Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The last 10 years perfectly summed up in 2 mins 11:01 - Feb 24 with 3773 viewspikeypaul

Thats what we get from kids being sent to the left wing propaganda camps masquerading to be universities.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2022 11:03]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

The last 10 years perfectly summed up in 2 mins on 11:34 - Feb 25 with 687 viewsDr_Parnassus

The last 10 years perfectly summed up in 2 mins on 11:30 - Feb 25 by Catullus

Exactly then, you know better from a video because you don't live in the USA either.

We are talking about the UK because, with a few exceptions obviously, that is where we are. it is only a few posters who keep turning the debate towards the USA. Whatever is happening politically Stateside is mostly of very little interest on here.

The story about my son, while true, it was only one teacher and now he's in Comprehensive the problem has vanished although he does regularly call some of his friends snowflakes!

Know better than what? I don’t understand what point is being made.

The video was about leftist ideals being preached in the US which created an environment to appoint a man with dementia because he pandered to those ideals.

I’m not sure what is confusing everyone.

If you want to make a thread about U.K. Universities and the culture there, be my guest. But that is not what the video in the OP is about.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

The last 10 years perfectly summed up in 2 mins on 11:35 - Feb 25 with 687 viewsProfessor

The last 10 years perfectly summed up in 2 mins on 10:55 - Feb 25 by Dr_Parnassus

Well that’s another reason, but we both know the reason I am calling it a disaster zone, the culture that is bred there.

I have read, I have seen videos, my partner has recently finished University and I have friends that are in University. My partner is in public health so she has close working relationships with Universities. Not sure what gave you the impression that it was not an informed position, like most things I write, it is.

Limited offerings of courses in left wing centric subjects doesn’t mean that left wing ideals can’t be spread there. I know someone doing a medical degree who joined an on-campus protest to stop Avi Yemini from speaking to students in Melbourne, a position supported by two lecturers.

Nothing is lazy, you just simply don’t agree. Shouldn’t be jumping to conclusions regarding my views and the information bases on how they are formed though, we have been down that road before.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2022 10:57]

She deals with Universities-I deal with the Home Office, but I'm not a civil servant. It's not an informed opinion, its still hearsay and her opinion. I know the VC of Melbourne-we had research collaborations when he was at Cambridge. Perhaps I'll ask him Not really much of a political hotbed-and that is a protest about someone external-and probably given the person involved around Israel and Palestine-which is not left or right. You probably think I am left wing- I won't join UCU as I disagree fundamentally with their stance on Israel.

I'm afraid you are talking utter rot. Universities are not political hotbeds. We have about 25000 full time students, probably fewer than 500 are engaged in any political activity. What you are seeing is the amplification of small number. Edicts from the students union-those who are politically engaged.
Whilst most students care about issues like sustainability and equality, these tend to be more passive. The likes of XR or militant BLM are not full or students and academics are they?

The disaster is America is not cultural. It's economic. Public education is chronically underfunded and of low quality.

And again-no offer of a British example. No academic has been sacked -the closest being David Starkey who resigned. You are willing to believe isolated exemplars to take this idea of liberal (because it's not left wing-as Lohengrin rightly said many people are to the left economically but socially conservative) indoctrination forward. The fact is it's a fake and lie.
The last 10 years perfectly summed up in 2 mins on 11:40 - Feb 25 with 671 viewsCatullus

The last 10 years perfectly summed up in 2 mins on 11:34 - Feb 25 by Dr_Parnassus

Know better than what? I don’t understand what point is being made.

The video was about leftist ideals being preached in the US which created an environment to appoint a man with dementia because he pandered to those ideals.

I’m not sure what is confusing everyone.

If you want to make a thread about U.K. Universities and the culture there, be my guest. But that is not what the video in the OP is about.

The point is (I believe) how can you know what is happening on a vast scale across the USA's education system from watching a few videos online?

What you see is a snapshot of a huge system with tens of thousands of students involved. It doesn't prove it's happening on a large scale.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The last 10 years perfectly summed up in 2 mins on 11:47 - Feb 25 with 669 viewsDr_Parnassus

The last 10 years perfectly summed up in 2 mins on 11:35 - Feb 25 by Professor

She deals with Universities-I deal with the Home Office, but I'm not a civil servant. It's not an informed opinion, its still hearsay and her opinion. I know the VC of Melbourne-we had research collaborations when he was at Cambridge. Perhaps I'll ask him Not really much of a political hotbed-and that is a protest about someone external-and probably given the person involved around Israel and Palestine-which is not left or right. You probably think I am left wing- I won't join UCU as I disagree fundamentally with their stance on Israel.

