Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More nonsense being discussed 16:12 - Jun 13 with 3828 viewsQPRSteve

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61784848

What next? I know, you can pick up the ball and run with it!
More nonsense being discussed on 16:34 - Jun 13 with 3711 viewsswisscottage

Anything to stop the ridiculous timewasting that's going on. Its good that they're looking at ideas however ridiculous they sound, but really if refs weren't so lily livered at penalising timewasting in the first place, it probably wouldn't be necessary
More nonsense being discussed on 16:57 - Jun 13 with 3610 viewsDWQPR

More nonsense being discussed on 16:34 - Jun 13 by swisscottage

Anything to stop the ridiculous timewasting that's going on. Its good that they're looking at ideas however ridiculous they sound, but really if refs weren't so lily livered at penalising timewasting in the first place, it probably wouldn't be necessary

Simple thing is to impose a six second rule like the have done (but don’t abide to) for keepers. Ban towels on the side of the pitch. Watching Darnell Furlong last season at times really boiled my pîss and I think there was one game at Peterborough when a Baggies supporter offered him their hoodie as a towel.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

More nonsense being discussed on 17:03 - Jun 13 with 3575 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Imagine weaponising the Barbet Diag TM this way last season.
More nonsense being discussed on 17:08 - Jun 13 with 3562 viewsAntti_Heinola

reason I'd be against it is that every throw in from around level with the penalty box down to the corner flag would effectively be a very dangerous free kick. Wenger thinks it'd make the game quicker - it won't: that's maybe a dozen or more extra set pieces per match for the ref to contend with, not to mention teams playing for throw-ins using long balls etc into the corners so they can load the box at every opportunity.
Insane idea, like 95% of most new rule changes.
Unless you can only pass along the floor?

Bare bones.

More nonsense being discussed on 17:12 - Jun 13 with 3535 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

More nonsense being discussed on 17:08 - Jun 13 by Antti_Heinola

reason I'd be against it is that every throw in from around level with the penalty box down to the corner flag would effectively be a very dangerous free kick. Wenger thinks it'd make the game quicker - it won't: that's maybe a dozen or more extra set pieces per match for the ref to contend with, not to mention teams playing for throw-ins using long balls etc into the corners so they can load the box at every opportunity.
Insane idea, like 95% of most new rule changes.
Unless you can only pass along the floor?

[Post edited 13 Jun 2022 17:12]
More nonsense being discussed on 17:16 - Jun 13 with 3507 viewsdaveB

kids tournaments have kick ins rather than throws and it's pretty much how Antti describes it, every one is basically a shot on goal or a dangerous ball to the back post, made it a very different game

They should just try and enforce the laws currently in place to stop time wasting, just stop the bloody watch when they start it. If every game is getting 10/15 mins injury time it will soon stop
More nonsense being discussed on 17:16 - Jun 13 with 3508 viewsessextaxiboy

Oi Wenger, leave our game alone.
Just apply the existing laws strictly and consistently.
More nonsense being discussed on 17:22 - Jun 13 with 3463 viewsCamberleyR

Didn't they trial kick ins in the Conference twenty or so years ago for a bit and it was concluded back then to be a colossal waste of time and quietly abandoned?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

More nonsense being discussed on 19:46 - Jun 13 with 3113 viewsBrazilNutR

If the pass had to be made with no steps and standing foot flat on the floor, I think it could be interesting... maybe
More nonsense being discussed on 21:15 - Jun 13 with 2930 viewsGloryHunter

I used to like Arsene Wenger, but I'm going off him.
More nonsense being discussed on 22:13 - Jun 13 with 2811 viewsactionword

I think it *could* be a good idea. Throw ins are a colossal waste of time and perhaps some thinking outside the box could be a good idea. It is foot-ball, so why should players be able to chuck it....it does not really make sense?!

Also, I remember watching some hockey in the 2012 Olympics as a total novice and noticed the quick hit-ins (if that is the correct term) from touch really sped up the game.
More nonsense being discussed on 22:40 - Jun 13 with 2725 viewsDavieQPR

The time teams take to set up a free kick takes longer than a throw in. Wenger sure has lost the plot going by his recent suggestions. Remember his World Cup every two years?
More nonsense being discussed on 22:56 - Jun 13 with 2678 viewsLeedsR

I think that our throw-ins are consistently pretty poor, so this might be good for us??!!??
More nonsense being discussed on 23:21 - Jun 13 with 2620 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

More nonsense being discussed on 22:56 - Jun 13 by LeedsR

I think that our throw-ins are consistently pretty poor, so this might be good for us??!!??

We'd probably just pass back to our defence.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

More nonsense being discussed on 03:04 - Jun 14 with 2497 viewsenfieldargh

The goalkeeper taking a goal kick from the furthest point on the 6 yard box is the most aggravating aspect of the game.

The ball goes off for a goalkick to the left of the goal the keeper/Swansea player should be made to restart from that side not take a leisurely stroll to the furthest point

Boils my pi55

captains fantastic
Poll: SWEET F'IN CAROLINE. Played every half time

More nonsense being discussed on 06:50 - Jun 14 with 2403 viewsWesley2Hoops

On the time wasting issue, why isn't it as simple as adding even more time for it. +30 seconds for cheeky little ones, +60 for more blatant incidents. Would take less balls for the referee to apply and actually make time wasting counterproductive. Few 5.30 final whistles and then that would be the end of it no?
More nonsense being discussed on 13:18 - Jun 14 with 2211 viewsLogman

Time-wasting is a major problem. But I don't think it's at throw-ins that it is at its worst. Free-kicks/goal-kicks, feigning injury and ball out of play are far more problematic. FIFA urgently needs to do something about it or the game is going to go.

Another thing, 0-0 draws after 120 minutes and games decided by penalties. FIFA needs to stop this. Domestic Cup finals (Carabao and FA Cup ) should not be decided in this way and its a nonsense that a country should progress and win a World Cup final this way.
More nonsense being discussed on 13:19 - Jun 14 with 2196 viewstoboboly

More nonsense being discussed on 22:56 - Jun 13 by LeedsR

Cos our free kicks/corners are so successful!

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

More nonsense being discussed on 15:22 - Jun 15 with 1971 viewsPinnerPaul

More nonsense being discussed on 22:13 - Jun 13 by actionword

I think it *could* be a good idea. Throw ins are a colossal waste of time and perhaps some thinking outside the box could be a good idea. It is foot-ball, so why should players be able to chuck it....it does not really make sense?!

Also, I remember watching some hockey in the 2012 Olympics as a total novice and noticed the quick hit-ins (if that is the correct term) from touch really sped up the game.

I've been to a live International Hockey match and yes it does speed the game up.

Not up to speed with hockey laws but presumably you can't score from one of those kick ins?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024