Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR V WBA match thread. 23:56 - Jan 14 with 26724 viewsqpr_1968

1-0 us......goalscorer, any one of 10.

can't wait.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:31 - Jan 15 with 2280 viewsstrikerace

Pretty funny if anyone was watching the West Brom fan boards during the match. The minute Austin came on they were calling for it. It was like they knew it was coming. They all want Val gone over there.
QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:33 - Jan 15 with 2250 viewsstainrods_elbow

QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:23 - Jan 15 by Match82

Don't think that was a red myself. Calls for a red are based on the result rather than the action, if this had been at any other stadium in the country where the stands aren't 6 inches from the edge of the pitch, that challenge doesn't have a bad ending.

Unnecessary and possibly a yellow, but not a red.

The point is our hoardings ARE that close, and that c*nt Dike obviously knew this. It was deliberate, unprovoked, aggressive dangeorus play that ended with a head injury for Barbet, interrupted the game for 7 minutes, and should have earned a yellow card at the very least, and in my opinion a straight red. I was amazed at the restraint of our players, if anything, and am only sorry one of ours didn't boot him several feet up in the air at the final whistle to welcome him to England. Personally, I hope someone cleans him out next time he plays.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:36 - Jan 15 with 2203 viewsBrianMcCarthy

QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:23 - Jan 15 by Match82

Don't think that was a red myself. Calls for a red are based on the result rather than the action, if this had been at any other stadium in the country where the stands aren't 6 inches from the edge of the pitch, that challenge doesn't have a bad ending.

Unnecessary and possibly a yellow, but not a red.

I think that's reasonable - a free kick and maybe a yellow, but no red.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:38 - Jan 15 with 2168 viewsManinBlack

Great win at last over them after a first half of paying them to much respect again. Really pleasing result but not so pleasing hearing the Beeb reporter trying to make out Albion were the better team. It seems everytime a promotion favourite, ex Premier league team, loses that they were still the better side.
QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:40 - Jan 15 with 2132 viewsdmm

Gutted I couldn't attend today but watched the game online. First off, I hate Ishmael's style of football. Frantic longball thuggery. However, we got to grips with it in the second half, as we so often do this season, and taught them a lesson on how football should be played.

MOM must be Barbet who was not only a hero playing on after being flattened in what I felt to be a blatant sending off, but also played extremely well.

Austin's 89th minute winner was justice for football and QPR.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 17:42]
QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:46 - Jan 15 with 2023 viewsMick_S

QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:40 - Jan 15 by dmm

Gutted I couldn't attend today but watched the game online. First off, I hate Ishmael's style of football. Frantic longball thuggery. However, we got to grips with it in the second half, as we so often do this season, and taught them a lesson on how football should be played.

MOM must be Barbet who was not only a hero playing on after being flattened in what I felt to be a blatant sending off, but also played extremely well.

A great moment, David. I enjoyed that one. My dog didn’t but were ok now.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:49 - Jan 15 with 1984 viewsBoston

QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:25 - Jan 15 by dezzar

Fantastic result atmosphere sounded great COYRs

Confirm, sounded very loud in Boston.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:57 - Jan 15 with 1877 viewsessextaxiboy

2nd half atmosphere was brilliant it visibly lifted the team ..
Login to get fewer ads

QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:59 - Jan 15 with 1860 viewsted_hendrix

Attendance:

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

QPR V WBA match thread. on 18:00 - Jan 15 with 1828 viewsted_hendrix

QPR V WBA match thread. on 16:52 - Jan 15 by BrianMcCarthy

Ball on for Willock.

Good substitution.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

QPR V WBA match thread. on 18:03 - Jan 15 with 1781 viewsMrSheen

QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:40 - Jan 15 by dmm

On West Brom, they were nothing like the long ball side advertised for the first 65 minutes. They were the better team by far in the first half, we hardly had the ball at all. We perked up enormously after half time, suddenly Stef Jo’s flicks were all to our players, and the first 20 minutes of the half were the most exciting I’ve seen all season, both teams looking they would score any minute.

What happened then? Albion put Dike on, his first two touches caused absolute havoc, then they became the man with the hammer for whom everything is a nail. To be fair, they forced us back and really had us defending our box, but until one last press got us the possession for the goal. Great commitment and effort to get the win. Barbet’s courage and determination not to be beaten deserves recognition today, but Dunne has to be the jewel in the crown of recruitment, would slot right into any Premiership team right now.
QPR V WBA match thread. on 18:04 - Jan 15 with 1766 viewsdmm

QPR V WBA match thread. on 18:00 - Jan 15 by ted_hendrix

Good substitution.

You've got serious internet lag, Ted.
QPR V WBA match thread. on 18:06 - Jan 15 with 1739 viewsA40Bosh

QPR V WBA match thread. on 18:03 - Jan 15 by MrSheen

On West Brom, they were nothing like the long ball side advertised for the first 65 minutes. They were the better team by far in the first half, we hardly had the ball at all. We perked up enormously after half time, suddenly Stef Jo’s flicks were all to our players, and the first 20 minutes of the half were the most exciting I’ve seen all season, both teams looking they would score any minute.

