Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City 23M debt 22:47 - May 30 with 9483 viewsKeithHaynes

The authoritative Swiss Ramble reviews Swansea City’s 2020/21 accounts, when they swung from £2.7m pre-tax profit to £4.6m loss. Revenue fell £22m to £28m (lower parachute payment & COVID impact) and profit on player sales down £5m to £12m, largely offset by big cost reduction.

They swung from a pre-tax profit of £2.7m to a loss of £4.6m, as revenue fell £22m (45%) from £50m to £28m and profit from player sales dropped £5m (30%) to £12m, partly offset by total expenses reducing by £17m (26%) and £3.3m insurance claim. Loss after tax was £4.1m.

The main reason for the £22m revenue decrease was broadcasting, which dropped £17m (44%) from £39m to £22m, mainly due to lower parachute payment, though COVID also drove reductions in match day, down £3.0m (63%) to £1.8m, and commercial, down £1.8m (31%) to £4.1m.

Although a loss is rarely good news, the £4.6m deficit was one of the better results in 2020/21 with five clubs posting losses above £20m. As chief executive Julian Winter said, “The club remains in a comparatively positive financial position within the Championship.”

In their seven seasons in the Premier League (between 2012 and 2018), profits amounted to an impressive £36m. Performance has deteriorated in the last three seasons in the Championship, but this has only resulted in a relatively low net loss of £9m.

Since relegation from the Premier League, revenue has dropped by £99m (78%) from £127m in 2018 to £28m, very largely due to less TV money in the Championship (£83m decrease), though commercial and match day are also down £10m and £6m respectively.

Revenue decline has been cushioned by Premier League parachute payments, though these have fallen in each of the three years since relegation: 2019 £43m, 2020 £34m and £2021 £15m. Last season was the final tranche, so 2021/22 revenue will be even lower.

Commercial revenue fell £1.8m (31%) to £4.1m, comprising £3.1m commercial income and £0.9m other, the lowest since 2011 and down from £14.5m three years ago. This is mid-table in the Championship, a fair way below the likes of Stoke City £12m, Norwich £8m and Bristol City £8m.

Reliance on player sales

The club noted that £12.5m profit from player sales was “used to partially fund the operating loss”, though down from prior year’s £17.8m. Mainly came from sale of Joe Rodon to Spurs. This is still pretty good.

The Swans have become quite reliant on player sales, adding up to £144m in the last five years, compared to £46m in preceding 5-year period. This season’s profit will be lower (Connor Roberts to Burnley and Jamal Lowe to Bournemouth), so more player trading likely this summer to balance the books.

If forecast player sales are not achieved, they would need to find further sources of funding to maintain cash flow. The auditors noted, “This represents a material uncertainty which may cast significant doubt about the club’s ability to continue as a going concern.”

Average attendance in 2019/20 (for games played with fans) was 16,151, which was in the bottom half of the Championship. Down 4,500 (22%) since relegation. The club slashed ticket renewal prices for the 2021/22 campaign.

Wages

The wage bill fell £11m (28%) from £39m (excluding £1.7m onerous contracts) to £28m, which means that wages have been cut by £63m (69%) in the three years since relegation (revenue down £99m in same period). Club’s lowest wage bill since £17m in 2011.

Following the decrease, the £28m wage bill is mid-table in the Championship. Less than half of Watford £68m, Norwicj £67m and Bournemouth £57m (though the first two included hefty promotion bonuses). Number of staff reduced from 409 in the Premier League to 244.

Despite the reduction in wages, the wages to turnover ratio increased from 77% to 101%, though this was actually one of the lowest (best) in the Championship. The vast majority of clubs in this division have unsustainable ratios well above 100% (incredibly six are over 200%).

Debt

Gross debt rose £21m from £2m to £23m, including £13.6m convertible loan (as a result of director Jake Silverstein’s investment in August 2020) and two interest-free EFL loans amounting to £7.5m. This is the club’s highest debt since 2015.

Despite the increase, the £23m gross debt is one of the smallest in the Championship, far below Stoke City £212m, Bournemouth £165m, Blackburn Rovers £152m and Watford £139m. However, almost all debt in this division is from the clubs’ owners, so is “soft” in nature.

