Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Visiting Brazil 12:07 - Mar 14 with 2108 viewsenfieldargh

My 2 lads are wanting to take a trip to see some football abroad in June/July this year.

As I understand Brazilian league football is the only major league operating in these months??

If that's the case then they want to incorporate a trip taking in as many games in the Sao Paulo region as possible Corinthians, Sao Paulo & Palmeiras.

Anyone know how safe things are at games out there and how safe are things in general
in Brasil? Neither speak Portuguese but are street wise.

Its just at the planning stage and haven't even looked at Covid implications yet.

Welcome any input

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Visiting Brazil on 12:11 - Mar 14 with 2090 viewsstowmarketrange

I get emails from a company called Home fans,and they arrange football holidays to Argentina and other locations around the world.They are quite expensive,but they organise everything apart from the flights.I can try and get their contact details if you’d like?
Visiting Brazil on 12:21 - Mar 14 with 2056 viewsenfieldargh

Visiting Brazil on 12:11 - Mar 14 by stowmarketrange

I get emails from a company called Home fans,and they arrange football holidays to Argentina and other locations around the world.They are quite expensive,but they organise everything apart from the flights.I can try and get their contact details if you’d like?

Yes please would be most helpful thankyou

captains fantastic

Visiting Brazil on 12:35 - Mar 14 with 2027 viewsenfieldargh

Visiting Brazil on 12:11 - Mar 14 by stowmarketrange

found their website they advertise a tour including 4 games plus other tourist attractions

captains fantastic

Visiting Brazil on 12:40 - Mar 14 with 2016 viewsslmrstid

The MLS is a summer league isn't it? Probably a lower risk bet than Brazil. Arguably a higher standard these days too...? (Although to be fair I know nowhere near enough to be stating that confidently!)
Visiting Brazil on 12:45 - Mar 14 with 1997 viewsstowmarketrange

Visiting Brazil on 12:35 - Mar 14 by enfieldargh

found their website they advertise a tour including 4 games plus other tourist attractions

They put you in touch with local fans of the clubs you’re going to see and those fans make you feel like a local too.I was going to see the Boca v River plate derby plus 3 or 4 other games during the week,but covid got in the way.I think the week was about £1500 not including flights.
They sent me one last week about the old firm game,which is the day after the Fulham game.It was a match ticket and a night in a Glasgow hotel for €409,which seems a bit steep until you compare the match tickets alone on ticket websites.
Visiting Brazil on 12:50 - Mar 14 with 1975 viewsLogman

I haven't seen any games in Sao Paolo but I went to Botafogo - Fluminense (which is a Rio de Janeiro derby) in the Maracana about 5 years ago. Both sets of fans were fervent but there was no trouble at all and both sets of fans made their way onto and travelled on the tube together after the game (a 1-1 draw). The most important thing to look out for will be pick-pockets on the tube. If they leave their mobiles out of sight they are very likely to be lifted.
Visiting Brazil on 12:51 - Mar 14 with 1972 viewsenfieldargh

Visiting Brazil on 12:45 - Mar 14 by stowmarketrange

They put you in touch with local fans of the clubs you’re going to see and those fans make you feel like a local too.I was going to see the Boca v River plate derby plus 3 or 4 other games during the week,but covid got in the way.I think the week was about £1500 not including flights.
They sent me one last week about the old firm game,which is the day after the Fulham game.It was a match ticket and a night in a Glasgow hotel for €409,which seems a bit steep until you compare the match tickets alone on ticket websites.

good to know its a bonafide website.

States you pay a small deposit that if unable to travel can be transferred to a later date, different package or transferred to a friend.

Only 15 reviews tho and 3 of those are from scandis who went to Millwall

https://homefans.net/tour/ultimate-brazil-sao-paulo-rio/#

captains fantastic

Visiting Brazil on 12:56 - Mar 14 with 1953 viewsstowmarketrange

Visiting Brazil on 12:51 - Mar 14 by enfieldargh

good to know its a bonafide website.

States you pay a small deposit that if unable to travel can be transferred to a later date, different package or transferred to a friend.

Only 15 reviews tho and 3 of those are from scandis who went to Millwall

https://homefans.net/tour/ultimate-brazil-sao-paulo-rio/#

There will always be a chelsea fan though on any football trip you go anywhere in the world.
Login to get fewer ads

Visiting Brazil on 13:16 - Mar 14 with 1900 views00calben

Very safe watching football in Brazil - it’s not like some other countries in that their ‘ultras’ are just very loud rather than violent at all.

