Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH 19:00 - Aug 22 with 12676 viewsNotLoyal

It’s the competition Swansea City won in very recent times, so we hope for a decent run this season with a new manager and coaching staff. Cardiff on the other hand have much more success, in 1927; they won the FA Cup but nobody is alive today who watched the game. This incessant fixation, this wanting to be bigger than Swansea can’t work when you are not.

Tuesday August 24th 2021
League Cup 2nd Round
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle
The newly named stadium
Kick off 7pm

Match Officials
Bobby Madley the man who see’s things other people don’t is back in Swansea for this game, the first time in 4 years ! Oh no. He will be assisted by Kevin Howick and Grant Taylor, while Daniel Lamport is the fourth

Bobby Madley, the special powers he possesses know no bounds. he is ‘special’

TV
There is no Swans TV or Sky Sports LIVE game available.
Audio commentary is available on Swans TV for a fiver.

Plymouth are underdogs, however this will be a classic tight cup game, it’s unlikely the winners will score more than the odd goal in three to clinch passage in to round three. Plymouth beat championship side Peterborough 4-0 away in the last round. Huge banana skin for the swans this one.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55568

Swansea City: Ben Hamer; Joel Latibeaudiere, Ryan Bennett (captain), Ryan Manning; Kyle Joseph, Jay Fulton, Dan Williams, Jake Bidwell; Yan Dhanda; Jamal Lowe, Morgan Whittaker.

Substitutes: Lewis Webb, Brandon Cooper, Joel Piroe, Liam Cullen, Kyle Naughton, Ethan Laird, Ollie Cooper.

Plymouth Argyle: Callum Burton, Macaulay Gillsephey, Dan Scarr, Ryan Broom, Joe Edwards (captain), Ryan Hardie, Adam Randell, Ryan Law, Panutche Camara, Luke Jephcott, Ollie Tomlinson.

Substitutes: Michael Cooper, Jordan Houghton, Brendan Galloway, George Cooper, Finley Craske, Ethan Mitchell, Rhys Shirley.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55588/morgan-whittaker-s

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Matchday Thread 2nd Rd LC on 20:46 - Aug 22 with 5118 viewsTenbySwan

Is this going to be televised?
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Matchday Thread 2nd Rd LC on 23:47 - Aug 22 with 5028 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Matchday Thread 2nd Rd LC on 20:46 - Aug 22 by TenbySwan

How about on the Swans website?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Matchday Thread 2nd Rd LC on 05:57 - Aug 23 with 4979 viewsjackal

Robert Madley is the ref.

God help us!!
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Matchday Thread 2nd Rd LC on 06:52 - Aug 23 with 4965 viewsDr_Parnassus

This will be a completely different animal to the pathetic Reading side they put out.

8th in League 1 and they seem to largely go with the same side they do for league games.

Aberystwyth lad Jephcott up front for them had a decent season last year and seems to have started this season in the same vein.

A cup run may do our immediate finances the world of good if we can go deep. Especially when it appears that this season may be a consolidation one.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2021 6:54]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Matchday Thread 2nd Rd LC on 10:30 - Aug 23 with 4851 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Matchday Thread 2nd Rd LC on 20:46 - Aug 22 by TenbySwan

No

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Matchday Thread 2nd Rd LC on 10:44 - Aug 23 with 4836 viewsKeithHaynes

The return of Bobby Madley to the stadium, first time in four years !

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Matchday Thread 2nd Rd LC on 13:29 - Aug 23 with 4707 viewsBadlands

Radio only.
Tickets £10
So far I haven’t received mine, pssibly a last minute thing incase it has to be postponed.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Matchday Thread 2nd Rd LC on 16:38 - Aug 23 with 4577 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Matchday Thread 2nd Rd LC on 13:29 - Aug 23 by Badlands

Radio only.
Tickets £10
So far I haven’t received mine, pssibly a last minute thing incase it has to be postponed.

Could be worse and have Richard Shepherd commentate

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Matchday Thread 2nd Rd LC on 17:04 - Aug 23 with 4570 viewsWalterBoyd

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Matchday Thread 2nd Rd LC on 13:29 - Aug 23 by Badlands

Radio only.
Tickets £10

I only bought my tickets yesterday, initially it said allow 2 weeks for delivery, but then corrected and said due to the date booked, no tickets will be posted- use the Swans account / tickets- show ticket on phone on entry.
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Matchday Thread 2nd Rd LC on 19:14 - Aug 23 with 4491 viewsbringyourpoison

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Matchday Thread 2nd Rd LC on 17:04 - Aug 23 by WalterBoyd

I only bought my tickets yesterday, initially it said allow 2 weeks for delivery, but then corrected and said due to the date booked, no tickets will be posted- use the Swans account / tickets- show ticket on phone on entry.

No tickets being sent out, usual print your own crap
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Matchday Thread 2nd Rd LC on 19:30 - Aug 23 with 4473 viewspencoedjack

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Matchday Thread 2nd Rd LC on 06:52 - Aug 23 by Dr_Parnassus

This will be a completely different animal to the pathetic Reading side they put out.