The club have bought the land at the south end of the stadium, while acquiring 100% of the company responsible for the Liberty Stadium management. This would facilitate stadium capacity expansion, but this would only be considered after a return to the Premier League.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City 23M debt on 18:03 - May 31 with 1307 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City 23M debt on 16:51 - May 31 by magicdaps10

The thing is OHL, proper football people will see things that the majority of fans won't as was the case with Potter.
I think Martin will be seen in the same vision as Potter, he is a fresh young manager who like Potter has come into a club that is clearly not an easy place too work... If he carries on this style then I am sure a club higher than us will come calling.

Martin has a lot too learn as does/did Potter but these clubs are understanding of this, atleast the ones who know what they are doing and have a forward thinking attitude.

There again OHL, football changes very quickly and it could so easily stop in its tracks....i can only summise as I have above, we shall see.

It seems to me the Cooper of today is not the Cooper at Swansea. He by luck or chance inherited great pace of Johnson and Spense. He also inherited Reid as a his number 2 . Reid might have added something. Cooper dispensed with the pace of Asoro and had slowish Ayew and Bidwell. No gas and none of the "transitions" he has at NF although Lowe had some good days.

Martin hs some strengths and weaknesses with need to be attended to. It is a fact that Swansea went 3-0 up v Bournemouth but could not neutralise Moore and Solanke. A trusted Burns at 6 ft 5 in or Bennett at 6ft 3in should have done the job when brought on. Similarly at 1-4 up v Reading when they went direct. The players were brave but the manager was not and did not help them.

Swansea can be "brave" and get two points or pragmatic and get six in those two games in particular.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea City 23M debt on 18:11 - May 31 with 1276 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City 23M debt on 18:03 - May 31 by ReslovenSwan1

It seems to me the Cooper of today is not the Cooper at Swansea. He by luck or chance inherited great pace of Johnson and Spense. He also inherited Reid as a his number 2 . Reid might have added something. Cooper dispensed with the pace of Asoro and had slowish Ayew and Bidwell. No gas and none of the "transitions" he has at NF although Lowe had some good days.

Martin hs some strengths and weaknesses with need to be attended to. It is a fact that Swansea went 3-0 up v Bournemouth but could not neutralise Moore and Solanke. A trusted Burns at 6 ft 5 in or Bennett at 6ft 3in should have done the job when brought on. Similarly at 1-4 up v Reading when they went direct. The players were brave but the manager was not and did not help them.

Swansea can be "brave" and get two points or pragmatic and get six in those two games in particular.

That doesn’t stack up to reality though does it.

As we both know he transformed Forest instantly. It’s not feasible to think a manager is not the same as he was in game 92 of his career as he was in game 93.

Exactly the same approach, which is making the best out of the players he has at his disposal. With us our strength was defence. With Forest their strength is pace. Getting rid of Asoro was because he wasn’t very good, not because he was fast.

Martin’s problem is he doesn’t understand that notion. He believes his way is correct despite all the proof showing otherwise and he is completely incapable of developing or adapting without going straight back to what he knows.

Martin has very few strengths and a hefty list of weaknesses. Youth is on his side which is a positive, after that I’m struggling.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City 23M debt on 18:32 - May 31 with 1245 viewsAndyCole

Swansea City 23M debt on 18:11 - May 31 by Dr_Parnassus

That doesn’t stack up to reality though does it.

As we both know he transformed Forest instantly. It’s not feasible to think a manager is not the same as he was in game 92 of his career as he was in game 93.

Exactly the same approach, which is making the best out of the players he has at his disposal. With us our strength was defence. With Forest their strength is pace. Getting rid of Asoro was because he wasn’t very good, not because he was fast.

Martin’s problem is he doesn’t understand that notion. He believes his way is correct despite all the proof showing otherwise and he is completely incapable of developing or adapting without going straight back to what he knows.

Martin has very few strengths and a hefty list of weaknesses. Youth is on his side which is a positive, after that I’m struggling.

For many of us the key point you make is 'He believes his way is correct despite all the proof showing otherwise '.

As others have noted recently - Martin seems to lack the intelligence to know what to do. Selection, in-game tactics, man-management, overall strategy.......

Down the leafy lanes here in South Gower, word is Martin knows precisely what to do - to further brand Martin. That's it. It's his raison d'etre - at our Club's expense.

