Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shooting migrants boats 02:36 - Oct 2 with 4404 viewsWalterBoyd

French police shoot migrants boats with rubber bullets to stop them crossing to U.K.

A good thing ?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10050681/Horror-Dunkirk-beach-French-po
Shooting migrants boats on 09:11 - Oct 3 with 941 viewsKilkennyjack

Why so you care about these poor people ?
Does it impact your life in anyway ?

Beware of the Risen People

Shooting migrants boats on 10:54 - Oct 3 with 925 viewscontroversial_jack

Shooting migrants boats on 19:23 - Oct 2 by Jack123

They already have asylum in France, they have passed through lots of safe countries to get to the uk.

It's an absolute scandal, and I would torpedo the gits as soon as they jumped in that dingy, it's a bloody invasion!
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 19:23]

No they don't, and they don't have to remain in the first safe country.

The French take far more than we do, so why should they take all the burden as they are not French citizens and France has no more obligation to them than we do.

It's also not illegal to cross the channel
Shooting migrants boats on 11:49 - Oct 3 with 896 viewsLohengrin

Shooting migrants boats on 21:32 - Oct 2 by Boundy

Excuse me "Eventually " , of the 338,226 men who returned to Britain 139,997 were French one 3rd of the total were French soldiers with many British troops sacrificed. that was no eventuality, that was a planned evacuation to include the French

And of that 140,000 all but a tiny handful were transported straight back across the channel a fortnight later when the Third Republic surrendered at Compiègne.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Shooting migrants boats on 12:10 - Oct 3 with 883 viewsCatullus

Shooting migrants boats on 10:54 - Oct 3 by controversial_jack

The French take far more than we do, so why should they take all the burden as they are not French citizens and France has no more obligation to them than we do.

There is such a thing as illegal emigration too mind and crossing the channel in unsuitable and dangerous craft poses a risk to life and other vessels. There are rules about crossing shipping lanes too, those rules are practically impossible to obey in an overloaded dinghy with some paddles. A big shop may very easily not spot you and you stand no chance in a dinghy if a container ship hits you.

Even then, when the immigrants arrive in the Uk they are supposed to present themselves to the authorities at the first opportunity, otherwise they are illegal immigrants.

You are supposed to ask for asylum in the first safe country you come too otherwise you are an illegal immigrant, they don't have to stay but just travelling through France without seeking asylum can make you an illegal immigrant. Very many of these people have no papers, no passports, no ID of any kind and as we have seen in the Uk, plenty of adult males have lied about their age to get in here.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Shooting migrants boats on 15:18 - Oct 3 with 832 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Shooting migrants boats on 14:21 - Oct 2 by controversial_jack

They did. They held the rearguard to allow the British army to escape

Not much of a regard the French outnumbered the Germans by 10 to 1 but still surrendered.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Shooting migrants boats on 16:40 - Oct 3 with 821 viewsBoundy

Shooting migrants boats on 11:49 - Oct 3 by Lohengrin

And of that 140,000 all but a tiny handful were transported straight back across the channel a fortnight later when the Third Republic surrendered at Compiègne.

Not an honourable period in Frances history .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Shooting migrants boats on 16:43 - Oct 3 with 819 viewsBoundy

Shooting migrants boats on 17:17 - Oct 2 by Jack123

I think it's fair enough shooting the boats, otherwise where will it end, at the end of the day it's illegal entry, personally I would prefer a submarine on the British side patrolling the waters, and if need be using a missile/torpedo.

A " missile or torpedo " jeez when did they start coming across in destroyers

Shooting migrants boats on 17:45 - Oct 3 with 795 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Shooting migrants boats on 18:57 - Oct 2 by controversial_jack

It's not illegal to seek asylum

Assylum? From France??

What are those beastly French doing to them?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Shooting migrants boats on 18:01 - Oct 3 with 792 viewscontroversial_jack

Shooting migrants boats on 15:18 - Oct 3 by felixstowe_jack

Not much of a regard the French outnumbered the Germans by 10 to 1 but still surrendered.

Not at Dunkirk, and they didn't have armour or aircraft
Shooting migrants boats on 19:10 - Oct 3 with 770 views73__73

Shooting migrants boats on 10:54 - Oct 3 by controversial_jack

Of course it’s illegal to cross the channel illegally.
Why don’t you take one in and put them up in your spare room ?

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Shooting migrants boats on 19:25 - Oct 3 with 765 viewsFlashberryjack

Shooting migrants boats on 17:45 - Oct 3 by Brynmill_Jack

Assylum? From France??

What are those beastly French doing to them?

Why don't they like it in France ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Shooting migrants boats on 20:24 - Oct 3 with 745 viewsCatullus

Shooting migrants boats on 18:01 - Oct 3 by controversial_jack

No they had the Maginot line and the Germans just drove around it! Then they rolled through France like a hot knife through butter.

A quick detour through the Ardennes (which the French thought impassable for tanks) and a surge across the northern plains dividing the British and French armies and France was toast.

France relied on the outdated static defences of Maginot, that was their downfall. It was no defence against Blitzkrieg.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Shooting migrants boats on 21:25 - Oct 3 with 724 viewsWalterBoyd

Shooting migrants boats on 19:25 - Oct 3 by Flashberryjack

Why don't they like it in France ?

I am reliably told it's because their breath smells of garlic.
Shooting migrants boats on 21:33 - Oct 3 with 718 viewsBoundy

Shooting migrants boats on 21:25 - Oct 3 by WalterBoyd

I am reliably told it's because their breath smells of garlic.

Social security payments maybe much lower

Shooting migrants boats on 21:43 - Oct 3 with 709 viewscontroversial_jack

Shooting migrants boats on 20:24 - Oct 3 by Catullus

No they had the Maginot line and the Germans just drove around it! Then they rolled through France like a hot knife through butter.