8th in League 1 and they seem to largely go with the same side they do for league games.

Aberystwyth lad Jephcott up front for them had a decent season last year and seems to have started this season in the same vein.

A cup run may do our immediate finances the world of good if we can go deep. Especially when it appears that this season may be a consolidation one.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2021 6:54]

I agree

Have a bad feeling about this game.
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Matchday Thread 2nd Rd LC on 19:48 - Aug 23 with 4446 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Matchday Thread 2nd Rd LC on 19:30 - Aug 23 by pencoedjack

I agree

Have a bad feeling about this game.

I don't .
I have a good feeling

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Matchday Thread 2nd Rd LC on 19:58 - Aug 23 with 4442 viewsjack247

Are Naughton and Bennett now eligible? If so I’d play them both. Don’t see any harm in giving a few of our young prospects minutes either.

We’re fortunate in a way that after the Preston game, we shouldn’t have too many on international duty, so could possibly go at this a bit harder than we normally would a second round league cup game.
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Matchday Thread 2nd Rd LC on 20:45 - Aug 23 with 4395 viewsjeza739

Any reason why 7pm. KO ?
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Matchday Thread 2nd Rd LC on 21:21 - Aug 23 with 4339 viewsBoundy

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Matchday Thread 2nd Rd LC on 20:45 - Aug 23 by jeza739

Any reason why 7pm. KO ?

I like to be tucked up by ten so the club obliged ,, sorry no idea

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Matchday Thread 2nd Rd LC on 22:40 - Aug 23 with 4253 viewsjackharris

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Matchday Thread 2nd Rd LC on 20:45 - Aug 23 by jeza739

Any reason why 7pm. KO ?

To try and attract more families during the school holidays. And if the games is drawn after 90 minutes, penalties will mean the game can be over by around 9.30pm.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Matchday Thread 2nd Rd LC on 10:30 - Aug 24 with 4049 viewsBadlands

Not just a win tonight but a good win.
Martin says he's going to rest some regulars and we have a few out so how about
.............. .......Hamer
Cam ......Naughton...... Bennett ..... McFayden
.......Cooper ....... Fulton ..... Dhanda
....Whittaker .....Piroe .... Lowe
?

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Matchday Thread 2nd Rd LC on 11:04 - Aug 24 with 4015 viewsCountyJim

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Matchday Thread 2nd Rd LC on 05:57 - Aug 23 by jackal

Robert Madley is the ref.

God help us!!

Done us over in playoff final

Not fit to referee
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Matchday Thread 2nd Rd LC on 11:08 - Aug 24 with 4007 viewsBadlands

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Matchday Thread 2nd Rd LC on 11:04 - Aug 24 by CountyJim

Done us over in playoff final

Not fit to referee

He didn't help but it was Cooper who did us over

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Matchday Thread 2nd Rd LC on 15:11 - Aug 24 with 3840 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Matchday Thread 2nd Rd LC on 11:08 - Aug 24 by Badlands

He didn't help but it was Cooper who did us over

You do realise jim is a county fan talking about Newport.
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Matchday Thread 2nd Rd LC on 16:13 - Aug 24 with 3775 viewsBadlands

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Matchday Thread 2nd Rd LC on 15:11 - Aug 24 by Whiterockin

You do realise jim is a county fan talking about Newport.

Nope.

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Matchday Thread 2nd Rd LC on 16:32 - Aug 24 with 3747 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Matchday Thread 2nd Rd LC on 16:13 - Aug 24 by Badlands

Nope.

Obviously because Madley refereed Newports final Chris Kavanagh refereed ours.
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Matchday Thread 2nd Rd LC on 17:02 - Aug 24 with 3711 viewsChief

What's the thinking behind the TV blackout then?

An initiative to encourage bigger crowds or something?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Matchday Thread 2nd Rd LC on 17:50 - Aug 24 with 3619 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Matchday Thread 2nd Rd LC on 17:02 - Aug 24 by Chief

What's the thinking behind the TV blackout then?

An initiative to encourage bigger crowds or something?

Nothing anywhere, I’m assuming Sky have their goals as they go in service on sky sports news ?
All the games are being recorded. Again another reason why it’s pointless having Swans TV.

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Matchday Thread 2nd Rd LC on 18:01 - Aug 24 with 3595 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City: Ben Hamer; Joel Latibeaudiere, Ryan Bennett (captain), Ryan Manning; Kyle Joseph, Jay Fulton, Dan Williams, Jake Bidwell; Yan Dhanda; Jamal Lowe, Morgan Whittaker.

Substitutes: Lewis Webb, Brandon Cooper, Joel Piroe, Liam Cullen, Kyle Naughton, Ethan Laird, Ollie Cooper.

Plymouth Argyle: Callum Burton, Macaulay Gillsephey, Dan Scarr, Ryan Broom, Joe Edwards (captain), Ryan Hardie, Adam Randell, Ryan Law, Panutche Camara, Luke Jephcott, Ollie Tomlinson.

Substitutes: Michael Cooper, Jordan Houghton, Brendan Galloway, George Cooper, Finley Craske, Ethan Mitchell, Rhys Shirley.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024