Our proper Club being taken for a ride along Martin's self-centred journey, a ride which confines us to the quagmire of bottom half nowheresville.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City 23M debt on 18:47 - May 31 with 1242 viewsjohnlangy

Swansea City 23M debt on 11:38 - May 31 by PawelAbbott

We do seem to have shot ourselves in the foot in terms of loan signings.
2 loan signings this season that were rarely used even though they had a good pedigree, is unlikely to persuade any club to send us their youngsters who are on the verge of the first team.

Developing our own youngsters should be the long-term strategy. Something we didn't see much of last season.

It's ideal of course to develop our own players.

But if players are bought in, on the cheap, and developed that also has to be good. How much did Piroe, Downes and Obafemi cost us ? And how much are they worth now ?
Swansea City 23M debt on 18:59 - May 31 with 1227 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City 23M debt on 18:47 - May 31 by johnlangy

But if players are bought in, on the cheap, and developed that also has to be good. How much did Piroe, Downes and Obafemi cost us ? And how much are they worth now ?

The fees were each larger than what the academy costs to run for a year (after grants). £4-5m that the club doesn't have lying around spare on those three. So it's a good thing they've made a positive impression, as that doesn't always happen.

They're worth what a club is willing to pay for them. Right now the figure we've recovered stands at £0. A "market value" doesn't help pay the bills.
Swansea City 23M debt on 19:12 - May 31 with 1211 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City 23M debt on 18:47 - May 31 by johnlangy

Doesn't matter how much they cost if they don't develop, each one cost over 1M and the hard work is developing them, it's been done superbly with each of them.

I would even say that Cabango gas seen his worth increase with his development with ball at feet.

Between the 4 of them, I would suggest that we have nigh on 40M worth of talent, could even be looking north of it if we play our cards right.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea City 23M debt on 19:18 - May 31 with 1190 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City 23M debt on 19:12 - May 31 by magicdaps10

Doesn't matter how much they cost if they don't develop, each one cost over 1M and the hard work is developing them, it's been done superbly with each of them.

I would even say that Cabango gas seen his worth increase with his development with ball at feet.

Between the 4 of them, I would suggest that we have nigh on 40M worth of talent, could even be looking north of it if we play our cards right.

So you think we have £40m worth of players just in our core 4 players.

Without touching Grimes, Naughton, Ntcham and Pato… and you are still championing for mid table mediocrity?

That’s one of the most valuable squads in the Championship.

Swansea City 23M debt on 19:29 - May 31 with 1195 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City 23M debt on 19:18 - May 31 by Dr_Parnassus

Without touching Grimes, Naughton, Ntcham and Pato… and you are still championing for mid table mediocrity?

Players are only worth what someone will pay. We can value them as much as we want but we must remember that younger players will bring more in because of their potential so its not really a guide i go off to compare a team and where they should be in the league.

That theory only tends to work if you are playing football manager I would hazard a guess.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City 23M debt on 19:33 - May 31 with 1179 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City 23M debt on 19:29 - May 31 by magicdaps10

Players are only worth what someone will pay. We can value them as much as we want but we must remember that younger players will bring more in because of their potential so its not really a guide i go off to compare a team and where they should be in the league.

That theory only tends to work if you are playing football manager I would hazard a guess.

Well you said if we play it right that’s what we could get for them. You were suggesting that is what you could see other teams paying for them.

Remember, if you have a new remit of lowering expectations you have to be consistent with that, there are eyes everywhere…

Swansea City 23M debt on 19:39 - May 31 with 1181 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City 23M debt on 19:33 - May 31 by Dr_Parnassus

Well you said if we play it right that’s what we could get for them. You were suggesting that is what you could see other teams paying for them.

Remember, if you have a new remit of lowering expectations you have to be consistent with that, there are eyes everywhere…

Yes but as I said.... Teams pay for potential and those 4.are 22 or under so fall in that category.

You don't think that the fee wouldn't take into account potential for each of the 4?

As for the end bit, if you want to play games and give warnings then you are certainly correct... There are eyes everywhere! But it certainly won't effect my life to what others do on here... If they have the time to do that on here then they are missing out on living their lives, they can crack on.

Swansea City 23M debt on 19:44 - May 31 with 1173 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City 23M debt on 16:51 - May 31 by magicdaps10

The thing is OHL, proper football people will see things that the majority of fans won't as was the case with Potter.
I think Martin will be seen in the same vision as Potter, he is a fresh young manager who like Potter has come into a club that is clearly not an easy place too work... If he carries on this style then I am sure a club higher than us will come calling.

