Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let’s all blame Andy Fisher 10:25 - May 8 with 3489 viewsKeithHaynes

What’s that all about ?

Received stick yesterday.

He is being asked to play in a certain way.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Let’s all blame Andy Fisher on 10:43 - May 8 with 2750 viewsonehunglow

By staying on his line.
Why do not the players simply refuse to. All of them

They should take control

In a way I feel for Fisher as it’s not his fault he was bought .

Feel sorrier for Hamer though

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Let’s all blame Andy Fisher on 10:43 - May 8 with 2773 viewsjojaca

All the goalkeepers this season have all performed roughly the same. Not much between them, it's the system we employ that is crippling them.

I am more disappointed we didn't give Benda a longer run, potentially he looked PL quality with main aspects of goalkeeping, but obviously he was no Beckenbauer with ball at his feet.

Even when you know, you never know?

Let’s all blame Andy Fisher on 10:47 - May 8 with 2759 viewsangryjack

It's not so much the way he's asking to pkay with his feet it's his refusal to command his area and come for crosses,too indecisive and don't give defenders any confidence at all..I'd go as far to say worst keeper I've seen in swans shirt,and that includes gummy dai,Peter Guthrie,and Co..
Let’s all blame Andy Fisher on 11:18 - May 8 with 2714 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

He is likely being asked to perform the nonsensical goal kick routine with the purpose to attract attention for Russell Martin's "unique" style of play.

He's certainly not being asked to remain on his goal line when collectable crosses are being put into his six yard area.

Neither is he being asked to exhibit obvious indecisiveness when facing shots or lose balls in his penalty area.

Based purely on his performances for us thus far, he is the worst senior goalkeeper we have in the first team and does not look like he belongs in this division.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Let’s all blame Andy Fisher on 11:24 - May 8 with 2710 viewsBadlands

Fisher is a poor goalkeeper … end of.
No command ( when you have relatively short defender the goalkeeper must take more responsibility for high balls and crosses.)
Hesitates
Distribution other than short pass is appalling.
Hamer and Benda have more about them.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Let’s all blame Andy Fisher on 11:49 - May 8 with 2680 viewsicecoldjack

He's the worst keeper we've had for about 20 yrs, not his fault he was signed ,tries his best but doesn't do the basics well enough for us to be contenders.

Stupid signing and a waste of money . I personally thought we had better options at the club already.
Let’s all blame Andy Fisher on 16:08 - May 8 with 2518 viewsonehunglow

Let’s all blame Andy Fisher on 10:47 - May 8 by angryjack

It's not so much the way he's asking to pkay with his feet it's his refusal to command his area and come for crosses,too indecisive and don't give defenders any confidence at all..I'd go as far to say worst keeper I've seen in swans shirt,and that includes gummy dai,Peter Guthrie,and Co..

Let us be honest
Whenever the ball gets anywhere near him,we are terrified.
At corners,free kicks,one on ones,crosses.
He is an embarrassment and probably a very nice boy but that is not enough .

Let’s all blame Andy Fisher on 17:18 - May 8 with 2483 viewsangryjack

Let’s all blame Andy Fisher on 16:08 - May 8 by onehunglow

Let us be honest
Whenever the ball gets anywhere near him,we are terrified.
At corners,free kicks,one on ones,crosses.
He is an embarrassment and probably a very nice boy but that is not enough .

He's sh!t,full stop baffles me how the tw@t has made it as far as he has in the game as is all around play as a keeper is shocking,must have a class agent and some very poor academy coaches who thought he was good enough to be pro
Login to get fewer ads

Let’s all blame Andy Fisher on 17:58 - May 8 with 2458 viewsLittleEnglandJack

I want to like him, and there are flashes of quality there (both in terms of goalkeeping and with the ball at his feet) but I just don't think he's a good enough goalkeeper for this level.

To me he looks shot of confidence all the time. He makes poor decisions and doesn't inspire confidence in those around him.

Forest last weekend summed him up really. Couple of good stops but arguably at fault for a couple of their goals and a few heart in mouth moments besides.

I can forgive a keeper making the odd mistake playing out from the back but you've got to do the basics well, which I'm not convinced he does.

Hamer did absolutely nothing to get dropped, really. He was actually in good form (keeping us in the game away at Huddersfield) when Fisher came in.

With us in the market for a new keeper in the summer I suspect he'll drop to the bench next season.
Let’s all blame Andy Fisher on 18:17 - May 8 with 2419 viewsonehunglow

Let’s all blame Andy Fisher on 17:58 - May 8 by LittleEnglandJack

I want to like him, and there are flashes of quality there (both in terms of goalkeeping and with the ball at his feet) but I just don't think he's a good enough goalkeeper for this level.

To me he looks shot of confidence all the time. He makes poor decisions and doesn't inspire confidence in those around him.

Forest last weekend summed him up really. Couple of good stops but arguably at fault for a couple of their goals and a few heart in mouth moments besides.

I can forgive a keeper making the odd mistake playing out from the back but you've got to do the basics well, which I'm not convinced he does.