I'm afraid you are talking utter rot. Universities are not political hotbeds. We have about 25000 full time students, probably fewer than 500 are engaged in any political activity. What you are seeing is the amplification of small number. Edicts from the students union-those who are politically engaged.
Whilst most students care about issues like sustainability and equality, these tend to be more passive. The likes of XR or militant BLM are not full or students and academics are they?

The disaster is America is not cultural. It's economic. Public education is chronically underfunded and of low quality.

And again-no offer of a British example. No academic has been sacked -the closest being David Starkey who resigned. You are willing to believe isolated exemplars to take this idea of liberal (because it's not left wing-as Lohengrin rightly said many people are to the left economically but socially conservative) indoctrination forward. The fact is it's a fake and lie.

She does yes, she is regularly at Universities with a very close working relationship with Universities from the Sunshine Coast down to the Gold Coast. It’s not her opinion, it’s her experiences.

What would you like to ask your friend in Melbourne exactly? What do you mean Avi Yemini “is about Palestine and Israel”? He is Israeli but that is not what he was talking to the students about, or trying to at least.

I am not speaking rot at all, you just don’t like what I’m saying, there is a massive difference. You are in no position to state that these experiences are not valid, unless you are involved in the culture around Universities up and down the country and internationally then how could you possibly say? You just don’t want it to be true.

You ignored it, but you displayed the exact same traits we are talking about here. You shut down debate regularly when things aren’t going your way, you start name calling and even reach for the left wing mantra of “racist!”.

So you aren’t really a great example of what you are trying to suggest. I would assume you are very much a victim of the culture but don’t even realise it, which would explain why you can’t see it and don’t like to think of it being a reality - which it is of course.

In your opinion you “think” American failings are due to finding, which you are entitled to. I, along with scholars and behavioural psychologists, along with professional people within those very environments believe the fundamental failings are due to the left wing ideologies being spread there. That’s just the way it is whether you like to admit it or not.

Why would I offer you a British example? Where have I mentioned Britain? This video is about America and the environment that was created to put a weak pandering President at the helm which Putin has taken advantage of.

I really don’t see what’s so hard to understand about the video in the OP. I can only assume people are ignoring it and wanting to have their own discussion?

It should really be done in another thread. U.K. universities has nothing to do with the environment that led Biden to the Presidency.

The last 10 years perfectly summed up in 2 mins on 11:56 - Feb 25 with 656 viewsDr_Parnassus

The last 10 years perfectly summed up in 2 mins on 11:40 - Feb 25 by Catullus

The point is (I believe) how can you know what is happening on a vast scale across the USA's education system from watching a few videos online?

What you see is a snapshot of a huge system with tens of thousands of students involved. It doesn't prove it's happening on a large scale.

The same way you can’t prove it isn’t from listening to a few people online saying so.

This is my opinion, it’s based on a variety of testimony and evidence to suggest it is enough of a problem that is worth discussing.

No sure what your issue is really. There isn’t a single person on the planet who has been to every single University campus and immersed themselves in the culture of each campus. So by your logic nobody can give an opinion.

You also have never been involved in the American political system or been to the Oval Office, yet you are more than happy to give your views on your mate Donald.

At the end of the day these are views and we are all entitled to them, the OP made an excellent point and as I state there is enough documented evidence that this is worth talking about. No point denying it’s existence.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2022 11:58]

The last 10 years perfectly summed up in 2 mins on 11:58 - Feb 25 with 655 viewsProfessor

The last 10 years perfectly summed up in 2 mins on 11:47 - Feb 25 by Dr_Parnassus

She does yes, she is regularly at Universities with a very close working relationship with Universities from the Sunshine Coast down to the Gold Coast. It’s not her opinion, it’s her experiences.

What would you like to ask your friend in Melbourne exactly? What do you mean Avi Yemini “is about Palestine and Israel”? He is Israeli but that is not what he was talking to the students about, or trying to at least.

I am not speaking rot at all, you just don’t like what I’m saying, there is a massive difference. You are in no position to state that these experiences are not valid, unless you are involved in the culture around Universities up and down the country and internationally then how could you possibly say? You just don’t want it to be true.