Martin has a lot too learn as does/did Potter but these clubs are understanding of this, atleast the ones who know what they are doing and have a forward thinking attitude.

There again OHL, football changes very quickly and it could so easily stop in its tracks....i can only summise as I have above, we shall see.

Good riposte daps.Fair play

It's all about exchanging opinions. It really is.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City 23M debt on 19:46 - May 31 with 1165 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City 23M debt on 19:39 - May 31 by magicdaps10

Yes but as I said.... Teams pay for potential and those 4.are 22 or under so fall in that category.

You don't think that the fee wouldn't take into account potential for each of the 4?

As for the end bit, if you want to play games and give warnings then you are certainly correct... There are eyes everywhere! But it certainly won't effect my life to what others do on here... If they have the time to do that on here then they are missing out on living their lives, they can crack on.

No more than Brennan Johnson who you were championing as a reason for Coopers success. Just because they are young doesn’t mean they don’t hold significant value for their current exceptional ability.

Piroe, Downes, Obafemi as a trio in particular are very much the here and now. These aren’t kids with potential they are first team starters performing to a very high level.

Cabango is a fully fledged international but does seem to have a little way to go to reach his potential.

Play games? Give warnings? No idea what you are talking about. I am making the point that after a season of pushing the narrative we are writing off a season so we can push on next season, only to drastically pour cold water over that of late due to a lack of confidence… then you have to remember to keep that up.

Stating we have a solid core of £40m of talent covering 4 positions is hardly tempering expectations which of course is your new narrative.

Swansea City 23M debt on 20:06 - May 31 with 1155 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City 23M debt on 19:44 - May 31 by onehunglow

Good riposte daps.Fair play

It's all about exchanging opinions. It really is.

I wasn't trying to be clever OHL, I really wasn't.

I will type as I see and I like to take the whole picture into it. I tend to find expectations especially of those things close to you(Swansea City in this case) are set higher due to the love/attachment to it, i understand that in the vast majority of these situations that the expectations are unfair and on many a time unrealistic.

I think that my wife has learned the same in 22 years aswell 😂

Swansea City 23M debt on 20:10 - May 31 with 1141 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City 23M debt on 20:06 - May 31 by magicdaps10

I wasn't trying to be clever OHL, I really wasn't.

I will type as I see and I like to take the whole picture into it. I tend to find expectations especially of those things close to you(Swansea City in this case) are set higher due to the love/attachment to it, i understand that in the vast majority of these situations that the expectations are unfair and on many a time unrealistic.

I think that my wife has learned the same in 22 years aswell 😂

8th favourites for the title, with £40m+ of talent in just 4 positions being coveted by PL teams… after writing off a whole season the year previous to be able to give it a go this season…

For the above to be able to compete for a top 6 spot in the Championship - I wouldn’t consider in any shape or form “unrealistic”.

I would say that’s very much the fair expectation, the bare minimum.
[Post edited 31 May 2022 20:24]

Swansea City 23M debt on 20:23 - May 31 with 1134 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City 23M debt on 20:10 - May 31 by Dr_Parnassus

8th favourites for the title, with £40m+ of talent in just 4 positions being coveted by PL teams… after writing off a whole season the year previous to be able to give it a go this season…

For the above to be able to compete for a top 6 spot in the Championship - I wouldn’t consider in any shape or form “unrealistic”.

I would say that’s very much the fair expectation, the bare minimum.
[Post edited 31 May 2022 20:24]

Right, are you still going on!

I get what you think and I take your opinion on board. I would say that 8th is a possibility if all things go well, might even be more if we get things right but my view realistically is around about 10th.

Bookies know what they are talking about and as they see it, there are 7 teams who they believe are better than ours. I think if we can finish in mid table then it's an improvement on last season.

Your expectations are higher than mine, mine might not be high enough, yours might be too high.....its a differing opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

If you expect and want 6th spot as bare minimum then that's your perogative.... I don't see that as a realistic outcome, hope I am wrong though.

Swansea City 23M debt on 20:27 - May 31 with 1121 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City 23M debt on 20:23 - May 31 by magicdaps10

Right, are you still going on!

I get what you think and I take your opinion on board. I would say that 8th is a possibility if all things go well, might even be more if we get things right but my view realistically is around about 10th.

Bookies know what they are talking about and as they see it, there are 7 teams who they believe are better than ours. I think if we can finish in mid table then it's an improvement on last season.