Hamer did absolutely nothing to get dropped, really. He was actually in good form (keeping us in the game away at Huddersfield) when Fisher came in.

With us in the market for a new keeper in the summer I suspect he'll drop to the bench next season.

It’s not confidence. It’s ability and lack of courage. He is mentally unfit to keep goal.
After I read great shop stopper at Forest ,my heart sunk.

There is nothing at all positive about where we are

Somehow,we need to see Martin leave.

We might go back to being a proper club then as we are not now

We have seen insulting performances all season .

Let’s all blame Andy Fisher on 18:28 - May 8 with 2419 viewsKeithHaynes

Let’s all blame Andy Fisher on 18:17 - May 8 by onehunglow

It’s not confidence. It’s ability and lack of courage. He is mentally unfit to keep goal.
After I read great shop stopper at Forest ,my heart sunk.

There is nothing at all positive about where we are

Somehow,we need to see Martin leave.

We might go back to being a proper club then as we are not now

We have seen insulting performances all season .

We know about Martin, it’s pretty evident, but the point of the thread is Fisher and him being given stick.

If you look at the Russell Martin news story from this morning you will see balance and criticism where it’s due.

Let’s all blame Andy Fisher on 18:37 - May 8 with 2405 viewsjeza739

I agreement with most comments, he's a poor man's Nordfeldt and he was abysmal...
Only thing that concerns me is that he is RM signing having worked with him at MK Dons. For RM to replace him us an admittance he's not good enough and got it wrong.
I'm not sure that is something in RM make up tbh .
Time will tell ..but Fisher is nowhere near good enough
Let’s all blame Andy Fisher on 22:03 - May 8 with 2300 viewsBillyChong

Martin making Fisher his marquee priority January signing above more needy positions didn’t help. Expectations were high. Turned out so far to be a Kevin Amankwaah type signing, and not for a huge amount more than we were paying out for big signings back then.
Let’s all blame Andy Fisher on 00:36 - May 9 with 2233 viewsDr_Parnassus

An average to poor keeper not helped by his physical stature and also not helped by his manager who is happily sacrificing the keepers reputation as he feels it may enhance his own.

Fisher is simply a pawn in Russell Martin’s self promotion game, as is the club of course. Both will be tossed to the wayside as soon as the next idiot falls for his pointless and fruitless “innovation”.
[Post edited 9 May 2022 6:33]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Let’s all blame Andy Fisher on 05:01 - May 9 with 2198 viewsbuilthjack

Let’s all blame Andy Fisher on 10:43 - May 8 by onehunglow

By staying on his line.
Why do not the players simply refuse to. All of them

They should take control

In a way I feel for Fisher as it’s not his fault he was bought .

Feel sorrier for Hamer though

Didn't think you were a union man.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Let’s all blame Andy Fisher on 07:20 - May 9 with 2153 viewsDr_Winston

We've reached the point where even if Fisher actually has a fairly tidy game as he did on Sat (no mistakes, distribution basically spot on) the usual suspects have no option but to pretend that he was terrible because they've left themselves with nowhere to go.

Is the the answer long term? No. I think we're making him look worse with the way we play, but he's not an upgrade on what we had and I'd still be playing Benda ahead of all of them. But it's fairly pointless pretending that no matter what he does from here on in his card isn't utterly marked with too many.
[Post edited 9 May 2022 8:02]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Let’s all blame Andy Fisher on 10:16 - May 9 with 2074 viewsBadlands

Let’s all blame Andy Fisher on 07:20 - May 9 by Dr_Winston

We've reached the point where even if Fisher actually has a fairly tidy game as he did on Sat (no mistakes, distribution basically spot on) the usual suspects have no option but to pretend that he was terrible because they've left themselves with nowhere to go.

Is the the answer long term? No. I think we're making him look worse with the way we play, but he's not an upgrade on what we had and I'd still be playing Benda ahead of all of them. But it's fairly pointless pretending that no matter what he does from here on in his card isn't utterly marked with too many.

'no mistakes, distribution basically spot on'
Eh!!!!!!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Let’s all blame Andy Fisher on 10:38 - May 9 with 2044 viewsonehunglow

Let’s all blame Andy Fisher on 10:16 - May 9 by Badlands

Eh!!!!!!

What Winston means is Andy is a great touch finder but not as good a Wooman but at least Woody belting it straight into touch without stroking the ball around. Every team needs a goalkeeper its defence trusts.Ours does not.Cabango clearly covers for Fisher. BTW,Cabango is my man of the season;Piroe player obviously but considering his treatment at the hands of the coach he has been magnificent. Ive read he can't really play a the coach wants to which I say more power to his elbow.

Leeds giveaway goal yesterday a perfect example of this madness.

Let’s all blame Andy Fisher on 11:21 - May 9 with 2014 viewsDr_Winston

Let’s all blame Andy Fisher on 10:16 - May 9 by Badlands

Eh!!!!!!

Thanks for providing an example.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Let’s all blame Andy Fisher on 11:30 - May 9 with 2003 viewsDr_Parnassus

Let’s all blame Andy Fisher on 11:21 - May 9 by Dr_Winston

Thanks for providing an example.

