Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another One Gone 18:37 - May 5 with 9837 viewsscarrow

Hartlepool sack Lee after 5 months!

https://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/news/2022/may/club-statement--graeme-lee/
[Post edited 5 May 2022 18:41]

Poll: Final position

Another One Gone on 12:13 - May 7 with 2583 viewsYorkshire_Dale

This saga reminded me of when we sold Donnelly to Tranmere.....amazing.

Take the compo if it's offered and move on.
Another One Gone on 12:46 - May 7 with 2497 views49thseason

Another One Gone on 11:39 - May 7 by boromat

Not sure it does make sense for Dale.

I'm not a fan of a director of football but having one does mean in theory you can change manager more often without as much disruption to the evolving squad.

We don't have one. RS rushed a squad together last summer, we're told under some restrictions as well. He's started the proper rebuild in January and has a seasons worth of understanding about the players and what needs to change.

If RS was to leave now I think we'd be taking a step back and could be left with another rushed squad for the season to come. At this stage I'd much prefer having RS building a squad fulfilling his plan and seeing what he can deliver next season. My expectations with a new manager would be lower.

I dont really know what people expected from this season. For me it was about finishing 22nd or better ... success! Anything more was a very tall order. There was a shift in emphasis about a third of the way into the season when not losing became more important and then the departure of Beesley and Morley in early January. Players came in from non- league environments but quickly succumbed to injuries, as did many others perhaps because of a short pre-season. Its hard to point to anyone who has played regularly without injuries.. Dooley?
Simply put, its been horrid from every prerspective. I find i hard to attatch blame to Stockdale, he played with what he was given and what he could scrounge, there was no moaning when Beesley and Morley left and for me, Ball Charman and Campbell look like decent players as building blocks for next season. The improvement in Dorsett was marked and points to coaching abilities in the club that may stand us in good stead, equally Taylor has shown steady improvement that suggests he is a better player than many here opined from his early performances.
A proper , muscle- hardening pre season will pay dividends next season, Stockdale will have learned lots and will be wiser for these experiences. If he were to leave now , some other club would benefit from our struggles this season so for me we must continue to continue in anticipation that there will not be another season as fraught as the last one for a very long time. Constancy of Pupose is the key.
Another One Gone on 14:55 - May 7 with 2291 viewskel

Another One Gone on 12:46 - May 7 by 49thseason

I dont really know what people expected from this season. For me it was about finishing 22nd or better ... success! Anything more was a very tall order. There was a shift in emphasis about a third of the way into the season when not losing became more important and then the departure of Beesley and Morley in early January. Players came in from non- league environments but quickly succumbed to injuries, as did many others perhaps because of a short pre-season. Its hard to point to anyone who has played regularly without injuries.. Dooley?
Simply put, its been horrid from every prerspective. I find i hard to attatch blame to Stockdale, he played with what he was given and what he could scrounge, there was no moaning when Beesley and Morley left and for me, Ball Charman and Campbell look like decent players as building blocks for next season. The improvement in Dorsett was marked and points to coaching abilities in the club that may stand us in good stead, equally Taylor has shown steady improvement that suggests he is a better player than many here opined from his early performances.
A proper , muscle- hardening pre season will pay dividends next season, Stockdale will have learned lots and will be wiser for these experiences. If he were to leave now , some other club would benefit from our struggles this season so for me we must continue to continue in anticipation that there will not be another season as fraught as the last one for a very long time. Constancy of Pupose is the key.

Superb post. Unfortunately some of our fans have gone all bury and think we have a divine right to hammer teams 5-0 every week and woe betide anybody who disagrees with them.
Another One Gone on 14:54 - Aug 19 with 1732 viewsZac_B

Another One Gone on 17:12 - May 6 by ColDale

Always wanted to stick a tenner on Dean Lewington to become the new AFC Wimbledon manager when that market was available. Would have been chucking a tenner away, but always fancied viewing the fall out from afar know that a single bet would probably make him amongst the favourites.

Stick a tenner on one of the unlikely contenders to replace Stockdale (say, Michael Carrick at 20/1), watch his odds tumble and Twitter go into meltdown?
Another One Gone on 08:03 - Aug 20 with 1196 viewsRodingdale

Another One Gone on 12:46 - May 7 by 49thseason

I agreed with this post back in May - you would have thought RS would learn but watching the Gillingham and then Stevenage games showed he has not done what we expected and learnt anything from his first year in management. The goal kick routine alone was so bad it became funny to watch. His interview after Stevenage was bizarre in its defence of the indefensible. Shame I thought he was a good bloke but he was just out of his depth.
Another One Gone on 11:27 - Aug 20 with 1018 views49thseason

Another One Gone on 08:03 - Aug 20 by Rodingdale

I agreed with this post back in May - you would have thought RS would learn but watching the Gillingham and then Stevenage games showed he has not done what we expected and learnt anything from his first year in management. The goal kick routine alone was so bad it became funny to watch. His interview after Stevenage was bizarre in its defence of the indefensible. Shame I thought he was a good bloke but he was just out of his depth.

I think the recruitment has been dire, time might prove me wrong but time we do not have. The requirement was for 3 or 4 solid L2 players, I guess EEL fits that bill but Stockdale just couldnt resist bringing in more kids. The injuries have certainly not helped, we have never seen both Charman and Campbell up front together, and having Taylor fit would add height at the back, I am unconvinced by Johns defending, midfield may be a better place for him.
I guess Stockdale just hasnt had the rub of the green, I just hope his replacement is luckier. We need a few more penalties and goals off someones backside to go our way. As Napoleon apparently never said " give me lucky Generals"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024