Your expectations are higher than mine, mine might not be high enough, yours might be too high.....its a differing opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

If you expect and want 6th spot as bare minimum then that's your perogative.... I don't see that as a realistic outcome, hope I am wrong though.

Still going on? This has only just begun, it will be an ongoing theme throughout this coming season. It’s the first season where we are universally allowed to critique remember.

Remember “season of transition”? You can’t transition from a mid table team into a mid table team. That’s just staying the same - mediocrity is another name for it.

I did say at the time that this “season of transition” nonsense would end up biting people on the behind. Not accepting responsibility for the current state of affairs only means you have to face up to it twice as hard in the future.

That future is now. No subtle (but predictable) dampening of expectation now will save the situation.

Bookies had us around the same price for the last 4 seasons. Cooper exceeded those expectations by coming 4th and 6th, that’s the standard we are looking for when bookies make us 8th favourites.

We have just had a season of transition in 15th, now we need to get back to what we were doing before that in terms of expectations don’t we…

Swansea City 23M debt on 20:49 - May 31 with 1116 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City 23M debt on 20:27 - May 31 by Dr_Parnassus

Still going on? This has only just begun, it will be an ongoing theme throughout this coming season. It’s the first season where we are universally allowed to critique remember.

Remember “season of transition”? You can’t transition from a mid table team into a mid table team. That’s just staying the same - mediocrity is another name for it.

I did say at the time that this “season of transition” nonsense would end up biting people on the behind. Not accepting responsibility for the current state of affairs only means you have to face up to it twice as hard in the future.

That future is now. No subtle (but predictable) dampening of expectation now will save the situation.

Bookies had us around the same price for the last 4 seasons. Cooper exceeded those expectations by coming 4th and 6th, that’s the standard we are looking for when bookies make us 8th favourites.

We have just had a season of transition in 15th, now we need to get back to what we were doing before that in terms of expectations don’t we…

OK, we will go from a bottom half team into a top half team.....that will be the progression.

We have no right to be a play off team, I don't believe we are that good let alone ready(hope I am wrong).
You clearly expect more, be that realistic or not but I do question Wether you are just putting that expectation on Martin just so you can have a go if it doesn't happen!

If he does produce the goods then you will just fall back on the good old...... He has changed tactics, style etc.

Either way, you have made your view clear, you have all angles covered......your hedging your bets so either way you have an answer on both.

My view is around midtable(10-12th) I have more scope to be wrong but I am giving an honest expectation with no ulteria motive.

Think that is really as much as I can say, I will leave you kill of our interaction as I expect you will feel the need as always to have the final say.

Swansea City 23M debt on 21:00 - May 31 with 1096 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City 23M debt on 19:18 - May 31 by Dr_Parnassus

Its true to say that Martin has increased the valuation of several players.

Piroe, Obafemi, Downes, Cabango.

Players like Latibeaudiere, Manning and were not used by Cooper are work in progress but will probably struggle to get a fee for with out further development.

Martin did not develop loan player well like Williams and Burns but will have helped Wolf get over his injury problems. Christie performed well as expected.

Some in house players will come to the fore hopefully. Ollie Cooper and Congreave are favourites and possibly Abdullai who adds physicality to the defensive midfield role. Brandon Cooper and Garrick might be given a chance.

Swansea City 23M debt on 21:02 - May 31 with 1085 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City 23M debt on 20:49 - May 31 by magicdaps10

OK, we will go from a bottom half team into a top half team.....that will be the progression.

We have no right to be a play off team, I don't believe we are that good let alone ready(hope I am wrong).
You clearly expect more, be that realistic or not but I do question Wether you are just putting that expectation on Martin just so you can have a go if it doesn't happen!

If he does produce the goods then you will just fall back on the good old...... He has changed tactics, style etc.

Either way, you have made your view clear, you have all angles covered......your hedging your bets so either way you have an answer on both.

My view is around midtable(10-12th) I have more scope to be wrong but I am giving an honest expectation with no ulteria motive.

Think that is really as much as I can say, I will leave you kill of our interaction as I expect you will feel the need as always to have the final say.

You expected 10th-12th last season. You even mentioned we had a shout at playoffs.

You were also saying that it was a transition season and we were to kick on next season. So if you felt 10th was a realistic expectation in such a transition season (with also the chance of playoffs) it’s quite bizarre then this season you seem to be expecting the same sort of thing.

