Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
pataks curry paste 21:10 - Jan 18 with 3243 viewsCountyJim

The amount of curry houses I've seen using pataks it must be the best curry base
pataks curry paste on 21:13 - Jan 18 with 2247 viewsWingstandwood

Any particular one, I think they do a few e.g. Balti?
[Post edited 18 Jan 2022 21:18]

Argus!

pataks curry paste on 21:41 - Jan 18 with 2205 viewsFlashberryjack

pataks curry paste on 21:13 - Jan 18 by Wingstandwood

Any particular one, I think they do a few e.g. Balti?
[Post edited 18 Jan 2022 21:18]

Make your own, it's fairly easy to make, I always make a big batch of it then freeze a couple portions.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

pataks curry paste on 22:16 - Jan 18 with 2177 viewsjack_lord

pataks curry paste on 21:41 - Jan 18 by Flashberryjack

Make your own, it's fairly easy to make, I always make a big batch of it then freeze a couple portions.

My wife might be lying to me but she reckons the curry I make is better than the curry. A bit of a faff to make but lovely. I would like to blend my own coriander as opposed to using the spice from a bottle.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

pataks curry paste on 22:36 - Jan 18 with 2154 viewsmax936

pataks curry paste on 22:16 - Jan 18 by jack_lord

My wife might be lying to me but she reckons the curry I make is better than the curry. A bit of a faff to make but lovely. I would like to blend my own coriander as opposed to using the spice from a bottle.

J you know the rules,

Recipe details ingredients and method of cooking etc etc etc

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

pataks curry paste on 22:40 - Jan 18 with 2151 viewsmax936

I bet you can shift a very large plate of Curry Jimbo, I seen plates of food actually shake after you sat down ready to start devouring it

pataks curry paste on 22:50 - Jan 18 with 2136 viewsjack_lord

pataks curry paste on 22:36 - Jan 18 by max936

J you know the rules,

Recipe details ingredients and method of cooking etc etc etc

Onions, garlic, ginger, coriander, cumin, chilli, turmeric, cinnamon and paprika.
Fry the onions with the garlic and ginger, then blend it, back into frying pan and add the spices.
Then add Tomato puree and water cook for about half an hour and add fenugreek, garam masala and lemon juice and cook for another few minutes.

pataks curry paste on 10:23 - Jan 19 with 2042 viewsonehunglow

pataks curry paste on 22:16 - Jan 18 by jack_lord

I dint have a curry until I was about 30

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

pataks curry paste on 12:52 - Jan 19 with 1970 viewsFlashberryjack

pataks curry paste on 22:50 - Jan 18 by jack_lord

Onions, garlic, ginger, coriander, cumin, chilli, turmeric, cinnamon and paprika.
Fry the onions with the garlic and ginger, then blend it, back into frying pan and add the spices.
Then add Tomato puree and water cook for about half an hour and add fenugreek, garam masala and lemon juice and cook for another few minutes.

You've stolen my recipe, you b*stard

Hello

Login to get fewer ads

pataks curry paste on 13:12 - Jan 19 with 1944 viewsEbo

Easy to make your own as the jars are full of preservatives.

Put some cumin seeds in a pan with some vegetable oil and when they start to sizzle add some chopped ginger and garlic.

Cook for one minute then add about 2 or 3 large chopped onions. Cook these until soft and then add either a can of chopped tomatoes or fresh ones and cook until soft.

Add a teaspoon of garam masala, a teaspoon of cumin, a teaspoon of tumeric and a teaspoon of chilli powder or if you prefer used chopped fresh red chillis. Add salt to taste.

Cook for another 5 minutes and add in some freshly chopped coriander,

Take off the heat and allow to cool.

Put the mixture into a blender and pulse into a thick puree sauce. You can then put this back into the pan and add whatever meat or veg you want. Personally i like paneer into this masala.

Recipe courtesy of the Mrs who is Indian.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

pataks curry paste on 20:40 - Jan 19 with 1840 viewsmax936

pataks curry paste on 13:12 - Jan 19 by Ebo

Put some cumin seeds in a pan with some vegetable oil and when they start to sizzle add some chopped ginger and garlic.