You ignored it, but you displayed the exact same traits we are talking about here. You shut down debate regularly when things aren’t going your way, you start name calling and even reach for the left wing mantra of “racist!”.

So you aren’t really a great example of what you are trying to suggest. I would assume you are very much a victim of the culture but don’t even realise it, which would explain why you can’t see it and don’t like to think of it being a reality - which it is of course.

In your opinion you “think” American failings are due to finding, which you are entitled to. I, along with scholars and behavioural psychologists, along with professional people within those very environments believe the fundamental failings are due to the left wing ideologies being spread there. That’s just the way it is whether you like to admit it or not.

Why would I offer you a British example? Where have I mentioned Britain? This video is about America and the environment that was created to put a weak pandering President at the helm which Putin has taken advantage of.

I really don’t see what’s so hard to understand about the video in the OP. I can only assume people are ignoring it and wanting to have their own discussion?

It should really be done in another thread. U.K. universities has nothing to do with the environment that led Biden to the Presidency.

You are being dense. Of course I have experiences in many UK and international universities. External examining, periodic subject reviews. Research collaboration. These include universities around the globe. What do you think people in universities do?
Drink herbal tea and read 'Das Kapital'

Grow up and understand you can't be an expert on everything. For goodness sake man, stick to tennis.
The last 10 years perfectly summed up in 2 mins on 12:06 - Feb 25 with 650 viewsDr_Parnassus

The last 10 years perfectly summed up in 2 mins on 11:58 - Feb 25 by Professor

You are being dense. Of course I have experiences in many UK and international universities. External examining, periodic subject reviews. Research collaboration. These include universities around the globe. What do you think people in universities do?
Drink herbal tea and read 'Das Kapital'

Grow up and understand you can't be an expert on everything. For goodness sake man, stick to tennis.

Stop lashing out because you don’t like the points being made, have a discussion like a grown up, you are proving the exact thing you are denying. It’s amazing you cannot see it.

So you have valid worthwhile experiences in Universities but my partner doesn’t? Your views are factual where as hers are just her opinion? She has two degrees and a Masters studying in two continents, worked in a University and now has partnerships with them… but yes, she doesn’t know what she is talking about and only your experiences are the worthwhile ones.

For a scientist your methodology and approach is baffling, it’s very anti-science, but we have been through this before with some of your methodology. It just doesn’t stack up.

I am not claiming to be an expert, just as you shouldn’t be of course because you most certainly are not an expert on campus culture. It’s laughable if you suggest you are.

Tennis, politics and sport is my profession that I have expert levels of knowledge in. The political expertise makes it my business to understand why culture is swinging and where it stems from. So while you may see things on the surface level, there is a lot of people with an awful lot of knowledge outside of your field - sadly you don’t often seem to remember that.

This is why you end up lashing out far more often than someone should who presumably has some form of ability for critical thought given your profession. It’s very much an oxymoron with regards to your behaviour on here and your position, if I didn’t know better I just simply wouldn’t believe it. But alas I do. Odd.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2022 12:14]

The last 10 years perfectly summed up in 2 mins on 12:16 - Feb 25 with 645 viewsCatullus

The last 10 years perfectly summed up in 2 mins on 11:56 - Feb 25 by Dr_Parnassus

The same way you can’t prove it isn’t from listening to a few people online saying so.

This is my opinion, it’s based on a variety of testimony and evidence to suggest it is enough of a problem that is worth discussing.

No sure what your issue is really. There isn’t a single person on the planet who has been to every single University campus and immersed themselves in the culture of each campus. So by your logic nobody can give an opinion.

You also have never been involved in the American political system or been to the Oval Office, yet you are more than happy to give your views on your mate Donald.

At the end of the day these are views and we are all entitled to them, the OP made an excellent point and as I state there is enough documented evidence that this is worth talking about. No point denying it’s existence.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2022 11:58]

Oh for gawds sake give it a rest. I can't disprove it and it's your opinion eh. Well then, you said to Prof,

"I am not speaking rot at all, you just don’t like what I’m saying, there is a massive difference. You are in no position to state that these experiences are not valid, unless you are involved in the culture around Universities up and down the country and internationally then how could you possibly say? You just don’t want it to be true"

So I'll say the same to you. Apart from a few videos what actual experiences do you have that back up your opinion? You just want it to be true.

