Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 2021/22 MATCHDAY 21:58 - Nov 24 with 12195 viewsNotLoyal

Anyone reading this from Reading will read things in to this by reading it.
It’s the visit of Reading to Swansea, read nothing in to recent results as it’s getting on for Christmas and the have a Carrol.

Swansea City v Reading
The newly named stadium
Kick off 3pm
Saturday November 27th 2021

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 2021/22 MATCHDAY on 17:15 - Nov 27 with 1174 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 2021/22 MATCHDAY on 17:09 - Nov 27 by AndyCole

Grow up.

Try having an opinion of your own instead of always sitting on the fence.

You are SO the Paul Whitehouse loser in Harry Enfield's Self Righteous brothers - always wrong and always the loser whilst trying his very best to be everybody's friend, on all sites.

Poor form fella.

All you have done since downes has been here is to slag him off.

And you have the gall to tell me to grow up 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 2021/22 MATCHDAY on 17:17 - Nov 27 with 1152 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 2021/22 MATCHDAY on 17:00 - Nov 27 by BillyChong

Fitness will be mentioned in the post match presser. Martin’s emphasis on this highlighted further today by dragging Oba and Whitt’s into training.

Their fitness is linked to their attitudes, they won't get fit unless they get their attitudes right.
Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 2021/22 MATCHDAY on 17:32 - Nov 27 with 1044 viewsDr_Winston

Crap day at the office. If you can't defend straight from the kickoff then you deserve nothing and nothing is what we got. Twice.

Not going to single any particular players out even though it would be easy to. Simply must do better next game.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 2021/22 MATCHDAY on 17:33 - Nov 27 with 1040 viewsCatullus

We just got home and to say we are cheesed off is an understatement. We committed suicide today, we literally gifted them 2 goals and the other was bad defending. Our passing was shocking besides being laboured and pedestrian.
Anyone criticising Downes should maybe consider we were a bit better after he came on.

Today is a fine example of why I've been cautious about calling us play off contenders. We didn't have the bench to change things up today, Cullen is never going to replace Piroe to start with. I thought Rhys Williams was poor and Bennett, what a mare he had. At one point he was jogging back to a loose ball without a care in the world, a Reading player gave him 10 yard start and still nearly got there.

It has to be said, in amongst todays poor performance was passing for the sake of passing. A lot of passes between the back 3 and Grimes and Smith, we didn't take forward options when they were there, it was as if we were scared to take the chance. How many passes were nowhere near our players and straight to the oppo.

A performance to forget really, reminiscent of Martins' first few weeks.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 2021/22 MATCHDAY on 17:34 - Nov 27 with 1038 viewstheloneranger

One good thing was Olivier Ntcham's first 90mins in 12 months.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 2021/22 MATCHDAY on 17:40 - Nov 27 with 1004 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 2021/22 MATCHDAY on 17:15 - Nov 27 by Fireboy2

All you have done since downes has been here is to slag him off.

And you have the gall to tell me to grow up 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Indeed it's becoming a little concerning to be honest, if Downes had started, probably at least 2 if not all 3 Reading goals wouldn't have happened. An obvious agenda at play. Matty needs to make more of an attacking impact on the game, he's got a decent shot on him, needs to use it more, 3 goals and 3 assists in nearly 70 games is not enough for our talisman.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2021 17:43]
Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 2021/22 MATCHDAY on 17:41 - Nov 27 with 1004 viewsmagicdaps10

Not a good day at all!

To concede straight after scoring a schoolboy error but twice is totally unacceptable.

Have to question why Rhys Williams started, not up to it in my eyes.

A lot to learn from today.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 2021/22 MATCHDAY on 17:43 - Nov 27 with 991 viewsvetchonian

74% possesion we still top the possesion table...give it time it will come.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 2021/22 MATCHDAY on 17:45 - Nov 27 with 969 viewsA_Fans_Dad

For me Manning was the man of our match.
The only one prepared to take them on and create chances.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2021 17:45]
Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 2021/22 MATCHDAY on 17:46 - Nov 27 with 972 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 2021/22 MATCHDAY on 16:22 - Nov 27 by jackrabbit

I wish Lard would try to go outside the fullback instead of just stopping and passing back each time.

He tried, the 21 had him in his pocket, that's why he stopped trying to get passed him, he couldn't !!
Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 2021/22 MATCHDAY on 17:47 - Nov 27 with 957 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I thought we won 73%-27% today... why are some people upset?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 2021/22 MATCHDAY on 17:48 - Nov 27 with 961 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 2021/22 MATCHDAY on 17:43 - Nov 27 by vetchonian

Think today highlighted the need of a good centre half.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 2021/22 MATCHDAY on 17:48 - Nov 27 with 957 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56375

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 2021/22 MATCHDAY on 17:49 - Nov 27 with 953 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 2021/22 MATCHDAY on 17:43 - Nov 27 by vetchonian

Just forget it vetch, coops has gone mate.
Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 2021/22 MATCHDAY on 17:49 - Nov 27 with 944 views3swan

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 2021/22 MATCHDAY on 17:33 - Nov 27 by Catullus

We just got home and to say we are cheesed off is an understatement. We committed suicide today, we literally gifted them 2 goals and the other was bad defending. Our passing was shocking besides being laboured and pedestrian.
Anyone criticising Downes should maybe consider we were a bit better after he came on.