Cook for one minute then add about 2 or 3 large chopped onions. Cook these until soft and then add either a can of chopped tomatoes or fresh ones and cook until soft.

Add a teaspoon of garam masala, a teaspoon of cumin, a teaspoon of tumeric and a teaspoon of chilli powder or if you prefer used chopped fresh red chillis. Add salt to taste.

Put the mixture into a blender and pulse into a thick puree sauce. You can then put this back into the pan and add whatever meat or veg you want. Personally i like paneer into this masala.

Nice one Ebo, what about a hotter curry, jalfrezi heat or bit less, dunno what it is lately, but either my taste buds have changed of Jalfrezi's are getting hotter

pataks curry paste on 20:51 - Jan 19 with 1827 viewsfbreath

pataks curry paste on 13:12 - Jan 19 by Ebo

Thanks for that.
One question for Mrs Ebo. Lets say you using chicken breast do you cook this first then add to the sauce and warm through or do you cook it in the sauce.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

pataks curry paste on 21:13 - Jan 19 with 1808 viewsjack_lord

pataks curry paste on 20:51 - Jan 19 by fbreath

Thanks for that.
One question for Mrs Ebo. Lets say you using chicken breast do you cook this first then add to the sauce and warm through or do you cook it in the sauce.

I'm curious too. I marinade the chicken and put it in the curry after it is cooked and this seems to make the following day portions even nicer

pataks curry paste on 21:20 - Jan 19 with 1802 viewsEbo

Thanks for that.

She's a vegetarian but she said that depending on what you are making you can marinade it first - usually for Korma or tandoori dishes or simply just brown it in oil with cumin seeds and then add later.

That recipe I posted gives you a very thick masala sauce like you get in restaurants,

pataks curry paste on 21:24 - Jan 19 with 1801 viewsEbo

This is my favourite Aloo Chaat.

Boil a few spuds (peeled) and let them cool.

Cut into little chunks and put some oil and cumin seeds into pan.

When the seeds start to sizzle put in your potatoes and cook until golden on all sides - a but like roasties.

Get half a teaspoon of either chaat masala or garam masala, half teaspoon of chilli powder, half teaspoon of cumin and mix in a bowl with a little salt.

Take potatoes out of the pan and sprinkle and mix the spice mixture into them.

Serve into a fresh bowl with freshly chopped coriander and a good squeeze of lemon juice,

Serve with coriander chutney (blitz some coriander, mint, garlic clove and coconut yoghurt in a blender)

This is a lovely dish.

pataks curry paste on 21:27 - Jan 19 with 1796 viewsEbo

pataks curry paste on 20:40 - Jan 19 by max936

Nice one Ebo, what about a hotter curry, jalfrezi heat or bit less, dunno what it is lately, but either my taste buds have changed of Jalfrezi's are getting hotter

Hotter curries you would be using more amounts of chilli powder. For a vindaloo or a phall you would be using around 3-4 teaspoons of kashmiri red chilli powder.

Jalfrezi is a british dish which she has never tried but it's mostly onions, peppers and chillies plus chilli powder. Just add little amounts while cooking and alter the heat level to your taste.

pataks curry paste on 21:29 - Jan 19 with 1795 viewsEbo

One final tip and this is a game changer.

If you but flatbreads or naans from the supermarket, warm them in a flat dry pan on high heat.

If you have a gas stove, finish them off by putting them directly on the flame to char them. You will see them bubbling up. Dab some melted butter or ghee if you have if over them to add the finishing touch.

pataks curry paste on 21:53 - Jan 19 with 1768 viewsFlashberryjack

pataks curry paste on 21:29 - Jan 19 by Ebo

One final tip and this is a game changer.

If you but flatbreads or naans from the supermarket, warm them in a flat dry pan on high heat.

If you have a gas stove, finish them off by putting them directly on the flame to char them. You will see them bubbling up. Dab some melted butter or ghee if you have if over them to add the finishing touch.

Made a chicken curry today, with onion Bhajis, getting them right is a little more tricky than the curry.

Hello

pataks curry paste on 21:59 - Jan 19 with 1764 viewsEbo

pataks curry paste on 21:53 - Jan 19 by Flashberryjack

Made a chicken curry today, with onion Bhajis, getting them right is a little more tricky than the curry.