Its possible you are right, it's possible you are wrong. I was a parent governor, I had training, I spoke to parent governors at other schools but my limited experience didn't make me qualified to say what was happening to every school across Wales. So how can a few videos be enough evidence.
Also then, how can you dismiss the Profs opinion when he has almost certainly got a lot more experience of it than you?

Now the Donald is all across the news regularly. I don;t give an opinion of everything he does and indeed, my last thread wasn't my opinion of him, it was an American institutions verdict. They took all the evidence, used the same parameters as for every other POTUS and came to their verdict, not my opinion, their opinion, FACT.

The OP made an excellent point, well I watch the video and did I disagree? It all went sideways when I suggested Trump was part of the global elites and so part of the problem which was just my opinion. Then you came along determined to defend Trump, again.

That should be enough, no need to start going in circles even though you love circles, specially red ones.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Login to get fewer ads

The last 10 years perfectly summed up in 2 mins on 12:25 - Feb 25 with 643 viewsDr_Parnassus

The last 10 years perfectly summed up in 2 mins on 12:16 - Feb 25 by Catullus

Oh for gawds sake give it a rest. I can't disprove it and it's your opinion eh. Well then, you said to Prof,

"I am not speaking rot at all, you just don’t like what I’m saying, there is a massive difference. You are in no position to state that these experiences are not valid, unless you are involved in the culture around Universities up and down the country and internationally then how could you possibly say? You just don’t want it to be true"

So I'll say the same to you. Apart from a few videos what actual experiences do you have that back up your opinion? You just want it to be true.

Its possible you are right, it's possible you are wrong. I was a parent governor, I had training, I spoke to parent governors at other schools but my limited experience didn't make me qualified to say what was happening to every school across Wales. So how can a few videos be enough evidence.
Also then, how can you dismiss the Profs opinion when he has almost certainly got a lot more experience of it than you?

Now the Donald is all across the news regularly. I don;t give an opinion of everything he does and indeed, my last thread wasn't my opinion of him, it was an American institutions verdict. They took all the evidence, used the same parameters as for every other POTUS and came to their verdict, not my opinion, their opinion, FACT.

The OP made an excellent point, well I watch the video and did I disagree? It all went sideways when I suggested Trump was part of the global elites and so part of the problem which was just my opinion. Then you came along determined to defend Trump, again.

That should be enough, no need to start going in circles even though you love circles, specially red ones.

I said what to Prof?

No idea what you are wibbling on about.

I am telling you that leftist ideals are spreading through universities like wildfire. I have seen it with my own eyes, seen evidence elsewhere, have a close family member deal with Universities on a weekly basis and read testimony.

What you are saying is that I can’t prove it’s riddled with it. But I’m not trying to. Just like you cannot prove that this isn’t the case, or Prof or anyone else for that matter. It’s a view based from experience and evidence.

It’s not “possible” I am right, I am right. As I said, these are factual things we are discussing. What you are saying is it’s possible it’s not a pandemic of left wing propaganda yet, yes that’s possible to. But what I’m discussing is the things I know are going on and they are a huge cause of concern as highlighted by the video in the OP.

How can you dismiss Trump as a politician and his views when he has more experience of politics than you?

What are you talking about regarding the global elites? You know that’s a completely different thread don’t you?

You said Trump was part of the problem in terms of making poor people poor yet as I taught you, lower and middle classes were the richest they have ever been under the Trump administration. Simply a fact.

Now using your theory of position of authority, I will have more experience of political spheres than anyone on here without question, so don’t dismiss it

The last 10 years perfectly summed up in 2 mins on 12:36 - Feb 25 with 637 viewsDr_Parnassus

HERI find a 33.3% increase in liberal and “far left wing” lecturers since 2014:-

NASS found some 12-1 and 6.5-1 ratios of Democrat lecturers, students and faculty to Republican.

Both of the above outstrips the National split of Democrats and Republicans, wildly in some cases. Universities are becoming more liberal, more left wing and the results on society are clear.

People can deny it if they like, but it’s awfully silly to do so.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2022 12:39]

The last 10 years perfectly summed up in 2 mins on 12:52 - Feb 25 with 623 viewsProfessor

The last 10 years perfectly summed up in 2 mins on 12:36 - Feb 25 by Dr_Parnassus

HERI find a 33.3% increase in liberal and “far left wing” lecturers since 2014:-

NASS found some 12-1 and 6.5-1 ratios of Democrat lecturers, students and faculty to Republican.