A quick detour through the Ardennes (which the French thought impassable for tanks) and a surge across the northern plains dividing the British and French armies and France was toast.

France relied on the outdated static defences of Maginot, that was their downfall. It was no defence against Blitzkrieg.

There was no defence against Blitzkrieg as we found out too
Shooting migrants boats on 21:48 - Oct 3 with 702 viewsBoundy

Shooting migrants boats on 21:43 - Oct 3 by controversial_jack

There was no defence against Blitzkrieg as we found out too

Yes there was in the West , the English channel & RAF and to the east Stalingrad and the Russian winter

Shooting migrants boats on 00:06 - Oct 4 with 682 viewsDJack

Shooting migrants boats on 12:10 - Oct 3 by Catullus

There is such a thing as illegal emigration too mind and crossing the channel in unsuitable and dangerous craft poses a risk to life and other vessels. There are rules about crossing shipping lanes too, those rules are practically impossible to obey in an overloaded dinghy with some paddles. A big shop may very easily not spot you and you stand no chance in a dinghy if a container ship hits you.

Even then, when the immigrants arrive in the Uk they are supposed to present themselves to the authorities at the first opportunity, otherwise they are illegal immigrants.

You are supposed to ask for asylum in the first safe country you come too otherwise you are an illegal immigrant, they don't have to stay but just travelling through France without seeking asylum can make you an illegal immigrant. Very many of these people have no papers, no passports, no ID of any kind and as we have seen in the Uk, plenty of adult males have lied about their age to get in here.

So it's fine they're illegal so shoot at theirboats...fcuk, my, eyes!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Shooting migrants boats on 00:43 - Oct 4 with 671 viewsJack123

Shooting migrants boats on 16:43 - Oct 3 by Boundy

A " missile or torpedo " jeez when did they start coming across in destroyers

Yes, a silly comment from me, I was thinking tonight, what with the weather and all, it must be scary as hell to jump in a dingy to attempt to cross the channel, I don't think I would do it if anyone paid me.

libera nos a malo

Shooting migrants boats on 01:43 - Oct 4 with 653 viewsWalterBoyd

Only just seen the Police thread locked. I think you should delete it.

Thanks and all the best with this site going forward Keith, I genuinely mean it. It is the best Swans site I have been on ever. Really well run.
Shooting migrants boats on 09:44 - Oct 4 with 610 viewsCatullus

Shooting migrants boats on 00:06 - Oct 4 by DJack

So it's fine they're illegal so shoot at theirboats...fcuk, my, eyes!

Which would you rather, the migrants were prevented from getting out to see or many lives were lost iduring a very dangerous crossing in treacherous waters?

Is it ok with you that whole families die in the channel?

Are you happy that children are getting drowned?

The people traffickers certainly don't care when they put them in the water in boats not fit for purpose and often downright dangerous. Better tp get a bit wet in the tide than to drown out at sea wouldn't you say?

Shooting migrants boats on 13:33 - Oct 4 with 574 viewscontroversial_jack

Shooting migrants boats on 21:48 - Oct 3 by Boundy

Yes there was in the West , the English channel & RAF and to the east Stalingrad and the Russian winter

Stalingrad was a siege not Blitzkrieg.The French didn't have the luxury of the channel. The Russian winter didn't happen till later on.

Can't blame the French, the BEF folded too. Wherever the Brits and Yanks faced a German unit of similar numbers, the Germans almost always prevailed. I don't buy the French were cowards agenda, they certainly weren't during ww1 where they took the brunt of the fighting initially, while the BEF was faffing around trying to avoid a confrontation.
Shooting migrants boats on 14:28 - Oct 4 with 554 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Shooting migrants boats on 18:01 - Oct 3 by controversial_jack

No but they did surrender the whole of France without a fight.

Shooting migrants boats on 14:32 - Oct 4 with 542 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Shooting migrants boats on 13:33 - Oct 4 by controversial_jack

Stalingrad was a siege not Blitzkrieg.The French didn't have the luxury of the channel. The Russian winter didn't happen till later on.

Can't blame the French, the BEF folded too. Wherever the Brits and Yanks faced a German unit of similar numbers, the Germans almost always prevailed. I don't buy the French were cowards agenda, they certainly weren't during ww1 where they took the brunt of the fighting initially, while the BEF was faffing around trying to avoid a confrontation.

That is the whole point the French surrendered the whole of France despite outnumbering the Germans many times.

Shooting migrants boats on 14:37 - Oct 4 with 539 viewsBoundy

The Germans used the same tactics against the Russians as they did against the west ,you can call it a siege if you wish but that was the point that the Germans were held up unable to advance further into Russia , turned the tide against the Germans and with it a chance to capture the Caucasus oil wells which they desperately needed .
You seem to hold a distinct low opinion of the armed forces of this country what ever the conflict . In 1940 The BEF was made up of 10 divisions , against a German force of 135 , I'm sure even you would concede that the numbers were ever so slightly against the British .

Shooting migrants boats on 15:48 - Oct 4 with 530 viewsCatullus

Wasn't Stalingrad where the Russians stoped the German advance? Hitler wanted a quick victory, he needed the oil fields and raw materials in the east. The Russians used a scorched earth policy to try and slow the Germans down hoping if they could make it to the winter it would do what it historically did, like when it also helped defeat Napoleon.

The Germans almost always prevailed, my grandpa was at Tobruk, he might disagree, if he was here to make his point.

Hitler made 2 great mistakes, first he didn't push through with invading us and then he launched Barbarossa. Letting us stand gave the USA the launch pad they needed and bringing the Russians in securedh his fate. Mind you, if the Japanese hadn't attacked the USA and supported the Germans in Europe instead the world would be a very different place.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024