Bhajis can be tricky, Mrs rarely makes them but does some banging roti and paratha. Also these nice lentil kebabs which i am addicted to.

pataks curry paste on 22:04 - Jan 19 with 1750 viewsFlashberryjack

pataks curry paste on 21:59 - Jan 19 by Ebo

Bhajis can be tricky, Mrs rarely makes them but does some banging roti and paratha. Also these nice lentil kebabs which i am addicted to.

They are tricky, messy as well, but worth it if you get them just right.

Haven't tried making roti or the other stuff, it's taken me ages to master the onion Bhajis.

Hello

pataks curry paste on 22:12 - Jan 19 with 1740 viewsEbo

pataks curry paste on 22:04 - Jan 19 by Flashberryjack

Haven't tried making roti or the other stuff, it's taken me ages to master the onion Bhajis.

This is easy.

Get about 2 litres of full fat milk and bring to a boil gently in a pan. Squeeze a large lemon into it and very gently stir. You will see the curds separating at the top leaving clear liquid underneath.

Put some muslin cloth over a collander and pour the liquid through it keeping the curds. Wrap the curds in the cloth tight and put a weight on it an leave for 30 mins then place in the fridge for 3 hours,

You now have paneer - indian cheese which is lovely in currys.

pataks curry paste on 23:03 - Jan 19 with 1707 viewsjack_lord

pataks curry paste on 22:04 - Jan 19 by Flashberryjack

I've only made onion bhaji's a couple of times as they are so messy.

I'm going to have a go at Ebo's roti instruction and the aloo chaat. My daughter is a vegetarian so it may appease her.

pataks curry paste on 23:26 - Jan 19 with 1695 viewsdizietsma

Thanks for that.

Temperature is also key. If you add chicken to a bubbling sauce then the water inside the chicken breast will boil too, destroying the texture and leaving the meat. So the result will be dry and tasteless.

Always lower the temperature so the sauce isn't boiling then add the meat. This is true for all sauces not just curries.

Meat boiled is meat spoiled as the saying goes.
pataks curry paste on 23:40 - Jan 19 with 1686 viewsmax936

pataks curry paste on 21:59 - Jan 19 by Ebo

There's gonna be a queue outside your door this weekend Eb's

pataks curry paste on 12:35 - Jan 20 with 1583 viewsFlashberryjack

pataks curry paste on 23:03 - Jan 19 by jack_lord

I've only made onion bhaji's a couple of times as they are so messy.

I'm going to have a go at Ebo's roti instruction and the aloo chaat. My daughter is a vegetarian so it may appease her.

The best way I found to make Onion bhajis is, don't add water.

2 large tablespoons of gram flour, 1 teaspoon of Turmeric, 1 teaspoon of garam masala, 1 teaspoon of cumin powder, half teaspoon of salt and mix dry ingredients well.

Thinly slice the onions, then add to the dry mixture, mix well by hand, squeezing together until the moisture comes out of the onions (rather than add water).

Only use one hand to do this, keep the other clean to save getting the mix over any utensils and other parts of the kitchen.

Drop balls of raw bhaji mixture into hot oil, keep turning with a slotted spoon until golden brown (about 3 minutes).

Enjoy

Hello

pataks curry paste on 20:51 - Jan 20 with 1517 viewsjack_lord

pataks curry paste on 12:35 - Jan 20 by Flashberryjack

The best way I found to make Onion bhajis is, don't add water.

2 large tablespoons of gram flour, 1 teaspoon of Turmeric, 1 teaspoon of garam masala, 1 teaspoon of cumin powder, half teaspoon of salt and mix dry ingredients well.

Thinly slice the onions, then add to the dry mixture, mix well by hand, squeezing together until the moisture comes out of the onions (rather than add water).

Only use one hand to do this, keep the other clean to save getting the mix over any utensils and other parts of the kitchen.

Drop balls of raw bhaji mixture into hot oil, keep turning with a slotted spoon until golden brown (about 3 minutes).

Enjoy

Sounds like a goer - certainly on the menu for our next curry night.

Trying out protein high slow cooker curry recipes at the moment. I will say that the amount of prep needed, you might as well cook the normal one. It is a lot less fatty though.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024