Both of the above outstrips the National split of Democrats and Republicans, wildly in some cases. Universities are becoming more liberal, more left wing and the results on society are clear.

People can deny it if they like, but it’s awfully silly to do so.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2022 12:39]

Jesus Christ. Everyone else is talking about the UK and you come up with this!

I suspect there are more Labour members than Tories in UK education, but that does not mean political views bias teaching. The first even suggests it may be meaningless. And again liberal does not mean left wing. There are some very conservative and racist socialists.

Just accept it.
The last 10 years perfectly summed up in 2 mins on 12:57 - Feb 25 with 622 viewsDr_Parnassus

The last 10 years perfectly summed up in 2 mins on 12:52 - Feb 25 by Professor

Jesus Christ. Everyone else is talking about the UK and you come up with this!

I suspect there are more Labour members than Tories in UK education, but that does not mean political views bias teaching. The first even suggests it may be meaningless. And again liberal does not mean left wing. There are some very conservative and racist socialists.

Just accept it.

Who is everyone else?

You mean you and Catullus are doing so in error, while I remind you that the OP was discussing American campus culture leading to the environment which pushed a man pandering to that narrative with cognitive decline into the Oval Office to where Putin is now taking advantage of?

If you want to discuss U.K. campus culture then you really need to be making another thread about it, the OP had nothing to do with U.K, was it even mentioned?

I think it’s naive to suggest lecturers don’t bring their politics into the classroom, there are enough examples of that. Look at the various studies on neutral websites and read the comments left by those sharing their first hand experiences.

That ratio is shocking, you know it. The political ratio of University donors is even more wild if you want to expand on that, the research is clear.

The last 10 years perfectly summed up in 2 mins on 13:14 - Feb 25 with 611 viewsAjack_Kerouac

'The Coddling of the American mind'...

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

The last 10 years perfectly summed up in 2 mins on 13:20 - Feb 25 with 607 viewsAjack_Kerouac

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

The last 10 years perfectly summed up in 2 mins on 13:22 - Feb 25 with 607 viewsDr_Parnassus

The last 10 years perfectly summed up in 2 mins on 13:14 - Feb 25 by Ajack_Kerouac

'The Coddling of the American mind'...

I’ve just been reading some of the research from the National Association of Scholars where their research is mirroring what many of us are saying.

They seem deeply concerned about the potential impact on learning.

“The political registration of full-time, Ph.D.-holding professors in top-tier liberal arts colleges is overwhelmingly Democratic. Indeed, faculty political affiliations at 39 percent of the colleges in my sample are Republican free–having zero Republicans.

The political registration in most of the remaining 61 percent, with a few important exceptions, is slightly more than zero percent but nevertheless absurdly skewed against Republican affiliation and in favor of Democratic affiliation. Thus, 78.2 percent of the academic departments in my sample have either zero Republicans, or so few as to make no difference.”

- sample of 8,688 tenure track, Ph.D.—holding professors from fifty-one of the sixty-six top ranked liberal arts colleges in the U.S.

Essentially 40% of establishments have ZERO registered Republican lecturers and 78% have so little it barely registers.

That is utterly shocking by anyone’s standards.

Certainly marries up with Professor Bret Weinsteins harrowing story about him being pushed out by both students and other faculty.

Students wanted white people to stay away from campus for 24 hours as part of cultural awareness.

Usually the black students voluntarily stay away from campus 1 day a year and it symbolises what they bring to society and how they are missed when they are not around.

But this year they were saying white people should stay away for 24 hours. He quite correctly said that it’s one thing making a personal gesture but to demand others stay away based on race and imposing that on them oversteps what this is supposed to be about.

The backlash he got from that was horrendous, left wing mobs threatening the head of the college and mobs rampaging through campus until he was forced to leave.

He went on Rogans podcast to give his story.

If anyone is in any doubt why Republican professors are like hens teeth, the below 13 mins is a story that will have you horrified.

If you aren’t horrified then you really aren’t paying attention.

[Post edited 25 Feb 2022 13:34]

The last 10 years perfectly summed up in 2 mins on 13:40 - Feb 25 with 593 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Or Dr. P (rather than them not paying attention) they actually want this...it suits them.

