Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barcelona In Massive Debt 09:36 - Aug 17 with 1306 viewsSaintNick

Apparently £1.15 billion in debt with a wage bill that accounts for 103% of the clubs total income.

If they had kept Messi that would have taken it up to 110% of income.

This is just the age bill so they have the other costs of running the club on top of that

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Barcelona In Massive Debt on 09:43 - Aug 17 with 1291 viewsKennington

Wonder if Gao and Kat gave them financial advice?

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Barcelona In Massive Debt on 09:49 - Aug 17 with 1275 viewsSaintNick

Barcelona In Massive Debt on 09:43 - Aug 17 by Kennington

Wonder if Gao and Kat gave them financial advice?

If they had then they wouldnt be in the mess they are in because as we all know we pay peanuts to our players

Barcelona In Massive Debt on 09:49 - Aug 17 with 1274 viewsWints76

They need a lot of work done on their crumbling stadium as well. Years of poor management and complacency. They'll be desperate for the European Super League
Barcelona In Massive Debt on 10:20 - Aug 17 with 1233 viewsNickSO19

Barcelona In Massive Debt on 09:49 - Aug 17 by Wints76

They need a lot of work done on their crumbling stadium as well. Years of poor management and complacency. They'll be desperate for the European Super League

Another reason for us to expand St Mary's before it is too late
Barcelona In Massive Debt on 10:54 - Aug 17 with 1201 viewsKennington

Barcelona In Massive Debt on 09:49 - Aug 17 by SaintNick

If they had then they wouldnt be in the mess they are in because as we all know we pay peanuts to our players

So Barcelona was valued by Forbes to be worth a few months ago at $4bn. But they have a debt of $1.3bn.
Saints is worth perhaps £200-£220m but has debts of c.£100m.

I’d argue that we are in a far worse and more perilous position than Barcelona.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2021 10:54]

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Barcelona In Massive Debt on 11:11 - Aug 17 with 1175 viewsSadoldgit

I may have got this wrong, but aren’t both Barcelona and Real Madrid underwritten by the Spanish government in some way?
Barcelona In Massive Debt on 11:22 - Aug 17 with 1158 viewssaints__fan__73

Barcelona In Massive Debt on 09:49 - Aug 17 by SaintNick

We've been playing 70k per week to the likes of Carrillo, Lemina, Elyuseless, Hoedt, etc to play for other teams which isn't exactly peanuts.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Barcelona In Massive Debt on 14:01 - Aug 17 with 1062 viewsMessysaints

Barcelona In Massive Debt on 10:54 - Aug 17 by Kennington

So Barcelona was valued by Forbes to be worth a few months ago at $4bn. But they have a debt of $1.3bn.
Saints is worth perhaps £200-£220m but has debts of c.£100m.

I’d argue that we are in a far worse and more perilous position than Barcelona.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2021 10:54]

The debt we have is declining as we run in the green, we only have debt due to covid, Barca have debt cause they gave all the money in the world to Messi and co to keep being a title challanger and in euro cups, Covid only cost them around 42 million according to reports, they hardly noticed, yet they are still losing millions a month on other sources, they are still running in the red.
Login to get fewer ads

Barcelona In Massive Debt on 14:51 - Aug 17 with 1026 viewsSadoldgit

For some reason I thought that both or either Barca and Real Madrid were part funded by the government but it appears that both are owned by the fans.
Barcelona In Massive Debt on 15:39 - Aug 17 with 991 viewsWints76

Barcelona In Massive Debt on 14:51 - Aug 17 by Sadoldgit

For some reason I thought that both or either Barca and Real Madrid were part funded by the government but it appears that both are owned by the fans.

A few years back, Madrid were massively in debt and sold their training ground to the Madrid Council. In return they were gifted a new training ground, and with the money left over, bought Zidane. There have long been accusations that Franco favoured Madrid and they received preferential treatment, whereas Barca were were not even allowed to speak their own language, but I think the reputation Barca may have once had has long gone
Barcelona In Massive Debt on 17:07 - Aug 17 with 935 viewsTripleNiemi

Barcelona In Massive Debt on 14:51 - Aug 17 by Sadoldgit

I thought Madrid had ties to their royal family and Barca were closer (coughs) to being fan owned?

Probably wrong mind and i would gladly see them both fold but will never happen.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Barcelona In Massive Debt on 17:45 - Aug 17 with 898 viewsDellHero_Would

I have no sympathy...A world class footballer should be earning no more than 20k a week. a 15 year career would see them earn 15mil..Retiring in your early 30s with that amount of money is about right for the level of talent / entertainment they’ve provided over that time in my opinion.

The bubble has to burst at some point. These kids on 150k a week, who don’t give shÃŽt about football as all they want to do is drive exotic cars, fûck as many exotic women as they can while pretending to be some gangsta yardie.

We’ve seen it here...

Poll: Wearing a mask

Barcelona In Massive Debt on 18:02 - Aug 17 with 877 viewsBerber

Barcelona In Massive Debt on 17:45 - Aug 17 by DellHero_Would

I have no sympathy...A world class footballer should be earning no more than 20k a week. a 15 year career would see them earn 15mil..Retiring in your early 30s with that amount of money is about right for the level of talent / entertainment they’ve provided over that time in my opinion.

The bubble has to burst at some point. These kids on 150k a week, who don’t give shÃŽt about football as all they want to do is drive exotic cars, fûck as many exotic women as they can while pretending to be some gangsta yardie.

We’ve seen it here...

Barca and Real Madrid have been at the forefront of European football wage inflation for decades. It's about time FIFA or EUEFA pulled them up for their dodgy financing deals.

Poll: How many wins this season sweepstake

Barcelona In Massive Debt on 18:45 - Aug 17 with 837 viewsDellHero_Would

Barcelona In Massive Debt on 18:02 - Aug 17 by Berber

Barca and Real Madrid have been at the forefront of European football wage inflation for decades. It's about time FIFA or EUEFA pulled them up for their dodgy financing deals.

All about the money..

Poll: Wearing a mask

Barcelona In Massive Debt on 21:01 - Aug 17 with 761 viewsgrumpy

Barcelona In Massive Debt on 11:22 - Aug 17 by saints__fan__73

We've been playing 70k per week to the likes of Carrillo, Lemina, Elyuseless, Hoedt, etc to play for other teams which isn't exactly peanuts.

Carrillo has to be the biggest waste of money the club has ever spent.
Barcelona In Massive Debt on 21:06 - Aug 17 with 758 viewsSaintNick

Barcelona In Massive Debt on 11:22 - Aug 17 by saints__fan__73

Its called Irony !!!!!

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024