Wouldn’t recommend buying in advance you will pay a fortune. Speak to your hotel when you’re out there, they will advise best place to get tickets. If you want to get to/from ground as well as match ticket for peace of mind, they will also be able to advise (most local 3rd parties include hotel pick-up/drop off).

Tickets easy to get, we were able to get tickets to see Flamengo win the title, their return to the Maracana after winning the Copa Libertadores a few days earlier.

If you are going to do a few cities, again I’d recommend just booking your own internal flights/hotels/tickets rather than an organised tour through 3rd sorry companies.

Very jealous!!
Visiting Brazil on 13:31 - Mar 14 with 1860 viewsPlanetHonneywood

A while since I was there, but as several clubs play out of RDJ, you’ll catch plenty games in a short period.

We just rocked up to the Maricana and bought on the door. Sat in the main curve and there was some fisticuffs in one game, stretched out eating ice cream with no one around at another, and went in the safer branca (white) section for another.

It was considerably cheaper than what other folks paid via tourist firms, we just got cabs there and back to our hotel. Have to say, he’ll of a thing strolling off the Copacabana, showering and then having a few pre-game beers.

Cannot remember the name of the bar we went to, near the ground but perfectly safe with locals and foreigners alike. However, if you’re going to the favellas either go with a local or tour group.

Caught a game in Curitiba (Paranense v São Paulo) what atmosphere, utterly gizzed all over anything in the vastness of the Maracana, and far more memorable.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Visiting Brazil on 13:47 - Mar 14 with 1813 viewsQPRSteve

Visiting Brazil on 12:56 - Mar 14 by stowmarketrange

There will always be a chelsea fan though on any football trip you go anywhere in the world.

Sounds similar to you are never far from a rat.
Visiting Brazil on 13:56 - Mar 14 with 1794 viewsstowmarketrange

Visiting Brazil on 13:47 - Mar 14 by QPRSteve

Sounds similar to you are never far from a rat.

Or a greggs in Newcastle.
Visiting Brazil on 14:47 - Mar 14 with 1695 viewsLimerickR

I was in the Sao Paulo region last December and have to say very safe. The compliance for Covid was excellent, everybody wore masks indoors etc. Might be tricky with no Portuguese but I suppose they can use Google translate if necessary.

One tip is to take plenty of mosquito repellent, the little b@stards love our gringo blood.
Visiting Brazil on 16:22 - Mar 14 with 1623 viewsenfieldargh

Thanks for all this info, safety aspect puts my mins at rest...a little

Really want them to go, fantastic life experience and better than Oakwell one of them's first ever live QPR game!!!!

captains fantastic

Visiting Brazil on 17:14 - Mar 14 with 1580 viewsbaz_qpr

obviously depends where you are in Brazil, company do events in Sao Paulo, general advice to all staff is take uber everywhere dont go out alone
Visiting Brazil on 18:08 - Mar 14 with 1536 viewsBoston

There's an awful lot of coffee there.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Visiting Brazil on 20:16 - Mar 16 with 1248 viewsTGRRRSSS

Thanks for this site I've always wanted to do San Siro and if it goes be good to get there beforehand.

That said could one try fore a low key game and do a weekend in Milan?
Visiting Brazil on 20:45 - Mar 16 with 1234 viewsBrazilNutR

Been living in Sao Paulo for 15 years... although been a while since I've been to watch a game, used to go and watch Corinthians before the World Cup when they moved to a new stadium right out of town. Been to Morumbi (Sao Paulo stadium) a few times as well. Not been to the new Palmeiras stadium, although it is the easiest and most central to get to. Safety is similar to UK I feel, although the might not want to be in the wrong part of town wearing the wrong shirt.. especially during derby games.

Worth visiting Rio and heading to the Maracana for a game..
Visiting Brazil on 21:42 - Mar 16 with 1208 viewsstowmarketrange

Visiting Brazil on 20:16 - Mar 16 by TGRRRSSS

Thanks for this site I've always wanted to do San Siro and if it goes be good to get there beforehand.

That said could one try fore a low key game and do a weekend in Milan?

I went to the Milan derby in 1995 with a couple of workmates.We had a great weekend apart from the football match,which was a 1-0 away win for Inter.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024