, for so many reasons.

Well done Martin and the boys. (they really do read this site, btw)

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 22:22 - Aug 10 with 1636 viewsbritferry

73% possession, that's more like it... oh yeah, good win too

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 22:26 - Aug 10 with 1602 viewsCatullus

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 22:14 - Aug 10 by jackrmee

Very promising stuff/

I just watched it and while I know the quality of oppo wasn't great, again we tried quick pass and move, we tried riskier balls. Piroe looked handy, I hope to see him Saturday. I'll be there, I just have to find my little pick and shovel but I'll definitely be there!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 22:36 - Aug 10 with 1517 viewsraynor94

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 22:26 - Aug 10 by Catullus

I just watched it and while I know the quality of oppo wasn't great, again we tried quick pass and move, we tried riskier balls. Piroe looked handy, I hope to see him Saturday. I'll be there, I just have to find my little pick and shovel but I'll definitely be there!

Singing a Cardiff City song

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 23:07 - Aug 10 with 1361 viewsjackrmee

Martin speaks well. So much better than the same old stuff coming out of Coopers mouth every press conference.
Really happy with the changes so far this season and excited for the weeks ahead, especially after tonights showing!!

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/russell-martin-theres-more-do-we-have-made-prog

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 23:09 - Aug 10 with 1356 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55437/piroe-scores-in-em

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 23:29 - Aug 10 with 1290 viewsTreforys_Jack

Well irrespective of the opposition, I flippin enjoyed that, triangles and everything mun !!!
Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 23:42 - Aug 10 with 1254 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 23:07 - Aug 10 by jackrmee

Martin speaks well. So much better than the same old stuff coming out of Coopers mouth every press conference.
Really happy with the changes so far this season and excited for the weeks ahead, especially after tonights showing!!

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/russell-martin-theres-more-do-we-have-made-prog

Saw the highlights and we’ve come along very nicely. Whilst Reading were young let’s not forget they were out to impress and put their hands up too - so a great result and a great performance too. Piroe’s solo run was just magical.

Great management of the player and Martin’s comments were superb tonight - good to see the youngster respond so positively. Brilliant night am counting down the hours to Saturday evening now.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 07:30 - Aug 11 with 1038 viewsMinesapint

Well after seeing the highlights and then listening to RMs post match interview, I am very much looking forward to seeing how this pans out. He speaks very well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024