Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread 04:12 - Aug 15 with 17327 viewsNotLoyal

The Graeme Potter’s are next to arrive at the Newly Named Stadium. This is a repeat of other games played between the two sides in the past. When Kyle Naughton fell over at Stoke a few months ago everybody accused Swansea of cheating, let’s get this straight. It wasn’t Stoke cheating, diving or injuring opposition players as they have done for years, apparently it was Swansea.

For this matchday thread we will pretend both clubs are in League two. Like Liverpool,if they were relegated three times.

Swansea City v Stoke City
Tuesday August 17th
7.45 pm Kick Off

This is Joshua Smith who is very young, he is older than twelve but not much more, his dad is John Smith, the man who makes tins of frothy alcohol for weirdos. Joshua should be well advised to give all dodgy decisions to the swans or the juvenile east stand will throw food at him and knock a barrier over. So, watch out Josh. Oh, by the way Josh is a referee, he owns a whistle. He will be able to blow his new whistle whilst other men will wave flags and buzz his arm. These are Mark ( Jack ) Russell and Nik ( Saint ) Barnard There is a fourth Official called Tom ( Vic ) Reeves, he will generally wave a board about and tell everyone around him to calm down.

In the meantime here is a thick looking Cardiff fan

Stoke people are called potters, unlike plumbers or parsnips. Plumbers are usually associated with Blackpool or Waterlooville, sometimes Thames. A parsnip is a vegetable, so maybe the association is with dwarf land down the road, Hi Ho ! Stoke is famous for oatcakes and for calling people duck. Oh hang on, Plumbers ? An oatcake is a plant made out of human excretion mixed with finger nails. It’s ok to taste but not as nice as say, a cheeseburger or indeed a Quorn dog. The main ‘firm’ in Stoke is Port Vale who regularly beat up Stokies, but all Port Vale fans are utter bellends, sums the pair of them up.

Stoke City are reported to have sold 380 tickets.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55497/swansea-city-v-sto

Swansea City: Steven Benda; Ben Cabango, Brandon Cooper, Ryan Manning; Joel Latibeaudiere, Flynn Downes, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Yan Dhanda; Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Lewis Webb, Morgan Whittaker, Jamie Paterson, Joel Piroe, Liam Cullen, Ethan Laird, Dan Williams.

Stoke City: Josef Bursik; Tommy Smith, Ben Wilmot, Harry Souttar, Leo Ostigard, Jacob Brown; Josh Tymon, Joe Allen (captain), Sam Clucas; Nick Powell, Sam Surridge.

Substitutes: Adam Davies, Morgan Fox, Danny Batth, Steven Fletcher, Alfie Doughty, Jordan Thompson, Tom Ince.

More to follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 08:49 - Aug 18 with 1513 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 08:42 - Aug 18 by swan65split

Hes had 2-3 weeks and the team/club has had a disruptive pre season, 4 or more players not available ,what do we expect 9 points form 3 games and 20 goals?!

FFS , its going to be a long season, and difficult no doubt.

A recognition of what we lacking and an approach that is adapted with that in mind would do.

Not asking too much is it? A bit of sense.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 09:42 - Aug 18 with 1433 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:59 - Aug 17 by jackrabbit

Not sure losing Lowe and Grimes would count as ‘weakening the squad’ - based on tonight’s performance!

The opposite.
Grimes departure would see more corners beat the first defender,free kicks converted ,passes made forward and tackles made.

Downes is far far better .

Lowe has been found out.

Piroe is our best striker and should be nurtured not messed about.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 09:49 - Aug 18 with 1439 viewsBadlands

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 08:49 - Aug 18 by Dr_Parnassus

A recognition of what we lacking and an approach that is adapted with that in mind would do.

Hoofball

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 09:52 - Aug 18 with 1431 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 09:49 - Aug 18 by Badlands

Hoofball

We aren't suited to that either, we have no target man.

A more direct approach not trying to knock it around a technically limited back 3 under severe pressure would be a start.

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 10:05 - Aug 18 with 1402 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 09:52 - Aug 18 by Dr_Parnassus

A more direct approach not trying to knock it around a technically limited back 3 under severe pressure would be a start.

Maybe he could improve the players we have and bring in experienced players instead of kids who will return to their clubs after being loaned to us .

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 10:18 - Aug 18 with 1402 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 09:52 - Aug 18 by Dr_Parnassus

Yep, either gettmg rid of grimes or coaching him not to be afraid to take the ball forward and look for the forward pass would help, by RMs presser it looks like the players aren't fit enough for his gameplan, now in 2- 3 weeks if it is still the same then we should start to get worried.