What happened then? Albion put Dike on, his first two touches caused absolute havoc, then they became the man with the hammer for whom everything is a nail. To be fair, they forced us back and really had us defending our box, but until one last press got us the possession for the goal. Great commitment and effort to get the win. Barbet’s courage and determination not to be beaten deserves recognition today, but Dunne has to be the jewel in the crown of recruitment, would slot right into any Premiership team right now.

'...but Dunne has to be the jewel in the crown of recruitment, would slot right into any Premiership team right now.'

Shhhh!

Move along nothing to see here!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

QPR V WBA match thread. on 18:12 - Jan 15 with 1652 viewsdmm

We didn't see the game in the same way Mr Sheen, but I'd certainly agree with you regarding Dunne who is already a great player and getting better all the time.
QPR V WBA match thread. on 18:13 - Jan 15 with 1646 viewsericgen34

Dunne was brilliant today but I thought Barbet edged it with his last ditch sliding tackles that cleanly prevented a one on the keeper for them, and of course after the injury.
QPR V WBA match thread. on 18:14 - Jan 15 with 1621 viewsStanisgod

Can we ditch the hoops at home 🤪🤪🤪

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

QPR V WBA match thread. on 18:15 - Jan 15 with 1592 viewsstrikerace

QPR V WBA match thread. on 18:13 - Jan 15 by ericgen34

Dunne was brilliant today but I thought Barbet edged it with his last ditch sliding tackles that cleanly prevented a one on the keeper for them, and of course after the injury.

Agree, Barbet was brilliant (and of course a warrior)
QPR V WBA match thread. on 18:16 - Jan 15 with 1585 viewsdm97

Just back, YOAAAAN BARBET.

Give that man a contract
QPR V WBA match thread. on 18:19 - Jan 15 with 1544 viewsQPRSteve

QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:36 - Jan 15 by BrianMcCarthy

I think that's reasonable - a free kick and maybe a yellow, but no red.

I agree, not a red. The ref should have pronounced this: "You will be taken from here to the place from whence you came and there be kept in close confinement until [date of execution], and upon that day that you be taken to the place of execution and there hanged by the neck until you are dead." And that's getting away with it lightly IMO.
QPR V WBA match thread. on 18:22 - Jan 15 with 1511 viewssuperhoopdownunder

A huge win.

Can’t sleep and it’s 5.30am in Australia

U R’s
QPR V WBA match thread. on 18:22 - Jan 15 with 1507 viewsDWQPR

I didn’t think West Brom. We’re any better than us in the first half at all. I thought it was a very cagey first half with both teams more or less sparing with each other but neither taking the initiative. Second half we came out the blocks quickly and really set the tone for much of the second half. At half time I said to my brother than we had nothing to beat here, thought they were bang average and certainly weren’t the high pressing, high tempo team that we seemed to stand in front of the headlights of at they place. They had no creativity at all for the whole match and most of their crosses in the first half only worried the ball boys. Clive’s pre-season prediction for them is certainly starting to look reasonable. They are going to have to rely an awful lot on Dike to remain in the play offs. It was great to see Willock cause so much trouble today without his partner in mayhem. And it was good to see a good performance without Chair being in the side. Marshall in goal looked like he had played in the side all season with his distribution and both Albert and Wallace were more than solid at the back and dangerous going forward. The team had a nice balance today overall and deserved the win.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

QPR V WBA match thread. on 18:26 - Jan 15 with 1475 viewsstrikerace

Not to early for a Fosters
QPR V WBA match thread. on 18:33 - Jan 15 with 1382 viewsA40Bosh

QPR V WBA match thread. on 18:26 - Jan 15 by strikerace

Not to early for a Fosters

And there you go and spoil what was a great thread.
Fosters - not even if it was the last liquid left on our planet
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 18:34]

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

QPR V WBA match thread. on 18:37 - Jan 15 with 1328 viewsMrSheen

QPR V WBA match thread. on 18:12 - Jan 15 by dmm

We didn't see the game in the same way Mr Sheen, but I'd certainly agree with you regarding Dunne who is already a great player and getting better all the time.

I have to admit I missed the first 20 minutes because of car trouble, but I thought they were comfortable for the part of the first half I saw, not at all as advertised. The early success with Dike meant they went all in on that approach which we seemed to absorb. But though they didn’t have many shots on goal, most of the peril was at our end.

Gray’s disallowed goal…he knew it wouldn’t count, but what a strike!
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 18:38]
QPR V WBA match thread. on 18:41 - Jan 15 with 1295 viewsqprphil

A great game to win that, My problem is that a lot of Premier League clubs will be sniffing around our players. Certain players play better in a system they enjoy, taken away from that , they then look pretty average. However, we do have some really useful players, but can we hang on to them.? I hope we can.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024