That’s not transition then is it. The fact we severely underperformed last season and finished 15th doesn’t mean that any sort of improvement means we have “transitioned”. Was the plan really to transition into a side that scrapes a mid table finish…

Something tells me you are being very dishonest to avoid admitting that you were very wrong about this managers, and probably more importantly - others were very right.

Same with Cooper, you said shortly after he took over “mid table would be an incredible achievement for the basket case club” or something to that effect. By the end you were proclaiming he would be a failure if he didn’t get promoted.

You change your views to cover your own inaccuracies.

BE BRAVE, BE CONSISTENT. STAND BY WHAT YOU HAVE SAID.

Swansea City 23M debt on 21:29 - May 31 with 1071 viewsReslovenSwan1

Martin has to do a whole lot better in 2022-2023 for sure. All excuses are gone. The 'pain' the club has gone through this season and the growth and development of the squad will been to show tangible results.

This season the squad was left light after sending 6-8 potential squad player out on loan. The elite loan players did not come up to standard and neither did one or two signings. Mr Allen paid the price for that.

Swansea need to be in the running for top 6 and avoid the collapses seen in the last few weeks of the season. If players were tired by playing 3 games in a week then something must be wrong in the management training and conditioning.

Swansea City 23M debt on 22:54 - May 31 with 1009 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City 23M debt on 21:29 - May 31 by ReslovenSwan1

Martin has to do a whole lot better in 2022-2023 for sure. All excuses are gone. The 'pain' the club has gone through this season and the growth and development of the squad will been to show tangible results.

This season the squad was left light after sending 6-8 potential squad player out on loan. The elite loan players did not come up to standard and neither did one or two signings. Mr Allen paid the price for that.

Swansea need to be in the running for top 6 and avoid the collapses seen in the last few weeks of the season. If players were tired by playing 3 games in a week then something must be wrong in the management training and conditioning.

He certainly does need to be better. After such a write off season the target is clear no matter what some will try to say.

Swansea City 23M debt on 04:26 - Jun 1 with 971 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea City 23M debt on 14:39 - May 31 by jasper_T

Half that total wasn't generated in the Championship, it was selling PL players while in the PL or immediately after relegation.

The two seasons of developing players for other clubs will have set us back, no question. Cabango's the only one who has emerged and he had to fight tooth and nail to get games over loanees Guehi and Wilmott, and was fortunate that Rodon and van der Hoorn had so many injury problems. We've been lucky that some almost-ready players brought in last summer have flourished and look like they could be worth significant amounts, as a gap has been created in the academy production line. The next prospects have either had very limited amounts of football for their ages, or are very young.

Another spot on post from Jasper.

The Academy is the key.
It failed us in the Prem with only Roberts since Ben - and loan signings since have meant the club has failed the Academy since relegation.

We need the right type of Academy and the best coaches we can afford.
Common sense tells you that all the best coaches available cannot all be born within 10 miles of the Liberty.
We need the best we can afford, not jobs for the boys.

Beware of the Risen People

Swansea City 23M debt on 08:16 - Jun 1 with 907 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City 23M debt on 18:03 - May 31 by ReslovenSwan1

And he didn’t have Grimes as non captain and passenger either. It’s amazing what you can achieve with a bit of attacking intent - as we found out to our cost. Twice.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City 23M debt on 08:30 - Jun 1 with 902 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City 23M debt on 08:16 - Jun 1 by Brynmill_Jack

And he didn’t have Grimes as non captain and passenger either. It’s amazing what you can achieve with a bit of attacking intent - as we found out to our cost. Twice.

I see Grimes as our biggest problem.
Why? Because for some bizarre reason he is undroppable even though he has been uttelry lblown away many times.
The one who starts everything -backwards-,the one who sfirst thought is -backwards- the one ,the captain who sees his team lose focus and get mullered even though 1500 Swans fans are backing the team,who can't be 'rsed to dig in.

The captain of any team is or should be the mouthpiece of the manager.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City 23M debt on 08:39 - Jun 1 with 897 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City 23M debt on 08:16 - Jun 1 by Brynmill_Jack

Not only that we found out to our cost but also found out to our advantage, we scored the goals aswell as conceded.

This is why the defence should be priority, this is why is suprise me that it looks like the first player to be coming through a door is an attacking player.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024