Oh yes getting bennett back would be a great help, his experience would be invaluable whether it be a back 4 or 3.
Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 12:09 - Aug 18 with 1322 viewsswan65split

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 08:49 - Aug 18 by Dr_Parnassus

Thank goodness we not Managers huh?
Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 12:16 - Aug 18 with 1313 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 12:09 - Aug 18 by swan65split

Thank goodness we not Managers huh?

Depends who is right I suppose.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 13:50 - Aug 18 with 1248 viewsswan65split

Its been said before, I rest my case my lord.
Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 13:54 - Aug 18 with 1242 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 13:50 - Aug 18 by swan65split

Its been said before, I rest my case my lord.

Weird. But ok.

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 14:05 - Aug 18 with 1238 viewsBadlands

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 10:18 - Aug 18 by Fireboy2

Yep, either gettmg rid of grimes or coaching him not to be afraid to take the ball forward and look for the forward pass would help, by RMs presser it looks like the players aren't fit enough for his gameplan, now in 2- 3 weeks if it is still the same then we should start to get worried.

Oh yes getting bennett back would be a great help, his experience would be invaluable whether it be a back 4 or 3.

Agree on Grimes
Not sure about Bennett. More important is to get Cabango, who seems to be the main organiser when played more central, in the middle of the three or have support of a wing back who comes back.
Last night Bennett was playing more of a wing back position and Latibeaudiere was rarely anywhere to be seen as a defensive player (compare his workload to that of Roberts!)
I didn't notice their goals too much last night but watching replays OMG.
The Clucas goal ... Grimes gets mugged and with three free players they walk through Grimes, Cooper, Manning, Downes ambling and no sign of Bidwell!
And the corner goal ... I'm pretty sure the 'keeper would have been given a foul if we'd b;locked him as they did.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 14:21 - Aug 18 with 1223 viewsswan65split

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 13:54 - Aug 18 by Dr_Parnassus

Weird. But ok.

Then think why I and others dont post much!
Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 14:31 - Aug 18 with 1209 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 14:21 - Aug 18 by swan65split

Then think why I and others dont post much!

Because your contributions consist of the type of stuff your posting here?

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 14:43 - Aug 18 with 1202 viewsswan65split

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 14:31 - Aug 18 by Dr_Parnassus

Because your contributions consist of the type of stuff your posting here?

My point proved .
Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 14:44 - Aug 18 with 1200 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 14:43 - Aug 18 by swan65split

My point proved .

Mine too, ironically.

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 16:13 - Aug 18 with 1143 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 14:05 - Aug 18 by Badlands

Agree on Grimes
Not sure about Bennett. More important is to get Cabango, who seems to be the main organiser when played more central, in the middle of the three or have support of a wing back who comes back.
Last night Bennett was playing more of a wing back position and Latibeaudiere was rarely anywhere to be seen as a defensive player (compare his workload to that of Roberts!)
I didn't notice their goals too much last night but watching replays OMG.
The Clucas goal ... Grimes gets mugged and with three free players they walk through Grimes, Cooper, Manning, Downes ambling and no sign of Bidwell!
And the corner goal ... I'm pretty sure the 'keeper would have been given a foul if we'd b;locked him as they did.

Bennett didn't play last night, if he did would have they scored 3 goals?
Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:28 - Aug 18 with 988 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 05:07 - Aug 18 by Fireboy2

Quite alot of teams pressed us last season Doc, but i see where you are coming from.

According to RM we have a few square pegs for round holes, now if we do not sell and get more in we could be in for more of the same for quite some time and RM won't last long.

SO now it is agreed we dont have a squad to play this way?
Funny many "defended" the previous manager by stating the fact we didnt have the players to play the pretty football we all crave and the manager was getting the best out of the reosurces he had yet many rubbished this ssaying it was purely down to the manager....now all of a sudden many on here are saying we havent the quality of players....

Before the pelters begin that I am a Cooper fan boy Im not I a SCFC fan but i am also someone who looks at things with perspective. Our previous manager worked out tactics to use the players he had to the achieve the best results possible and he got us to a play off final...it went pearshape there but Brentford were the better side....Now we have a new manager who wants to play a different way( Im not a fan of backwards passing for the sake of it...its worse than so called Cooper ball) but even recognising he doesnt have the resources to do so by his words" square pegs in round holes" though I prefer round pegs in square holes they fit but dont fill the slot ! He persists with trying to play this way.
A good manager would build confidence by playing to the teams stregths but working on the change on the training field it also gets the fans off his back.