No need to bicker and accuse people of things, just look at the data and then decide...

Last 2 games:-

Of Fishers 27 long passes in the last game, he found a Swansea player 12 times. (44%)

Of Fishers 17 long passes in the Forest game, he found a Swansea player 7 times. (41%)

I guess it is up to the reader to decide if they think that is good or not.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Let’s all blame Andy Fisher on 11:37 - May 9 with 1999 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Let’s all blame Andy Fisher on 11:30 - May 9 by Dr_Parnassus

No need to bicker and accuse people of things, just look at the data and then decide...

Last 2 games:-

Of Fishers 27 long passes in the last game, he found a Swansea player 12 times. (44%)

Of Fishers 17 long passes in the Forest game, he found a Swansea player 7 times. (41%)

I guess it is up to the reader to decide if they think that is good or not.

Against QPR, Fisher attempted 70 passes. 71% were accurate.

21 of the 70 were "long balls". Only 12 of those were accurate.

Quite how that is "basically spot on" perhaps indicates just how successful Russell Martin has been in lowering the standard considered acceptable amongst some of our supporters.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Let’s all blame Andy Fisher on 13:50 - May 9 with 1882 viewsonehunglow

Let’s all blame Andy Fisher on 11:37 - May 9 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Against QPR, Fisher attempted 70 passes. 71% were accurate.

21 of the 70 were "long balls". Only 12 of those were accurate.

Quite how that is "basically spot on" perhaps indicates just how successful Russell Martin has been in lowering the standard considered acceptable amongst some of our supporters.

That should make Winston reflect .
It shows we can all be wrong

Bickering is what we are now because of this coach and his divisive nature.

Let’s all blame Andy Fisher on 15:41 - May 9 with 1811 viewsKeithHaynes

Let’s all blame Andy Fisher on 13:50 - May 9 by onehunglow

That should make Winston reflect .
It shows we can all be wrong

Bickering is what we are now because of this coach and his divisive nature.

Or the continued repetitive posts blaming him for everything, it’s madness without an assessment of what you are saying and maybe some evidence. Generic posts time after time just saying he’s this and that prove nothing.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Let’s all blame Andy Fisher on 15:54 - May 9 with 1794 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Let’s all blame Andy Fisher on 07:20 - May 9 by Dr_Winston

Fisher is like all the other players we have. Woefully inconsistent. He has had some really good games for us, made great saves. There was one game (perhaps Coventry, can’t remember) where he was pinging really good passes all over the place. Think he even got an assist.

Then in other games he is flapping, indecisive, can’t kick for toffee.

I don’t think he should be singled out. There’s hardly a single player in our squad that has achieved any level of consistency this season. They’ve pretty much all to a man been brilliant one week and absolutely pathetic the next.

This has been the problem in general. When it clicks we have the capability of tearing any team apart. We clearly have very talented players. But then we also have the propensity to fall apart just as easily. I don’t know if it’s a mental thing, or they’re tired (I hate that excuse) but Fisher is clearly in the same category as all the others. Sometimes he’s good, other times he’s absolute dog doo doo.
Let’s all blame Andy Fisher on 16:31 - May 9 with 1773 viewsonehunglow

Let’s all blame Andy Fisher on 15:54 - May 9 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

Fisher is like all the other players we have. Woefully inconsistent. He has had some really good games for us, made great saves. There was one game (perhaps Coventry, can’t remember) where he was pinging really good passes all over the place. Think he even got an assist.

Then in other games he is flapping, indecisive, can’t kick for toffee.

I don’t think he should be singled out. There’s hardly a single player in our squad that has achieved any level of consistency this season. They’ve pretty much all to a man been brilliant one week and absolutely pathetic the next.

This has been the problem in general. When it clicks we have the capability of tearing any team apart. We clearly have very talented players. But then we also have the propensity to fall apart just as easily. I don’t know if it’s a mental thing, or they’re tired (I hate that excuse) but Fisher is clearly in the same category as all the others. Sometimes he’s good, other times he’s absolute dog doo doo.

I think he should although it's not his fault he is at a level at which he is not competent or suited for.
He actually looks a pitiful ,forlorn site and hapless when his presence alone sees us concede the most appalling goals.We've not conceded in this manner all my life. Trust me,Keith,no keeper has been so inept at this level.Johnny King was himself subject to the odd catcall but he was on another planet to Fisher.

He is ,or should be the cornerstone of our defence and the one to organise;he does no such thing. The fact Grimes is also mute at crucial times adds to the mess.

Ive had enough of this now and my fears are clearly with substance. We can recover and progress. Keeping some key players,releasing the dross and foregoing these insane loans ,a half decent coach will see us retrieve our reputation and our dignity .Don't forget ,out club ha been desrcibed as not proper. NOT PROPER. Just stupifying arrogance of the man insulting all thoe who have done sterling service over the years at the club. Others can take that ;I'm not.

Ironically,neither Benda nor Fisher had as much criticism.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024