Today is a fine example of why I've been cautious about calling us play off contenders. We didn't have the bench to change things up today, Cullen is never going to replace Piroe to start with. I thought Rhys Williams was poor and Bennett, what a mare he had. At one point he was jogging back to a loose ball without a care in the world, a Reading player gave him 10 yard start and still nearly got there.

It has to be said, in amongst todays poor performance was passing for the sake of passing. A lot of passes between the back 3 and Grimes and Smith, we didn't take forward options when they were there, it was as if we were scared to take the chance. How many passes were nowhere near our players and straight to the oppo.

Agree. Something I've said to others is that I can understand the style of play that is being implemented but some players aren't capable. It does seem as if things are being drummed in and are robotic instead of relaxed
Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 2021/22 MATCHDAY on 17:50 - Nov 27 with 942 viewsJack123

After watching the game, I feel the result flattered Reading.. For me, we were the better side, just didn't go our way.

libera nos a malo

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 2021/22 MATCHDAY on 17:51 - Nov 27 with 939 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 2021/22 MATCHDAY on 17:34 - Nov 27 by theloneranger

One good thing was Olivier Ntcham's first 90mins in 12 months.

Thought he was the better player in the side too.
Still ninth, five points off the play offs.
This is a transitional season 👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 2021/22 MATCHDAY on 17:51 - Nov 27 with 939 viewsbennytheblue

The one time I wanted you to actually win….what do you go and do? ffs
Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 2021/22 MATCHDAY on 17:51 - Nov 27 with 935 viewsJohnw102

Why keep playing Smith contributes nothing Fulton would be a far better option.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 2021/22 MATCHDAY on 17:57 - Nov 27 with 902 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 2021/22 MATCHDAY on 17:33 - Nov 27 by Catullus

"in amongst todays poor performance was passing for the sake of passing. A lot of passes between the back 3 and Grimes and Smith, we didn't take forward options when they were there, it was as if we wer hie scared to take the chance"

What you have described is no different to the supposed wondergoal we scored against Barnsley last week. The 37 passes in the build up to that goal were pointless. They didn't drag any opposition players out of position. They didn't force the opposition to close us down. They didn't break any of Barnsley's defensive lines. It took about 32 passes for a Swansea player to actually try something that wasn't 100% safe (Ntcham), dropping his shoulder and beating his man, creating a shooting opportunity 3 or 4 passes later (albeit from 25 yards and still not behind Barnsley's defence).

Whatever attacking routines we practice are not translating well to competitive matches.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 2021/22 MATCHDAY on 18:03 - Nov 27 with 878 views34dfgdf54

Good day for you vetch
Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 2021/22 MATCHDAY on 18:03 - Nov 27 with 878 viewsjackrabbit

I posted these thoughts once but I got a 'server error' and lost the bloody lot. Infuriating.
Anyway that defeat was just careless. A careless unnecessary back pass from Grimes was the cause of their first. A careless crossfield pass by Naughton right into the path of the Reading forward caused the 3rd goal. I didn't see Carroll's starting position when the ball was passed but the defending when he went through was patheticfor their second goal.
On the plus side we created loads today but their gk was superb in the second half.
Another bright spot is that in Ntcham we have a proper footballer who has vision and can pass. His pass for Paterson's goal was sublime.
We should have at least drawn but threw it away with some appalling defence.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2021 18:06]
Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 2021/22 MATCHDAY on 18:03 - Nov 27 with 877 viewsAndyCole

It's time somebody told you a few home truths, passive football non-league onlooker.

If you're 12 yr old son read your posts I'm sure he would cringe in the same way most grown ups with any shred of footballing insight would. You're like an old woman.

You say you 've played the game, but you can only have played Swans League Stiffs, league 5 at best. You're appreciation of the game as a player is poor. You always so often get it so very wrong.

And for you to cap that amateur assessment with: 'A performance to forget really' absolutely sums you up, totally.

Most proper fans are now looking for underlying reasons why we lost at home to a relegation placed team. Yet you and your simple ilk, bury your heads in the sands, as ever.

Some of us on the other hand, can think of a multiple of reasons why we were poor, and what we should do to improve.

Give it you're best shot, even if that means consulting your 12 yr old son.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 2021/22 MATCHDAY on 18:08 - Nov 27 with 853 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 2021/22 MATCHDAY on 18:03 - Nov 27 by AndyCole

It's time somebody told you a few home truths, passive football non-league onlooker.

If you're 12 yr old son read your posts I'm sure he would cringe in the same way most grown ups with any shred of footballing insight would. You're like an old woman.

You say you 've played the game, but you can only have played Swans League Stiffs, league 5 at best. You're appreciation of the game as a player is poor. You always so often get it so very wrong.

And for you to cap that amateur assessment with: 'A performance to forget really' absolutely sums you up, totally.

Most proper fans are now looking for underlying reasons why we lost at home to a relegation placed team. Yet you and your simple ilk, bury your heads in the sands, as ever.

Some of us on the other hand, can think of a multiple of reasons why we were poor, and what we should do to improve.

Give it you're best shot, even if that means consulting your 12 yr old son.

If Cat played for league 5 stiffs then you must have been on the bench for the bottom of league 10 with the stuff you post.
Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 2021/22 MATCHDAY on 18:08 - Nov 27 with 851 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 2021/22 MATCHDAY on 18:03 - Nov 27 by 34dfgdf54

Good day for you vetch

not really we lost there were a few positives on a cold afternoon end to end stuff but again our insistence of passing for passing s sake contributed to our undoing.. but again it proves being in control of possession doesnt necessarily means you win games

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024