The last 10 years perfectly summed up in 2 mins on 13:43 - Feb 25 with 588 viewsAjack_Kerouac

The last 10 years perfectly summed up in 2 mins on 15:58 - Feb 25 with 564 viewsCatullus

The last 10 years perfectly summed up in 2 mins on 12:25 - Feb 25 by Dr_Parnassus

I said what to Prof?

No idea what you are wibbling on about.

I am telling you that leftist ideals are spreading through universities like wildfire. I have seen it with my own eyes, seen evidence elsewhere, have a close family member deal with Universities on a weekly basis and read testimony.

What you are saying is that I can’t prove it’s riddled with it. But I’m not trying to. Just like you cannot prove that this isn’t the case, or Prof or anyone else for that matter. It’s a view based from experience and evidence.

It’s not “possible” I am right, I am right. As I said, these are factual things we are discussing. What you are saying is it’s possible it’s not a pandemic of left wing propaganda yet, yes that’s possible to. But what I’m discussing is the things I know are going on and they are a huge cause of concern as highlighted by the video in the OP.

How can you dismiss Trump as a politician and his views when he has more experience of politics than you?

What are you talking about regarding the global elites? You know that’s a completely different thread don’t you?

You said Trump was part of the problem in terms of making poor people poor yet as I taught you, lower and middle classes were the richest they have ever been under the Trump administration. Simply a fact.

Now using your theory of position of authority, I will have more experience of political spheres than anyone on here without question, so don’t dismiss it

The bit in the quotation marks, you said that to prof but you choose to act dumb.

You say you are not trying to prove it but still insist you are right, you contradict yourself. So tell me, have seen this with your own eyes in the USA's Universities, in person, or is it just a youtube experience?

It's a fact that it's happening but again you cannot prove scale. You cannot dismiss one persons experiences and place your own higher unless you can demonstrate your experiences are more valid and the Prof works in Universities, his experiences are at least as valid as your partners.

There is another point of view of course, it's a well known phenomena that younger people tend to be more left wing but tend to move towards the right as they get older. I didn't go to Uni but it is certainly true of myself and my friends. there are always exceptions of course. maybe Uni's have always been this way, well they way you claim but it balances out over time. The majority of UK media is more right wing, we mostly get Tory governments.
I've had my say now, I'm freeing myself of the quicksand and not getting sucked in any further.
The outcome from my point of view is, it's possible you are right but you don't give enough evidence to prove it, despite insisting you are right so I remain sceptical. left and right are disappearing notions in politics

The last 10 years perfectly summed up in 2 mins on 16:10 - Feb 25 with 561 viewsDr_Parnassus

The last 10 years perfectly summed up in 2 mins on 15:58 - Feb 25 by Catullus

The bit in the quotation marks, you said that to prof but you choose to act dumb.

You say you are not trying to prove it but still insist you are right, you contradict yourself. So tell me, have seen this with your own eyes in the USA's Universities, in person, or is it just a youtube experience?

It's a fact that it's happening but again you cannot prove scale. You cannot dismiss one persons experiences and place your own higher unless you can demonstrate your experiences are more valid and the Prof works in Universities, his experiences are at least as valid as your partners.

There is another point of view of course, it's a well known phenomena that younger people tend to be more left wing but tend to move towards the right as they get older. I didn't go to Uni but it is certainly true of myself and my friends. there are always exceptions of course. maybe Uni's have always been this way, well they way you claim but it balances out over time. The majority of UK media is more right wing, we mostly get Tory governments.
I've had my say now, I'm freeing myself of the quicksand and not getting sucked in any further.
The outcome from my point of view is, it's possible you are right but you don't give enough evidence to prove it, despite insisting you are right so I remain sceptical. left and right are disappearing notions in politics

Where am I acting dumb, exactly?

I have given you my points, showed me reasoning, explained my expertise, given you studies, given you testimony, given you factual breakdowns… that’s the opposite of “dumb”.

I am not trying to prove it’s in every institution, affecting every person that goes… which is what you were saying I couldn’t prove. I am simply proving its existence, which I have. I am also proving the damage it causes, which I have done.

So the discussion is about how deep the damage goes and how many are affected. I think many, you think a few - that’s literally all this discussion boils down to.

I have just given you the figures, it’s not a constant. Since 2014 left wing and liberal professors and lecturers have increased 33%. That was independent research by the National Association of Scholars.

If you won’t take it from me then take it from them. If you won’t take it from them then you would have to consider whether your opinion is formed from desire or evidence, if it’s the former then the discussion is pointless.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024