Its still early days but despite what many say results dont matter its the style of play BUT we fans actually do want to us win....
Managing change is hard....and changing style in the championship os totally different to doing so in Lg1..
Lets hope Martin gets it right...I do ,my support is SCFC not the manager as they are transient like players

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:33 - Aug 18 with 976 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:28 - Aug 18 by vetchonian

Funny many "defended" the previous manager by stating the fact we didnt have the players to play the pretty football we all crave and the manager was getting the best out of the reosurces he had yet many rubbished this ssaying it was purely down to the manager....now all of a sudden many on here are saying we havent the quality of players....

Before the pelters begin that I am a Cooper fan boy Im not I a SCFC fan but i am also someone who looks at things with perspective. Our previous manager worked out tactics to use the players he had to the achieve the best results possible and he got us to a play off final...it went pearshape there but Brentford were the better side....Now we have a new manager who wants to play a different way( Im not a fan of backwards passing for the sake of it...its worse than so called Cooper ball) but even recognising he doesnt have the resources to do so by his words" square pegs in round holes" though I prefer round pegs in square holes they fit but dont fill the slot ! He persists with trying to play this way.
A good manager would build confidence by playing to the teams stregths but working on the change on the training field it also gets the fans off his back.

Its still early days but despite what many say results dont matter its the style of play BUT we fans actually do want to us win....
Managing change is hard....and changing style in the championship os totally different to doing so in Lg1..
Lets hope Martin gets it right...I do ,my support is SCFC not the manager as they are transient like players

Well played ir.
What we are seeing now are those who ee the chance to boast about their fanship,their uberfan status,the sort of people who post drivel exactly the opposite of that which they believe .They know nobody can ask them for provenence of their love. It is sickening.

Right now,we should be upset,annoyed,worried,irritated and asking of Martin as to just wtf he is about. Stoke looked world beaters compared to us.

We are being taken for fools by the Owners ,Chairman and now manager.

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:19 - Aug 18 with 936 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:33 - Aug 18 by onehunglow

Well played ir.
What we are seeing now are those who ee the chance to boast about their fanship,their uberfan status,the sort of people who post drivel exactly the opposite of that which they believe .They know nobody can ask them for provenence of their love. It is sickening.

Right now,we should be upset,annoyed,worried,irritated and asking of Martin as to just wtf he is about. Stoke looked world beaters compared to us.

We are being taken for fools by the Owners ,Chairman and now manager.

Who are you to tell people how they should feel? Personally i have a suspicion of anyone who uses the royal 'we'. We should do this and that. Also anyone who calls themselves "big" something and anyone who uses a large city in southeast England in their moniker.

I did not feel to good about another season with Cooper for sure. The current poor performances come as no surprise to me. Change is never easy.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:21 - Aug 18 with 932 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:19 - Aug 18 by ReslovenSwan1

Who are you to tell people how they should feel? Personally i have a suspicion of anyone who uses the royal 'we'. We should do this and that. Also anyone who calls themselves "big" something and anyone who uses a large city in southeast England in their moniker.

I did not feel to good about another season with Cooper for sure. The current poor performances come as no surprise to me. Change is never easy.

is that because Cooper dared to question the Americans you so worhip

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:24 - Aug 18 with 930 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:28 - Aug 18 by vetchonian

RM has said we have square pegs for round holes, not me.
Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:55 - Aug 18 with 911 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 09:49 - Aug 18 by Badlands

Hoofball

well at least that way the ball goes forwards.....and despite the myth thats not what Cooper advocated!!!!

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:59 - Aug 18 with 908 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:24 - Aug 18 by Fireboy2

RM has said we have square pegs for round holes, not me.

isnt that what I said that Martin stated he had square pegs in round holes.......
But many on here are saying we lack the quality in hte squad to play this way?

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 22:25 - Aug 18 with 893 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:59 - Aug 18 by vetchonian

isnt that what I said that Martin stated he had square pegs in round holes.......
But many on here are saying we lack the quality in hte squad to play this way?

Yes you did but I disagree with you when you say that alot of people are saying that we don't have the quality to tikki takka football, people are now saying it because RM has stated it, ateotd managers have certain pool of players they would like, I guess that RM in his short time here has seen that we need players in going by his 'square pegs for round holes' quote, id say time will tell, touch wood a couple more go and a couple more will come in and we might get to see an upturn in our fortunes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024